your religion

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

Pertti
Kuski

your religion

Post by Pertti »

so, whats your religion?

im atheist.
http://www.petitiononline.com/0815/petition.html
In the name of our ancestors, sign it damnit!
Or do you want to let teh untermensch rule our life?
MJXII
Kuski

Post by MJXII »

I have none.
psteve
Kuski

Post by psteve »

I have my own religion and I have never shared it to anyone but I have shared to many people that I have my own religion. I just didn't like Christianity, so many problems with it. I started writing down my beliefs one day, but then realised I didn't need to.
I am a Flying Spaghetti Monsterian. My God has noodly appendage. The reduction in pirates is the cause of global warming.
Napoleon
Kuski

Post by Napoleon »

perfect steve have his own little perfect religion, how sweet isnt that :'))
well, i dont believe in teh bibel or jesus or watefack teh crist
but im still crist, coz of something with teh church, i nat care o_O
Crazy
The Höylä

My religiön

Post by Crazy »

ez teh atheist me too. But I whane believe in Tor, The god of Thunder :P
ARTISTRY is in the eye of the Beholder -||- TT Höylä Mission: 10.48.43 -||- Best Times: Tutorial1 -||- höylä
Rez
Kuski

Post by Rez »

i am christ, too. But i wanna become Hindu
epp
Kuski

Post by epp »

i was confirmated (watefak english word is) to confirm my belief in christ, but thats just tradition to do and just for presnts ;X
i dont believe in it :\ religon is for the weak-minded and ppl who dont know how to act by themselves
Image ^_^
Luther
37mins club
Team: ICE

asd

Post by Luther »

I would love more than anything to be able to find comfort and believe in a specific religion. I envy those who can.

Religion is not for the weak minded eppej - the weak minded are the ones who haven't found their comfort yet ;X
Nekit for president
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

I'm elmathiest o.O
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

eppeJ wrote:i was confirmated (watefak english word is) to confirm my belief in christ, but thats just tradition to do and just for presnts ;X
i dont believe in it :\ religon is for the weak-minded and ppl who dont know how to act by themselves
imo it's more weak-minded and insecure to continue staying in a religion, going through with the confirmation just for presents, than believeing in the religion itself. I did it myself back then, had the confirmation, for the sake of not getting on wrong foot with the entire mom side of the family, and I don't like myself for it. I feel like i let myself down.

Agnostic would be the best suitable description for myself, to go back to the initial post.

and http://www.moposite.com/mopolauta/viewtopic.php?t=1277
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
psteve
Kuski

Post by psteve »

i was just surfing another forum and i've snatched this guys sig.

'Religion is flawed only because man is flawed. Faith ... all faiths ... are admonitions that there is something we cannot understand, something to which we are accountable ... With faith we are accountable to to each other, ourselves and to a higher truth.'

he prolly stole it from somewhere else anyway. it basically says religion is our excuse to make things make sense and to have accountability for our actions, ie guilt if we do something wrong.
I am a Flying Spaghetti Monsterian. My God has noodly appendage. The reduction in pirates is the cause of global warming.
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

I'm nat very religious, computer nerds are science dudes. My great uncle is a priest, though :P
<Fihlvein> another case of zworqy-is-always-right closed i guess
<yoosef> zworqy doesnt suck at anything
epp
Kuski

Post by epp »

but religion is like choosing predefined guidelines on how to live - nat all cases though, liek you dont hev to follow it liek a slave
Image ^_^
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

eppeJ wrote:but religion is like choosing predefined guidelines on how to live - nat all cases though, liek you dont hev to follow it liek a slave
I agree, organized religion isn't good.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

everybody should make their own religion. it doesn't matter if you don't believe in something you don't understand, but make sure you do what you need in life, and that you know why you do what you do.
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
Revolt
Kuski

Post by Revolt »

i always grew up as a christian
hi
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

Christian here too. And Psteve i think u may have misunderstood that quote.
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

I dont believe in god but I cant say Im totally atheist either.
Buddhism fascinates me btw.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I don't have a religion, and I don't believe in any gods. I do believe in the positive and negative effects religions can have.
jonsi
Kuski

Post by jonsi »

I have a religion.
I´m a Jehowas Wittnes. I think that god has created us all after studied the bible very carefully and convinced myself about that.
If u belive in something I think u should convince yourself about that u belive in so u can defend yourself and feel convinced.
Nothing anymore....
StingZor!
Kuski

Post by StingZor! »

I hate religion..
52.xx.xx Bah
alietje
Kuski

Post by alietje »

I'm an atheist... I think most relegions are much too conservative, and I don't like that. but feel free to believe what you want! :)
Alietje is on holiday!
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

I believe in Matrix. Really.
39:37,91
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I decided to get converted to elmatheist. 8)
Crypt
Kuski

Post by Crypt »

Im Jewish
TT ~ 50:42
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

bart is sach smart! ez go spray "naive babies!" on closest chruch now!
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
bob
Kuski

Post by bob »

anyone who believes in any religion i believe is gullable, and that is all. Parents automatically put you apart of something you know nothing about at birth.
mcleod
psteve
Kuski

Post by psteve »

ironically that's as stupid as believing in religion. i dont see what's wrong with believing in religion and u shouldnt tell people they shouldnt believe in religion. leave religious people alone. (i hev 0wn religion wiv all teh mongo parts taken out)
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

i think common sence should tell a person that there arent any gods and that we are alone.

Im agnostic btw, so i dont deny that something COULD be out there but my logic tells me there isnt.
Proud Member Of RDK
Wezz
Kuski

Post by Wezz »

....I have the completely same feeling..... :?:
Wezz 1-100 Levels - PTL pack - ADLP Pack - CR Pack - My Website - Team Website - Proud member of TEM - DONT WANT A ELMA 2!!! My internal TT: 45:xx:xx - Team TEM TT: 39:xx:xx Image
SpeaK
Kuski

Post by SpeaK »

Can't argue about a thing of believing. I don't believe in any form of god nor in anything spiritual.

Luther you right, it'd be great to believe in something like god. Would be nice to have a god you can talk about things to.

Somehow it still pisses me off when i hear people saying "zomg, i don't believe in some big bang theory, what bullshit, so god must exist you noob" or "human delevoped from apes? plz hey isn't more logical that god just created people?" Or, my favorite: "you cannot prove god doesn't exist".
And as my friend made a good point, no one can prove little blue goblins don't live under your bed.

It doesn't of course piss me of if people just say they can feel gods presence, or something like that, but it's just annyoing when some people haven't really even thought about it that much, and just believe in what they are raised to believe.

Of course this all shouldn't get on my nerves at all, but it still does.
jonsi
Kuski

Post by jonsi »

i think that it isn´t right to dissmiss the thought of a god right away.
first of all sience can´t explain everything, and i know u will say "yea not now but later when sience devlopes", but can it do it even then I wonder?

then think of the possibillity that so advanced beeings like wer humans could have devloped from nothing, which this thingie is really about, not if humans devloped from apes or not. somebody said that it is common sense to not belive in god. how is it more "common sense" to belive that all life came from nowhere?

Many scientists belive in fact in some sort of higher power, call it what ever u want. they start to belive it when they see that everything is in so good order and it is so advanced that they think that it can´t be possible for life to devlope from dead matter.

And one thing more about science. even if u belive in big bang it has to prove that there is no god. think of what there was before. explain that with physics,. i think that it is just as possible that that supernatural power we call god aswell could started big bang that if it started by itself.

enough about science for now.
I think that if u belive in god and feel satisfied and know that u have a porpouse with life u can feel much more secure and satisfied with everything u do.
U dont have to be afraid of death and feel bad because u dont know what to do with your very short and hard life.

this is some of the reasons why i belive in god
Nothing anymore....
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I'm not afraid of dead, although I don't believe in god. Is that an option too?
psteve
Kuski

Post by psteve »

jonsi wrote:how is it more "common sense" to belive that all life came from nowhere?
life ez come from chemical reactions in water in primeval earth, where the main catalyst was U.V light. of course ozone layer developed later and now these reactions dont occur. ez proven already too.
jonsi wrote:and one thing more about science. even if u belive in big bang it has to prove that there is no god. think of what there was before. explain that with physics
not explained with physics but mathematics. string theory explains that these 'membranes' exist and when they collide a massive amount of energy is created, not from nowhere, but from their collision it is released, which is the start of a big bang. the rest is easily already explained by physics and widely accepted. these membranes can collide more than once. there might be a god that controls these membranes.

personally i dont think god should be looked to as an answer for our creation. god is there because believing in an important part of humanity.
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

to say that science can explain everything is kind of like saying that christianity can. today ppl are as heavy believers as they have been for thousands of years.
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
psteve
Kuski

Post by psteve »

ribot wrote:to say that science can explain everything is kind of like saying that christianity can. today ppl are as heavy believers as they have been for thousands of years.
i never said science can explain everything and also btw the start of the big bang is explained in string theory which is mathematics so i dont know why u say this after i just corrected a few things jonsi said.
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

The start of big bang have NOT been explained, the natural laws become mysterical when they reach like 0.000001(don't know the exact number of zeros) after big bang happened.
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
jonsi
Kuski

Post by jonsi »

psteve wrote:
jonsi wrote:how is it more "common sense" to belive that all life came from nowhere?
life ez come from chemical reactions in water in primeval earth, where the main catalyst was U.V light. of course ozone layer developed later and now these reactions dont occur. ez proven already too.
it is only proven that some of the things that is necesary for life can be created.
and when this experiment (known as Millers Experiment, took place 1951) took place it was in a enviroment that was controlled by the scientist.
And when a few of the aminoacids necessary for life was created, the scientst protected them from the lightnings which created the aminoacids so the new fragile acids wouldn´t be destroyed by it what created them.
and even if it would be possible to create all necessary things to life, how would they just pop together? especially complex life not just a few strings together which didn´t even furfill the expectations of life

What I mean with all this is that i think that it is not so more unlogical to belive in something that could have created us than that life came from nowhere. It is a other theory among others.
No scientst dismisses a theory before he himself studied the subject and not just listend on others and go with the crowd....

Edit :
btw the string theory isn´t proved and there are still many question about the string theory
Nothing anymore....
Wezz
Kuski

Post by Wezz »

Think you have a point......

Dont really believe in Jesus Christ, cause in the bibels, there is nothing about other planets than earth, and the sun and the moon is mentioned as the light and the dark, and its actually to stars in outer space.....

In the bibel, it sais that Puff!

and god created the trees...

Puff!

God created somethin else....

And i think its a little crappy :)

Dont really know what i should believe in :?
Wezz 1-100 Levels - PTL pack - ADLP Pack - CR Pack - My Website - Team Website - Proud member of TEM - DONT WANT A ELMA 2!!! My internal TT: 45:xx:xx - Team TEM TT: 39:xx:xx Image
psteve
Kuski

Post by psteve »

i never said string theory was widely accepted i just said what it explains. there must have been many trillions of amino acids in the ocean 3.05b years ago, i dont think the chances are that low that some form of life would arise. again maybe a god made life form from the amino acid soup.
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

imagine that you've programmed some ez prog with basic physical equations and you've got big enough computer with enough memory

=> there's a big bang (start of the prog) and somehow it develops due to the equations
=>you're the god of the program
=>the parts of the program can't figure out that they're in some comp

btw. the physical constants are VERY good set, even small changes would cause no stars, planets,...
i guess the space was started more times :D
[carebox]
Wezz
Kuski

Post by Wezz »

youre crazy
:lol:
Crazy
The Höylä

Post by Crazy »

He is not :?

/me is the atheist btw
ARTISTRY is in the eye of the Beholder -||- TT Höylä Mission: 10.48.43 -||- Best Times: Tutorial1 -||- höylä