F1: ferrari or mclaren

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

Zweq
34mins club

F1: ferrari or mclaren

Post by Zweq »

thoughts about formula1? Is it really as fun sports as the popularity would indicate? Is it even sports? Should all motorsports be stopped to save resources? if not, should all drivers have the same cars to really see the differences of drivers?

If you watch F1 in any form, sportnews or even live:
Anyone would agree ferrari and mclaren are the strongest teams and useless to speculate which one will be stronger this year, but which team would you prefer to see 1st?

for finns, kovis or räkä?
Palme
Kuski

Post by Palme »

i don t care at all about F1.

Cars should be ez the same, as long as they are not, it s no sport.

I Want to see Mclaren lose, but hamilton to win :)
Apoku RuLeZ! X) http://teamapoku.funpic.de

- me signature is good signature -
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

Obviously Hamilton and McLaren to win, though Raikkonen is a fucking cool guy.
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

i dont find formula 1 that funny to watch. if any motorsport on 4 wheels i would go for rally.
Kale
Kuski

Post by Kale »

F E R R R R R R A R R I
R Ä I K K K K K Ö N E N
Polarix
Kuski
Team: TR

Post by Polarix »

Oh, you some of you like F1!

I cheer for BMW Sauber, with Robert Kubica and Heidfeld.
Today on on the qualify on Melbourne, BMW did it very nice. I hope they beat Mclearen!
Kowal
37mins club

Post by Kowal »

BMW Sauber!

Kubica!
Image TT: 37:03:04 || 22 Polish Records || 54 WC || Team [EF]
wjelo
Kuski

Post by wjelo »

great post Kobal! you make me proud of my country :D

first of all: yes, I think F1 is still a sport. it was much more of it in the very beginning, but as always when a sport is becomming more and more popular money comes into play and begins to be the major factor. you can like it or not, but that's how the world works and we won't change it. you can always play chess or compete in\follow some less effective things like you do visiting this forum right now and playing this game.
there are some racing series with equal bolides but they probably won't ever be as popular as F1 for some simple reasons: when no car produceres are involved, it is less attractive both for people who watch as they can't associate teams with a brand, and world's best drivers aren;t going to compete as they earn more money in F1. no competition among constructors means no evolution which also is bad. and so on and so forth.

experts agree that F1 is becoming less and less transparent for regular people as the rules are very complicated and the decisions of stewards are sometimes argueable and unclear. more or less this is how it has to be as no restriction would be too dangerous. of course the aerodynamic grip force should be restricted so that more overtaking would be brought back, which we should hope to happen in the future. on the other hand current situation requires some extra skills from the drivers

than again I am into motorization since the late ninties and F1 has like always been the fastest motorsport also I was, am and will be kind of forced to read about it and it exites my imagination- nothing goes round the track faster than F1 cars do. I had periods when I was less intreasted, for example the period of MS's domination made it less exciting than ever...

as far as the question "Mc or Ferrari" is concerned since Schumi is gone, Ferrari's got Räikkönen and after the dirty playing of the Brits last year there can be only one answer.

now I want to briefly describe the situation in Poland, can be quite entertaining read, at least for me it is kind of comical. it reaminds me about Małysz, Poles are just hungry for any sport success as the political and social situation of the country isn't too good and all of a sudden everyone becomes a fan of the sport and wants to be considered an expert, which they have no doubt they are. as if watching tv was enought to have some deeper clue

of course I am happy to see Kubica in F1, watch his career quite closely (since he was competing in karting actually) and wish him the best, but I don't go into hysteria like most of young males in our country recently do. there are some who, unlike the majority, got hooked on this sport lately but still have some knowledge, read etc, not just watch the races without understanding much of what is going on. it can be FUCKING annoying. example? you are watchin a race and someone who isn't that much into F1 but knows Kubica is competing asks: "what is his position?" and you gotta explain "second, but the rest of the forefront have pitted twice already and he will have to do it in on one of the following laps so he probably he will be 5th after it" and the one who asked is like "wtf o_O". it's much simplier in football where you just got the result and can reply "were'e leading 3:0". second example: you're friends are tlaking about F1 and they are all like "fuck those gay Germans, they made Kubica not finish so that Heidfeld would have better position" and even though you're like "wtf fucking morons" you don't feel like explaining the obvious thing to those assholes: why would they even hire him and pay him? what's their business in making him not finish? in my opinion at most they can favour Heidfeld in tactics, that's all
thank you for your patience and time if you have read this through :*
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

its almost a formula 1 topic now :p
f1 is totally a sport, its a true sport as well, how many other sports can you compete in that you risk your life every time you partake in it
the only thing i enjoy watching more is motogp :P but thats a whole other topic :P
i love ferrari's so i like the formula 1 ferrari team, being from new zealand, i should really support mclaren as bruce mclaren is from here, at least with current driver line ups Ferrari > Mclaren big time :P
[10:51:18] <skint0r> i could SACh see KyJelly working at ICA ;D
[10:51:37] <skint0r> "vad kostar denna?" "wtf ch0b0"
Thursday, March 2nd 2005, 0942 i was 3333 [4.43% of total / 3.25 posts per day]
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

hah wielo, anyone interested in f1 nat understanding the pitstops should seriously look into it more.

as for todays race, it was fucked up, luck with safetycars played big role. they have always done that, BUT now after first race it's easy to draw conclusion : what if every race will have so many safetycars. fucked up I tell ya, but lets wait and see
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

what the hell are safetycars?
Palme
Kuski

Post by Palme »

When there was an accicent or sach and in some point of the road there is some scrap metal (?) from broken cars, there comes the safety car. It s driving ahead of the 1st placed, is relativly slow and when it s on the road, noone is allowed to overhaul.
When the Road is clean, the safety car vanishes in midair ( :lol: ) and all cars are not allowed to accelerate until the first accelerates.
Apoku RuLeZ! X) http://teamapoku.funpic.de

- me signature is good signature -
Sick_Mambo
Kuski

Post by Sick_Mambo »

Well the first race of the season was really action packed.

Like 10? cars finished, pitcrew got hurt, crashes all over, ferrari crapped out and best of all....no traction control this year!

Gonna be fun to follow all the races.
Polarix
Kuski

Post by Polarix »

only 8 cars finished actually. Dramatic race!
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

well, 7 cars finished, bordais (sp) was 8th, but after barra...(sp) DQ only the first 6 drivers in teh classification finished the race, SB and KR both got points from pit lame
[10:51:18] <skint0r> i could SACh see KyJelly working at ICA ;D
[10:51:37] <skint0r> "vad kostar denna?" "wtf ch0b0"
Thursday, March 2nd 2005, 0942 i was 3333 [4.43% of total / 3.25 posts per day]
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

So lol what Kovalainen did, pressed the pit lane speed limiter button right after overtaking Alonso with like 5? laps to go. Sick first GP, and the best driver dominated from start to finish.
wjelo
Kuski

Post by wjelo »

that's what he did :D
A beer a day keeps the doct0r away.
last.fm profile
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

hamilton indeed was impressive, ez win eventhough he lost 10+ sec lead several times. will be fun to see malaysia which is already in 6 days!!
Polarix
Kuski

Post by Polarix »

Bahrain (3.):

In this race ferrari pwns all teams, but BMW is stronger than mclearen, In fact kovalinen is really got owned by BMW drivers Kubica and heidfield, he was like 22 seconds behind before finish. (Hamilton got a totaly fucked start and crached Alonso in first round and got 14/13 position(Wtf?))
The question is, will BMW keep on with this exellent driving and even win some races?

Hurray for Kubica!
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

can tell you, it was sick indeed. A tire blew, and he went straigt into the wall :x
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

I really hope that the crash doesn't affect to Kovalainen's speed in the future. There does exist a lot of excamples of lost tenths of seconds per lap due to traumatic crashes, but luckily also opposite cases, like Häkkinen (Adelaide 1995) and Schumacher (Silverstone 1999).
wjelo
Kuski

Re: F1: ferrari or mclaren

Post by wjelo »

Kubica won! FUCK YEAH!!!
A beer a day keeps the doct0r away.
last.fm profile
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

max grats to Kubica and BMW Sauber ^^ pwnage in Canada.

my fave team is Red Bull Racing (Webber is in it o.O) and BMW is awesome to =)
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
Polarix
Kuski

Post by Polarix »

yeah Smaxa, was too bad Webber crashed in the qualify, he would get better than 10th position imo.

And, excellent stats of BMW!