why is sleepin gso difficult?

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

Ramone
50mins club

why is sleepin gso difficult?

Post by Ramone »

how come sleeping isnt as easy as turnin gon/off light?
how come I cant sleep when I´m alone (which is too often)?
how come I cant relax or just rest in my bed?
how come I care to sleep, is my life that boring?
why was Leonardo da Vinci wrong, (he tried not to sleep) it is, after all years, a very Good thought? But... when I´m with Maria it feels good to sleep... and wake up... back to 1st question... that on/off thin gwoul dbe helpful...
how come you cant store sleep?
how come I wanna sleep right now?
how come sleep is desireble? is it the sleep... or the tiredness just before sleeping we/I want... I think the tiredness.. the sleepngpart is not very big deal..
I have Exams in 8 ½ hours... so some sleep woul dbe nice... I still wanna go trough my notes and eat/shower before going there.
how come I cant sleep before exams, related? could be, but I usually cant sleep when alone (see 2nd row)

well.. I dont think going on will make either you nor me happier (or make us feel more enlightened) so maybe stoping my words here would be nice... I dont know.. I cant tell... I can never tell... if I do anythign right or wrong (not in objective meaning since I donr believe in it, but for myself)... bah... I will have to say these well said/written words (I wonder who 1st put them to a scentence):

Life Sucks!

/ramone (member of the best team ever... hmmm. what team was it again?)

my brain is like suger on her lips
:wink:
Elasto Mania - ez better
GodFather
Kuski

YO!

Post by GodFather »

You finally got laid eh? :lol: :lol: :lol:
"... And you will now my name is the LORD when I lay my fingaz upon thee"
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

lol
You cant sleep before an exam because of stress/worry. Even if you dont feel it, you are still under pressure. I try not to care about exams, or revise, that just makes me think about them more.
I think the tiredness before and after sleep is what it nice, also realizing youve slept for 12+ hours is a nice feeling...
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

Sleeping hasn't ever been hard for me, I must be lucky. Well maybe waking up sometimes but isn't it for everybody?-) I see no nightmares. I love sleeping, it's a pity it requires so much time.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

life r00lz, and all that matters is drugs. are.
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
GodFather
Kuski

?

Post by GodFather »

I have this wierd "thing". I can wake up when I want! And when I'm about to sleep I can choose my dream (have to try an across/elma dream today 8) ). Sleeping isn't hard to me... bcuz ima wierdo!
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

What's also weird is that you can decide the waking up time before going to sleep. I mean if you have to wake up at 8:00 o'clock in the morning you just check the clock and think "ok I can sleep 6h 45mins" and you'll wake up at 7:58 for 98% sure.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

if i didn't know you better, i would've thought your actually serious with that stuff. actually it goes like when you gotta wake up at 7, u wake 7.30
Chris Penrose
Donator duck

Post by Chris Penrose »

Very correct dz.

I hate sleep. It's out to get me.
Watch the birdy...
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

dz wrote:if i didn't know you better, i would've thought your actually serious with that stuff. actually it goes like when you gotta wake up at 7, u wake 7.30
I know not everybody has this "skill" but Carju has too beside me :].
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

well if it's something important u wake up. let's say u gonna meet a nice girl.. hehe
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
Karlis
Höylä Optimus

Post by Karlis »

yep, or sunday morning and you still gotta höyl some wcup so easy to wake up :)
Tomorrow's Lucky Run Solutions Today
Flowertouching Men
GodFather
Kuski

bubaalaa

Post by GodFather »

Abula... dz ain't one of us huahuahuahua... My skill includes the thing Abula said
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

4:00 EET (Friday), not tired and I should wake up at 7:30 EET tomorrow (on Saturday). My plan is that this night I will sleep about 5 hours (going to wake up at 10:00 EET), go to skate, do some math and then I must be damn tired and can sleep normally.
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

during a few past years i've used to sleep every day 6-7h and i've always felt it's enough, so now here i am, with no school no job, doing really nothing which could make me that exhausted, and i gotta wake me up with alarm clock so that i don't sleep too much. i started to have 10h+ sleep which is kinda useless and waste of time. i wonder if i'm becaming internally lazy.
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

I managed to wake up at 10:00EET! But I'm worry if I can skate now, pretty tired. I start to update multi contests at least.
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

if i go to bed at 10 pm and i have to go to school (wake up at 6.30-7.00 am)
im not really tired
but if i go to bed after 12pm (as usual) i cant stand straight and sometimes fall asleep in bus.....
sometimes i also can not fall asleep for hours, just lying in bed...
yes there should be a button for sleeping, then i would sleep while walking....
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

hmmm... once i slept about 19 hours (after my first lan party) without eating before...
i woke up and had absolutely NO energy, then i made myself cornflakes in a salad bowl and while i ate i could feel the eergy coming back into my body...
that was a strange experience so i try never to go to bed hungry....

huuu.. wrote so much now... thats enough...
Chris Penrose
Donator duck

Post by Chris Penrose »

Once I was awake for 28 hours.
Watch the birdy...
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

Chris Penrose wrote:Once I was awake for 28 hours.
Once I was ircing for 30 hours without any more than 15 minutes breaks. It was a contest and I came 6th. The winner was awake for 56 hours. After one year one guy tried to beat it but fell asleep 10mins (?!?!) before 56h limit.
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

Post 499:
What the heck?!?!?!?!?!
56 f'n hours!!! Oops, Im gonna stop saying that...right!
My longest is...26 i think, i know it was 24, then i had to go home and get to sleep etc, so that would have taken at least 2 hours...
1 to go!!!
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Rasu
Kuski

Post by Rasu »

My record is about 30h too, but not sober. Drinking a lot of redbull-jägermeister makes it impossible to sleep. Anywaz, i don't understand how ppl can be awake that long without some "help", like caffeine and such.. :)

But then again, I'm the type that can be awake 12h, sleep 12h, be awake 12h, sleep 12h etc. :) I agree, a real waste of time.
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

16h awake, 8h sleep is optimum.

I was the only competitor in that contest who didn't drink tea/coffee/coke or any other energy drinks :].
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

last year i played one time whole night games, prolly elma and when i was going to sleep (saturday morning), i got a weird thought like "i'm not tired anymore, it's morning damnit, instead i'll go make an extra workday so i get one day free next week" (work was sitting by computer doing nothing). then i did it, and got bed sunday 2am. that was something like 40+ hours. i hate being slept too less, and i mean way too less, so less you feel it all the time. it's annoying.

one night you can easily sleep only 4-5h and be "okay", but if you do same next time, well, it's not so okay. actually i regulary did that this summer when i was working.
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Abula wrote:16h awake, 8h sleep is optimum.

I was the only competitor in that contest who didn't drink tea/coffee/coke or any other energy drinks :].
I read this test some scientists had a little while ago...they came up with that people sleeping 5-6h a day had less chance of getting heart diseases and such than those who slept longer.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

SveinR wrote:
Abula wrote:16h awake, 8h sleep is optimum.

I read this test some scientists had a little while ago...they came up with that people sleeping 5-6h a day had less chance of getting heart diseases and such than those who slept longer.
Strange because tireness -> more stress -> bigger chance of getting heart disease.

Anyway I don't want to be tired my whole life just to get a bit lower chance to get that disease (like it would be the only disease there).
cyre
Kuski

Post by cyre »

It's funny how in the army you get to feel many extreme things... like extreme tiredness, hunger, cold, hot, boredom etc.

Once we were in a 5 day training camp (4 nights). During this time, we slept less than 10 hours. When you combine that with extreme physical strain, you can understand we were pretty messed up after that.

Besides army, the longest time i've been awake would be about 42 hours.
"Fool me seven times, shame on you. Fool me eight or more times, shame on me."
Antz
Donator
Team: Quack

Post by Antz »

at summer i was home alone, and played whole night through diablo2. i stopped at 11 o'clock (AM) when my sister and brother came home. then i drove 50 kilometers to our summer cottage with my bike. the road was filled with steep hills.. that night (um, night? ~6 o'clock in the evening..) i fell asleep in a millisecond.. and slept some 15 hours.
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

basically, you really notice a difference sleeping over eight hours than just eight? only difference i've notice on myself is that i'm kinda more tired when i should wake up if i've been bed too long. but when i get up and start doing daily stuff, it's the same. that's why i dont wanna spend so many useless hours for nothing.

in case you wanna get old sooner, i don't complain.... heh
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

sleep is good! I got 11 and a half on friday night, and laast night i got probably about 10 :D mmmmmm
(i just noticed that dz had 909 posts, not long until he catches up with abula)
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Actually dz probably will never catch up with abula, but you ChuckleS, may do that some time
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

hmm, i dunno, it'll always be the dream
if dz posts more crap (like me :D) then he definately will!
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

dz: you are right but sometimes it's just impossible to wake up. I'm looking forward my army service to see how I will survive with much less sleep.

Off-topic:
SveinR wrote:Actually dz probably will never catch up with abula, but you ChuckleS, may do that some time

With current speed ChuckleS will reach me in 1100 days, keep on. Most likely he won't do it ever anyway because he will quit before me. Also my average speed is rising and ChuckleS' not. ChuckleS: you are right, you could also limit off-topic crap.
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

reseachers often says "you cannot get used to sleep less/more", i really don't belive in that.. when i was working i slept mostly 6-7h/d, then during weekends, you could think you'd sleep alot longer, like catching the lack of sleep, i'd still sleep not more than 8h, usually 7-7½. now it seems i'm always getting 9h sleep if i want to.

off:
hey just face the fact, no one will ever pass abula. even hearing him saying about the post amounts "i want to be the best you know" should make you realize that. :)
Antz
Donator
Team: Quack

Post by Antz »

i have to wake to school every day at 6 am. last saturday night i played till 4am. and i woke up without any alarm clock, at 10 am. don't know why, because i was very tired after waking. and now i'm very tired again, after 6½hours of sleep.

i don't sleep enuf during workdays, and i always think, "oh well, i'll sleep in the weekend" but i never do. i just get more tired on the weekends because i stay up much later. =(
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

Hm, I went to sleep at 24:00 and woke up at 3:00 EET. I was pretty tired and went three hours earlier to sleep than in a day before yesterday. I have experieced this quite many times (when moving the starting time of sleeping too much backwards). I think my body thinks that I'm just taking a day dream which are never longer than 3 hours.

Should I sleep more when I get tired (in 1-4 hours most likely) and get a wrong sleeping rhythm again or just staying up all day and being dead tired. Army, I'm coming (there can be a week with only 10 hours sleep for total).
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

Last night: 4 hours. I'm confused. I was veeery tired, normal time to go to sleep but then again, I woke up at 3:30. Any doctors here? :]
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

Ahem, Im a doctor...
You got as much sleep as you needed, then woke up. Tonight you should sleep for quite a long time, because you were awake for so long. Thats my medical opinion anyway.
--
Dr. ChuckleS
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

Whee, last night and 7h sleep! I'm so refreshed now. In a week 4½h was max sleep amount in a night, I have been damn tired. And what's scary is that I can't figure out what's my problem. No worries, no school, nothing or maybe it is just that?
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

bob
Kuski

Post by bob »

without a doubt, every night of the week its like i feel angry at the fact that i MUST go to bed, just like im feeling now. it is currently 11pm and dont want to go to bed.

I wake up at 7.30am each morning for school. at school i find it very hard to stay focust, me always tired at school. but, once i get home, the energy starts to kick in, doesnt ask how/why, but it does.

Sometimes i say to myself: "Tonight im going to go to bed at 10pm so i feel better tomorrow." So ill go lie in bed at 10pm, and lie there until atleast 11.30pm, which is usually my normal bed time.

oh by the way, i stayed awake for 48hrs without coffee shiat etc. you just have to be very occupied and committed into doing it, and its ez. playing playstation (i think) made me occupied for 48hrs with friends.
mcleod
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

that is nat that bad cuz, i start work at 0500 so i must be up and about by 0415 at the latest. i always tell myself that i will go to bed earlier than i do, everynight i say on #across, fack im going to bed, 1 hour later it is still "fack im going to bed" most nights i end up talking to tomas for ages and dont get near my bed untill about 11.30 or 12.00, maybe this is why i have been a lil bit jumpy towards my freinds and shit lately but it could just be caus they fack me off anyway, never had an elma dreams but have had dreams involving people from teh elma community, as i have always said there is plenty of time to sleep once you are dead and sometimes try and live life like this a lil to much, o well
[10:51:18] <skint0r> i could SACh see KyJelly working at ICA ;D
[10:51:37] <skint0r> "vad kostar denna?" "wtf ch0b0"
Thursday, March 2nd 2005, 0942 i was 3333 [4.43% of total / 3.25 posts per day]
Xhomaz
Kuski
Team: LOS

Post by Xhomaz »

Start work at 0500? Man, quit your job! :wink: I start at 0900 every day. It's pefect!
Team LOS website
I'll stop stabbing when you stop screaming
jw
Kuski
Team: raam65

Post by jw »

Abula wrote:What's also weird is that you can decide the waking up time before going to sleep. I mean if you have to wake up at 8:00 o'clock in the morning you just check the clock and think "ok I can sleep 6h 45mins" and you'll wake up at 7:58 for 98% sure.
i have the same thing, probably this is a skill i learned myself bcus i hate the fucking sound of the alarm bel so much that i always wake up about 5 minutes before it rings
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

I have done that a couple of times before, not often though. I heard that if you hit your head on the pillow the equivalent number of times to the time you want to wake up you'll wake up at the right time. (7 hits to wake up at 7)...I wake up at 7:30 8O not sure what to do there.

I dont find it too hard to sleep for the last couple of weeks. I just find a comfortable place on the pillow, then relax my arms - Oh yeah, make sure you arent lying on top of yourself anywhere, that can end up aching loads in the morning - usually my legs are relaxed anyway. Then after a while, if Im tired enough, which I usually am, I'll fall asleep.
If youre not tired enough to sleep, then get up and do something for about half an hour, you cant sleep if youre not tired...
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

Abula wrote:
Chris Penrose wrote:Once I was awake for 28 hours.
Once I was ircing for 30 hours without any more than 15 minutes breaks. It was a contest and I came 6th. The winner was awake for 56 hours. After one year one guy tried to beat it but fell asleep 10mins (?!?!) before 56h limit.
The record is 91h now.
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

91 hours??!? how can one be awake that long ? ive done 36 hours no probs, but 91... ive been drunk for 24 hours once though, that was tough :>
Proud Member Of RDK
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Sleeping ain't difficult unless you're really stressed :roll:
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next