PSP vs DS : The Great Battle

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

Whats your favourite?

Playstation Portable (PSP)
56%
Nintendo Dual Screen (DS)
44%

Total votes: 25

Crypt
Kuski

PSP vs DS : The Great Battle

Post by Crypt »

This is the ultimate decision, what would you go with. The PSP has amazing graphics and other multimedia option, while the DS has two screens and has a touch screen. I would rather go with the PSP, but thats just me.
TT ~ 50:42
Rez
Kuski

Post by Rez »

psp bcs:
- bigger display
- i hate this touchscreen stuff :roll:
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

ds is sach <3 <3 <3
39:37,91
Crypt
Kuski

Post by Crypt »

8-ball! how could you!
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

If I got one of them for free I would choose psp, but I wouldnt buy any of them.
Crypt
Kuski

Post by Crypt »

I'm just going to buy the PSP when the price goes down.
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

never heard of even one of them....
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
Crypt
Kuski

Post by Crypt »

lol thats sad :lol:
dudek
Kuski

Post by dudek »

Nor did I ... :?
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

based on the desriptions, PSP. wtf do you need a touch screen for.
Crypt
Kuski

Post by Crypt »

All the touch screen does is make the game a bit more interactive, meh
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Don't know anything about 'em, but voted DS caus touch screen would be nice to try out..
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

tijsjoris wrote:based on the desriptions, PSP. wtf do you need a touch screen for.
Maybe making some new innovative games.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
Crypt
Kuski

Post by Crypt »

Nothing innovative can be made with a touch screen, Id rather have somebody create a game that doesn't use a touch screen but is innovative.
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Crypt wrote:Nothing innovative can be made with a touch screen, Id rather have somebody create a game that doesn't use a touch screen but is innovative.
So you can create something innovative if you don't have a touch screen (which is fine), but as long as there's a touch screen involved, suddenly nothing innovative can be created? Makes sense.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Hm, I'd go for graphics and movies and music above touch screen. Maybe someone would tell me an example of how the touch screen is innovative in use?
MiEkk
Kuski

Post by MiEkk »

If your into gaming than PSP is way better. There are already so many kick ass games in development.
TT = 41:40,xx | Canada Rules! [HHIT]
Crypt
Kuski

Post by Crypt »

I'm not saying that if you have a touch screen, nothing can be innovative. But I think it would just be a hassle, I dont see myself playing games with a little pen thing, Thats for PDA's
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

Exactly, and no-one complains about using a little pen thing for PDAs, right? Its the same as the transition from PC to PDA, only this is GBA to DS.

I like the PSPs screen, its very cool. Big and able to display a million (+) colours. Thats exactly what you want a screen for. Kudos.
Shame the rest of it doesnt really come up to the same standards. Take out the MP3 player, I already have one of those, so will everyone else who has wanted one up until now. Take out the DVD player, it wont be big enough to play real ones anyway, and when do I ever have time to watch a DVD when Im on the move? I can play a bit of Mario on the bus, but I cant watch a film. Then lower the price to match what it is I want to buy - a portable games console. Oh yeah, but before I even think about spending anywhere near the price theyre asking, theyd have to sort one thing out - The battery. Apparantly it last for (shocker!) 3 hours! No doubt they'll handily bring out an expansion after a month or two for another £30 or so. Cheers Sony.

Now ok, I did buy a DS yesterday, but Im not being biased. If I had thought of it as worth it Id have waited for the PSP (despite the delayed shipment! Bastards!). The DS has...well...Dual Screens. That was a big selling point for me, not because of the fact that its two screens, but more because it hasnt been done before and it can open doors to things I havent even thought about yet. The innovation will be amazing for games like Zelda, and from what Ive seen of Mario DS this is only the start. The sound is top quality. I havent used headphones yet, but the built in speakers can blast pretty nicely. Batteries last 10 hours, cheers Nintendo (note that one wasnt sarcastic :wink: ).
The touch screen may be pointless, but it is very fun. You are now able to do more than before, which is why you would want to buy a DS as opposed to keeping the GBA, right? You can now write messages (typed and/or freehand) to anyone else with a DS within a certain area via infra red link! Free! Thats good stuff.

The lineup for the DS so far does leave a lot to be desired, but Mario is out for a start, then Zelda, Metroid, no doubt a Monkey Ball and countless others will be following soon. Bring on the good times.
I got mine for £130, including a game, carry case and a demo. Cant argue with that for a deal. Oh, and just look at the size of the games! Fucking hell, I thought GBA games were tiny...!
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
Crypt
Kuski

Post by Crypt »

I think 3-4 hours is good, I wont be playing it for 10 hours straight. Besides they are introducing a new and improved lithium-ion battery which can boost the efficieny by 30%, roughly 1.5 hours. People are all about gimmicks, even if you have a MP3 player, your still going to want to have one in your handheld, it doesnt make sense, but its nice to have everything in your handheld, watching movies is also something nice about it. You can watch movies while on a drive or something. Yes, the the touch screen is fun to play with, but unless they come out with some REAL INNOVATIVE games its going to go down the toilet. And the radius of chat etc, whos really going to use that? My friend from school bought a DS a few days ago, he already was trying to sell it to me. BOO FOR DS! LONG LIVE PSP!
psy
pappamopo

Post by psy »

Seriously boys..

Do we really need one of these childish console wars around here? You buy the one that has the games you are interested in, or you get both. Yes, not because it has gigazillion colour dualmegascreen stereo blaster wifi1.1287123 surround mp3 nigger dualstick, but because theres a game you wanna play.

If youre going to make your "ultimate decision" based on hardware you should think again.

Btw, theres a similar poll going on at a finnish handheld site www.taskufin.com. It translates to "if the price wouldnt matter, I would get:"
sorey, no solutions today
I used to believe in many things, all of it! Now, I believe only in dynamite.
Crypt
Kuski

Post by Crypt »

yes we do need childish threads, i want to stay young :lol: