Your height/weight !

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Re: Your height/weight !

Post by Grace »

Grace wrote: 29 Apr 2012, 03:11
Haruhi wrote:1.88m, 62Kg
Am much more muscles now, some more fat too (Got the formings of a belly going on)

1.89m, 74Kg
Quite interesting to read through this topic.

In 2012 -> 2018 I grew all the way to ~197cm tall, and ~107Kg.

Started HRT April 2020 @ those numbers roughly (a lil skinnier) and I am now down to:

185cm, 77Kg

I've also lost about ~1.5-2 sizes in shoe size.

Quite fun to become smoll :) Still getting shorter and lighter, too.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

Grace wrote: 8 Apr 2021, 08:44 In 2012 -> 2018 I grew all the way to ~197cm tall, and ~107Kg.
Started HRT April 2020 @ those numbers roughly (a lil skinnier) and I am now down to:
185cm, 77Kg
so you are saying your height decreased by 12cm?
sounds like bullshit to me
[carebox]
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

I am indeed saying that I have shrunk by roughly 12cm.

It's a (quite uncommon) side effect of feminising HRT experienced by transgender girls who are well above average height. I believe it's mainly due to softening of soft tissues surrounding cartilage, particularly in the spinal column, but I've never actually researched it to find out why it happens.

Same reasoning behind foots getting smaller afaik.

My shape is quite interesting now. I have extremely long legs and a quite short torso - if I sit down at a dinner table with some friends, I appear to be quite a bit shorter than the rest of them, but then when I stand up I am still quite tall :)
Image Cyberscore! Image
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

i had to google this because your bone lengths stay the same length for another few million years

based on most discussions (such as this one) you can lose a few cm due to fewer muscles or different bending of the spine, but 12cm is way too much
https://www.reddit.com/r/MtF/comments/7 ... ht_on_hrt/
[carebox]
Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace »

I'm as surprised as you are. It's nice to not smack my head on doors or low-hanging ceiling attachments anymore :beer:

It's definitely not because of any bone changes. Starting HRT in youth can have some effects on bone shape, particularly in the pelvis/hips, but not at my age. Although, it's a well known side effect that feminising HRT can result in decrease in bone density, so we are often directed to increase calcium uptake etc.

For me it's like 3-4 cm more shortening than anyone else I've ever heard of, but I have quite a few close friends who've also lost a few inches in height. Trans healthcare is changing so rapidly that there really isn't much in the way of strong literature explaining long-term side effects of modern HRT treatments - they are just too new for a solid breadth of literature to have been developed yet. I'm on a very strong anti-androgen (which isn't even available to be prescribed in the US yet, for example) and the effects I've experienced have been beyond the expected changes across the board. I had D-cups in 3 months, as well, which is just about unheard of in literature/previous HRT, but my experiences and those of my friends/peers is suggesting that modern treatments may just be more effective than those that the literature actually covers.
Image Cyberscore! Image
epp
Kuski

Post by epp »

Grace wrote: 9 Apr 2021, 01:43 My shape is quite interesting now. I have extremely long legs and a quite short torso - if I sit down at a dinner table with some friends, I appear to be quite a bit shorter than the rest of them, but then when I stand up I am still quite tall :)
I am like that too, long legs vs torso.

I am like 189cm and my weight bounces up and down between 85-95kg
Image ^_^
Cfilorvy
Kuski

Post by Cfilorvy »

Cfilorvy wrote: 12 Oct 2012, 11:04 1,79m/90-92kg
Mats wrote:Seems that playing elma is very healthy, since all our BMI's are perfect :lol:
My BMI is over 28... :(
Body weight: 78 kg.
BMI: 24,4
TT: 42
Labs
37mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Labs »

Labs wrote: 6 Apr 2011, 22:33172/57
172/62 now.
Team SPEED

pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

pawq wrote: 30 Mar 2011, 15:28 192cm 74kg ;8-()
jon pwned))
would liek to be 2m(((
and shoe size 48 o//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
buying shoes is PAIN :<
I was hoping I'd find something like this, nice life log this forum :D

So that was when I was 18, throught uni I've been at around 76-78kg, now it's around 78-80 depending on how much I've eaten the previous day :D I guess I'm superlucky with body parameters in that no matter how much I eat, I always seem to effortlessly keep the same weight. Makes it harder to empathise with people who struggle with weight for whatever reason tho...

Also i no longer feel upset about not reaching 2m 😅 banged my head on things enough times already...

Buying shoes still a pain tho