New free email provider might be coming, I need your help

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

Would you sign up for iserv?

Yes!
32%
No!
68%

Total votes: 19

Slender Belly
Banned

New free email provider might be coming, I need your help

Post by Slender Belly »

I am starting up my own company. I have decided to call it iserv which would mean its URL would be iserv.com.

Now in the first stages of this company it would provide email such as hotmail does. So for example you could sign up for an email like joe@iserv.com.

The email would be web-based but of a very high quality. There would be many features such as spell check, adress book import and many things hotmail doesnt have.

There would also be a range of other services such as forums, chat rooms, polls and tons of other cool stuff.

When the site gains popularity it would also provide hosting.

Now this is where I need YOUR help.

Tell me if you would sign up for email. Would you help in other ways? Such as telling your friends and spreading the word about iserv?

All the help I could get is needed for this company to be succesful.

I would also like to know if the moposite would help? We could become affiliates or something.

I have a great feeling about this. I think one day it could be big. And it would be a nice feeling to know that you were one of the first members.

Do the above poll to give me an idea of how many people are interested.

And please. Only make comments that are going to help me out. Insulting comments are pointless.

PS. This will be a high quality service and it won't be a spam mine like hotmail.

Thanks for your time!
elastomaniac.com | THE LARGEST LEVEL ARCHIVE IN THE WORLD
eL
Kuski

Post by eL »

Russian HotBox provides 20mb of mailbox and 20mb for site-space fo free. If you have something better for the same prices, i sure will!!!
The fact that bob isn't banned proves that even Abula makes mistakes...
eL - the n00best n00b of all n00bs
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

Sure, I'll do it!
Especially if you give me a good webhosting package (no pop ups/banners/etc) for free :D
Spread the word! Iserv is here!
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

I don't need because I have the best possible email already ;].

How are you going to fund this project/system?
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
Tisk
Donator duck

Post by Tisk »

No offence, but your idea just sucks. Internet is full such stupid sites, and I really don't believe yours would become popular. Just forget about it.
MagnusB
Kuski

Post by MagnusB »

I don't really see the need for this. Don't forget that for example Hotmail is owned by one of the largest companies in the world, do you really think that you will be able to compete with them? Sorry, but I don't like the idea.

Oh, and try to come up with a better topic name. ***I NEED YOUR HELP OMG PLZ*** is not good.
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

I doubt I would sign up. I already have 3 e-mail providers, and a site space of 50MB. And I'm not too interested in the other stuff you'd provide either, sorry.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
Slender Belly
Banned

Thanks for nothing

Post by Slender Belly »

Thanks for nothing.

And yes I also have the best email available Abula. Yours came with your domain and so did mine.

You have abula@moposite.com and I have admin@elastomaniac.com.

Seen as this isnt going to well would you sign up for iserv if it allowed you to send prank email. Like you could decide you email so you could send something to your friend from piracy@microsoft.com and give them a scare?
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

I would hate that...
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

Abula wrote:How are you going to fund this project/system?
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

why that name iserv, that sucks ok
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

How can you say thanks for nothing Slender Belly? You asked us to write if we'd use it or not, and we did.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
Chris Penrose
Donator duck

Post by Chris Penrose »

Prank e-mails aren't funny.
Watch the birdy...
Slender Belly
Banned

Not really...

Post by Slender Belly »

Ok. I gave a bad example about the prank emails. Just say you could send something from billgates@microsoft.com. You could say Me (Bill Gates) has chosen you to recieve 100 shares in Microsoft.

THE possibilities are endless.

Oh and Abula, I would fund it the same way i fund elastomaniac.com. I would at the begining use acidmist.com which provide free .com and hosting in return for adds on your site and once it got big enough I would pay for .com and hosting with the profit I make from the adds I put on the site.

How do you fund moposite? Give us some stats like how much is downloaded from your site a day and how much space it takes up and who provides your hosting and so forth.
MagnusB
Kuski

Post by MagnusB »

Slender Belly wrote:Ok. I gave a bad example about the prank emails. Just say you could send something from billgates@microsoft.com. You could say Me (Bill Gates) has chosen you to recieve 100 shares in Microsoft.
Wow! That sure is great! What a fantas...oh wait, it isn't great at all. It's lame.
My opinion about your idea has now gone from 'dislike' to 'despise'.
Abula
Moposite admin

Re: Not really...

Post by Abula »

Slender Belly wrote:How do you fund moposite? Give us some stats like how much is downloaded from your site a day and how much space it takes up and who provides your hosting and so forth.
First years we payed the costs ourselves + some sponsor support. Nowadays we get enough donations and money from advertising. We could develope that area though.

Average traffic in a day is about 1.5GB in our main server. Replays and some music files are in different servers. Our hoster is Sigmatic. Cheap and young Finnish ISP. We have 600MB web space which isn't full yet.