First impression thread

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

First impression thread

Post by niN »

This thread is almost like the person above me thread, except for one thing. You write your first impressions of the people instead of what you think of them today. Dont know if this'll be a good idea of not but thought I'd give it a shot.
Here's an example:
"When nIN joined the scene my first impression was that he was a hell of a player! He was great at everything and he knew how to make my day"
Now write your first impression of me ;)!

Oh and of course, like in the person above me thread, write the impression of the person who wrote his comment before you.
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

i thought nin was a young kid who'd leave lauta after a few days... like that Dreams guy
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

boneless:
1st scene impression: big mouth
1st elma impression: woah impressive
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

My first impression of zweq was some good nab who wanted to do höylä on höylä internals and tt.
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

First time i heard of tijsjoris was when he joined MK, back then i thought "BAH another naab joining MK, we are already to big :x"

I am lucky my team mates didn't listen too me :P
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
WkE
Kuski

Post by WkE »

juski!
well, my memory is not that good, but I remember that we were both in the 5x mins club, and I thought like "hey, I have some competition here in the nab arena!" :S
and like in all good competitions, I hated it when you got closer to my TT, and some day you even wrote in your signature "quitting internals" or something like that, and I was like "ah-ha! here's the chance to open some gap!" :D

anyway, we both improved since then, and of course I wish you the best P:
TT: 43:03.93 | AVG: 47:03.65 | Image | Team Site [TR] || TR Forum | 1 Pro, 27 Good, 26 OK
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

i was in TFK with WkE once, that was 3 years ago or so, and i thought he is a really skilled player, because he was the best member of our team!
now i don't think he is very skilled but he is a nice guy ;) that's more important
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
Lee
37mins club

Post by Lee »

when i first joined the scene, lukazz was like the cool guy who had much, much better tt than me. i thought he had uber skialz. i could tell from the first of his posts he was a nice guy. and now i have better tt than him, w00t! :o
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

if the TT in your signature is correct, i have better TT at the moment :P
Lee
37mins club

Post by Lee »

then update your sig. but i know i did have better tt than you when i had 39:4x
Raven
Moporator
Team: MiE

Post by Raven »

I remember leeland from TEM times. Thought that hes mid skilled player but then he did sum najs internal times like 24 and was skilled on externals too :)

so now: skilled kuski. And of course very nice person to talk with 8)
Seize the day
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

i first met raven in #battle and i thought he was really annoying (and requested a lot of short hoyla levs :P ) but now zomg, max respect.
39:37,91
Raven
Moporator

Post by Raven »

i first met 8-Ball in #battle and i thought he hates me and thinks that im cheater, when he wanted almost every battle replay where i was 2nd or 3rd :D

But nowadays he is max kuski with good skialz and sociality..
And of coorz my teammate <3
Seize the day
umiz
Kuski

Post by umiz »

first i heard about Raven was many years ago first impression then was: cool nick (because it meens almost ass in swedish), also i thought he seemed to be very skilled when he wanted to, (nat a hoylä.) yeey
[i cruise, i lev, i live]
enil
Kuski

Post by enil »

i still havnt gotten any first impression on umiz. wonder who he is.......................................
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

I met enil at DEM06 and the first thing I thought was: DAMN he looks exactly like I did when I was his age. As for we didnt talk at all or only when max drunk I cant say what kind of person he is but in chat I am annoyed by his apparently racist jokes.
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
Raven
Moporator

Post by Raven »

dont remember teh first impression of teh ins_guy :oops: but i will always remember his levels 8) good levmaker but havent shown his playing skills :x
Seize the day
Boomer
39mins club
Team: LOS

Post by Boomer »

I remember many was quite annoyed with Raven at first. He was fairly proud about his own results and times, and that, of course, isn't popular among the others in the scene I guess. I wasn't annoyed at all, I had a feeling that Raven would become a very skilled player further on.

Today, I think he is a very nice kuski who is always fun to chat with on irc, although I'm not there so often anymore.
Team LOS website

<jaytea> uh milk was invented in 1966
-
<teh_mila> bah, fucked up nice labpro ride cause i almost fell of the chair:)
Cfilorvy
Kuski

Post by Cfilorvy »

I thought Boomer was Canadian for many years :P
TT: 42
MGZ
Kuski

Post by MGZ »

Only know ppl trough belma so, but hav no idea who Cfilorvy is=P I just been playing for a year or so. dunno if anyone have a first impression of me=)
"You can train a n00b, but he'll just be a trained n00b..."
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

My first impression of MGZ was through belma. One of them nabs who just started, probably polish, too. And well, he turns out to have some more skills than the average turor1.lev nab, but nothing special under the sun. Yet.
wjelo
Kuski

Post by wjelo »

at first i thought bout him as a flooder who posts usless comments in every possible topic, but recently he seems to have chilled a bit ;D
Last edited by wjelo on 26 Jun 2007, 00:18, edited 1 time in total.
MGZ
Kuski

Post by MGZ »

Hehe, thx. Im norwegian btw, hope i'll develop som more skills soon allthough i feel i allready have got a lot more then before=P
"You can train a n00b, but he'll just be a trained n00b..."
Cfilorvy
Kuski

Post by Cfilorvy »

My first impression of MGZ was awful because he didn't know who I am :O
But.. He's Norwegian, so he's probably a cool guy :P
TT: 42
wjelo
Kuski

Post by wjelo »

btw u should decribe first impression of me Cfilorvy cuz MGZ's post is off topic, but i see u do nat read previous posts :roll:
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

wiElOryB, i still haven't had a clear first impression of this guy.

He seems a bit coleric, average-good player (it's an impression, haven't seen much of your times/recs yet).

i thought he was a tijs like guy aka flooder (though i have posted/spammed way more than him)
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

My first impression of bone was that he was an extremely nice guy! Since nobody mentioned his times I thought he was a pretty non-skilled player and all (which he aint). But hell, I used to write things in his topics just to get a reply from him because he was so kind to me. I remember him helping me with my contests and gicing me tips etc, which he still does today.
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
enil
Kuski

Post by enil »

i was fucking annoyed when i first met nin on irc, he like spammed me 110 times a day with the same "join our team pls" "found out if you can join our team" even though i was already in RDK.. i talked him off, and had this <fakkshate idiot> relationship to him.. later i found out he just should seattle in, and he was suddently nice. but dont realy talk alot with him, shame ;|
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

I first saw enil at a DEM in Aabenraa... and was omg NOOO... he was with zerox and epp which I had never seen before either and thought omg such lame ass little kids!!!! but then after 10 mins I found out that enil (and the others) were totally wicked :P
Proud Member Of RDK
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Can't really remember my first impression of petsen online, but at least he seemed nice and helpful towards most people.

First and only time I met him so far was at DEM05, he was very much what I had imagined him really. Outgoing and easy to be around, sense of humour etc. I got this image of him as being the Danish equivalent of mr in a way, organising things and taking care of business so to speak.

Also seemed very patient, specially towards Luther and \DC's drunkness at his flat :P
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

My first impression of skint was that he looks kinda cute. Now much later I've realized that he's actually sexy as hell!
Harald Hasch
Kuski

Post by Harald Hasch »

my first impression of dz was that he's the best kuski ever, doing the impossible under 40 total time. :)
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

My first impression of harry was like a cool dude, but (sorry) like no one special :D. We didn't talk that much or so. Then when we tried to do a lev together, we fucked up big time. (I think he thought I was a naab from that).

Now I like him. He's a funny guy (and also one of the few who actually orka do teh svenska quiz). :)
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Raven
Moporator

Post by Raven »

dont know anything about igge ;X

be sure to get your ass up to irc and do some prvt with me ;)
Seize the day
Sla
36mins club
Team: SpEF

Post by Sla »

My first impression of Raven was a cool nick, pro player with 3x tt, some 21 years guy but later i saw his age and it was 16. very young :O
Lee
37mins club

Post by Lee »

i thought sla was a good decent folk, with intermediate skills. he improved his tt quite quickly at one stage, and everyone said he was a cheater. at that point i thought he was a dick. but i'm not really sure if he's a cheater or not. he does make some good levels and has good elma skills.
umiz
Kuski

Post by umiz »

first impression of Leeland is that he seems very nice and good at internals, also to tilt the internals check kopasite.. Good guy
[i cruise, i lev, i live]
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

i got my first impression of umiz a few years ago when i noticed his name as a previous wr-holder on Labyrinth and thought that he must be quite good at this game. Didnt get an impression of his personality until recently, seemed a bit selfconfident at first, too bad u didnt get that wr again umiz ;*
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

First impression of John.. Like everyone elses I suppose, noticing the extremely rapid improvement of his TT back in 2002-2003 (possibly the quickest of all time? When taking available styles etc into consideration). First he was this unknown guy who kept posting very good times in Lauta, and I remember people thinking he could become "the next super-swede".
I don't know how my first impression of him as a person was, I guess I didn't speak too much to him. But I do remember I voted for him in GAA03 Rookie, he didn't win though.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
Sla
36mins club

Post by Sla »

kowal, 8ball: LA RE CONCHA DE SUS MADRES =)
Last edited by Sla on 4 Jul 2007, 23:40, edited 1 time in total.
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

39:37,91
Sla
36mins club

Post by Sla »

8-ball wrote:Image
Kowal
37mins club

Post by Kowal »

Sla wrote:
8-ball wrote:Image
:wink:
Image TT: 37:03:04 || 22 Polish Records || 54 WC || Team [EF]
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

dunno much about him. at first i thought he is kinda n00bish internalist. can't say anything about his personality, i only read his new times from time to time. and nowadays he is making some very good times like hill legend and expert system
Raven
Moporator

Post by Raven »

lukiboi has played teh game almost as long as me.. i remember when we was in teh saem team.. was kinda nice guy liek now :)
Seize the day
Kowal
37mins club

Post by Kowal »

my first impressios of Raven is that he seems very very good at internals. he's very good player
Image TT: 37:03:04 || 22 Polish Records || 54 WC || Team [EF]