you know what really grinds my gears

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

you know what really grinds my gears

Post by 8-ball »

the official random rant thread open o/
feel free to let off your steam too in a way that makes sense.

you know what really grinds my gears? those assholes who .rar or god forbid, even split .rar their torrent releases. i get it, back in 1980 it would save some traffic and time to get your files a megabyte smaller but now the difference is a freaking couple of seconds of download time to our terabyte-measured hdds. like, i just wanted a season of my name is earl but what i got, an infinite nightmare of 25 times 50 split .rar files polluting my perfectly organized domain of organiziness. and not only they were fucking .rared, they also didn't have acceptable filenames omg. instead of 'my name is earl - 1x01 - whatever the ep title was.avi' i now had 'my.name.is.earl-s01.e01-idiotrip.xvid.bullshit.morebullshit.andsomemore-FAGS.avi' and i don't see the ep title in the cryptic trail of idiotic acronyminess nobody gives a fuck about. now i'll go and sell puppy furs to pay for the boy i hired for unraring and organizing my freaking avis oh yea and have some coffee. p.s. i'm running out of happy thoughts to distract myself to while downloading .lev files who are compressed. yes, compressed single .lev files ladies and gentlemen. of course i didn't mean you, sir zworqy.
nah, actually i did (asshole!).
39:37,91
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Laibach grinded the ears this thursday, damn that bitch they took with them sucks for voice and keys. :x

But when they started to play stuff besides their newest album it all went loose, so what really grinds my ears is the new Laibach album live. I haven't heard it on studio version yet though.
wjelo
Kuski

Post by wjelo »

No-ball who starts useless tropicks just cause he thinks the post count matters
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Eh, you probably think now I'm a funny guy that I twisted gears to ears, but it was just a reading mistake on my side. :D

Anyway, for that we already have a topic, donkey-ball.
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

what topic, t-bag?
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

Looking forward to Easter holidays, then spending almost all of the days doing hours of work each day. And getting 4 days total of holiday. :evil:
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

you know what really grinds my gears? people that disagree with me about anything. it's just not right. it's a TON of work trying to reason with all of you.
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

you know what grinds the fuck out of my gears? Atheists who pick on others religions and then tells them that they are better. It's like saying that perfect people argue like bitches and debate about everything even if they know the answer. :x
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

hello topic 8-ball couldn't find

but you know what grinds my gears, ppl who don't release torrents with all kinda bullshit.in.the.filename.avi so you don't know exactly what it is you get. :I

oh, and also that when you edit a post you have to wait a half a year before pressing submit because of spam protecting even though you just edit a single type or something.

8-ball :*
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

A.K.B. wrote:you know what grinds the fuck out of my gears? Atheists who pick on others religions and then tells them that they are better. It's like saying that perfect people argue like bitches and debate about everything even if they know the answer. :x
Well, a good thing then that we have really good argumments at elmasite. Too bad you just shut them out and hope that they are wrong. Can you prove god has saved, or even helped a human? No? Oh, too bad, I can prove that science has. Now you're gonna say something like "I don't need to prove him, I know he exists" or something, well then, tell me, why do scientists always loook for evindenceds before accepting a theory? I mean they are still looking for more evidences proving that the modern evolution theory is correct, and even religious people have accepted it by now. And why does the church just say "God exists, and that's the truth." Is it because they are afraid that they will end up with no result. I mean I can say my pencil right here is a god, and it helps me whenever I need help. I don't need to prove it, but it really does. See? You gotta believe me now, right? I have no evidences, no proof whatsoever, just my word. So why should we trust some guys from almost 2000 years ago that made up god becuase they needed an explanation for the things science, at that moment, couldn't explain?

What really grinds my ears Is people saying that everyone else is wrong, and they are right, even when they can't prove it. It's like me telling you that you must believe in my pencil, because it really is a god.

Also, what grinds my gears, is people going far off topic like me, and right-wing people with even worse arguments than most religious people. Also not improving time after hoyling. (Like 4.5 hours hangman)
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Dude, don't go there :P
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I hate this topic.
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

SveinR wrote:Dude, don't go there :P
You should see elmasite. A constant battle between faith and truth. :)
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

It's already been done pretty much here already, in this thread: http://www.moposite.com/mopolauta/viewtopic.php?t=4165
Rules | FAQ
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Haha! Oh man, that gave me a good laugh.

Scrolled through the posts, and ended up at yours, where you commented the post of the author. Gave me a good laugh reading his and your comments like:

Henkjan wrote:

when i think about what god has done for me i get tears in my eyes (tears of happyness). and i thank him.

Good for you.

Henkjan wrote:
and it's proven that the "big blast" is impossible.

No it's not.

Henkjan wrote:

i'm a christian (moslim is a bad religion)

Ahhh... That's a healthy attitude

________
It sure is

This kind of thinking makes the world a horrible place. As I said: Religion is a powerful weapon, and in the wrong hands it can cause pain and suffering.
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

-Henkjan grinds my gears :O-
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Why would Henkjan grind your gears ?

He's just a very good guy with strong beliefs... this dude actually ungrinds my gears.
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

Igge grinds my gears cause he doesn't get the point of religion. I know this because if he got the point. He'd be religious.

Also, people who think the big bang happened grinds my gears because it was disproved 2 years ago. :roll:
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

A.K.B. wrote: Also, people who think the big bang happened grinds my gears because it was disproved 2 years ago. :roll:
gawd.

It's never been disproved and it still is the most respected theory among scientists. If anything, it's been closer to have been proved than disproved.
Rules | FAQ
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

The_BoneLESS wrote:Why would Henkjan grind your gears ?

He's just a very good guy with strong beliefs... this dude actually ungrinds my gears.
Well yeah, Henkjan doesn't grind my gears either(until about the 6th page of that thread, where I've made pretty reasonable arguments against the claims he made (about some scientific stuff), but still it seemed like either he didn't read my posts or just chose to ignore them). What does "grind my gears", however, are the people who make those faux-scientific sites where he (and, seemingly, A.K.B.) get their information and the Intelligent Design movement (I think now about 50% of Americans think evolution is bogus and wants to teach ID instead of it in schools, as a scientific alternative), that tries to use (misuse!) science in order to convert people. Basically, missionarism grinds my gears, and anyone who tries to push their beliefs on others.

I think we can all agree that it's futile to argue over the concept of God, as this is purely based on beliefs, and no humans knows what the truth is. However, it's perfectly reasonable to argue over other religion-based claims that don't have anything to do with the supernatural.

And, to repeat one of my statements from that other thread: Why do you feel the need to discard the Big Bang just because you believe in an all-powerful God? He could have been the initiator behind the Big Bang, and evolution.
And saying that there must have been a God because "where does everything come from, who created everything" doesn't make any sense because then you have just moved the problem of where the universe comes from to where does God come from.
Rules | FAQ
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

A.K.B. wrote: Also, people who think the big bang happened grinds my gears because it was disproved 2 years ago. :roll:
It's proven, in a particle accelerator, that you can create matter with just an energy source, and this is what big bang is all about. 2 subatomic particles reach an incredible speed, and when they collide all of their energy is concentrated in to one point. I actually don't really know how it happens (it's a pretty complicated process), but I know that you get matter, and antimatter. This proves that the big bang theory is indeed plausible, and this also makes it even more acceptable.

I really don't know where you get everything?

The_BoneLESS wrote: He's just a very good guy with strong beliefs... this dude actually ungrinds my gears.
He uses flase facts in his argumentation to make his theory sound more acceptable. He also claims, as a fact, that other religions are bad, whithout even giving us a reason for why he thinks so, and this is the reason to many wars around the world today. People can't prove that the other religions are bad, they just think so, and therefore the other religions must be destroyed.
"They think wrong so we must kill them, and by doing that your god will reward you."

"i'm a christian (moslim is a bad religion)"

I would actually call this christian propaganda, and since we have a freedom of belief, also illeagal.
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

One man does not decide the faith of millions.

http://www.thunderbolts.info/tpod/2004/ ... igbang.htm

Also, if the Big Bang was true, there goes your law of conservation of mass.
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

A.K.B. wrote:One man does not decide the faith of millions.

http://www.thunderbolts.info/tpod/2004/ ... igbang.htm

Also, if the Big Bang was true, there goes your law of conservation of mass.
you know, if this was right, that guy would get nobel prize
science can easily change its own believes according to observations
[carebox]
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Why do you believe these dodgy sites. I gather they are followers of the plasma cosmology, and the theories of this cosmology has been debunked time and time again, and very, very few scientists today thinks it holds water.

Big Bang is, by far, the most respected theory. Plasma cosmology pretty much died 40 years ago.
Rules | FAQ
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

A.K.B. wrote: Also, if the Big Bang was true, there goes your law of conservation of mass.
Energy can neither be produced nor deleted, but out of energy you can create mass.

You're mixing faxts, you gotta realize tht. You do it all the time..
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Igge wrote:
A.K.B. wrote: Also, if the Big Bang was true, there goes your law of conservation of mass.
Energy can neither be produced nor deleted, but out of energy you can create mass.

You're mixing faxts, you gotta realize tht. You do it all the time..
I think A.K.B. just didn't got sach at school yet and will be wiser with his arguments at least in a couple of years. That is, if he isn't attending some amish/mormone school.
Mushroom
Kuski

Post by Mushroom »

To me knowledge conservation of mass/energy isn't a law in an expanding universe...

I don't know if Plasma Cosmology can explain dark matter and energi, but I thought these things where bound in the observations of galaxies??

And isn't the cause of the missplaced quasars due to the light being bent by gravity from galaxies it passes by??

Finally isn't the reason why the skye isn't always light by billions of stars because they are moving away from us. (It has some fancy name I can't remember :/)

Oh and i'm actually pretty sure, energy can origin out of nothing aslong as it dissapear again very fast :)
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Mushroom wrote: Oh and i'm actually pretty sure, energy can origin out of nothing aslong as it dissapear again very fast :)
No, it can't. Energy can't be created nor destroyed, only change form.
Mushroom
Kuski

Post by Mushroom »

I think the fomular has some name from the maker but i'm not sure about it so i wont argue about it :/..

But anyway isn't the hole quantum mechanic theory based on stuff like that? (maybe the tunnel effect).
Unfortunately i'm no pro in this (yet :)) so I can't say anything for certain :/

oh it grinds me gears that i can't edit right away :x
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

ye, got mixed with that conservation of mass, I asked my science teacher, and she also knows about teh BB being disproved....

my slow pc grinds my gears

and igge does because he bases "facts" on paradoxal terms and twisted quotes and meanings which he surely hasn't studied. as do i fairly.
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Igge wrote:I would actually call this christian propaganda, and since we have a freedom of belief, also illeagal.
Well we do have freedom of speech, of course it can't be illegal to say that another religion than your own is bad. It might not be a good attitude to have, an probably in most cases it's an ignorant statement, but not illegal in any way.
A.K.B. wrote:ye, got mixed with that conservation of mass, I asked my science teacher, and she also knows about teh BB being disproved....
If the Big Bang could be as easily disproved as you claim, why would nearly all cosmologists accept it?
Here are some facts for you:

The Big Bang theory predicted the Cosmic Background Radiation, which is now proved to exist. Furthermore, the Big Bang theory is the only theory that can account for this phenomenon. The Big Bang theory also explains for instance the distribution of matter in the universe better than the other theories.

And to quote myself:
SveinR wrote:Why do you feel the need to discard the Big Bang just because you believe in an all-powerful God? He could have been the initiator behind the Big Bang, and evolution.
And saying that there must have been a God because "where does everything come from, who created everything" doesn't make any sense because then you have just moved the problem of where the universe comes from to where does God come from.
Rules | FAQ
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

I cannot be completely sure in myself that God made the Big Bang happen in 7 days, maybe it all happened but God made it all go extremely fast? But I tend to not lean towards that though in all possibility that could be what it means.

I will try my best to understand your point of view, but you are not a cosmologist no? Try to understand their points of view, I can see why you may reject God as an option, I just hope you can see why I accept God as an option.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

AKB, if you adapt others' point of view or some if it, it becomes your own point of view. Just like you adapted the idea of god from your parents or church.

But ofcourse I can accept any idea of religion. Simply the fact that many people on this globe believe in god(s), makes me openminded to these ideas.
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

...those 'artists' who lipsync 'live'. everytime i see some on tv it makes me want to stab them in the face repeatedly and then yell at their remains. if you can't perform live, don't bullshit us, go home, eat cheetos and watch the bold and the beautiful you stupid fucks
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

8-ball wrote:...those 'artists' who lipsync 'live'. everytime i see some on tv it makes me want to stab them in the face repeatedly and then yell at their remains. if you can't perform live, don't bullshit us, go home, eat cheetos and watch the bold and the beautiful you stupid fucks
But you gotta admit that it's really funny to watch people make fools of themselves by having their mouth shut while playback is singing. :D

But I totally agree with you, death to playbackers.
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

8-ball wrote:...those 'artists' who lipsync 'live'. everytime i see some on tv it makes me want to stab them in the face repeatedly and then yell at their remains. if you can't perform live, don't bullshit us, go home, eat cheetos and watch the bold and the beautiful you stupid fucks
ah yea couldnt agree more
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I never see those :(
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

when ppl mix "you're" and "your" or "who's" and "whose"

O MAJ GAD it's annoying
Boomer
39mins club
Team: LOS

Post by Boomer »

all those "shut up noob" comments etc. Really annoying.
Team LOS website

<jaytea> uh milk was invented in 1966
-
<teh_mila> bah, fucked up nice labpro ride cause i almost fell of the chair:)
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

Rosie O'donald grinds my gears.
Religious Man
|| TT: 37:47:70 || EX New Wave WR + Animal Farm WR || 24 Canadian Records || TEC Bronze Medal || HHIT in the 37min club || http://elastomaster.tripod.com/
||
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

What really grinds my gears is that this whole religion shit debate started on lauta again :/
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Yeah, religion vs. science is a failure discussion. We should cut teh down a bit really.

New topic: the stock exchange destroying integrity grinds my gears somewhat.
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Kopaka wrote:What really grinds my gears is that this whole religion shit debate started on lauta again :/
'

Seems that many people likes to discuss this subject, so why not let them? Although I do think that we should do a new thread, because as it is now, every thread is spammed with a couple of christianity v. science posts.
Juble
Hat tricker

Post by Juble »

Memphis wrote:Rosie O'donald grinds my gears.

I could not agree more. She makes me afraid of travelling to the US, apparently rosie has supporters.

what also grinds my groin is celebrities that preach to the public about saving the planet from climate change and uses 50x more as the public and the ones who go to africa and pretend to care for the population for there own publicity, when they get back to the US they buy another mansion.

dont like pop/hip hop music ether, everytime i hear it i want to wash my ears out with industrial cleaner. (acid base)
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

people who say 'brake' instead of 'break'

AAAAAAAAAAaaaaAaRrGHHHHHHHghhh CP SATAN

'their'/'they're' -> 'there' and 'you're' -> 'your' are annoying too but not as much to me
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

8-ball wrote:people who say 'brake' instead of 'break'

AAAAAAAAAAaaaaAaRrGHHHHHHHghhh CP SATAN

'their'/'they're' -> 'there' and 'you're' -> 'your' are annoying too but not as much to me
Also His/He's bothers me quite a bit..

Btw, CPSATAN should be one word ;o
Crypt
Kuski

Post by Crypt »

i hate people who act like arrtards
TT ~ 50:42
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Crypt wrote:i hate people who act like arrtards
^^
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Stupid English words like suffrage and stupendous.

I.e. words that have pretty much a completely different meaning than the word you might associate with them, if you are not familiar with said words.
Rules | FAQ
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Poor SveinR ;\

what kinda grinds my gears is that I can't lay my hands upon a higher quality discography of queen.. I'm really starting to like brian may's guitar work now, but in 128k it sounds so thin and flat.

Also the fact that I'm not yet able to create a nice and distinctive sound out of my guitar, in other words, I still suck :(

Also the fact that anpdad promised to upload some of his recordings several months ago.. where are it? :(
wjelo
Kuski

Post by wjelo »

tijsjoris wrote:where are it? :(
LOLZ

Anyway, i think i've seen some 196kbit somewhere somewhen