stap preachingz!!!

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

True? False?

1. True
23%
2. True
No votes
1. False
No votes
2. False
8%
Both True
46%
Both False
23%

Total votes: 13

A.K.B.
37mins club

stap preachingz!!!

Post by A.K.B. »

omg us Christians have gotz to realise that we should stop sharing our faith in forums because it is not going to end well,

1. there is ALWAYS someone with a different faith

2. and there is ALWAYS someone ready to twist the words of the bible to try and disprove us

troo?

falz?

just no more religion talk because there is no way we are gonna convert each other, and even if we do, was that the whole point of our beliefs in the first place? (uze don't know i bet)

I am not going to question your authority, even if your purpose is to slander other's beliefs and think it's a good thing.

soz to errbody on the forum for this especiazlay SveinR
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

How would you think this poll was gonna work.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

A.K.B is ALWAYS ready to twist the truth to try to win an argument.

(x)true
( ) false
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Raven
Moporator
Team: MiE

Post by Raven »

woooooooooot O_o
Seize the day
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

akb is mango: true
akb should shatefak: true
should be nice to akb: false
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Why would we stop talking about religion?

That's one of the most interesting and funniest subject to talk about. Everyone has a different opinion and you get to see who has the ability to think and reflect on the matter.

And no one wants to convert anyone, they just want to share their beliefs and try to understand other's perspective (well, for some).
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

I only don't wish to discuss it on forums, IRL it can and usually is carried out rationally, but on forums, people aren't themselves, they wouldn't say this in real life to someone because they are of a different religion, it would instantly be advertising their beliefs as bad, and I know that a whole religion shouldn't be judged upon the actions of one (I've already said that) but, the fact is, we're human, and it DOES happen. We are well aware of this, and IRL we discuss rationally.

In fact I saw a real annoying Chrisitian on TV, one of the maintaners of the giant Jesus statue in Brazil, I can't believe he kicked Pauly (off Fat Pizza, by the way- this could've been staged) off the site just because he brought a Buddha in, (in fact I hate this idea, since when was it the idea of being a Christian to not allow people seemingly of another religion to admire Christianity) but, Pauly bought a miniature Jesus statue anywayz just to bring along with the trip. He said: "It shouldn't matter, crossing religions. We got Buddha here for good luck, and Jesus here for overall control." Just something funny to add to this convo, especailly because it isn't trying to convert ppl or sum such.
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

I think that ignorant people that refuses to understand WHY people think otherwise than themselves (not to mention any names, except for Igge and Henkjan(one of each side just to be fair)) should not be debating with other people about matters that are this sensitive to them with people that belive so differently compared to themselves.

I myself belive rather strongly in the major scientific theories but i also enjoy debating about religion as if they were true. Because i know that neither sides have any actual proofs that could eliminate the other theories.

Physics and science is mostly based on statistics and observations which makes it the most likely theory to work but since other religions don't rely on logic this is an unfair method of disproving them. Just as it is unfair to disproove science by assuming that eg. the bible is true.
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

after reading about all religions i know (originally i am supposed to be christian) i found out there can be only tow possibilities

1. there is no god, things have no reason, ..
2. there is god who doesn't really care about something non-important like mankind and that god is not any of christian/muslim/.. gods

if you read any really details of some religion, you find things which aren't simply self-consistent, only in bible there are quite many things like that
increase the likelihood it can't be true
[carebox]
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

faith is the keyword there mila.

**I thought about putting a lesson here, but then I read the tropic.**
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

i often defend big religons by claiming that if they belive in the true god then their religous text was written by people who didn't know all the facts. Like jesus was the son of god but god had choosen him to be just a normal man but the writers couldn't resist making whole buncha miracles up just to make us belive in soemthing great.
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

I understand your point of view.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

That's a nice idea, Juski.
Juble
Hat tricker

Post by Juble »

Juski wrote:i often defend big religons by claiming that if they belive in the true god then their religous text was written by people who didn't know all the facts. Like jesus was the son of god but god had choosen him to be just a normal man but the writers couldn't resist making whole buncha miracles up just to make us belive in soemthing great.

I personally doubt that people made up the jesus did miracles, why?

The Historical(based of modern methods) Jesus was apparently a 'great magican'. Jesus remains have never been found (i really doubt the discovery channel guy found his tomb).

Science has tried to disclaim the biblical miracles most have failed to deliver concrete evidence. When they did come up with a decent explaination, who could predict these outcomes without modern science?....This is mainly from the old testament.

Dont get me wrong, i love science and how it enhances our lives( im enjoying it now or when i go to the doctor).

Also people who force there beliefs on others is quite an invasion of your freedom. This often happens with conservitive governments and far left loonies.
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

Juble wrote:I personally doubt that people made up the jesus did miracles, why?
ok some reasons, why i can't really believe
those 4 books (or evangeliums or how is it called in english) were written like 50 years after it was written, mark's evangelium was originally anonymous, some vaticano council decided it was written by him and it might have been written years after that (and some authors say it's written by someone who doesnt knwo the geography in palestina, some cities are swapped in some route somewehre form somewhere)
there are many differences between those books, just read the part where some women should have seen jesus after he raised from death
in all 4 evangeliums some other number of women saw him, only one person (maria magdalen, that was supposed to be demon incarnated.. now we call it mentally retarded) was in all of them and the story is always absolutely different (once they met some man there, once there was noone there, once there was angel there - in mark's, which could have been written by someone else) and jesus told them always something absolutely different, in one book they didn't even know him on first sight.. this should be the most important story of christians and those 4 guys don't remember it (atleast almost) the same?!?
first information about christians (some nonchristian source) is from 3rd century, there isn't any real proof jesus even existed (it's quite probably though)
all religions have 100% proofs they are right, the only reason why you believe in certain religion is because of place you were born in
same as other religions look to be max absurd, christain one is max absurd for members of other religions... that make me think all of them are absurd
why should a god (who really behaved like man in old testament) who built huge universe care about something so non-important for it as human race definitely is
[carebox]
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

milagros wrote: why should a god (who really behaved like man in old testament) who built huge universe care about something so non-important for it as human race definitely is
In our point of view (as Christians) God cares for us because he made the universe for us. We are not here because the universe is, the universe is here because we are.

**as a point of view, I hope this doesn't count as preaching**
Napoleon
Kuski

Post by Napoleon »

this is blasphemy, this is madness