are you a christian?

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

Jalli
Pipe King

Post by Jalli »

You believe that all men and women are descendants from Adam and Eve?
4th position in WC4 (DAMN YOU KARLIS!!!!) PWNED KARLIS IN WC5!!!!TT:39:2x:xx (you've got some playing to do Stini ;) ) When it's all over the question is not who was right. The question is who's left.
Henkjan
Kuski

Post by Henkjan »

yes
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Henkjan wrote:yes
Well, you can't actually believe that, because according to the Bible:
Gen 4:16 And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.

Gen 4:17 And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.

So, at this point, the only people who have been described have been Adam and Eve, and their two sons Cain and Abel. Cain has slain Abel, and he moves to the land of Nod. Somehow, he finds his wife here. So his wife cannot be a descendant of Adam and Eve.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
simon_labroue

Post by simon_labroue »

Well said, SveinR.
Henkjan wrote:i go to a church where you [...] have alot of diffrend kind of.. how do you call that?
I call that a "gangbang"
Henkjan
Kuski

Post by Henkjan »

well, then only cain's wife is not descendant of adam and eva.
Last edited by Henkjan on 23 Mar 2006, 17:15, edited 1 time in total.
Henkjan
Kuski

Post by Henkjan »

simon_labroue wrote:Well said, SveinR.
Henkjan wrote:i go to a church where you [...] have alot of diffrend kind of.. how do you call that?
I call that a "gangbang"
no that's not what i mean
simon_labroue

Post by simon_labroue »

Well, in general we could use OS 0 1 2, but the ideas conveyed in this topic cannot be challenged without quarter and with pristine rational thinking.

science cannot disapprove religion, and vice versa.
this discussion would lead to nothing...

Agreeing with boneless on the values, principles this religion conveys. but I can apply them without believing in God. and I think that's right to do so. don't bother us anymore since we unanimously think the same
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

Henkjan wrote:well, then only cain's wife is not descendant of adam and eva.
sorry SveinR I know you warned me..

but goddamn Henkjan you ignorant f*ck .. dont u see the bullshit here?? SveinR's quote just proved that the bible is man made by ppl who never ever have spoken to God, only voices inside their heads (scitzophrenia)..
Proud Member Of RDK
Henkjan
Kuski

Post by Henkjan »

i just asked my mom about this
she said that adam and eve had mutch more children, they just were not mentioned. so cain got a child with his sister.
only the most important people are mentioned in the bible..
and those are mostly male..
so all the other children are not mentioned at first.
Jazka
38mins club

Post by Jazka »

Henkjan wrote:i just asked my mom about this
she said that adam and eve had mutch more children, they just were not mentioned. so cain got a child with his sister.
That's right... They usually mentioned only sons, not daughters.. Think about Jaakob who had 12 sons but no daughters... :roll: Quite unlikely that he hadn't got any daughters...
TT: 38.59.35 (20.)
Avg TT: 39.56.193 (12.)
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Perhaps. Or it could just be that the traditional Christian view that all human beings are descendants of Adam and Eve is simply wrong (according to the Bible), because the Bible does not actually say that. All it says are that Adam was the first Man and Eve the first Woman.

But anyway, if Cain married his sister, and everyone would be closely related in some way, then that race would soon be full of genetical problems as cause of inbreeding, such as insanity and worse.
Rules | FAQ
Henkjan
Kuski

Post by Henkjan »

why would they get genetical problems?
and can you explain the word inbreeding? my english isen't that good :P
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

Jazka wrote:
That's right... They usually mentioned only sons, not daughters.. Think about Jaakob who had 12 sons but no daughters... :roll: Quite unlikely that he hadn't got any daughters...
Are you suggesting the bible to be "likely" in most other aspects? :D

Btw i thought inbreeding cause genetic problems to be a myth, cause why should they.
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

Henkjan wrote:why would they get genetical problems?
cuz in any case of anything nearer than cousins having babies has resultet in birthtrouble and genetic disfunctionality, for fucks sake how old are you boy?

these are simple laws of human anatomy which we learned in the earliest days of preschool.. everything is natural, GOD DOES NOT EXIST!

Inbreeding is what hillbillies call natural, but to you it means:
when close family (like brothers or sisters) have babies and those babies again have babies and so on, any flaws in theire genetics (besides the ones they get for being children of a brother and sister for example) will be held within their dna and given to the next generation..

this is why german shepherds are likely to develope that hip disorder in their back legs. idiots in the dog world,took two very fine specimens of german shepherds and got them to mate and mate and mate and their pups, were forced to do the same, and at some point a dog with this hip disorder was involved in this and it stuck in many generations of german shepherds and these dogs are still affected by this to this day. And they will for many years to come until its been bread out of them again..
Last edited by petsen on 23 Mar 2006, 19:46, edited 2 times in total.
Proud Member Of RDK
Henkjan
Kuski

Post by Henkjan »

petsen wrote:
Henkjan wrote:why would they get genetical problems?
cuz in any case of anything nearer than cousins having babies has resultet in birthtrouble and genetic disfunctionality, for fucks sake how old are you boy?

these are simple laws of human anatomy which we learned in the earliest days of preschool.. everything is natural, GOD DOES NOT EXIST!
you can't convince me..
right now we are just talking about the bible, i am not trying to convince anyone, so why are you?
and i mentioned several times that i'm 16
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

try to read the rest too....

your not acknowledging my point..

this isnt only about convincing you.. but to let u know how freakin stupid you are if u deny anatomy ..

oh and btw ... why do you think most ppl mentioned in the bible are males.. maybe cuz the opium smokin dopes who wrote the shit were in fact MALE... and women werent that high ranked in the social order at the time..

how come you DONT know this..

Im amazed by your ignorance and stupidity.
Proud Member Of RDK
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Can we try to keep this conversation somewhat intelligent and mature please?
Rules | FAQ
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

ye sure. sorry.. he just pisses me of :)
Proud Member Of RDK
Boomer
39mins club
Team: LOS

Post by Boomer »

petsen wrote:ye sure. sorry.. he just pisses me of :)
Leave the discussion then.
Team LOS website

<jaytea> uh milk was invented in 1966
-
<teh_mila> bah, fucked up nice labpro ride cause i almost fell of the chair:)
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

I join any discussion I like :) if i get angry at someone ill be happy quite fast again thats why im still here ... ;)
Proud Member Of RDK
simon_labroue

Post by simon_labroue »

I'm pretty new to all this

At http://www.godexplained.com/ they say the real Jack the Ripper was in fact disincarnate Jesus. What are your first reactions?
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Jappe wrote:this topic has been off topic for so long i that im suprised operators
doesnt say anything about it
Well it's not really off topic - but people should stop posting attacks directed at Henkjan, and some other posts that are just rediculous.
Rules | FAQ
Jalli
Pipe King

Post by Jalli »

Henkjan wrote:so cain got a child with his sister
Okay, I guess the Bible tells us that incest is okay then...
4th position in WC4 (DAMN YOU KARLIS!!!!) PWNED KARLIS IN WC5!!!!TT:39:2x:xx (you've got some playing to do Stini ;) ) When it's all over the question is not who was right. The question is who's left.
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

Hehe ya Petsen man i must say u got mad at Henkjan at the start of this post for trying to convice people to believe in god but seems like your doing the opposite right now by trying to convince people that god isn't real? It almost makes you a hypocrate for getting mad at someone for something and then doing the same thing. Anyway i think there is no way to prove that god is 100% real or 100% fake you just have to believe what you feel is right. And Sveinr you did make a good point up at the top of this page about how everyone comes from Adam and Eve but how does Cain get a wife. Im going to look into that one a little more and see if i can get back to you. First time ive pulled out my bible in a few years.
Religious Man
|| TT: 37:47:70 || EX New Wave WR + Animal Farm WR || 24 Canadian Records || TEC Bronze Medal || HHIT in the 37min club || http://elastomaster.tripod.com/
||
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

hmm, i didn't know there were any people according to bible not descendant of adam and eva
[carebox]
Jalli
Pipe King

Post by Jalli »

Memphis wrote:And Sveinr you did make a good point up at the top of this page about how everyone comes from Adam and Eve but how does Cain get a wife. Im going to look into that one a little more and see if i can get back to you. First time ive pulled out my bible in a few years.
While you're at it, please check what happened with Noah and his wife's descendants too...
Henkjan
Kuski

Post by Henkjan »

milagros wrote:hmm, i didn't know there were any people according to bible not descendant of adam and eva
acording to my mom (no flames please) edam and eva had alot of children, that offcourse had children, so on so on..
so the wife (in my eyes) was one of adam and eve's children, same for cain.
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

Henkjan wrote:
milagros wrote:hmm, i didn't know there were any people according to bible not descendant of adam and eva
acording to my mom (no flames please) edam and eva had alot of children, that offcourse had children, so on so on..
if you believe in bible word by word, then why do we find those dinosaurus bones or some homo habilis ones...
and why did god make it not much simplier..
[carebox]
Henkjan
Kuski

Post by Henkjan »

milagros wrote:
Henkjan wrote:
if you believe in bible word by word, then why do we find those dinosaurus bones or some homo habilis ones...
and why did god make it not much simplier..
i did here something about the bones..
they are not from dinosaures but from other creatures that you can find in the bible, now i bet your gonna say: yeah but according to scientists the bones they find are milion years old, and the bible isen't.
well i just simply believe this.
offcourse there are alot of questions that people ask like: why did god make this earth so complicated..
well there are just questions that no one can answer...
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

Memphis wrote:Hehe ya Petsen man i must say u got mad at Henkjan at the start of this post for trying to convice people to believe in god but seems like your doing the opposite right now by trying to convince people that god isn't real? It almost makes you a hypocrate for getting mad at someone for something and then doing the same thing. Anyway i think there is no way to prove that god is 100% real or 100% fake you just have to believe what you feel is right. And Sveinr you did make a good point up at the top of this page about how everyone comes from Adam and Eve but how does Cain get a wife. Im going to look into that one a little more and see if i can get back to you. First time ive pulled out my bible in a few years.

yea i know im kinda a hypocrate.. sorry fellas :P

i just think that the phenomenon "God" is so ridicoulos.

im sorry guys ill just try and stay out of this one this time :)
Proud Member Of RDK
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Henkjan wrote:[...] offcourse there are alot of questions that people ask[...]
The most obvious question is 'Who made God'...

Some people might say Religious theories are non-sense and science has it all but what about that big bang theory, not much sense in that.

The Big Band theory has a the same non-sense :

According to the standard theory, our universe sprang into existence as "singularity" around 13.7 billion years ago. What is a "singularity" and where does it come from? Well, to be honest, we don't know for sure. Singularities are zones which defy our current understanding of physics. They are thought to exist at the core of "black holes." Black holes are areas of intense gravitational pressure. The pressure is thought to be so intense that finite matter is actually squished into infinite density (a mathematical concept which truly boggles the mind). These zones of infinite density are called "singularities." Our universe is thought to have begun as an infinitesimally small, infinitely hot, infinitely dense, something - a singularity. Where did it come from? We don't know. Why did it appear? We don't know source

That singularity is the same problem, how did it all start. Beyond all thoughts, i think the religious explaination is the most possible because it appeals to much more abstract concepts which cannot be proved but the scientific explanation should be found because it's science, and science can be proved.
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
Henkjan
Kuski

Post by Henkjan »

The_BoneLESS wrote:
Henkjan wrote:[...] offcourse there are alot of questions that people ask[...]
The most obvious question is 'Who made God'...

Some people might say Religious theories are non-sense and science has it all but what about that big bang theory, not much sense in that.

The Big Band theory has a the same non-sense :

According to the standard theory, our universe sprang into existence as "singularity" around 13.7 billion years ago. What is a "singularity" and where does it come from? Well, to be honest, we don't know for sure. Singularities are zones which defy our current understanding of physics. They are thought to exist at the core of "black holes." Black holes are areas of intense gravitational pressure. The pressure is thought to be so intense that finite matter is actually squished into infinite density (a mathematical concept which truly boggles the mind). These zones of infinite density are called "singularities." Our universe is thought to have begun as an infinitesimally small, infinitely hot, infinitely dense, something - a singularity. Where did it come from? We don't know. Why did it appear? We don't know source

That singularity is the same problem, how did it all start. Beyond all thoughts, i think the religious explaination is the most possible because it appeals to much more abstract concepts which cannot be proved but the scientific explanation should be found because it's science, and science can be proved.
no one made God, he is the creater of all things.
i have no clue where he comes from..
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

What I find interesting here is, many(most?) Christians in today's western world do accept the Big Bang theory, and does accept the evolutionary theory, and does not take everything the Bible says literally, but more.. symbolic. But you don't. I just wonder if you have thought about it, that this could rather be the case. That God was more the initiator of these processes, and has intervened in the process over the course of time, but that the scientific theories still hold water.
Rules | FAQ
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

btw. there are no singularities in black holes.. it's only the closest thing to singularity (of course in the equations there is singularity, but the equation is build on some preconditions which are not exactly like that - symetry and so... so it's something almost like singularity)
[carebox]
Henkjan
Kuski

Post by Henkjan »

SveinR wrote:What I find interesting here is, many(most?) Christians in today's western world do accept the Big Bang theory, and does accept the evolutionary theory, and does not take everything the Bible says literally, but more.. symbolic. But you don't. I just wonder if you have thought about it, that this could rather be the case. That God was more the initiator of these processes, and has intervened in the process over the course of time, but that the scientific theories still hold water.
well even if the big bang did happen, i don't mind, that's in the past.
i don't need to think about where we come from, but where we are going.
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

I don't know of any christian that believes in the big bang theory. That's pretty much believing in two totaly different things. And sorry pesten didn't mean to take to much out on u with the last comment keep throwing ur imput in this topic. And God created dinosaurs too just doesn't talk about it in the bible.
Religious Man
|| TT: 37:47:70 || EX New Wave WR + Animal Farm WR || 24 Canadian Records || TEC Bronze Medal || HHIT in the 37min club || http://elastomaster.tripod.com/
||
Henkjan
Kuski

Post by Henkjan »

Memphis wrote:I don't know of any christian that believes in the big bang theory. That's pretty much believing in two totaly different things. And sorry pesten didn't mean to take to much out on u with the last comment keep throwing ur imput in this topic. And God created dinosaurs too just doesn't talk about it in the bible.
i am not saying god created dinosaurs, but other animels.
maybe dinosaurs never existed..
but i don't care if they existed or not.
Henkjan
Kuski

Post by Henkjan »

The universe is drifting toward disorder. The question of how it became so remarkably ordered in the first place also points to God. As William Paley would suggest, if you see a rock on a beach you wouldn’t know how it got there. If you see a watch there you would know it has a designer because of the complexity and order of the watch. We can know God exists from the order and complexity of the universe.

We can see remarkable order in physics. The law of gravity is perfectly fine-tuned to support the existence of life. The combinations of physical constants in our universe are perfectly set for the existence of life. Since an infinite number of combinations and values for the physical constants in our universe are plausible, we can safely assume someone set the conditions for life. And we know that it wasn’t aliens from the planet Zork from the 5th universe that set these conditions, as this would only transfer the problem to the planet Zork, who would require a cause. God is, by definition, that which is uncaused.
http://www.allaboutphilosophy.org/evide ... ts-faq.htm
Henkjan
Kuski

Post by Henkjan »

Memphis wrote:I don't know of any christian that believes in the big bang theory. That's pretty much believing in two totaly different things. And sorry pesten didn't mean to take to much out on u with the last comment keep throwing ur imput in this topic. And God created dinosaurs too just doesn't talk about it in the bible.
and according to the bible, this earth is 5000 years old, not 12 bilion years or so.
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Henkjan wrote:The universe is drifting toward disorder. The question of how it became so remarkably ordered in the first place also points to God. As William Paley would suggest, if you see a rock on a beach you wouldn’t know how it got there. If you see a watch there you would know it has a designer because of the complexity and order of the watch. We can know God exists from the order and complexity of the universe.

We can see remarkable order in physics. The law of gravity is perfectly fine-tuned to support the existence of life. The combinations of physical constants in our universe are perfectly set for the existence of life. Since an infinite number of combinations and values for the physical constants in our universe are plausible, we can safely assume someone set the conditions for life. And we know that it wasn’t aliens from the planet Zork from the 5th universe that set these conditions, as this would only transfer the problem to the planet Zork, who would require a cause. God is, by definition, that which is uncaused.
You can't take such arguments for being true, when the people who have made them have a clear agenda - trying to prove that God exists.
Rules | FAQ
Henkjan
Kuski

Post by Henkjan »

SveinR wrote:
Henkjan wrote:The universe is drifting toward disorder. The question of how it became so remarkably ordered in the first place also points to God. As William Paley would suggest, if you see a rock on a beach you wouldn’t know how it got there. If you see a watch there you would know it has a designer because of the complexity and order of the watch. We can know God exists from the order and complexity of the universe.

You can't take such arguments for being true, when the people who have made them have a clear agenda - trying to prove that God exists.
just go to the site, it has alot of proves.
jaytea
37mins club

Post by jaytea »

Henkjan wrote:
and according to the bible, this earth is 5000 years old, not 12 bilion years or so.
utter shit. there is SOLID scientific evidence that the earth is much more than 5000 yrs old.. if you want to avoid looking like a complete idiot, at least avoid these ridiculous statements in trying to get your annoying point across
Henkjan
Kuski

Post by Henkjan »

hey, i just said it. nothing wrong with that, right?
jaytea
37mins club

Post by jaytea »

Henkjan wrote:hey, i just said it. nothing wrong with that, right?
???
Henkjan
Kuski

Post by Henkjan »

jaytea wrote:
???
well saying something that is written in the bible doesn't make me an idiot
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

Henkjan wrote:
jaytea wrote:
???
LOL, ok then!! Ever heard of the Scopes Monkey Trial in the USA in the 1920s?? Sure you have, you're an educated, intelligent and well-read guy. But you might just want to brush up on your knowledge of the finer details, particularly the lawyers' cross-examination of the prosecution. It's hilarious. Paste some quotes if you find any, we'd all love to see how credible it sounds to say stuff from the bible with a straight face.
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
simon_labroue

Post by simon_labroue »

SveinR wrote:You can't take such arguments for being true, when the people who have made them have a clear agenda - trying to prove that God exists.
that's the point
and I think Memphis could agree with that, even if he believes in God.

Furthermore, there exists a natural law of complexification, and there existed a little british naturalist who speculated a "true enough" theory about natural selection. I, myself, am a believer of some sort. But my religion is based on direct experience (that's the goal). Buddha have said something about this.
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Henkjan wrote:The universe is drifting toward disorder. The question of how it became so remarkably ordered in the first place also points to God. [...]
We can know God exists from the order and complexity of the universe.
You should see yourself that these statements are nowhere near proofs of anything. Saying that God has to exist because the universe is ordered and complex is just an opinion and a belief.

And anyway, no "proof" of God has ever convinced anyone who was not already a believer, so the attempt is futile.
Rules | FAQ
Henkjan
Kuski

Post by Henkjan »

sierra wrote:
Henkjan wrote:
jaytea wrote:
???
LOL, ok then!! Ever heard of the Scopes Monkey Trial in the USA in the 1920s?? Sure you have, you're an educated, intelligent and well-read guy. But you might just want to brush up on your knowledge of the finer details, particularly the lawyers' cross-examination of the prosecution. It's hilarious. Paste some quotes if you find any, we'd all love to see how credible it sounds to say stuff from the bible with a straight face.
never heard of it, and i'm not an educated intelligent well-read guy.
i'm not even close to that. you could say that i'm not intelligent, because i'm not. i'm more of technical man
EDIT i don't know, but maybe this proves that the earth can't be milions of years old.
Age of the Earth: A Feasibility Study
Age of the Earth - Is it possible to determine such a thing with any certainty? The formation of the Earth is what is known as a "singularity." The event cannot be repeated in a lab and is not occurring in nature now. In determining the Age of the Earth, scientists must make assumptions that seem reasonable based on observable data. Certainty and assumption are contrary to each other. Therefore, the study of the Age of the Earth is a "feasibility study."

Age of the Earth: Young Earth vs. Old Earth
The scientific community presents the Age of the Earth from two distinct camps: The "Young Earth" advocates and the "Old Earth" advocates. There are various natural chronometers that seem to indicate either a Young Earth or an Old Earth. Both camps use such chronometers to back their position. They both claim their model is most feasible. How then will the dispute be settled?

Age of the Earth: Limiting Factors
The answer to the Age of the Earth question is found in "Limiting Factors." While it may be impossible to be certain when the Earth formed, we may determine when the Earth did not form. Limiting Factors are best explained with this illustration: A boat sinks. On board is a chest full of gold coins. As time passes, the wreck is forgotten. Centuries later, the boat is discovered, and the chest full of coins is recovered. How can we determine when the boat sank? We may not be able to pinpoint the date, but we are able to determine when it did not sink by looking at the dates on the coins. If a coin is marked with 1756, we know the boat did not sink in 1755 or 1730 or 1610, etc. It must have sunk after the coin was minted. The coin is a "Limiting Factor."

Age of the Earth: Factors Pointing to a Young Earth
There are many Limiting Factors limiting the possible Age of the Earth. Here are a few:

Magnetic Field. The Earth's magnetic field is essential to life on Earth for many reasons. One reason is that it deflects much of the cosmic radiation that destroys life. Precise measurements of the Earth's magnetic field have been made since 1829, all over the world. During that time, it has deteriorated exponentially -- that is, it has followed a predictable curve. By graphing this curve, we extrapolate that life would have been impossible before 20,000 BC (the field would be as strong as the Sun's at that point) and will cease to exist after 10,000 AD (there will be, for all practical purposes, no field left, and the Earth will be fried by cosmic radiation).

Earth Rotation. The Earth's spin is slowing down. We experience a "leap second" every year and a half. If it is slowing down, at one time it was going much faster. A faster spin would create a stronger Coriolis Effect, and life would be impossible as we know it.

Moon Drift. The moon is drifting slowly away from the Earth. If it is getting further away, then at one time it was much closer. The Inverse Square Law in physics states that if the moon was half the distance away, its gravitational effect on our tides would be quadrupled. One third the distance and it would be 9 times stronger. We would all drown twice a day. 1.2 billion (1,200 million) years ago, the moon would have been touching the Earth.

Age of the Earth: Young is Not Unreasonable
There are a number of additional Limiting Factors regarding the Age of the Earth that scientists are discovering on a more and more frequent basis. Interestingly, they all seem to indicate a Young Earth, or certainly, not one that is millions or billions of years old. Contrary to the general thinking of the last century, many scientists now accept that it is reasonable to view the Earth as fairly young.
Henkjan
Kuski

Post by Henkjan »

hmm, no reactions