are you a christian?

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Re: are you a christian?

Post by Lousku »

No reason why it wouldn't be mostly the same. Only without christians trying to claim it's their holiday. :)
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
BlaZtek
Kuski
Team: CMR

Post by BlaZtek »

This is some serious shit :D
[13:22:24] (ImagebEAT) blaz super pro
[17:06:15] (ImageRamone) ok I suckj. blaz rules
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

didn´t post in this topic yet i think...

I AM.
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Well that explains it..
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Let me start by reproducing quotes from what I said in this topic during past six years.
  • In general I find religion a bit disturbing
  • I simply don't believe in his spiritual force, nor his existance.
  • And that's what I'm missing in your religion: responsibility.
  • Well, if I burnt my face, I would not be happy. I wouldn't thank god, nor blame him.
  • Hm, I think the devil always gave good things. God is just boring.
  • I do think religion caused really much trouble in history. And that it would've been better if there was no such thing as religion.
  • So the more people become christian, the bigger the hunger of the church to dominate.
  • Well, I do know why they would lie: because they can't find good scientific arguments to prove the existence of god.
  • Religion and science are just those two things that don't, and shouldn't be tried to mix.
  • So I suggest you refrain from that pseudo-science and try to convince people (If you really want to spread the word) with that what really matters in religion; emotions, dedication etc.
  • GODDAME
  • And it's indeed energy that mankind came from, as all derives from it. But maybe that's too materialistic for you to grasp.
  • Plural gods, animals, it all makes the whole thing of believing much more fun, when the gods themselves can be jealous, sexual active etc.
  • Since a handful of decades we fought ourselves free from the burden of going to the church every sunday
  • Now I wonder, what is it that some people still seek deeper understanding, and others, like me, don't see any reason for deeper understanding?
  • Mainly the concept of luxury and individualism proves to be destructive for religion
Now the story. During fall of 2010 I met someone who's a devout christian. I was attracted to her, but initially very suspicious on her being religious. I had become much more open to people's beliefs, but still felt awkward dating someone who had those on a more concrete basis. This doubt went away pretty quickly, as love makes blind. I had to convince her though, that it'd work out.

It worked out great. We had a deal about sex - it wasn't near to 4th base, and even before this, we went very slow. I really liked this though, silly as it may sound. I grew accustomed to her religion as something that we had to share, eventhough I didn't believe and wasn't going to behave any differently. Some minor things changed though: I started cursing with god or jesus, like I stopped doing that seriously with cancer and homosexuality years ago (I've always had deep respect for gays - pun intented).

We went to her church occasionally - called "crossroads" - she had been going there for about a year, after she'd left her old church. She used to sing in this band, and I liked watching her sing. The songs were very boring, but her singing is superb, so that was a good reason to go and see. In this church they have drumkits and electric guitars and also powerpoint presentations during the service.

Anyway, shit happened, and we broke up about 2 months ago, due to reasons not linked to religion. I have never felt worse in my life, which isn't so weird, because my life's been great. I was never seriously ill, and somehow my optimism and intelligence always kept me out of problems. Sure, I've had minor setbacks, and had to fight my personal demons - but it all worked out great. Until this happened. I felt so supremely devastated, nothing seemed to matter anymore. Even the music was dead (and that's pretty serious for a musician-musicologist).

And that's when I started writing poetry for my ex and thinking of how special she is. Memories of how we discussed about how we could make it work with marriage and all. How the most important thing in her life - God - didn't seem to touch me in any way. I planned on reading the bible just to find clues of how I could emulate this feeling she has. And during this process, I felt that she's the one that opened my eyes for something that doesn't exist in the material world. And my old self would totally disagree - emotions are in your head and purely biological. True. But I want to believe. The prospect of getting back together isn't good, by the way. And I'd be still happy to know I've found a new kind of feeling, eventhough we won't be together anymore.

And now to get back to my previous statements: I have changed indeed. According to the bible I should be reborn, but I take that as a metaphor which only applies to a certain part of my identity. I find that there's still much truth in those remarks I made years earlier. Religious institutions have had their share of vices. It's terrible to know that people will murder in the name of a god. Not to mention those horrific events in the catholic church. You can't mix science and religion. The aims of both are different. I thank God nowadays once in a while, and I pray about every day, but it doesn't mean I've become deaf to other philosophies, stories, opinions or views. I haven't gone to a church service since my revelation (a revelation that wasn't accompanied by flashes of lights or other visions and I understand when you'll say it's the opposite of a revelation), but I have had several good experiences with pious and service music like Bach's passions in concert halls and churches. And lastly, I still think that luxury and individualism proves to be destructive for religion, but also for the well-being of individuals if they're led by those as the singular goal in life.

Let the bashing begin. I return the other cheek :wink2: . I have no interest in discussing God's existence - before my revelation I was already fed up with that, so don't bother. I still have respect for all of you, I hope this is vice versa. Jokes aside, I think respect, or rather the lack of, is the sole reason for all bad things discussed above. Before I was a believer (I'm being very careful with the word "christian", since much of the bible is like gibberish to me, and I can't possibly relate with many statements therein, eventhough the idea of Christ has appeal to me), I made it a point to not hate anyone, and to respect everyone, and it works for me. Ofcourse I'm not perfect.

Final word: about four months ago I was having trouble trying to imagine believing in anything besides materialism - so I have to admit that I'm totally unsure about anything. I just like to believe.
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

bro, I could call you all kind of things, and bash away but wtf, seem you got some euphoric bs going on over there :P

im much more likely to believe in elves, dwarfs and ba ghazel than someone shining lights through my clouds
[10:51:18] <skint0r> i could SACh see KyJelly working at ICA ;D
[10:51:37] <skint0r> "vad kostar denna?" "wtf ch0b0"
Thursday, March 2nd 2005, 0942 i was 3333 [4.43% of total / 3.25 posts per day]
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

teajay wrote:...The songs were very boring, but her singing is superb, so that was a good reason to go and see. In this church they have drumkits and electric guitars and also powerpoint presentations during the service....
well, this is also in our church. I am responsible for ppt presentation of songs during teh service along with few other technical stuff.
teajay wrote:..Let the bashing begin. I return the other cheek...
fact: The term "other cheek" was not meant to let us be beaten by anyone who wants, but to listen our mates and friends and receive either good and bad things from them, like giving us lessons and stuff.
teajay wrote:...During fall of 2010 I met someone who's a devout christian.....Anyway, shit happened, and we broke up about 2 months ago, due to reasons not linked to religion...
beisik. i know many "him and her"s, who one was and one wasnt "believer" as you named it (nice word:D). mainly like ur case, that she is believer and he isn´t. Every of these pairs broke up.

{i hope you are not kidding, but so be it... :)}
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

I actually can relate to that post disturbingly well. I was with a girl for ~2 years that was a religious person and funnily enough, her church was crossroads in Australia. Went there a few times and tried to not be too ignorant and listen to the morals at least, if not believing in the religion itself. I always had some unnatural over-attraction to her that never made any sense to others.

Then we broke up and i was devastated, turned major depressive for a little while, lost all interest in games (went inactive from elma for a while even) and music too (stopped going to my lessons and rehearsals) and didn't do any of my schoolwork or social events.

The difference is that i didn't come back to a happy state through any form of bible-reading or w/e, i just moved on.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Jappe wrote:although i have never regarded teajay as very capable individual and think of him as "emotion before reason" (very bad) kind of guy, im still willing to give him the benefit of a doubt and conclude that is a troll post
That's funny, because I think I am more rationalistic than emotional. I understand your description of my being as if I were an imbecile, is that correct? Or do you just mean I am not capable of pulling stunts like very good troll posts? In that case I entirely agree with you. It feels kinda trollish though, to tell you the truth. My goal is to be natural about it and my nature has it that I like jokes, intended or not. I laughed at your post and it gave me a good vibe, thanks! :)