IMDB votelists

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

abruzzi
Kuski

Re: IMDB votelists

Post by abruzzi »

roope wrote:The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey 9/10

Not sure about this number though. I might be biased because I'm a big fan of the Tolkien world and was just excited to see more of it.
Some notes (no spoilers):
-I feel this the movie was much lighter and humorous that LOTR and I think it's good that way
-I liked Martin Freeman as Bilbo, very quirky guy
-Surprisingly much Radagast. He was really goofy though :S

You fucking idiot, what the hell is this all about? A new movie comes out, and you run as fast as possible to the cinema and watch it? How can you fucking care? And what, if someone watches a movie with 1 year or 2 delay it's wrong? Also, do you discuss movies? How the fuck do you do it? What is there to discuss? What the fuck are you doing? You are watching some moving colors, and calling it an art or something? You'd better go have a fucking mental treatment, I feel fucking shame knowing that there are people who care about some idiot Hobbit or whatever.... Probably, well I guess you are a TOLKIEN FAN, lol a TOLKIEN FAN that HAS FORGOTTEN totally about the all books and movies of his theatre and when suddenly they announce a new movie has been made you get your idiot smelly feet to the cinema yes? Am I right in this field? On that particular guess? Yes, I'm right, and now you are so proud because you watched some idiot shit with some elves or gandalf or whoever fucking it would be, i don't even totally care about. I wouldnt even spend a penny, MORE, I wouldnt even watch this shit if I were heavily paid! And you think I'm joking or EXAGGERATING? No, I'm fucking not! If you don't believe just come here offer me the fucking dollars, and I will SPIT on you! I will SPIT on your money and I will shoutingly refuse watching whatever you propose with you! I don't care if you maybe didn't spend money for it, and just downloaded it to watch, but still you are a total disgrace, you probably forgotten! forgotten about tolkien, and now some hobbit movie appears you are suddenly a GREAT FAN, oh what a GREAT FAN again! Oh my god, so sweet, you dumbass!
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

And there we go again with the good old retarded berh whom we're all used to.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

abruzzi wrote:You fucking ... How can you fucking ... How the fuck ... What the fuck ... have a fucking ... I feel fucking ... whoever fucking ... I'm fucking not ... come here offer me the fucking
I feel you.
snajdig
Kuski

Post by snajdig »

abruzzi wrote: You fucking idiot, what the hell is this all about? A new movie comes out, and you run as fast as possible to the cinema and watch it? How can you fucking care? And what, if someone watches a movie with 1 year or 2 delay it's wrong? Also, do you discuss movies? How the fuck do you do it? What is there to discuss? What the fuck are you doing? You are watching some moving colors, and calling it an art or something? You'd better go have a fucking mental treatment, I feel fucking shame knowing that there are people who care about some idiot Hobbit or whatever.... Probably, well I guess you are a TOLKIEN FAN, lol a TOLKIEN FAN that HAS FORGOTTEN totally about the all books and movies of his theatre and when suddenly they announce a new movie has been made you get your idiot smelly feet to the cinema yes? Am I right in this field? On that particular guess? Yes, I'm right, and now you are so proud because you watched some idiot shit with some elves or gandalf or whoever fucking it would be, i don't even totally care about. I wouldnt even spend a penny, MORE, I wouldnt even watch this shit if I were heavily paid! And you think I'm joking or EXAGGERATING? No, I'm fucking not! If you don't believe just come here offer me the fucking dollars, and I will SPIT on you! I will SPIT on your money and I will shoutingly refuse watching whatever you propose with you! I don't care if you maybe didn't spend money for it, and just downloaded it to watch, but still you are a total disgrace, you probably forgotten! forgotten about tolkien, and now some hobbit movie appears you are suddenly a GREAT FAN, oh what a GREAT FAN again! Oh my god, so sweet, you dumbass!

any of us were offensive or something? you use way too much swear words, it's just the question of the taste
I respect your taste goon, please respect ours
Lousku: Snajdig, forgive all my subtle and not so subtle hostility towards you in the past. I can't go on harassing anyone who produces sach sweet wisdom.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Shutter Island - 7/10
Film nicely done, but I don´t really like these kind of films where you are mindfreaked all the time.

The Hobbit - An Unexpected Journey - 9/10
I really enjoyed this film, watched in cinema (after that i met CuLiNo :)), no 3D darn effects, good ol' 2D rocks hard. I felt really well after exiting cinema, I would repeat anytime. It´s not that brutally epic film like LOTR 3 was, but it´s really more like fairy tale, with lots of humour, retrospectives, Andy Serkis and silly headbanged nice Radagast :D
Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

Post by Hosp »

The Hobbit part1 3/10

Nothing compared to LOTR. Disappointment.
Was really intoxicated during the watching though, will watch again soon so I know if this is how I really feel.
ToMaT
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

berh being berh
roope wrote:The Core ridiculous/10

hahahaha

edit: hahahahahahahahahaha
imdb wrote:The only way to save Earth from catastrophe is to drill down to the core and set it spinning again.
lols ;D

I'm gonna watch The Hobbit after xmas, looking forward to it! Especially after I've heard that it's not dragging on despite being so long for so short a story =)

in the meantime...

Transit (2012) - 4/10
Surf's Up (2007) - 4/10
Seven Psychopaths (2012) - 7/10

Transit was the plainest derp action movie you could imagine. Surf's Up was one of those few animated films which were written neither for adults nor for little children, but for 13-15y teenagers, and I found it rather meh :/ Then I've just come back from Seven Psychopaths (when mom asked me if I'd come, seeing the cast was enough), and I'm pretty much excited about it :D The cast didn't disappoint, but the screenplay was awesome, my favourite kind :) Really worth seeing, especially if you like a little (?) fucked up and a little (?) bloody films :p

over!
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

in the meantime...

Galaxy Quest (1999) - 5/10
Solaris (2002) - 7/10
Forrest Gump (1994) - 9/10

Re-watched Forrest Gump at Malmó airport waiting for a plane, thank God there was no swedish dubbing :D
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

We never dub) But more importantly, you were in malmö? o,o
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Cast Away 9.5/10 This really makes me upset.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

I was, but just for 5h at the airport :p I could ez come somewhere to meet though, eg stockholm) malmo sux cuz airport 30km from city and the bus costs 15e or sth :S( expensive swedes
Kazan
34mins club

Post by Kazan »

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - 6/10
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

so little? justify pls.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Haven't seen yet, but my mom did and by the way we talked about lotr. She explained to me why she didn't really enjoy the films - that they weren't exceptionally emotional, that the characters weren't very engaging. That none of the very dramatic scenes would make you cry, simply because of the lack of connection. To be honest I can't really disagree with her, because I also didn't feel any kind of extraordinary connection with the characters. What are your thoughts on this guys?

Still, I absolutely adore the films :> I guess it's the story, the visuals and the overall awesomeness ;D
ElrondMcBong
Kuski

Post by ElrondMcBong »

Kazan wrote:The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - 6/10
The LotR movies were good as movies, but didn't have anything in commen with the books, except the ring^^

Same here, only the that the movie is bad too :S
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Pawq wrote:...That none of the very dramatic scenes would make you cry...What are your thoughts on this guys?
Spoiler alert

At fellowship of the ring, i cried, when Boromir with 3 arrows in chest said to Aragorn (paraphrase): "My brother, my commander, my king." And died.
Another cry-must-be scene is the very end, where everybody leaves Middle earth, and Annie Lennox starts to sing "Into the West."
There were tears in my eyes durnig The Hobbit film too, when after the warg attack Thorin apologises to Bilbo, for not believing him.
These 3 scenes make me really cry. Everytime. (seen The Hobbit only once, so one doesnt know...)
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

when after the warg attack Thorin apologises to Bilbo, for not believing him.
That was sach cheesy and cliché scene.
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

Watsjing movies is offensive for some =)
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

Resident Evil: Retribution (2012)- 3/10

Star Trek (2009) - 8/10

Trouble with the Curve (2012) - 8/10
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Xiphias wrote:Resident Evil: Retribution (2012)- 3/10
I hate the main actress so much that I never even considered watching the film ;< good to know it's not worth it

The Island (2005) - 5/10
Such uber potential, so great cinematography, and so fucked up screenplay ;<

You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger (2010) - 6/10
Dark Shadows (2012) - 6/10
Bruce Almighty (2003) - 6/10
A Beautiful Mind (2001) - 8/10
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

Hobbit 9/10
enjoyed it thoroughly, all that matters
39:37,91
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

i watched hobitt in bad quality, i would say about 8/10. It may be silly at times but you gotta admit it is not an ordinary movie. Also i read the book 10 years ago so I didn't remember anything about it -> I can't criticize whether the movie stayed true to the book or nat
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

Gangster Squad - 8/10
Liked
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I'm going a week off with my girlfriend to a cottage in the east of netherlands, and she selected about 10 dvds we could watch. I tried myself, but every movie plot I run across seems so banal, that I simply failed to see any durable movie of my liking. But when you get a film started, you'll see that you still enjoy even those ones that were supposed to be horrible, like romantic comedies and fantasy shite. We'll see. I wonder if we even have time for 10 films in one week. Seems so much!
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Les Miserable - 5/10
Decent one time watch. Wouldn't like to see it again because it's a way too long and heavy viewing. They were singing 99% of the time, I was expecting maybe 50/50 song/dialogue. I can totally see why it has gotten so many Oscar nominations and such though, I think it's one of those movies the critics love to love. We average Joes who saw it tonight were not as impressed. Anne Hathaway had easily the most powerful scene when she sang "I dreamed a dream".
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Looking forward to seeing it, though my feelings will probably be similar to yours. Waiting for Django Unchained as well, though I'm a bit scared of that one :u I'm so glad Hathaway and Jackman won the globes, I love them both =)

Immortals (2011) - 4/10

Perfect Sense (2011) - 9/10
Loved it! Went through the story just the way it should, very very very convincing. I love it when a film is trying to capture people's reactions to extreme situations, and when the film does it well!
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

Stolen - 6/10

Could have been a longer movie instead of 1.35. They should have included more details on the "braining" parts from Nicolas Cage. Like before they went to rob, I would want to see how they planned it, also other scenes that I would like to see a more detailed version of, it's almost rushing through too fast. Elsewise I liked the movie, it was entertaining and I'm happy with that, I will not see it again however.
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

Movies I've seen so far this year, in order of bestestness (guess direction and win a microwave [ye, a single microwave, not an oven {what the fuck did you expect}]):

Fight Club
Hobbit
Django Unchained
Napapiirin Sankarit
Changing Lanes
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

|
|
|
|
V

downgrad0r quality.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

OMG TIGRO SICK!!!!!!!! You won a... MICROWAVE!!!
Enjoy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

I am enjoying. :D heats like hell.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

The Prestige (2006) - 10/10
The Pianist (2002) - 8/10

The Presige was pure magic, one of the few films that got into me very deeply.
Kazan
34mins club

Post by Kazan »

Django Unchained - 8/10 much better then Inglourious Basterds imo
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

How can be much better than inglorious basterds and still be only 8? I'm watching django tomorrow, have been looking forward to it for very long)
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Django Unchained - 7/10
Not better than Inglourious Basterds imo but very entertaining in many ways. Felt too slow paced at times and that's why I put 7 instead of 8.

Nice to see you love The Prestige too Pawq!
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

Lousku wrote:Movies I've seen so far this year, in order of bestestness (guess direction and win a microwave [ye, a single microwave, not an oven {what the fuck did you expect}]):

Fight Club
Hobbit
Django Unchained
Napapiirin Sankarit
Changing Lanes
Well Fight Club easily beats the shit out of most movies.
<veezay> antti also gonna get stabbed later this month
<nick-o-matic> niec

My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

well I didn´t like Inglorious bastards so much, even it actually is a good film, so I would give some 6.
Dijango not seen yet, but surely will.
Prestige also mega film, but the Pianist deserves even more than 8 for me. 9,5 here.
Boomer
39mins club
Team: LOS

Post by Boomer »

Children of Men (2006) - 5/10
The Untouchables (1987) - 6/10
Grand Prix (1966) - 6/10
Adventureland (2009) - 7/10
Django Unchained (2012) - 7/10
Team LOS website

<jaytea> uh milk was invented in 1966
-
<teh_mila> bah, fucked up nice labpro ride cause i almost fell of the chair:)
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

The Descendants (2011) - 8/10
Peep World (2010) - 3/10
Sleeping Beauty (2011) - 3/10
Butter (2011) - 7/10
Prometheus (2012) - 7/10
Fast Five (2011) - 6/10
The Artist (2011) - 8/10
Pitch Perfect (2012) - 8/10
umiz
Kuski

Post by umiz »

Kopaka wrote:The Descendants (2011) - 8/10
Peep World (2010) - 3/10
Sleeping Beauty (2011) - 3/10
Butter (2011) - 7/10
Prometheus (2012) - 7/10
Fast Five (2011) - 6/10
The Artist (2011) - 8/10
Pitch Perfect (2012) - 8/10
Prometheus 7/10?
It may be the worst film ive ever seen. So many mistakes. Like when biologist wanna pet snakelike dangerous creature. So stupid whole movie is ruined. I gief it 2/10. Damn i had so high expectations :(
[i cruise, i lev, i live]
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

Find me guilty 7/10. Very good movie.
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Django unchained - 9/10

Very very many enjoyed the movie. Since many people seem to like the comparison, inglorious basterds is a 10/10 for me.

That raid in the night with the head bags felt like sach south parkish scene. Tarantino movies have very good humor)
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

Men in Black 3 - 7/10

Surprised, was good movie.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Young Victoria 6/10
Hilde 7.5/10
Last King of Scotland 8.5/10
The Heartbreaker 7/10
It's Complicated 6/10

watched 5 films last week! Sorry about cheesyness, my gf chose them.
Boomer
39mins club
Team: LOS

Post by Boomer »

Plump Fiction - 1/10
Team LOS website

<jaytea> uh milk was invented in 1966
-
<teh_mila> bah, fucked up nice labpro ride cause i almost fell of the chair:)
snajdig
Kuski

Post by snajdig »

Boomer wrote:Plump Fiction - 1/10
then like Pulp Fiction?
Lousku: Snajdig, forgive all my subtle and not so subtle hostility towards you in the past. I can't go on harassing anyone who produces sach sweet wisdom.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

The Last King of Scotland seems good, I'll try to check it out, thx tj

Yes Man (2008) - 4/10
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003) - 8/10
Finding Nemo (2003) - 9/10
Independence Day (1996) - 3/10
Priest (2011) - 2/10
Super 8 (2011) - 7/10

Yes Man was ok, but everything so plain, the message so shallow and simple... I loved the girl though, absolutely charming! Pirates of the Caribbean - well, needless to say, Depp is incredibly incredible, I've always loved this one :D As I have always loved Finding Nemo, it's striking for me how beautifully "drawn" the Pixar worlds are... One of my all time animated favourites :) Independence day was just shit, in the characteristic american way. Priest? Stay away, bad in every way. And Super 8... I must admit that the only thing about this that dragged my attention was the really cool poster, and I decided to watch it. Nothing near a masterpiece of cinematography, pretty childish at times (not only because of the major characters being children), but overall very enjoyable =) I can recommend it for a casual evening watch, should be appropriate for a family I think :)
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

Restraint (2008) - 6/10
snajdig
Kuski

Post by snajdig »

get the gringo - 6/10 ( norm movie in it's genre )
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist (2008) - 7/10
Second time I watch this movie, and still as good and funny. The concept is sweet, the style is great!