IMDB votelists

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

Madness
35mins club

Re: IMDB votelists

Post by Madness »

:DDD
snajdig
Kuski

Post by snajdig »

++ Xar :D
Lousku: Snajdig, forgive all my subtle and not so subtle hostility towards you in the past. I can't go on harassing anyone who produces sach sweet wisdom.
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

<3
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

Xarthok wrote:I can't help but imagine berh spending all of his spare time standing outside movie theaters with a huge sign saying YOU GUYS ARE WASTING YOUR TIME. Oh how ironic that would be.
quite an excellent picture, it does feel bizzarre, but i can't do anything about it apart from being honest and expressing my another piece of genuine anger whenever a movie is being watched

and wasting the time is just some 20% of the issue, the main point is that staring at some moving guys saying over and over the less or more same prepared words, sentences, with forced face grimaces is horribly ridiculous, almost touching the border of infinite ridiculousness
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

It's just storytelling. Too bad if you can't connect and/or appreciate what's being told in these movies or plays or whatever, you're missing out on some quality stuff sometimes, but this constant ranting is getting very old. Move on and put your energy into something else.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

What amuses me most, is that you complain about other people wasting time. In fact you waste your own time and your own nerves on complaining on things that shouldn't concern you. Quite a hypocrisy. As John said, "move on and put your energy into something else."
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

abruzzi wrote:almost touching the border of infinite ridiculousness
Genius concept, you could make a movie about that.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Gangster Squad (2013) - 5/10
Asterix & Obelix: Mission Cleopatra (2002) - 8/10
Airplane! (1980) - 8/10
The Full Monty (1997) - 4/10
Django Unchained (2012) - 6/10
Flight (2012) - 7/10
Gangster Squad was ok, Asterix & Obelix: Mission Cleopatra is one of my favourite comedies ever (the polish dubbing is awesome), Airplane! just the same.
The Full Monty was not a complete waste of time, but it was quite boring and little amusing.
Django was a huge disappointment. Waltz was incredible, but for me Tarantino just crossed the reasonability threshold once again :(
I liked Flight though. Probably as realistic as a film of this sort can ever get, I just wished it was more a history of a pilot than a history of a drunk.

The Matrix Reloaded (2003) - 10/10
The Matrix Revolutions (2003) - 8/10
Probably the most epic series I've ever seen! (Apart from Star Wars, once again.) Reloaded was jawdroppingly astonishing, just like the first one. Revolutions was slightly disappointing (I'd say little innovative and predictable...), but still EPIC. Awesomeness is just flowing through those films o,o
It's still like a downhill to me; in scale 1-10 it would be 12 for The Matrix, 10 for Reloaded and 8 for Revolutions, so balancing at a round 10 :D So happy to have them on DVD <3
Zero
Kuski

Post by Zero »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072684/?ref_=sr_1 Barry Lyndon 9/10

This biography type of movie tells the story of Barry Lyndon. I have to say that first it felt pretty weird and almost boring but once i got into it i started to like it more and more and in the end i absolutely loved it... I highly recommend watching it.
Rank #1 battler and the champion of BOSS cup :gaa:
36 club since 02/2024
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Paw reminded me Asterix and Obelix, saw three movies of those (Cesar, Cleopatra, Olympics). Olympics suxed, but Cleopatre is surely one of the best comedies ever seen, as well as slovak dubbing is at least as good as polish is. Its dubbed perfectly, so I rofl every time I see it. Contra Cesar was really good too, it's classic. Cesar 8/10 Cleo 9/10 Olymp 6/10.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Tigro wrote:Paw reminded me Asterix and Obelix, saw three movies of those (Cesar, Cleopatra, Olympics). Olympics suxed, but Cleopatre is surely one of the best comedies ever seen, as well as slovak dubbing is at least as good as polish is. Its dubbed perfectly, so I rofl every time I see it. Contra Cesar was really good too, it's classic. Cesar 8/10 Cleo 9/10 Olymp 6/10.
Hah, according to my memory this is pretty much the exact description I would give of the three :D
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

The Italian Job (2003): 10/10 this is film I like very very much. I know it´s not really high quality, but it somehow pleases my mind every time I see it.
The Marine 2 (2009): 3/10 Just shit. Only the girl is pretty.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Artificial Intelligence - A.I. (2001): 7/10 Regarding this film was made in 2001, it´s pretty nice piece of work, however, it was a bit of an overkill towards the end, maybe because I expected something else concerning the plot. The best on this film was certainly Haley Osment, his facial expressions were extremly satisfying, masterfuly acted. A 7 out of 10 is pretty nice number here. Worth watching at least for Haley´s performance.
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

django unchained - 9/10 classy
39:37,91
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Evil Dead (2013) -6/10
Pretty decent horror.

Olympus Has Fallen - 6/10
Pretty decent action.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Anastasia (1997) - 5/10
Awesome story, but meh film

The Notebook (2004) - 9/10
From what I recall this is the third film ever that made me cry. I expected it to be just a meh romance, but dear God, it was one of the most beautiful and touching stories I've ever seen. The best bit is that I actually guessed what would happen very near the beginning of the film. Still, when they showed it, I just cried! MORE PLEASE. Also, Rachel McAdams was amazing, and Gosling continues climbing on the ladder of my appreciation :)

Lincoln (2012) - 8/10
Great film, I don't think it was overrated. Also, I think Day-Lewis was awarded the oscar deservedly, truly outstanding performance!

Cloud Atlas (2012) - 8/10
Great! But I won't say more until I see it again, with subtitles :)

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012) - 9/10
I remember someone giving their definition of a 10 - "perfect". Well, this film was pretty damn perfect for me. As good as it could get. It just didn't do one thing that is my requirement for a 10 - didn't drop me to my knees. Still, great piece of cinematography. And surprisingly, it wasn't longing, despite the fact that it's just 1/3 of a book that's much shorter than any of the LOTR books :)

And finally, the challenge of watching all the Bond films in one academic year (or precisely, before the exams, starting on Monday :D), is complete!

The Living Daylights (1987) - 4/10
Licence to Kill (1989) - 7/10
GoldenEye (1995) - 8/10
Tomorrow Never Dies (1997) - 6/10
The World Is Not Enough (1999) - 7/10
Die Another Day (2002) - 8/10

I LOVE BROSNAN!!! He's just a perfect Bond for me, I wish he starred more films... I liked Dalton as well, but damn, lasting through the 80's was pain... And Brosnan's girls, dear God! Of the 8 girls he had, 6 are on the top of my list, I was in love so many times while watching these :D I guess it's just the period that's almost contemporary - different fashion, different hairstyles etc... Times change :)

Summing up:
1. Brosnan
2. Connery
3. Moore
4. Craig
5. Dalton

10000^10000. Lazenby :S

Best songs - Golden Eye and Goldfinger, both absolutely brilliant <3
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

Pawq wrote:Anastasia (1997) - 5/10
Awesome story, but meh film

The Notebook (2004) - 9/10
From what I recall this is the third film ever that made me cry. I expected it to be just a meh romance, but dear God, it was one of the most beautiful and touching stories I've ever seen. The best bit is that I actually guessed what would happen very near the beginning of the film. Still, when they showed it, I just cried! MORE PLEASE. Also, Rachel McAdams was amazing, and Gosling continues climbing on the ladder of my appreciation :)

Lincoln (2012) - 8/10
Great film, I don't think it was overrated. Also, I think Day-Lewis was awarded the oscar deservedly, truly outstanding performance!

Cloud Atlas (2012) - 8/10
Great! But I won't say more until I see it again, with subtitles :)

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012) - 9/10
I remember someone giving their definition of a 10 - "perfect". Well, this film was pretty damn perfect for me. As good as it could get. It just didn't do one thing that is my requirement for a 10 - didn't drop me to my knees. Still, great piece of cinematography. And surprisingly, it wasn't longing, despite the fact that it's just 1/3 of a book that's much shorter than any of the LOTR books :)

And finally, the challenge of watching all the Bond films in one academic year (or precisely, before the exams, starting on Monday :D), is complete!

The Living Daylights (1987) - 4/10
Licence to Kill (1989) - 7/10
GoldenEye (1995) - 8/10
Tomorrow Never Dies (1997) - 6/10
The World Is Not Enough (1999) - 7/10
Die Another Day (2002) - 8/10

I LOVE BROSNAN!!! He's just a perfect Bond for me, I wish he starred more films... I liked Dalton as well, but damn, lasting through the 80's was pain... And Brosnan's girls, dear God! Of the 8 girls he had, 6 are on the top of my list, I was in love so many times while watching these :D I guess it's just the period that's almost contemporary - different fashion, different hairstyles etc... Times change :)

Summing up:
1. Brosnan
2. Connery
3. Moore
4. Craig
5. Dalton

10000^10000. Lazenby :S

Best songs - Golden Eye and Goldfinger, both absolutely brilliant <3

ur growing my anger dude...
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

I'm glad! But you have to wait for a couple of weeks now. I'm going to watch an absolute crapload of films after the exams end ;)
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

argo 8/10
winter's bone 6/10
transcendent man 8/10
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Star Trek Into Darkness - 6/10
The Great Gatsby - 4/10

The two first movies in Biosommar 2013
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

Mindfuck movie bigtime - Trance (2013)
Saw it in Hong Kong in cimema, it seems that the first date for it in europe is June 5th, anyway 7/10!
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

culinko wrote:Iron Man 3 (2013) - 9/10
Seeing it soon!
John wrote:The Great Gatsby - 4/10
Seeing this one soon too! I was a little saddened with this rating :/
Xarthok wrote:winter's bone 6/10
Seeing this one soon as well! I hope I'll like it more than you did. Was Lawrence any good?

Being John Malkovich (1999) - 6/10
Memento (2000) - 9/10
Searching for Sugar Man (2012) - 4/10
Tangled (2010) - 7/10
The Legend of 1900 (1998) - 10/10

Being John Malkovich had an amazing concept, but the story with all its tangled up love themes was too fucked up for me. Memento was bewildering, one of the most inventive films I saw lately! Searching for Sugar Man was in turn a huge disappointment. I guess I just don't like documentaries, but even the music did nothing to impress me :/ Tangled had been one of my most anticipated animated films and it lived up to the expectation :) Very amusing and pretty, I'd gladly recommend it to anyone keen on animated pictures. Also, tonight I finally watched The Legend of 1900 after at least a couple of years (I think), and it was absolutely mesmerising! Quite possibly the most marvellous tale I had ever seen on screen. The magnificent soundtrack contributed immensely to the enchantment this film laid on me :)

Some of Tomasz Baginski's short animated films:
The Cathedral (2002) - 7/10
Fallen Art (2004) - 6/10
Deszcz (1997) - 5/10
The Kinematograph (2009) - 6/10
Animated History of Poland (2010) - 5/10

If anyone can be bothered spending a few minutes for a good laugh within a very absorbing experience:
The Cathedral
Fallen Art
You won't regret it! :)
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

Watched leon the pro for the first time. Maybe not the most believable plot under the sun, but if you don't take it too seriously (but still seriously enough) it's a great movie I ghuess.
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

Zweq: having seen Leon as a kid (2 or more times) it left a pretty hard impact on me, 10/10. Would probably have a similar impact today

Pawq: Lawrence was great tbh, just the plot itself wasn't as captivating as I would have expected

The Kids Are All Right - 7/10
Flight - 7/10
Good Will Hunting - 8/10 quite touching but not as much as A Beautiful Mind
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

heheh "please open the door" scene was one of the best scenes i have ever seen, if not the best :)
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

The Artist - 8/10
What's Eating Gilbert Grape - 8/10 - blown away by young DiCaprio's performance. whoa
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Xarthok wrote:What's Eating Gilbert Grape - 8/10 - blown away by young DiCaprio's performance. whoa
I want to see that quite badly for young DiCaprio and Depp, I'm curious what they were like back then!

In the meantime...

1492: Conquest of Paradise (1992) - 6/10
Watched solely for the flawless soundtrack by Vangelis, not bad film.

Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2007) - 8/10
Damn, what a surprise! I came to watch this quite randomly, mostly because of Depp, I didn't even know it is a musical. And what a musical it is! I was honestly quite startled by the songs and the music behind them! In spite of Burton-typical orange blood scenes, it was still a tremendously impressive film for me, so glad I watched it :)
snajdig
Kuski

Post by snajdig »

Se7en - excellent, I recommend it! 7-8/10

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114369/?re ... 4851178527
Last edited by snajdig on 2 Jun 2013, 15:35, edited 1 time in total.
Lousku: Snajdig, forgive all my subtle and not so subtle hostility towards you in the past. I can't go on harassing anyone who produces sach sweet wisdom.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Dragonball: Evolituion - :lmao: woot? such shit. 2/10 but i laughed a lot. Mainly because seeing how shit it is. Never watch this pls.
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

Fast & Furious 6 - 8/10
Awesome movie, better than expected. Actionpacked and many funny moments.
Loved the ending, you will see ;)
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

Beware of Mr. Baker [2012] - 8 / 10
Very interesting documentary about the drummer Ginger Baker.
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Tigro wrote:Dragonball: Evolituion - :lmao: woot? such shit. 2/10 (...) Never watch this pls.
You got it :D

Side Effects (2013) - 5/10

Million Dollar Baby (2004) - 6/10
Nice acting through and out, but why are all the boxing films exactly the same :(((

American History X (1998) - 7/10
Very heavy topic, but tackled impressively.

Ray (2004) - 7/10
Gooooooooood =) Foxx is incredible, what a challenge it must be for an actor to copy an entire person, including his blindness, walk, speech, expressions...

Iron Man (2008) - 8/10
Iron Man 2 (2010) - 5/10
Iron Man 3 (2013) - 5/10
The first one is awesome! I love the development of the Iron Man phenomenon. In the second one they made it too common, and the film was too typical. The third one reminded me of Transformers, which is not good.....
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Thanks Pawq,
I am gonna watch Ironman 3 in the cinema in a few days, so I will rate it soon.
Million dollars Baby: Agreed.
Ray: Agreement again. Good piece.
Side effects: I want to watch this definitely, at least because depression and this psychiatric stuff is pretty common in our family. I know it doesn´t have to be exact like documentary film, but still.
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

Tigro wrote:Thanks Pawq,
I am gonna watch Ironman 3 in the cinema in a few days, so I will rate it soon.
Million dollars Baby: Agreed.
Ray: Agreement again. Good piece.
Side effects: I want to watch this definitely, at least because depression and this psychiatric stuff is pretty common in our family. I know it doesn´t have to be exact like documentary film, but still.
how can depression happen in a strongly religious family? doesn't Jesus show you the way to go every day etc.? just clap your hands, pray and be happy... or maybe your family abuses watching movies and that's the answer
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

I think Side Effects was a very mediocre film Tigro :( Go ahead and watch it, maybe you'll enjoy it more, but it was very dull and uninteresting for me :/ Anyway, going to Poland for a couple of weeks, so see you guys in a while! :)
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Pawq wrote:I think Side Effects was a very mediocre film Tigro :( Go ahead and watch it, maybe you'll enjoy it more, but it was very dull and uninteresting for me :/
k10x.
btw, dunno if you are interested, but I was making my own list of seen films in Ms Excel, with some primitive sorting macros. Use if you want.
http://kopasite.net/up/nccv9vn7e65ut21/ ... telist.xls
edit: trust my macros, no malicious content.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

oOooo nice, thx!! here is my imdb list, if you're interested :)
http://www.imdb.com/user/ur24253469/ratings
should be visible
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

The Kid (1921) - 9/10
The Cabin In The Woods (2012) - 7/10
Blade Runner (1982) - 9/10
ElrondMcBong
Kuski

Post by ElrondMcBong »

Bullet to the Head 8/10 Classic Stallone an epic dialogs :D
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Fast & Furious 6 (2013) - 3/10
Almost no driving at all, what had they done to this franchise...

The Great Gatsby (2013) - 7/10
najs

L.A. Confidential (1997) - 8/10
Awesome! Frankly, it will probably be my ultimate benchmark for crime films from now on. Good in every sense, recommended as a must-see :)

Mission: Impossible (1996) - 7/10
Mission: Impossible II (2000) - 4/10
Mission: Impossible III (2006) - 5/10
Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (2011) - 4/10
The first one was very good, the rest pretty bad. Cruise is awesome though! :D
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

Limitless (2011) - 7/10
City Lights (1931) - 8/10
Primer (2004) - 8/10
Timecrimes (2007) - 9/10
Triangle (2009) - 8/10
Silver Linings Playbook (2012) - 7/10
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

Lion King (1994) - 9/10
Ruby Sparks (2012) - 8/10
Safety Not Guaranteed (2012) - 7/10
Kazan
34mins club

Post by Kazan »

Man of Steel - 3/10
World War Z - 6/10
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

From Up On Poppy Hill - 6/10
Not the same Studio Ghibli magic.
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

21 & Over (2013) - 3/10 blah first bad movie i've made myself watch for some reason in ages
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

John
first 35tt

Post by John »

"Los amantes pasajeros" / "I'm So Excited" - 3/10
Pedro Almodóvars newest movie. Not interesting, not funny, not entertaining.

The Internship - 6/10
It was just as I expected, an easy-to-watch comedy pretty much following the same plot as any other movie of this kind, though it entertained me. I watched it in a pretty crowded theatre so it was easy to laugh along with the others.

The Way Way Back - 8/10
Lovely little gem of a movie. A mix of drama, comedy and feel-good about a young boy struggling to fit in. Sam Rockwell's character was great and the acting from the young lead actor was solid. Strongly recommended!

"Tyskungen" / "The Secret Child" - 5/10
Swedish drama / thriller about events during World War II that make their mark through time all the way to present day.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

John wrote:The Way Way Back - Strongly recommended!
Yes, sir!

The Descendants (2011) - 9/10
Lovely!

The Hurt Locker (2008) - 8/10
Along Full Metal Jacket probably the best war film I've seen. But one like no others :) It was a pleasure watching it. Also Jeremy Renner was quite impressive, I'm beginning to like him.

Despicable Me 2 (2013) - 6/10
Some hilarious moments, but the overall quality of the film as a whole is poor :/

Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters (2013) - 5/10
This was weird! There were some aspects that were awesome (the music, the leading duo - Gemma Arterton and Renner again), and plenty that I, frankly, hated (how the film was put together?!). That doesn't happen very often. Unfortunately the bad parts were a majority, but in many cases they were bad in an amusing way, which gave me plenty of laughs - hence 5 :) Also I didn't expect anything more than a simple debrainer, so I'm not disappointed :)
P.S. Gemma looked really najs in those skinny black trousers!
http://www.pathe.nl/gfx_content/1still/ ... s-high.jpg
http://www.silenzio-in-sala.com/immagin ... _37880.jpg