Most time on a game?

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

Alma
Kuski

Most time on a game?

Post by Alma »

what game have you played longest? besides elma ofc
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Re: Most time on a game?

Post by John »

Counterstrike (1.6 obviously) or Rollercoaster Tycoon 1 (hoyled it before i got into elma :)
Feels like im forgetting some obvious ones
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

Pokemon Blue i think.
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
Alma
Kuski

Post by Alma »

aahh, good old pokemon :P
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

RollerCoaster Tycoon 1
Championship Manager 00/01
The Sims (1 and 2)
SkiFree
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
OtorK
37mins club

Post by OtorK »

Atomic Bomberman
error
Kuski
Team: 27

Post by error »

fallout 1,2
pokemon (version: blue,gold,emerald,pearl)
twitch streams | one-handed | EOL winrate 20.1 %
Kowal
37mins club

Post by Kowal »

Football Manager 2006

dunno what else =/
Image TT: 37:03:04 || 22 Polish Records || 54 WC || Team [EF]
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

fisrt game i hoyled was prolly BOOM with my sister. we'd play it every day.
then came bub 'n bob, or bubble bobble.

but if you mean the true hoyled games, then prolly
cs
HL2 (+ HL2deathmatch)
pokémon. Ez pokémon silver if gonna be specific. i start by sending some pokemon from silver to another pokemon game, play the game through (now is like lvl 70-80, then ez send bak to silver, and hoyl it up to lvl 100. think i have playingtime 200 something hours on teh. then ez ez 100+ on the other games. God, sometimes i get quite bored on the country.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Championship Manager 2 (which was made for season 97/98)
Death Rally
The Sims 1 and 2
Antz
Donator
Team: Quack

Post by Antz »

245 days played on my main in world of warcraft, with maybe 60 days more on alts.
FinMan
36mins club
Team: dat

Post by FinMan »

Age of Empires's
E: Travian goes next.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Sim City 3000, god that game was good. Me and my brother were mainly watching a city grow old and earning millions and billions of simoleons with it. We had the time on slow, and still we went to the year 4000 or someteh. I don't know exactly, but the game was on for about 5 hours a day for a whole year, same city. =)
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

tijsjoris wrote:Sim City 3000, god that game was good. Me and my brother were mainly watching a city grow old and earning millions and billions of simoleons with it. We had the time on slow, and still we went to the year 4000 or someteh. I don't know exactly, but the game was on for about 5 hours a day for a whole year, same city. =)
2000 was, and is, the best sim city ever.
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Are you mentally ill? 3000 was so much better than 2000. Give me one reason why not?
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

3000 is boring. one reason is that it's too easy. second, 2000 is so simple, hence more fun to play. just like starcraft>warcraft3 thanks to it's simplicity.

oh, and also you have teh urban tool. (mayeb have in 3k aswell, but if so, have to dl teh separatlely or impsy to find.)
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

urban tool was make own buildings right? yes you have that in 3000 and much more fun! and in 3000 you have REALLY funny messages and people with funny heads speaking to you, also in my own language which was great cause my english sucked back then.

I agree with you on simcityplicity, sim city 4 was fucked up for that reason. 3000 was maybe easy, but then again, finishing elma is also too easy. comparing difficulty level in 3000 and 2000, is like comparing elma with some trialbike flash game on the internets.
FinMan
36mins club

Post by FinMan »

Thats why elma rules: Good physics and simplicity. :)

Some other games like Igge said and at least Age of Empires games are simplicity and popular too =D
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

I'd say this is my list from the "3d" games.

Tony Hawk 2
Track & Field 1
Unreal Tournament
Quake 3 Arena
Cs
Roller Coaster Tycoon

We had a Macintosh few years before we got a pc. And I used to play these smaller games.
Doom
Velocity ("big" cargo spaceship game) was über nice and used lots of hours on it.
Flash Back was nice
bubble Trouble

But I think 2nd to elma is Tony Hawk 2 =)
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Xiphias wrote:I'd say this is my list from the "3d" games.
bubble Trouble
<3
Polarix
Kuski
Team: TR

Post by Polarix »

WOW

Megaman Battle Network 3 on Game Boy Advance
wjelo
Kuski

Post by wjelo »

hmmm hard to decide... there were so many games which i played few hours a day every day for long periods of time. it's fucking lame when I think about it now as many of those games suck a big one and i kinda grown out of playing such stuff but also quite funny. i'll describe it in chronological order, of course i played some other shit in between etc

Quake 2
only fps i enjoyed so much to play online as we played it with my school mates in the school lab during informatics lessons and breaks on teh lan there. we practiced at home with bots (most just had dial-ups) and were max excited when some of us got much better than others and so on. there was this guy that became kinda pro, lol. my favourite map was q2dm1
also we tried to play HoM&M there but it took too much time :D

FIFA series
kinda mastered 2k with Fiorentina which was my favourite club at that moment. still remember I played with 4-4-3 formation (4-3-1-2 to be specific with Rui Costa and Nuno Gomes and Chiesa as forward [my favourite player then, especially after max Euro 2k goals]). that's also connected with my football interests as when the team bankrupted and was moved to some lower league (strangely common in Italy btw) which made me not give a shit about football teams as such and watch only world cups and euros. Chiesa's career was stoped by a serious injury i think. ok, too much bot this shit

Need for Speed series
played 2SE a lot, then 3 (still remember most tracks form start to finish), 4, Porsche 2k, HP2, Underground (was first game of that kind that i played, i mean all this tuning shit which i'm into, i mean not all the plastic shit but engines performance. so i completed it 100% 5 times once every race on hard level, even though the AI was fucked up and unfair and there were those longer than half an hour races)

Deluxe Ski Jump 2.x
there was some strange shit going on in Poland after the success of Adam Małysz, everyone played that one, i hoyled it like hell and was beating all friends in school and in their/my house. my longest jump was >291m)

ElastoMania
wasn't an easy one, no love at first sight ;D. i had it on my PC and played from time to (remeber finishing enigma as the last internal, had problems with it for some time, didn't know some community exists, they were talking about the actual Enigma machine on the radio that moment, no shit) time since the end of 2oo1 but i wasn't until 2oo3 that i got addicted. i remmember i spent the entire holidays (that part that i was at home, like 5 weeks) playing it, was my most n0lif0r period in life, didn't even leave my room unless i had too like eat, shit etc, just played all day long xD
strangely enough i didn't miss it or think about the game too much when i was on the holidays with family by the sea. btw it's like that for me with all my adictions, when i don't have the access to it i do not miss it or try hard to get some

Pokeman games xD
completed Red at first, than Silver or Gold, then Crystal a few times. the last one i played all through with just 1 pokeman- Squirtle\Wartortle\Blastoise (xiited it into teh), had some normal, water, dark (bite?) moves and therefore pwned all kind of pokemans just witk that one. funny that this game is kind of rpg(?) but the simplest one i ever played- nearly silly- but still it is so addictive. than tried some Sapphire\Ruby when they came out but it was pure shit. maybe will try some of the remakes someday, anyone know if and which of them got both Jotho and Kanto? i kinda lost count of this shit :}

Diablo 2
just played it through once in 2oo3 with Barbarian so nothing special, but just couldnt go resist playing it, skipped school and so on, maybe that's why didn't try it again, ez this summer though

Fallout&Fallout 2
also discovered them way too late, remember knowing about it in the '90s but still didn't complete until 2oo5. dunno what to write abot it but as for me those games have the best turn based combat system evar- doesn't sound interesting but it just fucking kicks ass ;D my favourite character creating and developing system as well...

1nsane
that cool off-road game, prolly most of you don't know it but it has the best terrain simulation, dunno how to explain it but most racing games' tracks consist of pieces made of some kinda triangles but that one has smooth arches. also even though it is old still has alive scene with leagues, boards and shit

GTA
series
played a lot and more or less completed (well kinda, didnt gather the points in the last location in the original as there was no save&load system and was too bored with missions in 2 to finifh the last one as well) the first one, 2, 3, Vice City, San Andreas (the 'plot' missions, didn't bother t find all the shit to make it 100%). when the second part became downloadable for free and working under xp, lots of ppl begun to paly it online and so did i :D remember tiny town was my favourite map and knew all the tricks on it and was max fun when pwned some nabs 2tm, wasn't too good in it however as it gets pretty boring after some months

that's more or less everything, hoyled some shit on NES like 15 years ago but don't remember anything special. oh i know! Snake II on my Nokia 3310 (best phone i had btw, fucking strong, no way to destroy it, thrown it from the stairs, kicked to the walls and so on when drunk and angry that my GF didn't reply and nothing happened to it, also simple in design with just as many keys as needed, unlike all the new shit). hoyled it like hell even when i was home, created a xiit system- stoped the snake after every move with some button and than continued, with that system on the fastest level the snake ez covered all the screen and died only when there was no more space left xD of course if i pressed teh button too late it also died... sometimes i wonder if i'm the only one such fucked up preson to hoyl snake for dozens of minutes just continuing one game (maybe some japapnese freak beats me xD). luckily i didn't have 6310 or other Nokia with bigger screen

MMORPGS aren't my thing, tried WoW for several hours forced myself to play but it just isn't any fun for me... also none of the new games with all that fancy graphics and shit seem joyful to me, maybe i'm to old but generally i do not play that much anymore, just some elma nearly everyday and some Gran Turismo 4 or Fallout or sumtin else from time to time. feel like playing Diablo 2, 1nsane and Fallouts some again though. thanks for reading, if anyone did

nice topic btw, ehhh nostalgy :'}

edit: a few typos and other minor shit
Last edited by wjelo on 30 May 2009, 21:17, edited 4 times in total.
A beer a day keeps the doct0r away.
last.fm profile
Kuj2
Kuski

Post by Kuj2 »

Fallout 1, 2, NFS 2 SE like wjelo, some Pokemon on GB too (I never grew out of some kind of rebel against those 'new' versions, Gold, Silver, and maybe Raw Ebony as well, so I stuck to old Red, Blue and Yellow), recently Morrowind with both expansions (liked Bloodmoon better, the main quest sucks, though, what about the last quest same for a werewolf and normal guy). Also a lot of Mario, Pacman, Machines, other stuff when I was younger. I liked Machines with those monkeys, if anyone knows the game :D
If you're happy and you know it, and you really want to show it, if you're happy and you know it just ROTATE!
Personal TT - 46:47,48
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

oh some other games i hoyled a lot...

Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2

Fifa 1998!!!!

Lotus 3 - The Ultimate Challenge (When i was like 7)

Trackmania Nations

Counterstrike 1.6
jonsterion
Kuski

Post by jonsterion »

from my 10 to 13 I played Abalone, an online board game.
After I 'retired' from that game I switched to CS1.6 which I played for about 5 years. While I was playing CS I got into ELMA in 2003 and played both at the same time.
In 2007 I started playing Starcraft BW and I still do atm.
In early 2008 I decided to quit CS because it was taking too much of my time.
I'm thinking of quiting starcraft too but who knows.
belele
Baru_Zool
Kuski

Post by Baru_Zool »

Wjelo, you're not alone! Me and my friend were playin' Snake II like fuckin' crazies. Although my friend discovered that trick with stopping snake but there was some shit with turning it back when you died for example, which was my discovery.

Nevertheless, Snake II wasn't the only game I played.

I passionately played DSJ 2 and I MUST admit my longest jump was 292.5m <fleers>.

I also got some good scores in games on miniclip like Pharaoh's Tomb, Battle Pong, Nordic Chill, Zed.

I cannot take no notice of Atomic Bomberman (yeah, i really like such simple games :P)

Of course the most important games were: Starcraft and Elasto Mania.

I started playin' Starcraft since... I remember (it means since '98/'99) and (of course with many breaks) I still play this game (mostly with my friends but there was a time when I was addicted to BNet). As for me it's the bestest and the greatest game ever. :twisted:

And Elasto Mania...
I started playin in 2005, i passed like 10 levels and stopped, then I came back in 2006, played in ESCup II (Poland, my dears :P) after that I played for somethin' like 2 months and stopped again. Now I'm back since december 2007 and I'm not goin' to stop! xD

There was also many games on DOS and some shits on NES (where I made a plenty of good result though).
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

Oh, and I played GTA 2 too... DAMN that was a nice game
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

SNES Games I would spend hours on.
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
FinMan
36mins club

Post by FinMan »

Baru_Zool i hope you are going to belma. :P :wink2:
Sick_Mambo
Kuski

Post by Sick_Mambo »

Wow
Quakeworld
Diablo 2
Teamfortress classic for hl
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Back when we first got a computer [1996] it only had DOS on it and the screen was two tone with black and green. It ruled ofcourse, especially the dozens of tetris clones and variations, we played many of those.
But there was also this game called lode runner, which I never got the hoyl, because the CPU was simply too fast for the game. :P

And there was a game called Beast, which was fun too. But the next big thing came when my dad brought in a new computer at his place, and we played Hover and Pinball, for many weekends in a row. When internet came, we played this shockwave game where you had to bounce pinguins across a cold sea with an inflatable boat. Really awkward, back then you had to pay a monthly fee for playing those games, only the first 30 hours were free as a trial. God, how awesome. :lmao:

Oh and we also played the Weezer video lots of time. :mrgreen:
jonsterion
Kuski

Post by jonsterion »

every snes fan should install this firefox plugin: http://www.firenes.com.ar/firenes-1.0.xp
this comes with 2500+ games for snes and it works perfectly. been hoyling supermario 3 :P hf
belele
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

not found. what is it?
Dynamo
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by Dynamo »

Probably have the most hours playing stepmania...I've taken about 3000 screenshots and do so every 10 plays on average so thats 30000 songs at around 3 minutes per song is 90000 minutes or 1500 hours

That's only a guess though :lol:
Total Time: 38:35,14
FinMan
36mins club

Post by FinMan »

I have only 800 games for SNES and other mongo named discs in my comp. :( But i dont play them much. :mrgreen:
Baru_Zool
Kuski

Post by Baru_Zool »

Oh! Right! I forgot 'bout Stepmania! Jeez, that was real mania... :P I can't forget the moment I made Fury of The Storm on C... <sigh>
Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Post by Bismuth »

I'll try... I say I'll TRY to make a list starting from most to least.

RuneScape: played until I was 12-13 quite seriously, then played now and then, now I still play once a month 'cause it's fun, some nostalgia I think :D I think it's a great game because it can suck up time even if the graphics and sound suck. I'd say probably around 600 hours on that one, I've got like... a lvl 80, 3x, some 2x, 1x and less...

TrackMania Sunrise, a little bit of Nations and then United: One of my favorites. Really. 500, 600 hours? I don't know.

Dinopark Tycoon: Oooooh, back in time... I think I was 9 the last time I played. I really wanted to play again recently but couldn't find it :( - More than 300 I'm sure.

Super Mario 64: I think (I say I THINK) I finished the game around 20 times. Around 8-10 times 120 stars, and 5-6 times 16 stars, I had the WR in Peach's Slide (12'4) but it was beaten a year ago or so. Surely over 300 hours too.

Elma: Nothing more to say, 300 hours.

Dofus: Nice game, more in French than in other languages (I think it has English, German and Spanish versions too) I've spent quite an amount of hours a year ago on that game. Now I don't play much. 250-300 hours.

Then I really don't know... There are so many games... Sim City 2000 for 200 hours, Donkey Kong 64 at least 100 hours, Mario Party 3 at least 150-200, Super Mario Bros. 3 150+, Seiken Densetsu 3 (found a french version on ZSnes) 80 hours alone + more than 100 with my friend, Chrono Trigger 100+ (I beat the game 3 times, plus one time with all my characters level 99 and the infinite power tab trick done to the max), RCT near 100, Zelda OoT, Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess all add up to something like 300 hours, Age of Empires II I remember I made 7 games of 3 hours and more (I'll always remember my 5:40 game in a 1-vs-4 huge match) so probably high amount of hours too, about 100-150, King's Quest VI, even if my brother and sister played much longer, I've played around 80-100 hours too, and I forget many... quicklist: Hunter Hunted, Uru: Ages Beyond Myst, Guild Wars, Guitar Hero III, GoldenEye 007, Pokémon Yellow, Project 64 (I include mainly Paper Mario, Turok II, Pilotwings 64 and Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie) for 150-200 maybe, Age of Empires, The Sims I and II for 150-200 hours too, King's Quest VIII, and hum... then it goes for 50-hour games or something... Microsoft Puzzle Collection, and so many I forget.

If I think about some that I completely forgot, I'll edit.

Edit: Here I add the ones that I forgot:
Tetris 100-150
And add 4 hours to AoE2, just played a 3:43 game :P
Last edited by Bismuth on 27 May 2008, 03:47, edited 1 time in total.
:mrhat:
Boomer
39mins club
Team: LOS

Post by Boomer »

1. Elma
2. Diablo 2 (+ LoD)
3. Heroes of Might and Magic II
4. Secret of Evermore
5. C&C Red Alert
6. Heroes of Might and Magic III
7. Worms United
8. Super Mario 64
9. Super Smash Bros. Melee
10. Tales of Symphonia
11. Daggerfall
Team LOS website

<jaytea> uh milk was invented in 1966
-
<teh_mila> bah, fucked up nice labpro ride cause i almost fell of the chair:)
Dynamo
38mins club

Post by Dynamo »

Baru_Zool wrote:Oh! Right! I forgot 'bout Stepmania! Jeez, that was real mania... :P I can't forget the moment I made Fury of The Storm on C... <sigh>
Nice another player haha, Thaor AAA'd that pretty recently on video O_O
Total Time: 38:35,14
Baru_Zool
Kuski

Post by Baru_Zool »

He AAA'd?! That's fuckin' incredible! Jeez... I AAA'd super trouper (Abba) on heavy. xD
Kowal
37mins club

Post by Kowal »

btw,
GTA V was great! ;D
Image TT: 37:03:04 || 22 Polish Records || 54 WC || Team [EF]
Lee
37mins club

Post by Lee »

in order of time

bubble bobble
duke nukem 3d
pokemon blue
pokemon crystal
zoo tycoon
GTA vice city

lord of the rings online (currently playing)
Bosky
Kuski

Post by Bosky »

I'm playing (maybe not everyday, but often)
Elma
Counter Strike 1.6 Steam and Nonsteam
Quake III Arena
Red Faction
GTA SA: MP only
Fifa 08
Warcraft III
World of Goo (xD)
Worms World Party
Total Time: 42,42
WC: 3 Pro: 6 Good: 28 OK: 17
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Just to be accurate, i have never played a game remotly as much as elma, nothing comes even close.

But to be on topic, i could only state 3 games:
- tony hawk pro skater 2
- perfect dark
- doom 2
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

only Perfect Dark and Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time, it would be stupid to say anything else.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

The_BoneLESS wrote:Just to be accurate, i have never played a game remotly as much as elma, nothing comes even close.
Same here.
i played some trackmania... cs 1.6... lots of pokemon blue. hm
Morgan
36mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Morgan »

elma, diablo 2, cs 1.6, quake 3 arena, dune 2000, fifa01, homm2 and 3, thps 2,3 and 4
Image TT - 36:53.16 || 17 Polish Records || SPEED
FinMan
36mins club

Post by FinMan »

Well, clear ownage for elma ofc... then comes maybe age of empires -series... :P Maybe 1 / 20 of elma time but still, played only that when was some 10 years so it has that much area still. Nowadays i play only liek twice a month. And, then comes some finnish games called Kiihdytyspeli and Eräjorma. 8)