What do you study or will study?

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

What do you study or will study?

Post by dz »

What kind of work do you want to do after studies and what kind of education do you have, want or will have?

I will start computer-science studies next autumn at university.
MagnusB
Kuski

Post by MagnusB »

I will no doubt study something computer-related, not sure about the details yet.
2fast
Kuski

Post by 2fast »

I wanna work with comps too.
WkE
Kuski

Post by WkE »

those kuskis... they'll do everything just to gain some more minutes of hoyling while they're at work :roll:

P.S.
but i want a comp related job too :P
TT: 43:03.93 | AVG: 47:03.65 | Image | Team Site [TR] || TR Forum | 1 Pro, 27 Good, 26 OK
Bonobo
Kuski

Post by Bonobo »

Job, something with music.
Education: Languages: Swedish, English, French, Latin. will begin with: Finnish and Russian :)
[TT=1:01.67] || < [AC] >, Go
Antz
Donator
Team: Quack

Post by Antz »

i would hope to find some job including chemistry and biology, maybe english too. (-> work in some foreign research lab). but first i have to go study them in some university for sooo many years :|
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

i study soem damn things....omg i should learn for exams
[carebox]
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

i dont know yet, next year ill (hopefully) finish school, then i will go to some university, but dont know what...
magicman
Kuski

Post by magicman »

EXAM, STUDENTEN tomorrow :) omg beer beer

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :teeth:
Team: CF || wc4 pos. 6th || tt: under 42 duno || Metallica... ImageImage
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

I have actually no idea what I'll study...but it's certain that I will study something, that's why I am taking the 'study-preparational' course in 'High School'.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
ToTaL
Kuski

Post by ToTaL »

I'm going at electro studies, and next year if my grades are good enough, I will hopefully come in to plain/fly studies for two more years. Then i will take one year of studiekompetanse so that I can com in to unyversity, but i don't know what to take at the unyversity.
Damn I got almost my whole future planned.
TT: 40:54:55 Member of team TAH
"Where you see polygons, I see opportunities." ToTaL (2005)
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

Im supposed to be studying for exams at the moment, but ive only got 2 left and i havent done any revision yet, so i dont think i'll bother.
I dont neccesarilly want a job with computers, but it'll probably end up that way.
I doing Philosophy next year, that should be fun
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
jw
Kuski
Team: raam65

Post by jw »

I'm a industrial design engineering student, I should study for my last exam at this moment but I'm reading topics like this. And anyway it's not really my last exam, but I don't go to my last exam cuz I planned to be drinking beer at roskilde festival then.
Mick
Kuski

Post by Mick »

i study photonics/internet technologies and telecommunications at swinburne uni in melbourne. yay
team EM - why not ok?
jw
Kuski

Post by jw »

And you will put your cold finger right in that MILF?
Bonobo
Kuski

Post by Bonobo »

Bonobo wrote:Languages: Swedish, English, French, Latin. will begin with: Finnish and Russian :)
:( Russian and finnish is at the same time, then I choose Russian.. but I will read classical greek next year instead :)
[TT=1:01.67] || < [AC] >, Go
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

Im starting college on Monday and will be taking Maths, Philosophy and Film Studies, although I want to change Film Studies for Computing...
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
bob
Kuski

Post by bob »

not alot of people will agree with me (even myself), but i have though about being a school teacher, in younger schools.

ive also recently started to think myself as a police officer, and i think that is where i might be heading if i dont do a computer course, which is my only hope in school

my mum also brought up the idea of a social worker, but i need some subject that i aint doing, and plus, i dont want to worry about other people's worries, mine are enough.
mcleod
Rasu
Kuski

Post by Rasu »

I have been studying computer science on university for 3 years now, and I begun my 4th year earlier this week. I'm maybe halfways through my studies, so 2-3 years more are expected. My main subject will probably be embedded systems.

When you come to think about it, you realize you have done nothing but studied your whole life. It's now my 16th school year (well I spent half a year in the military), and I don't feel i have learnt much or anything at all. Depressing, really. :)
aka Rawl
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

im on my senior year at highschool dunno what i wanna do after that, maybe ill become a teacher :P
Proud Member Of RDK
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

I could never be a teacher, especially if I had to teach a kid like me...
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

Rasu wrote:When you come to think about it, you realize you have done nothing but studied your whole life. It's now my 16th school year (well I spent half a year in the military), and I don't feel i have learnt much or anything at all. Depressing, really. :)
Exactly.

I'm studing the same as Rasu and behind is only one year beer drinking. Army takes one year and after that I really must begin to study.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Topic revival!
So it occurred to me that lots of kuskis went to university lately. I myself included. I am now studying History at the University of Amsterdam, and it's interesting so far.

I've yet had one exam about history till 338 B.C. already, I ended up with a score of 9.3/10 which is together with 3 other people the best score of all the 256 participants! Awkwardly enough I didn't do anything special for that. :D
Palme
Kuski

Post by Palme »

I study industrial engineer with focus on information and communication systems. So hopefully some day i m in a team developing new software (at least that would be my dream-job).
Unlike tj i fucked up all my exams so far, getting several 4.0 (1to6 are the grades and 4.0 is last u pass the test ;/ ). But that s not really tragic i hope, cause it s only the basic studies (dunno if that s the right word). First i have to finish basic studies, then it s getting serious. But this will take 1 to 2 years :)
Apoku RuLeZ! X) http://teamapoku.funpic.de

- me signature is good signature -
jw
Kuski

Post by jw »

i am still studying industrial design engineering, started in september '98 so this will be my 10th year at university...
monday i start with my graduation project and hopefully i will finaly have my mastersdegree in april '08.
AusDerReihe
Kuski

Post by AusDerReihe »

Haven't been to school in 10 years. I only have the required education to allow me to study at universities, but I started working part-time after my required year in the Norwegian military, and when you start to have an income it's hard to go back to school. So I've been working full-time since 2000. Pondered an education related to computers but found I didn't want to work with my "hobby" so I abandoned that thought. Currently working in the transportation business doing customs clearance and organizing transportation of goods in northern Europe.
<b>There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who can read binaries, and those who can't.</b>
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

Film
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
Crazy
The Höylä

Post by Crazy »

Physiotherapeut
Personal Trainer
ARTISTRY is in the eye of the Beholder -||- TT Höylä Mission: 10.48.43 -||- Best Times: Tutorial1 -||- höylä
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

got masters, one in theoretical physics and one in automation/robotics
now studying phd in comp science
[carebox]
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

i've started my first year of university in computer science. The first session has as main subjects:
- C programmation (theory, algorithms and coding for structures such as lists, stacks, graphs, trees, etc...) quite interesting but, the teacher is quite hard to follow (he got mid-eastern accent and talks really low and fast)
- Logic (demonstration of totally ridiculously un-interesting proofs like: prove that A ^ B => C U D = ( E V F).... shits like this, quite boring)
- Mathematics (mainly matrix and everything related to it)
- Analysis and Conception (How to analyse and make the conception of a project)
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
VT
Kuski

Post by VT »

i'm going to start physics in a week
quite interesting for me and i like math as well
Antz
Donator
Team: Quack

Post by Antz »

Antz wrote:i would hope to find some job including chemistry and biology, maybe english too. (-> work in some foreign research lab). but first i have to go study them in some university for sooo many years :|
Heh, well it's been some 4 years and i'm studying chemistry in Jyväskylä university. Planning to go with organic chemistry, with plenty of molecular biology included. Enjoying the studying and in no rush to finish up and start searching for an occupation.
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

started first year of master space engineering in luleå, but will move to kiruna in 2-3 years
whane work with anything related to space, dream is nasa
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

Brag Brag Brag

"I study [made-up subject] and I will be making [highly exaggerated sum of money] soon."

Face it, you're all complete fuck-ups. You live off the extortionate tax revenues from the two or three people who actually did something with their crappy lives like Mika Hakkinen and Bjork, and you sit in the same half-broken pizza-stained armchair every fucking day of the week drawing pictures of Prophet Mohammed and experimenting with the latest in anal dildo technology, at last tearfully falling asleep each miserable night into your ketchup-soaked bed watching a re-run of Lost with three different kinds of subtitles activated.

Lock this topic, it is a farce.
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

cracked up on that

I go to school to maintain mental health, and possibly in 20 years I have enough programming skills to count your top10's average
berhabdul
Banned

Post by berhabdul »

started electronics-telecommunication-computer science at warsaw technical university
Xhomaz
Kuski
Team: LOS

Post by Xhomaz »

I finished my bachelor degree in digital media before summer. I work as a journalist in one of norways biggest newspapers, called aftenposten.
Team LOS website
I'll stop stabbing when you stop screaming
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Sierra :lol2:

I notice the elman archetype is either doing a study with computers or something technical. Are there any of you who haven't been able to study?
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

I just started studying physics in the university of Jyväskylä (hello Antz) and I've noticed that it's getting harder from high school.
At least you should be able to take more responsibility of your studies, which isn't always ez. For excample I should have an exam tomorrow but I forgot to sign up for that.
kinghias
Kuski

Post by kinghias »

started studying a year ago. wasn't sure if i should do technical physics or mechanical engineering. went for the second and i'm pretty ok with it. but hey: it's hard.
berhabdul
Banned

Post by berhabdul »

i always liked maths, but after any analisys lecture i realise how noob i am, it's hard, high-school was max absence + weed&beer during lessons hey...
Uncle Milty
39mins club

Post by Uncle Milty »

started studying jura.
Profs are all ok, but the other students are max fixed on outer appearance :O
so chicky micky girls over and around, chattin all the time - complainin, that subject is too hard (after 4 readings...)

DOnt know, why i actually study it, cant imagine having fun ever with it, me chose wrong, but plan to do an foreign year in norway... Oslo. not sure about that, totally, but we'll see
---
Team EA
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

what's that, jura? :?
berhabdul
Banned

Post by berhabdul »

loo?
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

OK, google found me out what it is. I never heard of it in dutch like that, eventhough I find it quite a logical word, ah well. Everyone must have his dumb moments. :wink:
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

going to be a teacher soon :P
Proud Member Of RDK
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

petsen wrote:going to be a teacher soon :P
what's so comical about that? poor kids... :(
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Subject?
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
berhabdul
Banned

Post by berhabdul »

safe sex
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

Igge wrote:
Subject?
english, german, gym and music :)
Proud Member Of RDK