Football World Cup 2006

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

jaksta wrote:We Lost when the Whistle had been Blown for Match Over :evil: I Hope It Get's Reviewed
Hmm? The whistle had not been blown before the penalty was decided. If you heard a whistle, it was probably one of these annoying people in the crowds blowing it.

And the penalty was fair enough, really. That said though, I'm pretty upset the matched turned out like that, Australia deserved better, at least to go into extra time. Instead we have to see Italy yet another match :(
But, I guess it was a deserved win, this could've gone either way.

Still, the Aussies have every right to be proud of themselves after this World Cup, and they have gained many new fans around the world as well \o
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Hm, I didn't see much fairness in the penalty. Bah :(
Revolt
Kuski

Post by Revolt »

The penalty wasnt really fair, I reckon a yellow card would have been fair the Italian should get an Academy Award for his dramatic acting.
hi
bob
Kuski

Post by bob »

the outcome of italy - australia really hurt the people of australia.

i felt sick. of all the ways we had to be eliminated from the world cup...

overall though, it has been a very big victory for australia. Our performance in this world cup will definitely help the future of Australian "football".

I feel so sorry for the defender (lucas Neill) who gave away the penalty which allowed the italians to proceed further into the world cup. That event will no doubt haunt him for a very long time. He was also one of our best players for the cup..

the main problem i have is people who have lived in australia their whole/most lives and were supporting the italian team over the australian team. No, i don't have a problem with them actually being italian, i just find it very disrespectful.
mcleod
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

I don't care a fig about soccer, all I know is that that was uncalled for. I hjate that italian gjuy. :evil:
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

Ukraine vs Switzerland clearly was the worst match that has been this WC.
Switzerland couldn't get one SINGLE goal. :? missed three penalties.. sux

anyways... max match gonna be today :D Brasil vs Ghana :D

i can only guess who'll win ^^
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

At least Switzerland managed to be the only country ever to not concede a single goal in the whole tournament (in normal 90m full-time play).
Rules | FAQ
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Yeah, quite cool teh. They didn't have much pressure though, but whatever.

They sucked at penalties though, even holland could do teh better.
wwwDotcoM
Kuski

Post by wwwDotcoM »

lalz at "Brazil 1.05 , Draw 10.00 , Ghana 34.00"
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

wwwDotcoM wrote:lalz at "Brazil 1.05 , Draw 10.00 , Ghana 34.00"
OMG that's sick.. ghana have played well this first half... but not good enough :?

2-0 to Brasil
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

fuck brazil, fuck france!!!
no offense : )
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Fuck france very much indeed!1 I hate them and luckily they will be exterminated by brasil. Or brasil by france, it doesn't matter me much they both suck.
Staar
Kuski

Post by Staar »

Ghana should have won, all Brasil goals were from offsides!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Rock n Roll All Night and party everyday
Harald Hasch
Kuski

Post by Harald Hasch »

imo they should put a sensor in the gras or sumthin and also video-refreeing, but them fkers wanna keep it traditional
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

Harald Hasch wrote:imo they should put a sensor in the gras or sumthin and also video-refreeing, but them fkers wanna keep it traditional
yeah.. sax with those old methods.. :? they should use some "LIVE TALK TO MAN WATCHING FROM CAMERAS" method.
Or just be better at judging.
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Staar wrote:Ghana should have won, all Brasil goals were from offsides!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Only the second goal was offside, all others were completely legit.

And Ghana may have played the best and deserved a better outcome, but when you can't manage to score any goals... ;S
Rules | FAQ
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

No, here I have to disagree. Ghana was not the better side. It may have been more motivated or may have had more spirit or whatever, but they absolutely didn't lost because the referee was biased or because Brazil was just lucky.
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

tijsjoris wrote:No, here I have to disagree. Ghana was not the better side. It may have been more motivated or may have had more spirit or whatever, but they absolutely didn't lost because the referee was biased or because Brazil was just lucky.
i agree. It would`ve been very different indeed if Ghana had a player who actually could make goals. all the shots went directly to the Brazilian keeper or just didnt even go towards the goal.
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Yep.

Tomorrow big match. :D
Boomer
39mins club
Team: LOS

Post by Boomer »

I hope for Ukraine and Argentina =)
Team LOS website

<jaytea> uh milk was invented in 1966
-
<teh_mila> bah, fucked up nice labpro ride cause i almost fell of the chair:)
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

it's gonna be awesome tomorrow =) 2 whole matches :D:D:D

Germany - Argentina
Italy - Ukraine

guess italy will win. but argentina and germany.. is hard to say =/
i'll shoot for germany
Harald Hasch
Kuski

Post by Harald Hasch »

winners:

- argentina

- ukraine

but: itll be close
:P
Staar
Kuski

Post by Staar »

I hope Germany wins, couse Argentina are a bunch of pussys, allways falls down on the ground, pretends that they're hurt and cries :P
Same with Italy 8)
Harald Hasch
Kuski

Post by Harald Hasch »

staar, evry soccer player does it :wink:

germany are bunch of pussies :!:
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

omagad this match is exciting... "only" 30 min left ^^ max
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

arg out
[carebox]
Staar
Kuski

Post by Staar »

HAHA! In your face Argentina! :twisted:
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

One right,... one to go
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Yey germany. =)

Though they acted a bit like pussies :/
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

ez win for Italy =)

tomorrow is gonna be even better :D

Portugal - England
Brasil - France

hope those will win :)
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Bah :(
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

tijsjoris wrote:Bah :(
Buh :(
Raven
Moporator
Team: MiE

Post by Raven »

sach game between germany och argentina :roll:
Seize the day
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Portugal Succeed England....MAX deserving Victory...

I gotta say...the Portugal Goalkeeper Blocked Penalties Left, Right, Centre and Up.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Portugal vs. Brazil ought to be fun.

But I wouldn't mind if France beat brazil and portugal so they could be slaughtered by germany in the final.
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

i think brasil vs france has been the best match so far...

i'm just mad that brasil lost... :( damn
berhabdul
Banned

Post by berhabdul »

Yeah, I love France

Ronaldihnio or sth, go get yourself some chips :)
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

HELL YEAH:D

Usually I hate france, but this hate is well overrun by my love for them for they beat Brazil. I dislike Brazil, mainly because they've won way too much and secondly because they've been playing like a set of sandsacks this present world cup. Truly dissappointing behaviour by Ronaldo this match and some undeserved cards for the french side.
Yet, the proper country prevailed, although the referee was a bit annoying. Fantastic goal by Henri, truly pro skillz of Zizou, wtf.
The french team is in no way to be compared what they were in the earlier phase of this tournament, wow teh.
Quarter finals ought to be really cool now. I hope to see Portugal and Italy being crushed to death, Portugal because their team sucks, Italy because I prefer Germany so much more!

As was said by some guy in a dutch sports program; "Wat is dat portugese team toch een KUT team". (The portuguese team is a cunt team)

I can only 100% agree.
DamRho
Kuski

Post by DamRho »

tijsjoris wrote:HELL YEAH:D

Usually I hate france, but this hate is well overrun by my love for them for they beat Brazil. I dislike Brazil, mainly because they've won way too much and secondly because they've been playing like a set of sandsacks this present world cup. Truly dissappointing behaviour by Ronaldo this match and some undeserved cards for the french side.
Yet, the proper country prevailed, although the referee was a bit annoying. Fantastic goal by Henri, truly pro skillz of Zizou, wtf.
The french team is in no way to be compared what they were in the earlier phase of this tournament, wow teh.
Quarter finals ought to be really cool now. I hope to see Portugal and Italy being crushed to death, Portugal because their team sucks, Italy because I prefer Germany so much more!

As was said by some guy in a dutch sports program; "Wat is dat portugese team toch een KUT team". (The portuguese team is a cunt team)

I can only 100% agree.
That's undoubtly because of your awesome display of fair-play against Portugal. I congratulate Van Basten because he made a team perfectly like he was as a player - a great player but an absolute bad professional. :D

I also find it funny when people say our team sucks but here's the thing:

Ricardo Carvalho and Paulo Ferreira (which is a substitute by the way) - both were two time portuguese champions with Porto, during those years they won the UEFA Cup and the Champions League. Both were two time champions with Chelsea after that.
Deco was two time champion with Porto and two time with Barcelona. He won 2 Champions Leagues in 3 years and won a UEFA cup before that as well.
Maniche, Nuno Valente and Costinha were also UEFA Cup and Champions League winners as well as two-time champions with Porto.
Figo is not only a Champions League winner but was also spanish champion and obviously a former FIFA World Player of the Year.
Pauleta was several times the top goalscorer in France and one of the best players in their championship.
Funny that the most "talked about" player of all, Cristiano Ronaldo never really won anything.
All of these were also runners-up in Euro 2004 and some of these reached the semi-finals in Euro 2000.

Seriously, how can someone say that a team with players that have won all that these players have sucks? It just doesn't make any sense. What have the English players won the last four years? Or the Dutch for that matter? Nothing.
wjelo
Kuski

Post by wjelo »

pussies/cunts/fuck france/zoo/hate em/Fuck france very much indeed!/bunch of pussys/etc
and maybe u is teh cunt clitoris? prove me nat :/
u seem 'a bit' racist which i dont like
i'm kinda sure all of them are much more 'true man' than u are :lol: i bet u can onley write bullshit on your keyboard and criticize all teams and players
they achieved sumtin in their lives (and afaik u did not but that doesnt, matter, it also wouldnt explain ur behaviour).- some of them were poor in their early years but they decided to play football and the risk and it was worth their while...
of course they sometimes act or whatever but its unfortunately part of the game, also refrees' mistakes are. and yes its all about money- but if u dont like it just dont watch it, go watch some non commercial sports like um.. bowling?
many guys in the topic act like if they were tuff or whatever but somehow i doubt it :lol:
how lame ppl can be...
maybe u joke or take it too emotional but hey who the fuck are u to judge some people which, u like it or nat, are worth sumtin, unlike u...
some other guys act similar, think about it for a second, read that topic again, its fhateful
and i'm not sain this cuz i'm sensitive/soft/have no balls/am a pusiie or whatever u will suggest, but cuz i like this game, that's all
and your comments dont annoy me- they are just pathetic
Edit:
DamRho- eventually some post that makes sence! :roll:
to sum up i'd say achieve sumtin before u criticize someone or at least stfu if u cant say something that makes sense in a specific subject
Last edited by wjelo on 2 Jul 2006, 01:35, edited 1 time in total.
A beer a day keeps the doct0r away.
last.fm profile
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Where did that come from?!

Anyway, two nice matches today, in Portugal-England I was rooting for both teams so would be pretty happy whichever had won. I was kinda hoping for Brazil against France, because of France's damn good defense that makes other teams impsy to score ;( But France really impresses now, I have to say. Well deserved semi final.
Rules | FAQ
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

DamRho, not in terms of there ability. Statistics prove that if every team would play a 10000 matches, Portugal would be number one on the list. Just the way how they achieve some of their wins I find a bit ugly.
They should be player far better/cleaner or something. Now if they are indeed, as statistics and difference of achievements say, better than England and Holland, why do they play such as they've played?
For that matter, I think they suck. That's just my personal view on how they perform on this cup, not on how they could perform.

As for wieloryb. How the hell should I be a racist if I distinguish between countries and not between races?
What has my sex to do with football. Do you think females can't effectively watch football or critisise it?
And why would you think you are a softie? Do you have something against soft types of personalities? Is this the tough look that people in Poland strive for? Living in the ghetto must be hard, working your way up, being a true man and all.

If you find my posts pathetic, please report to moderators in order to get me banned, they will gladly grant your wishes!
DamRho
Kuski

Post by DamRho »

tijsjoris wrote:DamRho, not in terms of there ability. Statistics prove that if every team would play a 10000 matches, Portugal would be number one on the list. Just the way how they achieve some of their wins I find a bit ugly.
They should be player far better/cleaner or something. Now if they are indeed, as statistics and difference of achievements say, better than England and Holland, why do they play such as they've played?
For that matter, I think they suck. That's just my personal view on how they perform on this cup, not on how they could perform.
See but I don't understand that as well.... Against Holland we commited 10 fouls, Holland commited 15. Against England we commited 11, England commited 20. The only match in which we commited more fouls than our opponent was against Mexico. I don't really see that as "violent" play as some english tabloids suggested.

I don't really see what you mean by playing "ugly" but if you mean about football beauty as in excellent attacking football then just look where the teams that played it are right now: Spain are home, the Czech are home, Ghana are home, Ivory Coast are home. The World Cup never was about playing beautiful football, with the exceptions of perhaps the great squads Brazil had and Maradona's Argentina the teams that have won the World Cup have always been solid defensive teams and not attacking powerhouses (Italy, Germany, England in 66).
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Spain, Czech, Ghana, Ivory Coast. Exactly those teams I preferred aswell.

And perhaps you're right about how the World Cup works, that it is not about excellent playing.

The way they played that dissappointed me was how Figo acted. He got fell down like he was hit by a dozen of bullets. Sure, christiano ronaldo was truly severed in the first minutes, and it's no wonder that this frustration ended out with this type of behaviour. But I found that rather nasty.

So if I have to be reasonable, I'll have to give in in my argumentation. The only thing left then to complain about is the way the games are controlled by a single referee. I would prefer multiple referees.
epp
Kuski

Re: Football World Cup 2006

Post by epp »

Xiphias wrote:Who do you think will win? Or are you even going to watch?
I'd say Brazil.
nat :)
Image ^_^
Xiphias
39mins club

Re: Football World Cup 2006

Post by Xiphias »

epp wrote:
Xiphias wrote:Who do you think will win? Or are you even going to watch?
I'd say Brazil.
nat :)
damn... ez some european country will win.. =)
wjelo
Kuski

Post by wjelo »

ok clitoris if u wanna be so accurate call it xenophobia, chauvinism, nationalism or whatever u like
your attitude to me as a pole only proves that btw. and no i dont live in a ghetto or whatever, my parents are educated if u wanna know but its not your fakin business. we also dont choose the country we are born in so shut your fuckin mouth. i'm proud of being a pole even though life is quite hard here cuz its a poor country etc but so what? i dont disrespect any other nations and thats the only right way i guess. dont believe stereotypes or let em share- all that's bullshit and i always say it
that was u who called footballers pussies cunts etc so i have no idea why u suggest i disrespect women or whatever u meant it isnt true
and i dont need to prove i'm a man or whatever that was sarcasm caused by your desrespectful behaviour but u seem to be too stupid to understand
before u call someone a cunt better look at the mirror first
last.fm profile
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Hmm.. I don't really understand where all your anger comes from wieloryb, seems you're desperate to have a fight or something. This thread, and tijsjoris, has not been hostile at all.

So wieloryb, stop it.
Rules | FAQ
wjelo
Kuski

Post by wjelo »

SveinR wrote:Hmm.. I don't really understand where all your anger comes from wieloryb, seems you're desperate to have a fight or something. This thread, and tijsjoris, has not been hostile at all.

So wieloryb, stop it.
ok no problem i just dont get why she* called players like that and than said i direspect woman and live in a ghetto. i have no problem with it just wanna make things clear. i dont take internet too serious u know just feel bad if some fuckers acct like that typin some bullshit on their keboard and think it makes them cool or whatever
edit:
*he (typo lol) no offense
but it fits him anyway
last.fm profile
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

If you still want me to react on your post, PM me. I never intended to be abusive to you, but you started it.

Otherwise, let's spare this topic for the football talk.