about world topic

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

about world topic

Post by 8-ball »

hi, what do you think about world?
you know like, living in teh, having lovely hurricanes, hugging your cat, traveling etc.
discuss.
39:37,91
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

These days are pretty sad...

- Lots of people die
- Lots of natural disasters
- Lots of losts

I don't know if it's the human fault or it's just that nature is a bit too fragile but, i don't think the human race will make it more than 1000 years from now. Soon flooded, the Earth will sooner or later get back to another very cold era. I guess that's what killed the dinosaurs. That's a little the Earth's way of getting even and starting back to zero.

Just a stupid hypothesis... don't pay too much attention
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
ead
Kuski

Post by ead »

i find that stuff interesting boneless :)
i dunno whether to agree with you or not, since i see/hear reports and such that talk about global flooding etc, then i hear something about it being a natural process/no big harm.. seems a confusing topic without putting research into it :? but i think we're intelligent enough have have teh technology to adapt to mostly whatever happens :)

btw cool/different discussion topic ;)
TT: 43:59,45 Riff Raff! Always good for a laugh!
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I find it to be pretty constant. Oil has been drying up for thirty years, earth has been warming up for somewhat longer. It will chill down at a point, there's no problem in that. Only the canadians will have a problem with the warmth, since they can't bear temperatures above zero celsius.
Perhaps that is the reason for a weak economy on our side and a rising one on china's side. They always eat this hot food, beyond the limit.

Yes, actually we're doomed. Doomed to nag forever and to slowly become a little more poor. God save us, send us a comet.
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

world is cool. there are some cool people if you look hard enough. and spending time with those people is cool.
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

Now this is what I call a huge topic :roll:
<Fihlvein> another case of zworqy-is-always-right closed i guess
<yoosef> zworqy doesnt suck at anything
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

I have this teory that somewhere else in the universe there is another world/planet where human start living, and when they die they go either to hell or heaven, and those going to hell are sent here to this planet. And those sent to heaven to some other planet.
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

You know, some people say that there are worlds in worlds. Meaning that there always is a bigger world than the one you are in...

I've developped a very stupid theory :

The Sun would be a cell ( or a neutron or a core or a kernel ) and all the surrunding planets would be electrons. People never found if the universe has an end... it has one, but it is excessively far. Every human would possess in himself billions of billions of billions of planets ( or cells ).

Would that make some kinda sense... i don't think so :?
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

You're not the only one having had those thoughts =)
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

yeah ive thought it as well since things seem to go tinier and huger eternally
Wezz
Kuski

Post by Wezz »

No way to survive with Bush as president :(
Wezz 1-100 Levels - PTL pack - ADLP Pack - CR Pack - My Website - Team Website - Proud member of TEM - DONT WANT A ELMA 2!!! My internal TT: 45:xx:xx - Team TEM TT: 39:xx:xx Image
Tm
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Tm »

Yep, i was thinking same as Boneless, such weird, but if it's true just try to figure how Big the Universe is.
Agree with Sierra too if u live with nice people u can know them as a persons , just to know interesting things, spend time, etc...
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Blah, world sucks...
ead
Kuski

Post by ead »

coal stuff boneless :)
go to www.wikipedia.org and research time travel for 5-10 minutes. you can totally confuse people with it, and its interesting too :lol: but if time travel is possible to go back in time, shouldnt we be sort of expecting someone to drop by sometime? maybe have tea, share devastating news about teh future etc :)
TT: 43:59,45 Riff Raff! Always good for a laugh!
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

The_BoneLESS wrote:i don't think the human race will make it more than 1000 years from now.
thats very optimistic in my opinion. I set deadline to 150 years from now, maybe 100.... the more i think about it, 50 years quite ez possible, too..

I´m a realist, not pessimist btw....
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

sach true insguy :(
but I have watched too much catastrophic movies etc. :P
like all ice at the poles will melt, climate will fakc up, ice age come, ozone layer die etc etc :P
twipley
Kuski

by the way

Post by twipley »

well, if we don't make us blow until then, Aldoux Huxley back in 1930 precidted some kind of future utopia (I had thought about it before falling on the book, thus) but you should give the book a look

back in 1910 he predicted it to be far of 600 years, but in 1940 he said it could happen even in so less than 100 years away from us.

sure it's science fiction, but strangely enough, various people told me we are closer from it now than it was in the 70's when they had read the book.

at least that's one of the possible life outputs on earth.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... 9?v=glance
I just read the preface but that gave me an idea... (you can't read it on amazon.com)

if we don't make us blow I say that we have some kind of future...
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

I bet my pants that USA and NASA have made secret contacts with other civilisations from outer space already :| Discuss.
teajay
Donator duck

world sucks because of it's gravity

Post by teajay »

In spite of these negative utopias, there is no need to foresee end of humanity. Unless there is invented a bomb that instantly kills every single creature on earth or the sun explodes in the near future, humanity won't be gone in 5, 50 or 500 years. We are simply with too many.
The north pole is melting? Yes, it is. What's the big deal, can't we survive that bit of water? Does a broken atmosphere exist in a world that still is filled with multiple kinds of organisms breathing out gasses that create that atmosphere?
We might get it a little hotter. We might reduce our population to one billion in thousands of years due to insufficient recources. But we won't get extincted that easily. World itself will survive even longer than us.
SveinR
Moporator

Re: world sucks because of it's gravity

Post by SveinR »

tijsjoris wrote:Unless there is invented a bomb that instantly kills every single creature on earth or the sun explodes in the near future
Ez solaronite
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Go back to outer space with your science fiction crap, ok. :P

And don't come with the deadline of 5,5 billion years. Indeed man should be extincted by then, though not in the near future yet.
J-sim
39mins club

Post by J-sim »

that the earth will end is enevitable. i think its in mans instincts to survive, and since we are intelligent beings we see that we won't survive here forever. so why was there a race to the moon? it is our instints to find a solution to the enevitable problem. and of course the people/the country that finds this solution will be safe. in stupid and practical sense: they will decide who gets to go on the rocket that leaves while the earth is exploding behind them :lol:
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Poles melting... good ! Some years ago scientists were saying "Don't use too much water, there won't be any in some years". I think this statement is, these days, totally false. Most people ( for instance South-Eastern USA people ) would love to see less water... we just have to fing a good way of purifying it.

and i don't think that giving the human race 100-200 years to live is really realistic. Beside some natural disasters on sea-side cities, everything is going pretty fine. Maybe i'm too optimistic but damn, life will go on far enough for at least 100 more generations...
teajay
Donator duck

INEVITABLE

Post by teajay »

Luckily not all of us see doom nearby.

And jsim, I think the rocket should be far away when earth finally explodes. The sun will make the earth go boom, simply by expanding it's size. At that time it's better to have already left the solar system, else it would be all useless.
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

The human race will ez survive for 1000 years. Probably 10 000 years too.
<Fihlvein> another case of zworqy-is-always-right closed i guess
<yoosef> zworqy doesnt suck at anything