IMDB votelists

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Re: IMDB votelists

Post by ville_j »

Actually, I also don't like watching movies that much. It's a bit hard for me to keep myself concentrated on the movie for the whole 2 hours or so. The movie has to be very interesting so that I can watch and enjoy it. And of course you can't be sure if the movie will be interesting enough. Many times I find myself wondering if I should even bother to download some movie for free, because it might not be exactly what I want it to be. I can't even remember when I watched a movie (that I haven't seen) last time, probably Iron Sky with my friends and I didn't enjoy it that much, but it was ok because I had company. When I am alone I think very carefully what movie I watch if I watch anything at all. A fun fact just popped in my mind: usually students are happy when at school in class teacher put some video on, but I didn't like that at all. I'd rather pretend to listen to teacher than pretend to watch a shitty movie.

But, there are some great movies that I enjoy and film industry is great to have, it's a form of art. Actually it's a bit shame that there are millions of movies and people have really put an effort into them, and I can't be bothered to watch them, not even for free.
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

i agree with villej 100%)
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

I do to, it's kind of impossble to know if a movie is gonna be something you like, and I don't wanna waste 2 hours on crap. Which is why I watch a lot of TV series instead, when a new ep comes of something you have already watched many eps of, you know you are gonna like it. And it's only 20 or 40 mins, I usually can't do the same thing for very long at a time, no matter what it is. But I do watch a lot of new movies still, it is worth it when you find those really great ones.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Is it just that you don't like fiction, or is it the sitting down you don't like? You might watch documentaries, or read books and stuff. I find some similarities in the way you describe yourself as you watch a film, the banalities of it all making it almost impossible to keep concentrated on it. Somehow this mood returned to me though, as I occasionally see a film nowadays.

Up: 7/10
Monty Python's Holy Grail: 7.5/10
FinMan
36mins club
Team: dat

Post by FinMan »

I also agree with ville_j kinda 100%. But I also have to say almost anything romantic in most of the cases makes it frustrating to watch, they make me want to skip to the next part. Most of the love scenes, especially the clichë'd ones, feel too artificial and lame. This is also why I don't download/watch movies that I know have this kinda stuff in them.

I have watched "a lot" of movies recently. I think total of 5 or 6 movies after Christmas or something.
snajdig
Kuski

Post by snajdig »

Taken 2 - 6/ 10 like get the gringo, quite good movie in it's genre, can't compare to other genres movies

Argo- 6/10 - IMO a bit overrated film but still quite good and worth watching

man on a ledge - 5.5/10

american psycho - 7.5/10 - sick performance by CHristian Bale ( Patrick Bateman ). This movie has a deeper
meaning than it seems for first. Liked it in it's unique way

Django Unchained - IMO overrated nohing special in this movie - 6/10

Public Enemies - 7/10 - I love movies which played between The Great and II. World War,
liked this movie so much. Jonny Depp was awesome, so Christiane Bale was. Contemporary places and such :D. Recommend this
Lousku: Snajdig, forgive all my subtle and not so subtle hostility towards you in the past. I can't go on harassing anyone who produces sach sweet wisdom.
snajdig
Kuski

Post by snajdig »

Finman, Zweq o.O My favourite genre is romance maybe I am girlish.. I know there are many senseless shit but there are some really good one.
Lousku: Snajdig, forgive all my subtle and not so subtle hostility towards you in the past. I can't go on harassing anyone who produces sach sweet wisdom.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

snajdig wrote:Finman, Zweq o.O My favourite genre is romance maybe I am girlish.. I know there are many senseless shit but there are some really good one.
I can´t watch these, but also I can not watch 95% action, 4% sex, 1% story. The best movie has to either have story that will "suck" you into the plot, or some really thoughtful legacy.

btw, is here on lauta some thread liek "book votelist"? I didn´t find any, and I would be like to share thoughts and opinions about books as well.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Wouldn't you rather like a books of the bible votelist? :)
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

there is a music votelist i made some time ago, but noone cared :<
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

teajay wrote:Wouldn't you rather like a books of the bible votelist? :)
ez, all of them 10/10. Done.

I just found a few films I have seen long ago and didn´t evaluate:

Blind side: 6/10 Do not like Sandra, but this film is kinda special.
Next: 6/10 Nick rocks, but it is the only thing that rocks in this movie.
saints and soldiers: 7/10 seen loong time ago, very moving film.
we were soldiers: 9/10 As above, but twice as much.
King arthur: 5/10 Way too simple
The last legion: 4/10 eh.. No art in here, but still...
Pirates of the Carribean 1: 8/10 Best PotC, Depp is just extreme :)
Pirates of the Carribean 2: 7/10 Enjoyed this much
Pirates of the Carribean 3: 7/10 Finally end.
Pirates of the Carribean 4: 5/10 Or not? This one was the worst one... unbalanced, imo overflown PotC film.
Deja Vu: 4/10 Meh..
The Book of Eli: 8/10 Maybe the only good Denzel film, mostly because of the idea.
300: 3/10 This looked fine at the first, but it is so darn nab film :)
Inception: 9/10 Great film.
I, robot: 7/10 I like robotics, even if the film quality isn´t so high, I enjoyed it.
Eagle eye: 4/10 This one is really bad.
Bourne Identity: 8/10 All Bourne films are max enjoyable, even they are 80% action, I like these.
Bourne Supremacy: 9/10 (Best one)
Bourne Ultimatum: 8/10

(edited values a bit)
Last edited by Tigro on 13 Mar 2013, 15:27, edited 1 time in total.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Exit through the gift shop: 9/10
(sry dublpost)
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

Tigro wrote:Exit through the gift shop: 9/10
(sry dublpost)
one more entry of yours in here and i will come over to your place and force your dad to become a satanist
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

Tigro, feels to me you're not using the full scale when rating. You put 5/10 on a "really bad" film and Bourne Identity is 7/10 and "max enjoyable" :) I used to do that too, I put 7/10 as long as it was viewable.

Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters - 5/10
Much more entertaining than I thought but gut feeling says 5/10. Too shallow, cliché and short. Acting was only so-so. Team Edward btw :p
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

Finally registered and went through some lists rating movies I had a clearish memory of. Surprising how many there were, over 100.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

John wrote:Tigro, feels to me you're not using the full scale when rating. You put 5/10 on a "really bad" film and Bourne Identity is 7/10 and "max enjoyable" :) I used to do that too, I put 7/10 as long as it was viewable.
thanks for this, I am going to rescale. Do you have any ideas to evaluate each star with some short comment to determine how many stars to give?
like:
1 star: Absolutely horrible, almost died at the end. (Twilight, Hannah Montana)
3 stars: ???
5 stars: average film = ??
7 stars: viewable film (i consider this average film, my bad.)
10 stars: superb film
John help pls.
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

for me:

1 - >:'( - KILL IT, KILL IT WITH FIRE
2 - >:( - shit shit shit shit...
3 - :( - bad/boring/infantile/etc
4 - :| - ok
5 - :) - good
6 - :D - very good
7 - :D! - thoroughly enjoyable!
8 - :OD! - great!!!
9 - :!!!! - astonishing film/one of the best I've seen/a masterwork
10 - :) - I can die in peace now/my life changed/WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO (not only an ingenious film, but also a film that has had a great personal impact on myself)
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

thanks Pawq, I like this one.
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Hehe, nice one Pawq. I couldn't do any better list than that. I guess 5/10 is average and I try to evaluate a bunch of factors like plot/characters/acting/soundtrack/style etc to see if it goes up or down from that 5/10.

Take Drive for example. I think the plot is really cool and simple, a stuntman by day and a getaway driver by night. The main character quite mystic, interesting, doesn't say much. Ryan Gosling is great, probably on of my favorite actors atm. The soundtrack is amazing, the songs are nice to listen to even outside the movie. The style of the film is very nice minimalistic with nice visuals. In my world so many factors are great that I can't help wanting to praise it and therefore put 9/10. Could as well put 10/10 really. 1½ years after seeing it I still talk about it as the coolest film I've seen lately.

Then take The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2. Again plot/characters/acting/soundtrack/style. I'm totally uninterested in vampires and werewolves, couldn't care less who kills what + I don't buy these ridiculous Volturi guys. Characters are perhaps not that bad, the love conflict between the three main characters is a timeless conflict. Acting, however, is shit. Worst of all is Kristen Stewart, I hate her acting in this movie (franchise). Soundtrack is not my cup of tea, it's quite clearly directed to the target audience of girls between 12 and 20. The style is too girlish (and rightfully so, it's just not for me). Too many fails that I can't help waiting for it to be over so that I can go home and put 2/10 on it. (Yeah I've seen worse).

Then there's gut feeling.

Don't even know if I stayed on topic. If not, I can still recommend you to see Drive, it's amazing! :D
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Very ontopic, I see this topic as a general film-related one :) I must admit I just don't get Drive. I've seen it a year ago maybe, and I gave it a 4. I remember that it was one of the most unexciting and uninspiring films I've seen, dull... The fact that I don't like Gosling probably contributed, but still, I'm surprised how radically different reviews this film is getting.

Time for a little post-oscar update I guess!

Argo (2012) - 7/10
A good one, but I wasn't particularly impressed :/ The worst thing was the striking americanism throughout the film. AND PLEASE, A TRUCK OVERTAKING A TAKING OFF JUMBO'S ENGINE, I ALMOST CRIED

Paperman (2012) - 7/10
Very lovely :) Only 7 due to the relatively minor experience, I wish it was a bit longer...

The Tree of Life (2011) - 8/10
What a mindfuck o,o In a way similar to The Fountain, I think it's a very good film, even if most people say that it's too insane to please :)

The Intouchables (2011) - 9/10
One of the best ones I've seen lately! Firstly, it was just hilarious! Secondly, finally seeing a film about good people was so exhilarating :))))

The Green Mile (1999) - 9/10
Feelings similar to those after The Intouchables! I adore Shawshank Redemption, but it's such a pleasant change to watch a masterpiece with only 2 minor villains, and plenty of good people doing good things to other good people =)))))))))))))) Very moving too, but I didn't cry like my mom expected :p

The Departed (2006) - 6/10
I'm probably too young and inexperienced to appreciate this, but WHERE THE HELL did the 4 main oscars come from?!??!! Unimpressive and disappointing, though acting was very decent.

Life of Pi (2012) - 4/10
I went to see it only because I had had a free ticket, and I must say it was exactly what I expected. A very beautiful film about a predictable, infantile and boring story. The oscar for special effects was probably deserved (I haven't seen the other contenders yet). Donno how wide cinematography is, almost everything was generated, so I don't know if it should count :< Music? Three or four great pieces, shouldn't be sufficient for the award. Directing? Maybe... I'm glad it didn't win anything else.

A bigger oscar update will arrive in April or May, because many of the films are going to be played in the student cinema, for now I know of Django, Les Miserables and Lincoln :))
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

my:

10 - perfect
9 - masterpiece
8 - pretty great
7 - good
6 - okiz
5 - maybe somehow barely worth watching
4 - bad
3 - shit
2 - why
1 - pls stop
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Yep, pretty much like lousku. The only difference for me between a 1 and a 2 is a 2 you can laugh at for being so incredibly bad, whilst for a 1 you can tell they really tried to make a good movie so you just cringe through the whole thing.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

At 2 you can laugh at it being so incredibly bad, at 1 you just cry...
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Thanks, this helped. I edited numbers in teh bigger post so it corresponds more to what did you say and to what i feel.
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

A true 10 never gets old, no matter how many times you watch it.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Get Smart (2008) - 7/10
Enjoyable film (don't mistake with good), but Hathaway could do anything to me, even make me give this film 10 :| Unbelievably enchanting

The Lion King (1994) - 10/10
I haven't seen it for like 10 years. And guess what? I still know it by heart, only the songs were in some fucked up language now :D Absolutely timeless, beautiful, moving, exhilarating... I could go on. Three options: 1. I had a really good taste 10 years ago, 2. The memories of watching this are so pleasant and emotional that I they transfer to the today's me, 3. it's simply a masterpiece. I don't mind any of these three :D
Also, long live Union Films, bringing all the best stuff to the big screen for 3 pounds <3

The Impossible (2012) - 3/10
Pffffffffff. I mean PFFFFFFFFF, what was that! Will anyone EVER make a good catastrophic drama? I suppose not...

Limitless (2011) - 7/10
Goooood. I liked it a lot, Cooper decent as usually, he has the thing... And the music! Gosh! Never heard of the so-called Paul Leonard-Morgan before, but the soundtrack was fantastic, I'm still listening to it right now! First good new sci-fi soundtrack I've heard in a long while!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HywFFry8Azk
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

The Game: 8/10
Seen for the second time, and realised that this is pretty good good film.
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

Searching for Sugar Man (2012): 10/10
One of the most interesting documentaries I have ever seen. What a story! And the sound track! 10/10 will watch again.
Rating it a solid 10 for now until I see something that takes my breath away more that this one did.
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

The Thing (1982) - 7/10 strong
The Host (2013) - 3/10 weak
Premium Rush - 6/10
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Tigro wrote:The Game: 8/10
Seen for the second time, and realised that this is pretty good good film.
I've seen a short glimpse on TV lately, but I think I'm going to watch it some time, thanks for the reminder :)
Xiphias wrote:Searching for Sugar Man (2012): 10/10
One of the most interesting documentaries I have ever seen. What a story! And the sound track! 10/10 will watch again.
Rating it a solid 10 for now until I see something that takes my breath away more that this one did.
Almost saw it in a cinema yesterday, but chose the Oz, because of a girl friend. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing it, hopefully very soon, I'm hearing all good references! Yours included :)
John wrote:The Thing (1982) - 7/10 strong
The Host (2013) - 3/10 weak
I have still yet to see The Thing, but The Host... I've seen a trailer yesterday, and I'm not even marginally surprised by your low rating. Must have been pain watching it, just those silver Lotuses... :>

Now, it's been a while... Lots of average films seen on TV, an unusual spree of low-to-mid ratings, the only positively outstanding films being The Help and Hugo:

Went the Day Well? (1942) - 6/10
The Bourne Legacy (2012) - 5/10
A Clockwork Orange (1971) - 7/10
The Brave One (2007) - 3/10
The Help (2011) - 9/10
Broken City (2013) - 6/10
Event Horizon (1997) - 6/10
16 Blocks (2006) - 5/10
Shame (2011) - 4/10
Hugo (2011) - 8/10
Hotel Transylvania (2012) - 2/10
Oz the Great and Powerful (2013) - 7/10

I was really enchanted by The Help, fantastic acting and a wonderful story. Broken City had a great soundtrack from my buddy, Atticus Ross, Event Horizon had some truly mesmerising, wallpaper magnitude pictures but and an interesting story, but a rather disappointing screenplay. Hugo was a clearly a masterpiece coming from a very experienced specialist (Scorsese), and was thoroughly enjoyable. Hotel Transylvania is arguably the dullest animated film I have ever seen, and Oz was a pleasure to watch! I continue to struggle to comprehend how handsome James Franco is, and Rachel Weisz is a real charmer, but it's the visuals that made it most worthwhile! Definitely a proper 3D film, don't even think about seeing it in 2D! Entertaining story too, but far from jaw-dropping (especially the Star Wars scenes were out of place).

Summer term coming soon, and with it the new set of filmography at Union Films (including Django Unchained and Les Miserables), so the trend of rating will soon make its turn! :)
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Die Welle (The Wave) 2008: 6/10
This film has extrelmy good potential, intriguing plot and everything worth 8/10-9/10, however, these german films are still not recovered since 1945, they are all the same. Decent 6 points is I think pretty generous from me. It is surely worth watching just for the plot, even the screenplay etc. isn't as good as expected.

Edit: also seen some films lately, mostly fantasy/sci-fi. Here's ratings:

Camp Rock 1: 1/10 I regret I have seen this.
Thor: 4/10 Had much more expectance
Dark Knight: 8/10 Very good Nolan film
Batman Begins: 6/10 This one... isn't bad
Stardust: 10/10 If you didn't see this, better watch it. But prepare for a fairytale, with some love and witches, fallen stars and homosexual pirates. It's simply hilarious!
Golden Compass: 4/10 After a good book, I have seen this and was a bit disgusted.
Chronicles of Narnia 1: 5/10 Better read books.
Chronicles of Narnia 3: 6/10 Better read books.
Ultraviolet: 2/10 This is less than a shit.
District 9: 7/10 Yeh, this film is nicely directed, good screenplay, just way too much swearwords :D but good alien-related film.
Last edited by Tigro on 8 Apr 2013, 16:07, edited 1 time in total.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Good feedback Tigro, thanks! I wish more people were as active and as engaged in this topic :)
Also, I wish you were watching more good films, most of the ratings you post go to an avoidlist, rather than a watchlist (or rather I've seen most of those you like) ;)
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Pawq wrote:Also, I wish you were watching more good films,...
I think I select films way too much, my excel graph looks like this (I think I have too much 8/10 and 9/10 films, and too littel 4/10, 3/10 etc films.):

When I am going too watch something, I first check what kind of film is it, and then watch. This applies to cinema films, DVD buying, and so on, but when I turn on TV randomly, you never know what will you see. These are those red numbers..
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

I do pretty much the same. Even when I'm about to watch something on TV, I first check the rating on IMDb and I don't watch it if it's below, say, 5.

My "graph" looks like this:
10 - 17
9 - 28
8 - 56
7 - 61
6 - 53
5 - 34
4 - 28
3 - 15
2 - 6
1 - 1

so only 17% in 1-4 and 57% in 6-8. So, I clearly try to watch good movies, but it's kinda hard to find a really exceptional one :p
299 btw o/
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Road to Perdition (2002): 8/10
This film is surely worth watching, old-style gangsta, good coloring, perfect soundtrack, star cast, interesting (?) plot, just the end was exactly as I was expecting. Heading for the Godfather now. (Yes, I havent seen it yet, as well as many other popular films).
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Added to watchlist) I've seen maybe Godfather 1 some ages ago, gotta watch all of them too! I've been thinking about it yesterday :p

Margin Call (2011) - 6/10
Colombiana (2011) - 4/10
The Next Three Days (2010) - 5/10
Salt (2010) - 7/10

and an impsy spree of 8's:

Blue Valentine (2010) - 8/10
I've never seen such a realistic and faithful depiction of a couple's lives. Great acting too, maybe I can get to like Gosling after all...?

Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close (2011) - 8/10

I Am Legend (2007) - 9/10 -> 8/10
First watch after reading the book... People shouldn't expect it to be faithful, otherwise they'll be disappointed. Completely different than the book, even the main story, but I still think it's a very good piece of cinematography :)

The Terminator (1984) - 8/10
Undoubtedly a classic of sci-fi, awesome! I've always loved it :)

Finding Neverland (2004) - 8/10
Why can't people make more films like this!!! So beautiful :)

My Fair Lady (1964) - 8/10
First pretty old film that I liked so much!!! I was really impressed. Had it not been the middle of the night after a whole day of travel, I probably would appreciate it even more, but I loved it nevertheless. Both Audrey Hepburn and Rex Harrison were just perfect! And the music/songs :))) It was the first Hepburn film I've seen. I'm sure I'd be a great fan if she was contemporary, no wonder people loved her back then :)
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

thanks for tips!
really colombiana only 4/10? i would give it... hm... 5. :)
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

yeah well :D 5 is neutral for me, kinda meh, and several moments in Colombiana were a tad irritating, hence 4 ;) a bit below neutral
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Pawq, give 12 Angry Men a try if you want old time movie gold. I didn't want it to end, such a pleasure to watch.

Oblivion - 4/10
Sorry Mr.Cruise and Mr.Freeman, your movie didn't appeal to me. Too much wannabe high tech mumbo jumbo, also if I wanted to see people performing their trade of work I could as well sit on a bench in my local park watching people mowing the lawn. Too much of that drone mechanic shit. Megadisappointed, I thought it was gonna be a solid 6 at least. Might give it another try tho because I might have missed something when I fell ASLEEP!
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Hah, I've added 12 Angry Men to the watchlist just today, I'll definitely watch it soon :) Though I'm still not sure whether it's the right time for me to start catching up with the old film. I've only just started comprehending and appreciating the modern films, maybe 3 years ago or so, and I'm not quite sure whether me and my taste are grown up enough to be able to fully appreciate the old stuff. When did you start watching old films John?

Also you saddened me with your Oblivion verdict a little, I was hoping it could be a first good sci-fi in a while :/
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

John Q (2002): 6/10 actually this film is nothing superb, didnt even expect to be. Denzel is decent actor imo, however, this movie is not somehow special. I'd give it like 4 for technical things, and 8 for the plot itself, cuz that was the thing I tried to look at while watching this. I liked the plot, i even shed some tears at teh end :) so 6 is good choice here.
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

To Pawq: I started being more interested in films after graduating from school in 2005. Had more spare time and spent much of it watching movies (and Elma).

Jagten (2012)
Very good drama.

Edit: It was so good that I forgot to give it a rating ;o 7/10

Edit #2:
G.I. Joe - Retaliation - 5/10
Better than expected... Expected shit but it turned out to be a decent action flick.

Warm Bodies - 4/10
Funny at times but pretty slow, zombies doesn't exactly deliver their lines quick.

The Impossible - 7/10
Liked it. It's a strong movie but could've gotten an 8 if I hadn't gotten the feeling of over-sentimentality.
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Nitro Circus the Movie - 6/10
Not much difference from the original TV show except for slightly more expensive stunts and HiDef. That said it had some "Oh shit"-moments. It's worth seeing if you're a fan of the show.

Mama - 6/10
One of the most creepy horror films I've seen. I really dislike horror films but usually I can endure them. About 1/3 through this movie I started to think about bailing out for real ;D Quite OK story but some parts of the movie could've been better (SEMI SPOILER: the ending).
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Octopussy (1983) - 6/10
Damn! It looked like a parody of Bond films at times :D But enjoyable =)

A View to a Kill (1985) - 3/10
This, on the other hand, was boring and unentertaining. I'm glad it's the last one with Moore, finally. Can't wait for Brosnan!

Gone Baby Gone (2007) - 6/10
A disappointment, really. Especially the acting :( Fortunately enough, the last quarter of an hour made up for the rest, especially the moral dillema the main character was set against - very thought-provoking.

The Matrix (1999) - 10/10
I've seen it for the first time in years... IT'S PERFECT! The word awesome swirled through my head in almost every scene. Simply the perfect sci-fi, quite probably the best I've ever seen (besides Star Wars, of course :> ). Great anticipation for the two sequels.

Hitchcock (2012) - 7/10
Very decent. I don't know Hitchcock's films at all yet, but maybe it's a good thing, this encouraged me to dig a bit. I think Hopkins and Mirren were both great, and I've finally came to a definitive conclusion about Scarlett Johanson - I hate her :)

Off I go to see Les Miserables in a few whiles! High expectations...
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

thanks for references, I remeber matrix pretty well, but would need to rewatch them to rate properly :)
Just seen X-men Origins: Wolverine (2009): 5/10 this is strange film, too infantile for me, but as long as I like X-men comics, this was pretty nice, but batman surely better :)
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Hmm, I've seen some of the new (Jackman) X-Men films, I think the first of the series, like a few years ago, and I quite liked them o,o I should probably watch all of them some time... TOo much to see god damn it! :D

Les Misérables (2012) - 7/10
I haven't expected it to end up as such a love story (I probably should have), but it was enjoyable nevertheless =) I'm not particularly fond of musicals, but obviously they happen to be good, as was this one :) I love Jackman! And Hathaway :>
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

The Place Beyond the Pines - 8/10
Great movie, the best I've seen in a while. Kind of like Drive (Ryan Gosling in both) but with more drama instead of coolness. Really liked the performances of Gosling and Cooper. Eva Mendez was good too. I could watch the movie again right now. So why no 10? One third of the film lost momentum compared to the other two. Also Ray Liotta, how can he not be cool?
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

trivia: I've never seen any Matrix films.

In fact, my movie watching history is appalling. Most things you consider staple must-watch stuff, i haven't seen.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

In fact, my movie watching history is appalling. Most things you consider staple must-watch stuff, i haven't seen.

Gosh SmaXa, keep it that way please! I couldn't be more proud of you now! Just don't care about this stupid staring.
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

I can't help but imagine berh spending all of his spare time standing outside movie theaters with a huge sign saying YOU GUYS ARE WASTING YOUR TIME. Oh how ironic that would be.
39:37,91