IMDB votelists

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

Igge
38mins club

Re: IMDB votelists

Post by Igge »

I'm watching The imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus later today. Sick hyped. I'm hoping it will keep up with Brazil.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
roope
37mins club
Team: MiE

Post by roope »

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind 9/10

Once started watching this and was so bored I fell asleep. Later I tried it with a different mood and attitude, and it was excellent! Jim Carrey should really do more "serious" roles
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

District 9 (2009) - 7/10 - Some kinda weird in the beginning but got really exciting towards the end
American Pie Presents: The Book of Love (2009) - 5/10
Revolutionary Road (2008) - 6/10
Last Chance Harvey (2008) - 6/10

After watching avatar for about half an hour I got car/motion sickness which lasted the rest of the movie, so had to watch a lot of it without the glasses, which obviously ruined a lot of it so I will not give it a rating yet.

Anyway as for the story, as you say it's somewhat of a cliche story but that doesn't matter when it's done well, but I don't think it was, for a couple of reasons. First of all I found the main charactor Jake Sully really unlikable, secondly the videolog way of telling big parts of the story didn't work well, I'd prefer just seeing the story happen, than having someone telling it. Also the story happened over some four months, which made it really fast paced, like suddenly three months had gone and a lot of stuff happened.

Anyway I'm not saying it was bad, I just don't see it as anything special.
Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Post by Bismuth »

teajay wrote:When I read Bismuth's ratings, I see no score less than 6/10, which puts forth an interesting phenomenon; the inflation of ratings. 10/10, easy to acquire, but hard to top?
As I said, there are no very low ratings because these are movies I saw from 2004 to early 2009, and if they sucked, I usually forgot them. I remember a horror/suspense crap I've watched some 2 years ago that would have deserved a 4 or a 5, it was very cliché, predictable and the horror was not even well done. Though, I don't even remember the name, and barely the plot, because I didn't like it at all, so how could I rate it?
:mrhat:
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

My votes:

http://up.k10x.net/vwfwijlscpmzx/Jvotes.png

Shifting a bit towards higher grades, duno if that's because I generally vote high or if it's because I pick my movies carefully and only see what I feel could be worth seeing.
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

Ok, I guess I'll add a few more:

The Haunting in Connecticut (2009) - 5/10

Found that pretty weak, the actors were not convincing, the plot was fair, but it did not hook me quite much. They made a good effort, but it lacked some key points.

Good Will Hunting (1997) - 8/10

Strong 8. Robin Williams is outstanding, and the overall movie is just very good. I remember how much I was into the story when I watched it, it was more than 2 years ago though.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001) - 7/10

They started out the series quite well. The actors, even at their age, were quite good. I saw it long ago though.

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002) - 8/10

That's a kinda weak 8, but it is better than the first one. Actually, in my opinion, it is the best of the Harry Potter movies I saw.

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004) - 7/10

It stayed decent, Sirius Black was not at all how I imagined him though :P

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005) - 6/10

From there on (and even with the 3rd), the movies were getting much weaker than the books (which I loved), like many. They skipped SO MUCH it was barely understandable. They liked to spend much time, though, on things that were pretty much useless.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007) - 6/10

Same as the last one, I didn't enjoy it. I don't think it deserves a 5 though, it was still well done. But I felt like they had made the story too different from the original, and sadly, on the bad side.

Haven't seen the last one, but from what I've heard, it's not worth it.

War of the Worlds (2005) - 7/10

It was good, but the ending came like "what?", and the teenager guy stomped on my nerves like mad.

X-Men (2000) - 8/10
X2 (2003) - 8/10
X-Men: The Last Stand (2006) - 7/10

The last one was not awesome, but overall, a decent trilogy to watch.

More video games now:

The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon (2008) - 5/10

OMG they killed Spyro in that game. The originals were so much more enjoyable.

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (2007) - 9/10

Got me playing for months :)

Guitar Hero World Tour (2008) - 8/10

Was decent, the studio was quite limited though. Didn't get hooked as much, but then again, I played Guitar Hero for 9 months before buying that one, so it would have done the same thing if it had been another Guitar Hero.

Mario Party (1998) - 7/10

It launched the series quite well, but those damn FUCKING games in which you rotate the joystick killed your N64 controllers and your hands. Because of that now (and thank god we only rented that game a few times, I don't own it), my joysticks are all loose.

Mario Party 2 (1999) - 9/10

The best, in my opinion. Why they didn't keep the disguises for each themed board? I don't know, but it was damn cool. Really, the most fun Mario Party.

Mario Party 3 (2000) - 8/10

This is the one I played the most, because it's the one I own. It is very good, but I always preferred to play the second one. Still the very cool Mario Party mood in this one.

Mario Party 8 (2007) - 6/10

Nintendo could have made so much on this one, they could have made a super duper Mario Party with the Wiimote and all. It could have been epic. They could have made something completely new. But they missed the boat. The board with the hotels is still very enjoyable.

Adventure Island (1986) - 8/10

I played it for years, and so did my sister, but we never got past world 6.
bob
Kuski

Post by bob »

i'm sure there's already is a video game review topic.
mcleod
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Chocolat - 8.0/10
Comedy | Drama | Romance

A story about a woman and her daughter arriving in a small village in France to open up a small shop selling chocolate. The whole community is very conservative, pretty much under dictatorship by a man named de Reynaud. The shop turns the whole village around, to most it's like a plague has arrived but to some it's a breeze of fresh air.

Been wanting to see this for quite some time but have heard from actionbuff-friends it's shit. It wasn't. A warm and humorous story told by a great cast, lots of big names in it.
infected
Kuski
Team: LOS

Post by infected »

ok i might be a bit anti guitar hero. but GH III is quite gay and got the worst engine ever. can hold HO/PO 10sec before they appear.
and ever tried GH:WT on drums...? if you have, then i can't understand your 8/10 since everytime you activatet SP you lose combo becouse of the buggy game.

but some of the songs like Obstacle 1, La Bamba and Love Spreads are awesome charted for drums the the game still is not worth more then a 5.

and GH: III isnt really worth more the a 3 if you compare with other music games like the RB series and GH2
geomatric hallucinations
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

conversely, infected. The strumming on GH3 works way better than any other guitar hero, due to the botchy time window. GH2 had the best song list, GH3 the best strumming, imo Metallica the best HOPO's. (no, different to world tour)

anyways, On-topic

Spongebob Squarepants movie: 8/10

saw for the second time last night with a few friends, to me this is a movie that really proves how simplicity makes things so great. This is a movie that catches you with it's absurdity while the plot takes flight (may i mention a runaway teardrop and david hasselhoff?)

I won't write a long review, but if you haven't seen it, do. It's a must see.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

The imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus 9.5

I simply can't give it a 10 because I know there are a couple of movies I like more, but at the same time it's goddamn wonderful to see that movies like this one are still being made.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

Ong Bak 2 - 2/10

I am surprised by the overall positive reviews on this film. So far in my life I have watched every film until the ending, but this time I had a really, really hard time.

Maybe I was in the wrong mood or some other thing influenced me, but this film was such a pain to watch. The story is like maybe even "deeper" than in Tony Jaas other films but those flashbacks were just simply annyoing. And what the fuck some kind of wannabe Hero ending? Compared to Ong Bak 1 and Tom Yung Goong the fights were very unimpressive, especially because of the "cheating" cuts.

I am disappointed...

1 point for drunken fighting scene and 1 for the elephant fighting...
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Voddler ftw

A Night at the Roxbury - 7/10
Just hilarious. I cracked up just a few secs into the movie. Love the soundtrack. Dont usually like Will Ferrell but this time he was funny as one of two brothers acting like theyre the shit. Lost a higher rating because it lost its pace somewhere in the middle. The movie is just 73 mins long though.

Clear and Present Danger - 6/10
Weak 6. Just slightly above average 90's thriller which fits nicely with a bag of popcorn. Harrison Ford does a good job, nice role for him. Entertaining but nothing special.
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

Sherlock Holmes (2009) - 8/10

I wasn't quite sure about going to cinema to see Sherlock Holmes, but I happened to be pleased. Really, it's a decent movie. Holmes was, in my opinion, a superb representation of the character originally imagined by Conan Doyle. There was a lot of subtle humour, just the type I love (of course not that Hollywood-Justin-Timberlake-ripoff-boobies-shit-humour we are tired to see). Really worth watching, action-packed, and Holmes is godly as usual. He kicks ass so much, but then again, it is not over the top, imo. That weird "love-story" with the other girl (spoilers maybe? not much) left me pretty much cold, but at least there was not much attention on it, and that, I liked. It was there, but it was only accessory, only secondary. And that is rare in American movies.

This movie is really worth watching, but maybe not worth going to cinema over renting it. Rent it.
infected
Kuski

Post by infected »

Haruhi wrote:conversely, infected. The strumming on GH3 works way better than any other guitar hero, due to the botchy time window. GH2 had the best song list, GH3 the best strumming, imo Metallica the best HOPO's. (no, different to world tour)
agree to disagree. how can you GH3 have the best strumming when you clearly can play the tripplets on rain of blood without even stop strumming between the last and first note in each tripplet. and you never have to make the small paus in strumming in The Way it Ends either, you still keep your combo up.

on topic:
Dead Man's Shoes 8/10
geomatric hallucinations
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Whereas, try strumming the raining blood triplets in any other guitar hero (except maybe 2) and try strumming them right, you'll lose combo every 5 notes.
Image Cyberscore! Image
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Try strumming the triplets on a real guitar and see what happens.
Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace »

teajay wrote:Try strumming the triplets on a real guitar and see what happens.
they strum.
Image Cyberscore! Image
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

=D
Boomer
39mins club

Post by Boomer »

La Strada - 5/10

And rewatched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Still a 9/10
Team LOS website

<jaytea> uh milk was invented in 1966
-
<teh_mila> bah, fucked up nice labpro ride cause i almost fell of the chair:)
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Fakers - 3/10
Kate Ashfield tho <3
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

The Bold and the Beautiful (1987-) - 3/10

Stop it already!

Le coeur a ses raisons (2005-2007) - 5/10

Almost put a 6, but changed for a 5. This is a parody of soap operas made in Quebec, and honestly, it was greatly overrated. The first season was funny, but the over-the-top acting and scenario was too much over-the-top. After that, the two seasons that followed were plain mongoness watched by 1.2 million. Really, it was not funny.
Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace »

Don't need to explain.
Image Cyberscore! Image
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Please explain.
Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace »

Can't explain. 8)
Image Cyberscore! Image
Lee
37mins club

Post by Lee »

saw avatar at the cinemas yesterday in 3d

bob
Kuski

Post by bob »

It's Complicated - 4/10
hmm, it was ok at best. the main family didn't seem real at all. there was one scene in the movie that involved their children, and it's porbably the most retarded, unrealistic moment in film i've ever seen. the story is predictable and i felt it went for too long. Alec Baldwin did a pretty decent job with his character though. Meryl Streep and Steve Martin did well too, although Steve's character didn't seem to have much development.

Best thing was the cinema and the service. went 'Gold Class' with the gf, which consists of electric recliner chairs for everyone (about 20 people), your own little table, and someone who come take your order for food at a press of a button. do they have cinemas like this over there?
mcleod
Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace »

Highlights, spoilers inside.

I just read that all over America, Avatar is being classed as racist and anti-american. This... infuriates me. One of the arguments i've read is that the main character is white, that the natives need a white messiah to help them. -> WHY. THE. FUCK. can people not realise that this is not the point, Cameron didn't choose Sam worthington as main character because he was pro-white, nor cause he was racist. If the main actor was black, people would also be crying fucking racist. It's not racist, unless you make it racist.

People are complaining at how it spouts off about Humanity being greedy and taking what we want. OPEN YOUR FUCKING EYES. Look what we've done to our planet, we can see the planet dying and yet we don't stop over-consumption, we don't stop taking what we want. Why? it doesn't convenience us. "Real-life humans would never do that." they say. What about the racism in america in the 1940s? Subjugation of the aboriginals? Just about every war in the history of earth -> all because we don't give a fuck and take what we want.

The fact that there are people on the internet are shooting down the film for being anti-american is just sickening. GET THE FUCK OVER YOURSELF. This film was set 150 years in the future, there is no mention of America, none of the actors portray anything even remotely american. It's not meant to be "Oh the bad guy is american, this film is anti-american," it's "The bad guy is Human." James Cameron does not make and difference between any actor about race or colour. I have nothing in particular against American people, I am sick to death of nationalistic, pigheaded, stuck-up people putting down anything and everything that does so much as touch on a controversial issue just because 'America is perfect, how could they do something wrong' (Note this applies to just about 3/4 of the online gaming, forum and youtube communities.) (Also note there are many american people i respect and look up to.)

Onto less repulsive matters, i found the movie extraordinary - for it's face value, it's a good movie. Stunning visual effects, Good story (Yes, we've heard it's been used before, but it's been used successfully time and time again. Like war movies, movies about love, Tragedies and just about every movie ever released nowadays.) And good acting. Sam Worthington (Jake Sully) was not optimal, but he was believable. He played the part well, didn't overdo it. I believe the term is "Everything in moderation."

Zoe Saldana (Neytiri) did surprisingly well, her annoying accent was masked by an amazingly animated character and beautiful facial expression. Michelle Rodriguez (Trudi) was also very good.

The Story itself, as you know, has been done to death, however there is a reason for this - it's an awesome story idea, controversial and can tug at your heartstrings. On top of this, it was one of the best representations of this kind of turncoat story i've ever seen. It was the only movie i've EVER seen that has made me choke up (Even though it was an inspiring part, rather than a sad one, also i should mention i was very very upset at time of watching, so maybe that addled me a bit.) -

The Visual effects were brilliant - James Cameron has created a phenomenal landscape of raw beauty we rarely see in the modern world. Brave use of odd colours, Biolumination, stunning animation and brilliant character/flora/fauna design all combined to make one of the most intricate places ever invented. I came home from seeing the movie, and on the tv was a documentary about demolition of the rainforests in brazil, and i actually felt sick.

However, where this movie excels is not in face value, but in it's detail, and it's morals. Everything is carefully planned. The animation is believable, making the Na'vi seem real. The acting/animation actually portrays real emotion - when the hometree falls and Eytukan is killed, Neytiri cries, and it's not the stylised crying i've come to expect from Hollywood, i was surprised to find a heartwrenching sob/moan, something that means so much more than your average joe "Boo-hoo." The fury in the face of Tsu'tey when he discovers Neytiri slept with Jake was so... real. The fondness can be seen in the Ikrans eyes when seeing it's... (for lack of a better word) partner.

It makes you question so many things. The Greed of Humanity, our neglect for anything other than ourselves (selfishness.) How the entire human race is controlled by money (or maybe even possession.) It's so hard to put my thoughts on the deeper connotations into words, so i'll say this: This movie is not about flashy effects, nor about storyline, it's about affecting you personally, changing your point of view. It's about the beauty of an uncorrupted civilization - The Na'vi show the ability to learn, the ability to love, show compassion, make decisions, but what they have over Humans is priority. They do not view themselves as more important than the greater being (Eywa.) They do not take, something Humans have failed time and time again to do.

Whilst writing this i'm reading about avatar on the net, and i just found a new argument - is Avatar anti-war? I don't think it is - i think it's anti-destruction, the Peaceful Na'vi live and breathe they're surroundings, they fight to protect. (This is different to Humans fighting to protect, Humans fight to protect what is rightfully theirs. The Na'vi fight to protect what is not rightfully anyones.)

Well i think it's safe to say Avatar was another thing that made me lose more faith in humanity, but i should also mention that the comments and criticisms on the net made me lose twice as much faith as the actual movie.

and hence, 10/10.

Image Cyberscore! Image
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

nice rec, Haruhi.

Maybe Americans say that the Avatar is anti-american because they see themselves reflected in the evil humans portrayed in the film.

I am not a total anti-american, just a quick thought...
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
Raven
Moporator

Post by Raven »

Someone watched Flashforward?
Seize the day
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

Raven wrote:Someone watched Flashforward?
Hell yeah, I've seen 10 episodes and I can very recommend it! Very good serie.
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

Haruhi wrote:blah blah
ez.
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

Dexter Season 4: 9.5/10

Jesus! The excitement, the thrill. I was glued in front of my screen through every eposide and the last 5 episodes caused me to shout and jump up and down of excitement. After I'd seen the last episode I couldn't sleep. There was too much to take in! It was better than any sweet or even any sex I've experienced.
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

Just saw Heat for the second time. 9.5/10

It's 165 minutes of great pleasure. The action is spread out better than butter. Just where you want it! And the actors are of course perfect for their roles. Not to mention the characters. I loved this movie the first time I saw it, and I still love it. Thanks to this movie, I will never ever forget the name Michael Mann.
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

That indeed is a very good film!
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Avatar 3D - 10/10 (3rd time I see teh (first two was 2D tho), no nausea whatsoever... think I might watch teh in 3D one more time with better seats tho)
Tank Girl - 1/10

Both within a few hours. Definition of +/- 0.
Boomer
39mins club

Post by Boomer »

Awesome movie!

2001: A Space Oddysey (1968): 7 or 8/10. Really hard to put a number on it.
Team LOS website

-
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

http://www.imdb.com/boxoffice/alltimegr ... world-wide

Next monday my bet is we have a new leader, upcoming weekend is gonna do the final blow to Titanic. Avatar jumped roughly $300M this last update.
Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace »

The Lovely Bones: ?/10

This movie is impossible to rate or review well, it just is. It was missing something i think, badly handled - The Acting was superb, the CGI was good and it had the makings of an 8 or 9 out of 10 film, it just wasn't? i don't know what it was.

Saoirse Ronan (Susie) put on the best child actor performance i have ever seen, and several of the others were ok as well. A nice story to boot and you should have an 8/10 right there, but i really think the fault was in the directors and producers, not anyone IN the movie.

Also, it went a little too long (2h 15mins)

I'll keep an eye on Saoirse Ronan though, she was fucking amazing.

EDIT:

I think i know what it is now, Character Development. Jackson doesn't spend ANY time doing any character development at all - THIS IS A TRAGEDY, NOT AN ACTION MOVIE. We get no background on any single character and we are left with lengthy CGI scenes instead, that although are quite good-looking, add nothing to the overall score of the movie. It's kind of bad, when a movie like this puts the plot in a back row seat and tries to wow you with CGI.

If it was someone else directing (Fuck, anyone) it could have been 7-9/10

Peter Jackson did a 1-3/10 job at most.

EDIT2:

The Music is ok.

Peter Jackson should be shot.
Image Cyberscore! Image
bob
Kuski

Post by bob »

i haven't seen lovely bones, but i've heard it isn't very good. apparently the pedo neighbour and the young girl did a decent job. also heard that there are too many useless CGI scenes that are just there for 'showing off', and that it doesn't belong in this type of movie.

i've always enjoyed this guys youtube reviews. watch his lovely bones review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-nj0Fy7xUU

he does a hilarious and spot on impersonation of Mark Wahlberg. he also says the movie looks like Super Mario Galaxy.

i get the feeling the only people who will actually enjoy the movie will be Jackson 'fanboys'. you are nothing without LOTR, Jackson.
mcleod
Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace »

bob wrote:i haven't seen lovely bones, but i've heard it isn't very good. apparently the pedo neighbour and the young girl did a decent job. also heard that there are too many useless CGI scenes that are just there for 'showing off', and that it doesn't belong in this type of movie.

i've always enjoyed this guys youtube reviews. watch his lovely bones review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-nj0Fy7xUU

he does a hilarious and spot on impersonation of Mark Wahlberg. he also says the movie looks like Super Mario Galaxy.

i get the feeling the only people who will actually enjoy the movie will be Jackson 'fanboys'. you are nothing without LOTR, Jackson.
His Review was entirely true. Yes, you will only enjoy it if you are a Jackson fanboy. I read a review on it that said it takes a great director like Jackson to fuck up on such astronomical levels.

EDIT:

I've decided to give The Lovely Bones an unofficial 7/10 rating, simply because of how good certain things were. Omitting Jackson's anal-fisting of a movie, there was a great movie hidden there, and i'm basing my 7/10 on that little piece of heaven that's hidden beneath Jackson's monumental fuckery.

This is partially due to the fact that upon thinking about it, i decided i enjoyed the movie. As much of an annihilation Jackson has put upon it, the emotional parts of it stayed with me after leaving the cinema, The acting was too good to be in such a shit movie and i'm actually eager to read the book. I can just imagine that if it was produced correctly without the big-headed "i make no mistakes" directors and Producers fucking it up, this movie would have been amazing, that's why i have voted it high.
Image Cyberscore! Image
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

District 9 (2009): 9.5/10
This is one of those movies i didn't really look up before seeing it, i only knew there were some aliens in Johannesburg. Well, i was blown away! I found myself immersed in the story from the beginning of the movie up until the very last frame. The film felt very refreshing and new and i pretty much loved every aspect of it, from the beautiful CG (aliens, weapons) to the character development. Don't have much to say about this one except the fact that i absolutly loved it! One thing i must say though, it seems the movie doesn't please everyone, my brother and some other people could barely stand the movie and some stopped it after 30 minutes. I guess this is more of a movie for fans of the sci-fi genre but again, i don't know. The movie was pure awesome in my opinion.

Sherlock Holmes (2009): 7.6/10
I thought this was a good movie but nothing too special. As much as i did enjoy it, i didn't feel anything as i watched the movie. It seems like this movie was totally void of emotions. Sure the movie was funny, largely due to Robert Downey Jr and Jude Law, had great action scenes, had a good story and an intriguing plot but nothing really sparkled. Overall, it was a good movie but surely won't be remembered in the years to come.
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
Boomer
39mins club

Post by Boomer »

Haruhi: Haven't seen The Lovely Bones yet, but I hope it will be a good film. However, even if you don't like it, saying that the director should be shot is just nonsense. Please keep such opinions to yourself.

On topic: Sherlock Holmes (2009): 5/10
Team LOS website

-
Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace »

Boomer wrote:Haruhi: Haven't seen The Lovely Bones yet, but I hope it will be a good film. However, even if you don't like it, saying that the director should be shot is just nonsense. Please keep such opinions to yourself.

On topic: Sherlock Holmes (2009): 5/10
It's a figure of speech, honestly i like jackson very much for some of his other films, i just couldn't believe how badly he did the lovely bones.
Image Cyberscore! Image
bob
Kuski

Post by bob »

Boomer wrote:Haruhi: Haven't seen The Lovely Bones yet, but I hope it will be a good film. However, even if you don't like it, saying that the director should be shot is just nonsense. Please keep such opinions to yourself.
ya a figure of speech that is used quite often here in aus.
mcleod
infected
Kuski

Post by infected »

Björn wrote:
Raven wrote:Someone watched Flashforward?
Hell yeah, I've seen 10 episodes and I can very recommend it! Very good serie.
thanks for the tip! just watched the first 5 episodes. been missing a really good serie to watch.

so far its a pure 10/10, just love it!!
geomatric hallucinations
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

Boomer wrote:Sherlock Holmes (2009): 5/10
It deserved at least a 7, it was very good!

Män som hatar kvinnor (2009) - 7/10

I enjoyed watching this movie. Lisbeth is truly a cool character and the story interesting and quite plausible. Watched it the night before I went to see the second at the cinema.

Flickan som lekte med elden (2009) - 6/10

Was called Millénium 2 here in Quebec, it was weaker than the first. I liked, but there were many clichés (the 2-meter all-muscle guy who doesn't feel any pain, Michael Blomkvist never gets killed by anyone for all the shit he does), and the story was more predictable and less plausible. That lesbian scene was there just for the show, as usual.
Boomer
39mins club

Post by Boomer »

No, it isn't :P

Anyway, Blade Runner (1982): 7/10

*EDIT*

Yeopgijeogin geunyeo / My Sassy Girl (2001): 6/10
Team LOS website

-
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Hot Fuzz (2007) - 7/10
The Invention of Lying (2009) - 9/10
Extract (2009) - 6/10
Hosp
38mins club

Post by Hosp »

Avatar, the movie heard everyone say 10/10, I can not see a shit why it would be even 8/10, it' not even close to Lord of the Rings, it's like, I was very dissapointed at it since everyone said it would be uberawesome and yet it only was like weak 8/10. Very over rated.
ToMaT