Bible codes, have you seen¿

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Bible codes, have you seen¿

Post by Ky.Jelly »

Any of you heard or read up on these? guy at work brang the book in and the stuff in there is pretty out of it.

here is the link i found http://www.biblecodedigest.com/
Im no religious person

and this one
http://skepdic.com/bibcode.html

what do you people think?
[10:51:18] <skint0r> i could SACh see KyJelly working at ICA ;D
[10:51:37] <skint0r> "vad kostar denna?" "wtf ch0b0"
Thursday, March 2nd 2005, 0942 i was 3333 [4.43% of total / 3.25 posts per day]
EtanOli
Kuski

Post by EtanOli »

check out the movie "Pi"....I think it had something to do with the subject.
jonsi
Kuski

Post by jonsi »

i dont belive in bible codes... how can a person write and with purpose hide letters in the text. i think u can find whatever u want in whatever book u chose. to find words in hebrew is pretty easy because u do not have any vowels. so u put the vowels u want and have the code u want.. whatever the site says i belive in this.

edit: just a thought. when u copy the text some words or letters are added even if the word wasnt meant to be addaed. if u add some words or a single letter the whole thing with biblecode is so dead
Nothing anymore....
WkE
Kuski

Post by WkE »

I speak hebrew, and i can tell ya that those codes are CRAP.
its like i'll say in english :
"does am as dad, is go flame do home"
and i'll translate it to "i'll do like my father did, and i'll burn my home"

i had a prog that founds those codes, i found my name in teh bible :P

jonsi : we actually DO have vowels, but we can write some words without the vowels, like i'll write "br" instead of "beer" (but only in certain words).
TT: 43:03.93 | AVG: 47:03.65 | Image | Team Site [TR] || TR Forum | 1 Pro, 27 Good, 26 OK
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Hebrew language is strange. In old bible texts in hebrew there is standing at every sentence something like a 'Whaaaf'.
I had to translate a greek bible text that was translated from hewbrew first. And because of that 'Whaaaf', every line in greek had the word 'Kai', what means 'and'. So basically You get a story like:

''Jozef walked ...blabla... , and then God spoke to him, and He said, while he answered, that he had to sacrifice his son, and jozef agreed, and walked to his house, where he picked up his son, and two slaves, and some woodchuncks, and they walked to the mountains, and when they were at the foot, Jozef said that he and Izaak continued by theirselfes. And so they went, while they walked. And ...."

You get the point. :wink:
It's is so fucking annoying to translate bible texts out of classic greek. :x
WkE
Kuski

Post by WkE »

sorry tijs, but i don't get that "Whaaaf" thing...
you mean that there are lots of breaks in the story? like "xyz, and abc def, and bla bla, and shit shit" and so on?
or you mean something else?
TT: 43:03.93 | AVG: 47:03.65 | Image | Team Site [TR] || TR Forum | 1 Pro, 27 Good, 26 OK
jonsi
Kuski

Post by jonsi »

WkE wrote: jonsi : we actually DO have vowels, but we can write some words without the vowels, like i'll write "br" instead of "beer" (but only in certain words).
yea i know u have vowels but not in the orginal bible text. back then u put the vowels when u read.
Nothing anymore....
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

show me a picture of hebrew bible text, then I can show it maybe.
I think it is some thingie at the end of each every sentence of torah.
the translators translated every piece of the torah LITERALLY. so that's the reason.
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

Yeah, the bible has bad grammar, it has loads of sentances starting with 'and', when 'and' should only be used half way through a sentance...blahh, anyway, its the 'word of God', so I guess we go to hell if we doubt it! :D
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
jw
Kuski
Team: raam65

Post by jw »

maybe the used "and" in stead of a "." at the end of a sentence? or they put it there as a kind of a captital? (i don't know, just guessing)
WkE
Kuski

Post by WkE »

the original bible is in hebrew, and in hebrew the "and" is just one letter which comes as another letter in the word (i.e instead of "say" there is "asay").
god didn't think that his book will be translated to so many languages... so did JK Rowling.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I think that's what I call the 'Whaaaf'.
our teacher told us that it was very common to speak with those things back then.

is that right wke?
WkE
Kuski

Post by WkE »

ye, of course, language changes with the time. in hebrew its even harder to read it, coz they're using forgotten words and the sentences are messy and not clear.

think about this :
"and god said to Moses : let me ppl go to teh max ya bitch, and Moses said : k, don't whane, balazs"

:wink:
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

hehe, ahum, that's retarded... :wink:
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

heh, Moses said that to the Pharoah anyway, God wasnt involved (not in that conversation anyway)
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.