TV Show: Lost (dont read if you dont want spoilers)

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Re: TV Show: Lost (dont read if you dont want spoilers)

Post by ville_j »

Ok, the more I think about the ending and go through different forums and discussions about it, the more I start to really hate it and despise the writes for the whole 6th season and the direction it took. I will now try to explain why I feel this way and hope maybe someone can agree or even disagree with valid points.

It seems like most of the people who like the finale can't comprehend at all that some people may not like it. I've read hundreds of replies saying "No, apparently you didn't understand it at all because you don't like it." or even "You're not a true fan if you didn't like it! Why did you even watch the show if you disliked it so much?!?!". Those are just retard things to say and make me dislike the finale even more because that kind of stupid people like it and come up with such shitty comments to write.

I've read various forums, posts and chatting about the finale, and in every single place the people who don't like the finale have made much more sense than the 'lovers'. I can really relate to problems people are having with the 6th season and the finale itself. People who write positive comments about the ending seem to just come up with things like "Ye luv it, the circle really closed witch Jack's eye and everything! And I CRIED!!". Don't get me wrong, I can accept that some people liked the ending and so on, but the way I described just isn't enough for me to make it a good ending, and I don't want any retard to tell me that I didn't understand the end. I really fucking did!

Then there is this another retard type of people who say this: "Fuck you idiots, Lost is not about mysteries, it's a character driven show! Why did you watch it if you don't care about the characters?!". Well excuse me, but if I just wanted to watch some drama and character relations developing I would just watch Brothers & Sisters. Lost WAS much more about mysteries and unsolved questions, right before season 6 started and the writes just couldn't explain the shit had happened along the show and decided the mysteries aren't that important. I mean, how did the most of the episodes end? A fucking cliffhanger with some crazy shit mystery things happen/revealed. Things that made us go WTF ZOMG, and not like Kate telling Sawyer "I love you" or someone turning out to be gay/lesbian/transsexual or anything like that. The crazy things kept me watching and wanting to know more about the shit that was going on in there. The characters are also interesting and I cared about them and I kind of loved the way it all ended for them, but the fact that the mystery-side was somehow tried to sweep under the rug in the final season just irritates me.

So now you should agree with me, but it doesn't necessarily mean that you disliked the finale. I mean I really think everything I just wrote is absolutely true and that's what made the end shitty for me, but it does not rule out the possibility you liking the finale. Yes? No? If no, you just didn't understand or are not true fan of tv entertainment.
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

So now you should agree with me
No.

I liked the finale simply because Lost is a mystery show, and not your average drama. Therefore they were able to leave some up to the imagination of the viewers, and didn't have to serve it to us all on a silver plate. I'd much rather have to speculate after the finale than have every single question answered. After all, the thing I loved most about Lost during all these 6 years was making theories, and trying to figure out the answers. Therefore, I'm so happy they left me with something to work on even after the show ended.

I can totally understand how you feel. I just don't feel the same way. 8)
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

I don't really see the problem...what mysteries were left at the end?
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

How did Kate/Sawyer/Claire die?
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

chux wrote:I don't really see the problem...what mysteries were left at the end?
what were the numbers? why did they have to press the button, why didn't they automate it? why did all the ppl (walt, ..) have special skillz? who was the woman on the island? who built the statue? why couldn't jacob and mib kill each other? why couldnt mib kill everyone? why couldn't he leave if jacob could? wtf was that whole alternate reality shit all about? wtf, two realities that didn't merge? what were the others actually doing on the island? why did dharma initiative still drop food after they left the island? why did mib look only like locke? wtf was all that fight widmore vs. ben? wtf was jack's father doing there? .. and other zillion unanswered questions

overall ending was really shit, they didn't manage to merge it with alternate reality, there was no reason to test desmond, widmore was completely useless except the fact he brought desmond. They could have made it 50 different ways so it would make sense and would be pro ending (like the one i wrote there), but not this shit. I wanted to turn it off for last 30 mins, it was just lame. everybody is in love, i cry.
[carebox]
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

First of all, I like having "unanswered" questions. I don't want someone to tell me exactly what happened and who everyone was and why they were like that. I don't need someone to explain exactly who Tom Bombadil was in The Lord of the Rings, I don't need anyone to explain to me exactly what the force is in Star Wars.

With that, I move on to your questions.

What were the numbers? Well, this is a non-canon explanation that I can still get behind. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PPCCcXarkc
why did they have to press the button, why didn't they automate it? They still needed someone down there in case the computer failed. The reason why they didn't automate it is, to me, totally irrelevant.
why did all the ppl (walt, ..) have special skillz?"All the people"? Or do you mean just Walt? Well, true, we never got an answer to this, but I for one prefer it that way. It's a goddamn mystery show, and if you explain everything it's not mysterious anymore. Just like I said in the first paragraph, I don't need, nor want everything explained.
who was the woman on the island? You can answer that, but that would only, like she says herself, lead to another question. Why don't you tell us how you think she got there instead? Since we haven't gotten an answer, every theory is technically correct. You have the power to answer that question yourself, so why not do it?
who built the statue? Just like in the question before, why not answer it yourself? I would assume other people who Jacob brought to the island built it. Now, you could have that answered by Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse, but I believe my theory is good, so I will just assume it's correct.
why couldn't Jacob and MiB kill each other? Because their mother made it so that they couldn't. It's as easy as that. The question is really "how did mother make it so that they can't kill each other?". Well, of course I can't answer that and be 100% sure I'm correct, but then again it's a goddamn mystery show. Let's leave some mystery in there, shall we?
why couldn't MiB kill everyone?Because they were touched by Jacob. My theory would be that since MiB can't kill Jacob, he can't kill people who were touched by Jacob. That might be one reason why Richard didn't die when Smokey got him in New Otherton.
why couldn't he leave if Jacob could?Perhaps being the protector of the island allows you to travel out of it's bounds, so that you may search for new candidates? Again, any theory goes.
wtf was that whole alternate reality shit all about? wtf, two realities that didn't merge? I'm gonna go ahead and assume you understood the ending, then you would know that they did, in fact, merge. When everyone died they found each other in the AR and thus were able to move on together.
what were the others actually doing on the island? The first others were probably brought there by Jacob, and they thought the island was special. Thus, they stared protecting it, just like Ben did when Oceanic 815 crashed.
why did dharma initiative still drop food after they left the island? Perhaps it was dropped during Dharma times, but then whilst falling towards the island there was another flash and the pallet landed in the time when Aaron was born. Then it lay there until the survivors found it some days later.
why did mib look only like locke? When he killed Jacob he couldn't assume the form of any other dead person anymore. I don't have any theory as to why, and I agree with you on this one. This could have been explained in the show.
wtf was all that fight widmore vs. ben? Ben didn't appreciate Widmore as a leader, and felt that he was special and that he should lead the others, thus he managed to get Widmore banished from the island. From there on it just escalated.
wtf was jack's father doing there? If you mean on the island, then his father wasn't really there. Christian Shepard on the island was MiB, just like he assumed the form of Locke, Yemi, Isabella etc, as well.
and other zillion unanswered questions Go ahead, I could really use some more. I love writing this and thinking things through again.
overall ending was really shit, they didn't manage to merge it with alternate reality, there was no reason to test desmond, widmore was completely useless except the fact he brought desmond. They could have made it 50 different ways so it would make sense and would be pro ending (like the one i wrote there), but not this shit. I wanted to turn it off for last 30 mins, it was just lame. everybody is in love, i cry.
I liked your ending, and I liked theirs.

We never really got to see what Widmore was up to since he had Desmond stolen from him, so considering how things turned out eventually, yes, the only thing he was good for was bringing Desmond to the island. I always thought the two realities would merge, but the fact that they didn't make ti so is to me the non-obvious way. The fact that the two realities didn't merge, per se, was a nice twist to something I thought I had completely figured out. The fact that they managed to fool me even in the last episode felt pretty good, actually.

Anyway, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and I'm sorry you didn't like it. I hope that you at least enjoyed the ride up until the end.
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Haruhi wrote:How did Kate/Sawyer/Claire die?
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Haruhi wrote:
Haruhi wrote:How did Kate/Sawyer/Claire die?
As Christian Shepard says in the church to Jack, "some died before you, and some died long after" so my theory is that they got back home with the plane and lived a long life and eventually died when they got old.
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

Igge is right about most of them, but I'll add my own answers on top.
Igge wrote:What were the numbers? Well, this is a non-canon explanation that I can still get behind. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PPCCcXarkc
There isn't a real explanation, because there doesn't have to be. The numbers are sometimes coincidence and sometimes, probably, Jacob's precognition in action. He knows things that will happen, and at the end the Candidates had those numbers. Who knows why he put them in various places, but he did...the numbers are the characters.
Igge wrote:why did they have to press the button, why didn't they automate it? They still needed someone down there in case the computer failed. The reason why they didn't automate it is, to me, totally irrelevant.
Because it was an experiment. They had people watching, either to record what the Swan staff did, or maybe to record whether or not they recorded what the Swan staff did...but either way it was all part of a bigger experiment into human behaviour.
Igge wrote:why did all the ppl (walt, ..) have special skillz?"All the people"? Or do you mean just Walt? Well, true, we never got an answer to this, but I for one prefer it that way. It's a goddamn mystery show, and if you explain everything it's not mysterious anymore. Just like I said in the first paragraph, I don't need, nor want everything explained.
A lot of skills were given by Jacob. He gave a lot of people immortality, and seeing as he made himself visible to other survivors in the last episodes he was probably controlling who Hurley could see and who Miles could hear a long time before the show started.
Igge wrote:who was the woman on the island? You can answer that, but that would only, like she says herself, lead to another question. Why don't you tell us how you think she got there instead? Since we haven't gotten an answer, every theory is technically correct. You have the power to answer that question yourself, so why not do it?
The protector of the light. She was probably given the job by someone else...it goes back like the problem of infinite regress, asking what created God. You can't get to the end.
Igge wrote:who built the statue? Just like in the question before, why not answer it yourself? I would assume other people who Jacob brought to the island built it. Now, you could have that answered by Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse, but I believe my theory is good, so I will just assume it's correct.
The Island has been around for thousands of years. The statue was quite Egyptian looking, so probably a load of slaves 7000 years ago.
Igge wrote:why couldn't Jacob and MiB kill each other? Because their mother made it so that they couldn't. It's as easy as that. The question is really "how did mother make it so that they can't kill each other?". Well, of course I can't answer that and be 100% sure I'm correct, but then again it's a goddamn mystery show. Let's leave some mystery in there, shall we?
They couldn't kill each other because Mother made sure they couldn't. That was probably her way of motivating both MiB and Jacob to stay on the Island, protecting the light.
Igge wrote:why couldn't MiB kill everyone?Because they were touched by Jacob. My theory would be that since MiB can't kill Jacob, he can't kill people who were touched by Jacob. That might be one reason why Richard didn't die when Smokey got him in New Otherton.
MiB only couldn't kill people Jacob (or Mother) had given immortality. Most others he just didn't want to or didn't need to kill.
Igge wrote:why couldn't he leave if Jacob could?Perhaps being the protector of the island allows you to travel out of it's bounds, so that you may search for new candidates? Again, any theory goes.
Because their jobs are different.
Igge wrote:wtf was that whole alternate reality shit all about? wtf, two realities that didn't merge? I'm gonna go ahead and assume you understood the ending, then you would know that they did, in fact, merge. When everyone died they found each other in the AR and thus were able to move on together.
The two realities merged as much as Heaven and Earth merge. They're both eternal, people just cross over.
Igge wrote:what were the others actually doing on the island? The first others were probably brought there by Jacob, and they thought the island was special. Thus, they stared protecting it, just like Ben did when Oceanic 815 crashed.
Yep, they were survivors, or descendants of survivors of various ships brought to the Island by Jacob, Mother, or another past protector.
Igge wrote:why did dharma initiative still drop food after they left the island? Perhaps it was dropped during Dharma times, but then whilst falling towards the island there was another flash and the pallet landed in the time when Aaron was born. Then it lay there until the survivors found it some days later.
Because they didn't all leave. Most left, but they left Radzinsky and Kelvin pressing the Swan button. They dropped food for those guys. They didn't get the message that both had died because Mikhail didn't tell them. As long as Desmond was doing the job they didn't care.
Igge wrote:why did mib look only like locke? When he killed Jacob he couldn't assume the form of any other dead person anymore. I don't have any theory as to why, and I agree with you on this one. This could have been explained in the show.
Because he only chose to look like Locke. He looked like Christian and various other dead people before then, he just chose Locke because he had the history with the other survivors. And because Terry O'Quinn is the star of the show, he has to have TV time!
Igge wrote:wtf was all that fight widmore vs. ben? Ben didn't appreciate Widmore as a leader, and felt that he was special and that he should lead the others, thus he managed to get Widmore banished from the island. From there on it just escalated.
Widmore was the leader of the Others, but Ben banished him when Widmore abused his position to leave the Island and start a family back home. Since then Widmore has been trying to get back. Widmore had his men kill Alex, so Ben threatened to kill Penny...blah blah.
Igge wrote:wtf was jack's father doing there? If you mean on the island, then his father wasn't really there. Christian Shepard on the island was MiB, just like he assumed the form of Locke, Yemi, Isabella etc, as well.
MiB was posing as him to find his loophole. He needed the survivors to do various things in order to get Locke's body to use to convince Ben to kill Jacob...it all goes back a long way but your answer is that it was MiB.

And yeah, Kate, Sawyer and Claire all died, because that's what people do. Richard too, and Ben, and Hurley, and Desmond. Anyone who survived the series died somehow, that's life. The alternate reality had no set time and date, it was just...after life.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

igge is an idiot. ugly nolifer
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

That's me. You couldn't have been more spot-on.
Polarix
Kuski
Team: TR

Post by Polarix »

Alright, lost is finsihed :O Ive watched every episode during these 5/6 years and, it have just been magical. Tip top, guess i will never see anything better than lost ever again.
totem
39mins club

Post by totem »

Well, Dead Set is very nice too, just a hint
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

Dead Set wtf? It's nothing like Lost o,o But anyways I like it because I'm a huge fan of Big Brother xD

Anyways, few thing about the finale bother me so much that I'm still willing to write about them here:

1. So.. when MiB was in a form of himself (before he turned into a black smoke) the "mother" told him that he could never leave the island. Was he a bad bad bad guy already then and would have destroyed the whole world if got off then? Or was it just after he turned into a black smoke that he become this embodiment of evil? And why on earth would he ever even turn into a black smoke in the light, since Jack very much "survives" it? You can maybe try to explain it but I just think it's too random.

2. When Desmond 'popped' the cork out, MiB became mortal. Had he destroyed the world if he left the island then? What happened to thing that all the candidates had to be dead before he could leave? And I really don't understand, MiB's intention never seemed to be destroying the world or any shit like that. And now that he couldn't be the smoke anymore and was trapped in John Lockes body and could be killed... he really didn't seem that powerful to me. And the scene where he left Jack just lying on the ground was too tacky. Why didn't he just smash Jack's head with a rock instead of running away and then just mysteriously standing on a cliff to wait Jack to come there for the final fight.

3. And what the fuck was Jacob's cabin, who was there and why (episode named cabin fever), and what was the "help me" for? And who broke the ash ring and why?

The question number 3 seems a bit irrelevant, because the whole series seemed just to be about the final season. And that's the problem. And no, I don't need a straight answer served to me on a silver plate for every possible question, but I think way too much was left on the viewers imagination. If I wanted to make up everything myself I would have stopped watching the show after the 5th season =)
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

1. Good and bad is all relative. I guess when MiB killed Mother Jacob saw it as one of the most horrible things a man could do, and thus thought of him as nothing but evil. Really, we've only got Jacob's word when it comes to MiB being evil, and I'm not sure I even trust him.

The light represented all that is good. MiB went down there after just killing a woman in cold-blood. Perhaps the good and the bad clashed when he got down there, and he turned into the smoke. However, I guess Jack had just killed a man before he went down as well. Maybe it has to do with the intentions of the man who goes down there. MiB wanted to uncork the island (destroy it), Jack wanted to cork it (save it).

2. Would MiB destroy the world? No, I don't think so. I don't think he was evil. As for not killing Jack immediately, perhaps he felt he did not have enough time? But yeah, I know what you mean. After all, it's a drama, and not "real life".

3. MiB was in Jacobs cabin. I had a theory on this awhile back actually. Keep in mind though this is not an answer.

Shortly after saying "Help me" to Locke, Locke was shot and left for dead in the Dharma grave. Then Walt appeared and told Locke stop the freighter people to get to the island, but my theory is he also told Locke to disturb the ash circle. The Walt Locke saw was thus actually MiB, who told him to do so just to let himself out.
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

Oh well nice answers I must say, but as you said just theories. I guess I'll never get enough reliable and "right" information from the writers. From now on I'll just watch Fringe!
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

God Bless America