Programming

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Re: Programming

Post by Bismuth »

I have another Excel problem. I want to display a graph out of 70 columns but show only 10 of them depending on one condition (like, let's say, display the ten with most games played)
:mrhat:
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

Ville_J wrote:I made this nice little number puzzle game: http://oktobia.org/playground/numberpuzzle/. Very much inspired by Tetravex, yes. Play and get to the Top scores-list!
Amazing game =) Got a nice score now :beer:
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

Bismuth wrote:I have another Excel problem. I want to display a graph out of 70 columns but show only 10 of them depending on one condition (like, let's say, display the ten with most games played)
Use data -> sort to sort them into correct order and make a graph out of those ten lines.
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Post by Bismuth »

Ok, I explain my problem better.

I am making an Excel sheet about League of Legends statistics. You enter your stats for each game and it counts stats for every champion you play, every map you play, totals, etc.

The ideal situation I want to have is a customizable graph. You can choose how many champions you want, how you want them to be selected, and what you want to be displayed. Let's say you want to display 10 champions, you choose the most games played, and you select the KPG/DPG/APG/PPG stats (kills-deaths-assists-points per game) to be displayed. Then, the graph shows the ten champions you play the most, and displays their KPG-etc. stats so you can compare easily.

Here's the problem. I can't find a way to select the 70 champions available for the graph, but decide to show only the ten who have the most of one thing. I can't do the sort thing, because it would fuck everything up and is basically not at all what I want to do. I wonder if it's possible to select which stats you display, too, but if I can't solve problem no. 1, I won't search a solution for problem no. 2.

Here is the excel file with my (sucky, I'm in a losing period) stats so you can have an idea of how the file works. If someone knows what to do, I thank him in advance.

And, LoL players and stat lovers, feel free to use it for your own interest, it is very easy and fun when you love statistics.
:mrhat:
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

Xiphias wrote:
Ville_J wrote:I made this nice little number puzzle game: http://oktobia.org/playground/numberpuzzle/. Very much inspired by Tetravex, yes. Play and get to the Top scores-list!
Amazing game =) Got a nice score now :beer:
Maybe you should have some songs in the background :p write some random melodies xd
ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Post by ville_j »

Wow scores Xip o,o Well I guess there is also the luck-factor in this game too xD I thought about some sound things but I thought I'd have to use flash or something there... dunno, never done it in other way. Maybe could add some separate simple player somewhere. And a bigger top scores list maby yes =)
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

I'm just uber pro :D I think the game is nice. xd
jonsykkel
Kuski

Post by jonsykkel »

Code: Select all

#define africans main
int africans(int ernational, char *mander[]) {}
XDDDDDDDDDDDDD
status:ONLINE - - -  drinking:GOFE - - - iq:85 - - - elasto mania ranking:#1
Ropelli
Kuski

Post by Ropelli »

Code: Select all

double rainbow;
ROFLROFLFOROFLDO
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

Frustrated with all latest generation MMORPGs and RPGs sucking ass, I decided to make my own in my spare time.

Started coding a text-based MMORPG on mIRC, inspired by Fallout.

Here are some key points of what I want to achieve, along with some brainstorming: http://pastebin.com/T5guzLU2

Currently I've coded account creation, movement around the map and several backbone functions, soon more stuff will be available for testing ;)

If you wanna test, share ideas or comments - come to #ircrpg on IRCnet.
39:37,91
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

nis
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

You need more explicit specifications with most of those features listed, and you probably have to drop the minigames. "How often did you clear traps or gamble in fallout?". Simplicity is good , where every game element is distinct and non-useless. Although I must also say fuck uber-balanced games, it's very interesting to have unique and characteristic, even over/under-powered mechanics or abilities in games, especially in role-playing games, ya'know "role". Potato peeler shouldnt throw potatoes for 5 damage like knife thrower throw knives for 5 damage (Blizzard balances like this nowadays) . Making game is very easy, but making a (really) good game is one of the greatest (and most interesitnging) chalenges.

I myself have much freetime and I do some minigame programink (scripting) as a hobby. I'd love to help you and be engaged in this (if you even want that) etc but the platform might be too horrible, i zink. And also I dread words story and dialogue, because that means some nasty work and by nasty i mean fucking nasty. If you're just gonna shoot shit , loot and explore then you could realistically get something done. And when you have something done you get to the hard part. It goes exactly like one great milagros once said on irc couple of years ago something along these lines: "it's not hard to make a game. The hard part is to make it good"
Just a few words = )
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

potato peeler should throw potato for 1 damage, roll potato for 10% chance of tripping and falling for 10 dmg, and also juggle potato to hypnotize for up to 5 turns. also eat potato for 1hp regen

also potato bomb extraordinaire for blowing up world
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

Zweq, great points right there.
mIRC, while not the perfect platform for a bot of this scale, will do the job well enough. And mIRC is what I know.
I dread coding complicated dialogue trees as well, I will probably leave quests and storycrafting for when everything else is done.
39:37,91