are you a christian?

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

biggest waist of 40 min ive ever spent. It just talks about stupid star alignment and sun movement. wtf.
Religious Man
|| TT: 37:47:70 || EX New Wave WR + Animal Farm WR || 24 Canadian Records || TEC Bronze Medal || HHIT in the 37min club || http://elastomaster.tripod.com/
||
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Memphis wrote:biggest waist of 40 min ive ever spent.
yo momma has a bigger waist
Antz
Donator
Team: Quack

Post by Antz »

memphis more like 'everything written in the bible has been copied in from dozens of other religious non-christian myths predating it by far.' or did you just miss that?
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I know plenty of christians who dismiss the bible as something true. All sane people know you shouldn't take these books seriously, like mohammed was actually a warlord, because the times were like that.

For the same reason we all take a loan at the bank and muslims don't have eternal jihad upon the west, besides a very few retards.

In my view, religion is becoming more and more universal, and even more something of side activity than the main focus in our lives. Eventually we might stop believing altogether.
Harald Hasch
Kuski

Post by Harald Hasch »

tijsjoris wrote:...Eventually we might stop believing altogether.
xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3ClCwcCvdQ

what now, believe in believe?
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

http://hypnosis.home.netcom.com/iq_vs_religiosity.htm

what this explains, is that there is a direct correlation between Low IQ and Religion. clearly, those with lower intelligence find more solace in having to know that there is a god, that "I" will be okay after death.

i find it a bit ironic that gods smartest creatures, the ones he gave the greatest natural born gifts also tend to be the ones that dont believe in him, obviously, this somewhat proves that with faith also comes stupidity. you will more likely indulge in what sounds nice rather than what is realistic if you do not have the best of reasoning skills.

this might piss some people off, because nobody likes to have their intelligence challenged, but i dont really care, the pure and simple truth lies right there, and there is no argument worthy of putting it down. and dont give me that shit of "its a site wtf does it prove", this statistic is on numerous sites and has been tested countless times on random groups of people, all with the same outcome.
God Bless America
Staar
Kuski

Post by Staar »

tijsjoris wrote:...Eventually we might stop believing altogether.
as Friedrich Nietzsche wrote "God is dead"
Rock n Roll All Night and party everyday
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Anyway, as I said, Newton was highly religious, so this you're saying should be taken with a small grain of salt; throughout the middle ages, the only signs of science can be found in monastic traditions.

So this direct correlation only really applies to the latest period of human history, after the Enlightenment, industrialisation etc. Mainly the concept of luxury and individualism proves to be destructive for religion, eventhough the fast pace of these developments shows that some groups in our society resist against those by falling back to more traditional ways of life - the devotion among those.
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

if you werent religious back in that time you were dead, hence even the smartest of people then were religious just cause it was constantly shoved down their throats since they were born, i consider now to be more of a better statistic in that there are far more people able to actually make a free decision on what theyd like to be, whereas before if you were not religious then you were the enemy.
God Bless America
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Re: are you a christian?

Post by Lousku »

Many rofls were experienced.
Henkjan wrote:it's written in the bible that all the things that are happening now are seposed to happen.
Memphis wrote:But the thing is not one thing is gonna make everyone see that god is real u just gotta believe.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Lousku
Kuski

Re:

Post by Lousku »

simon_labroue wrote:
A.K.B. wrote:I'm Christian, and proud of it.
I'm Simon, and proud of it.
(hi Chris)
hi chris

-

Here's a hidden gem in teh middle of it all: http://mopolauta.moposite.com/viewtopic ... 39#p125939 (Last edited by The_BoneLESS on 12 Oct 2010, 20:14, edited 1 time in total.)
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

Shit topic, let it rot.
39:37,91
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wV_REEd ... ure=relmfu

This pretty much sums up western christians.

Lol at my earlier post in this topic (Below BoneLESS' linked above) - i was 12.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

For quite a long time I didn't give a shit about the Church whatsoever, but I believed God exists. However, at one point I simply found that I didn't feel that any more. I somehow lost the inking that there was something greater. There was no particular reason or stimulus, I just lost faith. I'm an atheist since then I guess, but I'm not proud of it. I don't regret it either. I think it's sort of a matter of "taste", a simple feature that describes any human and does not make anyone better than somebody else in any way. There is just a "no" under "Believes in a superficial force/being?". Just like there is a "yes" under "Likes olives?" and a "no" under "Is black skinned?". I hate it when people judge others just by their faiths, there's a whole lot more in every human than his (lack of) faith (in God).
anonymous32
Kuski

Post by anonymous32 »

To me Atheism is as extreme a position as Christianism.
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

To me noodles are the same as spaghetti.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

anonymous32 wrote:To me Atheism is as extreme a position as Christianism.
Why would you call any of these extreme? I'm seriously interested! (No irony here)
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

Let's just... He's not serious. I'm out.
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

NOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPE

I'm out.
Image Cyberscore! Image
anonymous32
Kuski

Post by anonymous32 »

Pawq wrote:
anonymous32 wrote:To me Atheism is as extreme a position as Christianism.
Why would you call any of these extreme? I'm seriously interested! (No irony here)
To me, both are beliefs. The position of non-belief is called "agnosticism."

btw, noobs can be out, i do not care. :roll:
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

There's a difference between believing in something that has no physical evidence, e.g. god, and "believing" in science - just like there's a difference between believing the way to cure a person of a disease is by smashing their head with a rock as opposed to giving them an appropriate medicine. One has been proven to work, the other one is just a ridiculous idea.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
anonymous32
Kuski

Post by anonymous32 »

One of the less debated claims among science philosophers is that science contents should be refutable.
Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace »

I'll quote a lovely talented man on this one. It even rhymes.

"Science adjusts it's views, based on what's observed. Religion is the denial of observation so that faith can be preserved."
- Tim Minchin
Image Cyberscore! Image
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

I think I gave a link to that poem some time ago on this forum.
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

No, I'm not a fucking christian. I feel pity for my relatives who are into this christianity nonsense, I feel pity (sadness) that they live their lives in faulty beliefs all their lives. In their death beds still thinking they'll get to live in some kind of a paradise. All that because one reason, one reason only: fear of death and their incapability to accept what happens after death. Then I come to a realization it's them who have found at least some kind of a point or "mission" in their lives. Maybe I'll just get my thumbs up for them, it's not like it matters how had you lived your life at the point when maggots are eating your brain. If you were happy in your life, I guess that's a BONUS.

The first page of this thread describes perfectly how stupid religion is. "just believe", yeah, sure. Religion is based on blackmailing, using fear, I don't feel much "love" in that kind of approach.
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

i don't believe in fairytales anymore
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

Zweq wrote: Then I come to a realization it's them who have found at least some kind of a point or "mission" in their lives. Maybe I'll just get my thumbs up for them, it's not like it matters how had you lived your life at the point when maggots are eating your brain. If you were happy in your life, I guess that's a BONUS.
Exactly. The rest of your post is terrible but this section isn't makes sense. Although it does contridict everything you say before and after it. Sounds like your confused. You ever heard about Our lord and saviour, Jesus Christ?
Religious Man
|| TT: 37:47:70 || EX New Wave WR + Animal Farm WR || 24 Canadian Records || TEC Bronze Medal || HHIT in the 37min club || http://elastomaster.tripod.com/
||
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

Stories about trolls also tend to have good ethical morals for small children, but they don't make the stories true. I don't see how can civilized people believe in fairy tales written by some nomad folk two thousand years ago.

The chances are that god doesn't exist, so stop worrying and enjoy your life.
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Especially given that 25% of the stuff was written buy a guy a hundred years after the events xd
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

Memphis wrote:
Zweq wrote: Then I come to a realization it's them who have found at least some kind of a point or "mission" in their lives. Maybe I'll just get my thumbs up for them, it's not like it matters how had you lived your life at the point when maggots are eating your brain. If you were happy in your life, I guess that's a BONUS.
Exactly. The rest of your post is terrible but this section isn't makes sense. Although it does contridict everything you say before and after it. Sounds like your confused. You ever heard about Our lord and saviour, Jesus Christ?
I think Lousku's answer was good enough. Anyway, no I'm not confused ;) I just answered the question this topic presents and some extra thoughts about christianity. And it's not like I didn't give a chance for it, didn't all of us believe into greater power at childhood? I just ditched that idea around 9 years old or what. I lost some relatives during my life and even then I didn't feel like changing my mind. Before life and afterlife are hard to understand and accept, but making up something that doesn't exist(can't be measured) just for selfcomfort is not for me. I'm more interested in how the things really work.
Kiiwi
37mins club

Post by Kiiwi »

when i think about what god has done for me i get tears in my eyes (tears of happyness). and i thank him. why not give it a try?
Isn't that what kinda triggered this IDIOTIC piece of peacebraker-topic?

Ok, now: Substitute word god in that sentence with ANY random word and the result is the same - made up belief-system - religion. The whole point in it is to believe in smthn (be it Jesus or spiderman), abandon all logic, degenerate to uncreative and circular thing and attack anything that might contradict ur beliefs. Fine by me, do what u wish, JUST STOP SHOVING UR IMAGINARY FRIENDS AND VALUES TO OTHER PPLS FACES FFS! Religions are like kids bickering who has the best lego warrior, it's childish, it serves no meaning and the result in the end is subjective, inconclusive and has nothing to do with anything but the winners ego...Just as in religion.

Grow up human kind. We're adult enough as a species to get along without imaginary friends and santa clauses and whatnot.
Image "It's good to be having fun, but it'd be funnier to be good"
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

enough said
totem
39mins club

Post by totem »

Orcc wrote:The chances are that god doesn't exist, so stop worrying and enjoy your life.
i've got a t-shirt from this londonian campaign :)
nobody cares but as mentionned above there's a difference between atheist and agnostic, i'd rather be agnostic for what it matters. A bit pagan even.
thank you for your attention
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

I am not a religious person and I don't believe in god. However, I don't feel the need to prove anyone right or wrong. Some religious people I've met seem to have a very good heart and they are very forgiving persons. And if the religion has anything to do with it I am actually happy about it. I don't think they are stupid for believing in such things, but I just don't believe and science is doing just fine explaining how things came to be and it suits me better.
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

Ville_J wrote:Some religious people I've met seem to have a very good heart and they are very forgiving persons. And if the religion has anything to do with it I am actually happy about it.
In my opinion it's better to be kind out of kindness rather than fear of hell. The bible teaches horrible things among good things and it's up to the believer to pick out the positive teachings. A kind person only picks out the reasonable teachings and a moron picks out the bad apples. The religion doesn't matter, it's the person itself. And in most cases a nice religious person would be nice without the religion as well.
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

Well, I slightly disagree. Religion can really make a difference in one's view of life, I've seen it. And I don't think it has to be because of a such negative thing as 'fear of hell'. Anyways the point of my post was that if believing in god has made someone's life better or brought more happiness and kindness, why would I want to deny it from them?
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

Ville_J wrote:Anyways the point of my post was that if believing in god has made someone's life better or brought more happiness and kindness, why would I want to deny it from them?
Agree completely. Live and let live.
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Ville_J wrote:if believing in god has made someone's life better or brought more happiness and kindness, why would I want to deny it from them?
Because while it's bringing this one person more happiness and kindness, it is a constant cause of hate and death all over the world. I would be totally fine to "live and let live", the only problem is that some others will never be. The thing that worries me most, though, is that all this killing and dying is happening just because some people can't fucking agree on some small details of the plot of Little Red Riding hood or something. I mean, wtf?
Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace »

Ville - Yes, there are some people that find genuine positivities out of religion, however this is a very extreme minority. Just as the fundamentalists are a minority.

The fact however remains, that at least HALF if not more of the devout christian population WILL try and bestow the teachings upon other people, and are religious for the sake of being religious. Most people DO NOT look at the genuine messages behind the religion, the selflessness et cetera. If i had a dollar for every "good" christian teenager i see who swears by the bible and then goes outside and swears at his/her neighbours, i'd be rich.

One interesting thing is this: I've found so far that those who are NOT religious but have read the bible tend to be very good and kind people, because they see through the imaginative landscape and read the morals behind the stories.
Image Cyberscore! Image
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

Yes I am fully aware of both of your notices and I was not speaking for the religion itself. The wars and killings it has caused are indeed unacceptable, but I find an old granny who goes to church every Sunday to have very little to do with it. Well, this discussion can go on forever because it seems some people are misinterpreting me no matter how carefully I choose what to write.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Ville_J wrote:it seems some people are misinterpreting me no matter how carefully I choose what to write.
it's always like that :/

And I think that whatever idea/movement we talk about, it will always be the case of how people interpret it and how people use it. It's the same with christians, some "use" the religion wisely, others abuse it as a reason for wars etc. We can't discredit an idea just because it is misused.
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

There's plenty of other reasons to discredit religion, though. :D
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Only reasoning. You can as well create an X-God that will be responsible for some things you don't fully understand, like black holes or anything of that kind. Religion is just an answer for some people, to those things that they care about yet can't grasp, like afterlife and other bullshit.
anonymous32
Kuski

Post by anonymous32 »

Nowadays the only value I see from the Christian religion is for the values it teaches. Again, the latter may be ambiguous. For example, Jesus died for the acceptance of the excluded, while the current stream of that religion seems willing to die for the exclusion of the minority -- therefore, in direct opposition to the original stream of Jesus thought. Jesus for the winner.
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

There would be no (hi Chris)tmas without (hi chris)tianity! I like presents :)
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Bludek wrote:There would be no (hi Chris)tmas without (hi chris)tianity! I like presents :)
Wouldn't there? Christmas was originally celebration of winter solstice (days starting to get longer) which was taken over by christians, eventhough many now believe Jesus wasn't even born in winter (don't hang me up on details).
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

Well, at least there wouldn't be Xmas as we now it, i guess...
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels