IMDB votelists

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

Tigro
Kuski

Re: IMDB votelists

Post by Tigro »

Requiem for a dream (2000): 8/10 Moving film. Disgusting, but moving. Despite I don't like Darren's films, this one is well made. Surely left something in me.
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

I haven't seen all Darren's movies (missing Pi and his early shorts) but I like The Fountain the most I think. Black Swan 2nd and Noah very last.

Divergent - 4/10
Better than Twilights. Bothered me that the brother is the same actor as her counterpart in Faults in Our Stars :/

The Other Woman - 6/10
Pretty funny but not as joke heavy as I thought. Some scenes was different (and less funny) compared to the trailer.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

John wrote:I haven't seen all Darren's movies (missing Pi and his early shorts) but I like The Fountain the most I think. Black Swan 2nd and Noah very last.
yeah, I find The Fountain as his best film, but i loathe black swan, so bad imo.

Gonna watch divergent soon.. And will go to new Xmen definitely.

And finally watched Pulp Fiction (1994), giving it some 6. Was ok, some Tarantino stuff, like always, nice bloody scenes when you dont expect it, some fun, good cast, but still dont get why it has 9/10 on imdb.
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

Went to see Godzilla, had no expectations. Pretty overwhelming movie =)
Was surprised in a good way, cool effects, good story. I would say it's in the same class, if not higher, as the goodie from 1998!

Godzilla (2014) - 8/10
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

I thought really boring(( didnt see anything special with it at all. if i didn't see it in cinema i probably wouldn't have finished it)
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

Igge wrote:I thought really boring(( didnt see anything special with it at all. if i didn't see it in cinema i probably wouldn't have finished it)
Maybe I have easier to apprecihate things more =)

I see all positive things, trying not to be too judicial. Of course I see flaws and stuff that could have been made better, but no film is perfect.
This one was really good however. You say it was boring, I say nay!
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

I just have a hard time believing in the "super perfect good-looking american soldier saves the world and his family and a random child along the way and almost dies but then survives and perfect ending he is hero and ultra perfect" thing. It just makes me bored, cause you already know how its gonna end from watching the first 20 minutes of the movie.

Kinda like: I prefer Donald Duck over Mickey Mouse because Donald has flaws and doesn't always win in the end. Mickey is always perfect and the smartest and the best at everything and always comes out on top.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Just returned from cinema, watched X-men: Days of Future Past (2k14): 8/10 wow, I enjoyed every part of it, action at start, some mindgames at middle, and good climax at the end, plus some funny stuff, beautiful Jennifer Lawrence, great cast overall, flying stadium and much more. Good music, pretty epic, but not that recognisable, but good. Plot was surprisingly over my expectations, since i expected some straightforward shit like Marvel uses to make, but this was more of an Inception-like story. I will definitely watch this again, became my favourite from this franchise.
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

Good recommendation, I'll surely watch it at some point!
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Silver Linings Playbook (2012): 8/10 When people have some disorders, it can be hard and sour, but sometimes it results in extremly funny situations. Drama with bits of comedy; sad and funny. I liked it.

Spoiler
Ending was a bit predictable, what would one expect when a guy meets a girl, but in overall, I really enjoyed it.

Good faces to see, DeNiro made his role great, was LOLing at him really hard at times.
Kazan
34mins club

Post by Kazan »

Godzilla - 05/10
X-men: Days of Future Past - 7/10
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

Kazan wrote:Godzilla - 05/10
Which Godzilla did you see? There is one from 1998 too.
Kazan
34mins club

Post by Kazan »

Bjenn wrote:
Kazan wrote:Godzilla - 05/10
Which Godzilla did you see? There is one from 1998 too.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Elysium (2013): 3/10 I expected MUCH MUCH more from a Matt Damon film. The idea itself seemed interesting at the first glance, but it came out to be so shitty awkward primitive film.

I Am Number Four (2011): 3/10 Twilight for boys. I remember that I wanted to watch this in a cinema when it came out back in '11, but they didn't open that day for some reason. I am happy that i spared my money for such a (simply bad) movie.

Veronica Mars (2014): 6/10 It is axxually closing to 7, but I missed that little bit which would give it 7, so I felt it would be too generous. Eventhough, this movie was pretty OK, I kinda liked it, didn't see a detective investigative movie in a while. I always experience problems while watching films like this (of Agatha Christie's Poirot etc..), because I can't quickly link the name with the act. Who did what? This guy killed that girl? That guy is innocent? I have a little mess in this kind of things at first, but maybe if I watched this for a second time, I would be able to give it a 7. Pretty actress; I liked the narrative she was speaking, which guided us through the film time to time. I found V's personallity pictured much more thoroughly than any other character's there, and it's done pretty decently. Direcly and indirectly as well. So I can say this movie was good.
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Quick post without links cuz have to sleep:

The Lunchbox - 6/10
A Million Ways to Die in the West - 6/10
Godzilla - 3/10
Fell asleep, really boring movie and bad 3D. Also ultra stupid.
Kazan
34mins club

Post by Kazan »

Edge of Tomorrow (2014) - 9/10 omg so good. Never seen such good director work and everything really. forgot about everything from first minutes) would give this movie 10/10 but it wasn't innovative or super impressive, just perfect :)
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Thanks for recommendation Kazan! I have heard mixed feelings about this movie, gotta watch it then!
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Edge of Tomorrow definitely worth watching, a surprisingly high 7/10 from me.

Fault in our Stars - 6/10
Good and gripping but I noticed a few things that made it over sentimental to me.

22 Jump Street - 4/10
Weird rating here. 4/10 but I would actually recommend it. It doesn't try to be good it's just a random somewhat funny comedy.
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Transformers 4: Age of Extinction - 2/10
Another bad installment of over-worked CGI robot battles with no plot, character development or substance. Decent amount of product placement too. From the top of my head at least Red Bull, Rolls Royce, Gucci, Victoria's Secret.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

oh
my
GOSH.

Thanks John, was considering going to the cinema.

Jumaji (1995): I thought it would be better, but not so good. 4/10
Green Lantern (2011): Bad plot, a bit of graphics, but overall just a ridiculous crap. 2/10
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (2014) - 8/10
Best movie of the summer...
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Lucy (2014): 4/10 Well, it is worth 4. Maybe a little less, but I really like Scarlett Johansson. If you have seen Limitless (6/10) already, this doesn't seem very original, just way more fantasmagoric.
The Avengers (2012): I like Marvel stuff, even I know it's kinda cocky, unrealistic, whatever. I like comics and comic-based movies. Therefore, 7/10.
Léon (1994) Classic, surprised by this movie. Great cast, Jean Reno + Natalie Portman + Gary Oldman create a pretty good enviroment. Worth 8/10 for sure.
The Book Thief (2013): 8/10 Well-made movie. Interestingly narrated by Death himself.
The Expendables 3 (2014): 2/10 Watched like half an hour of this, and was like: Ugh, please, stop this. Such shit.
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

shut the fuck up
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014) - 6/10
Surprisingly high rating here. I'm sick and tired of super hero movies but maybe this one played on some nostalgic strings. I like the 1h40m run-time compared to the 2h20m run-time super hero movies usually has. It was more fast paced and quite a bit less nonsense in the story. Nice humoristic undertone too.

What Lies Beneath (2000) - 8/10
A thriller like thrillers are supposed to be. Liked the actors and how the plot turned out, although it was quite appearent where it was going. Recommended if you want to see some old school (heah movies turned to shit in 14 years) nice thriller.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Just watched Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind again, I'd give it more than 10 if it was possible... Just as impressive and moving as the first time. I'm in love!
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

Hello. I just realized that "votelist" in the topic title stands for list of votes rather than some English word etymologically and/or phonetically similar to "nobelist" and that is unknown for me.
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Sin City: A Dame To Kill For - 4/10
Not as good as the first Sin City but looked just as great.

Let's Be Cops - 6/10
No masterpiece but it got me laughing quite a lot.
Kazan
34mins club

Post by Kazan »

Deliver Us from Evil - 5/10
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

The Librarian - 4/10
Mildly entertaining but was an obvious low budget movie, and I've seen The Librarian 2 before, so I didn't expect anything great.

Guardians of the Galaxy
- 5/10
Was surprised this movie has gotten such a high IMDb rating and good reviews from people I know so I had to give it a try. Too bad it was just an above average super hero movie to me. Rocket and Groot are easily at least +1 rating, the rest of the movie was pretty blah :(
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Melancholia (2011): 5/10
Lars von Trier has really strange sense for filmmaking, Melancholia is another proof of it. I don't quite get the point of this movie, even it was kinda "entertaining" to watch, but.. meh. Didn't expect Kirsten Dusnt to play naked scenes, but whatever.
The Butterfly Effect (2004): 6/10
After the mechanic of the movie was revealed (his ability to change circumstances), I was able to predict how will the movie end, and I was right. That sucks. And, the principle of "Butterfly Effect" as known from chaos theory, was not present at all. It would make the world absolutely different, not just those small changes. I really don't know why they did it like this, but I assume they wanted the movie to be somehow watchable... Since there were more movies similar to this one (The Jacket (however filmed in 2005), it looks kinda unoriginal or sach. But was OK to watch.
When talking about the Jacket, I'd give it like 7/10.
Kazan
34mins club

Post by Kazan »

Lucy (2014) - 6/10
if without Scarlett Johansson then 4-5/10 but Luc Besson is good man
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

The best offer (2013): 8/10 I really liked it. When it started to look like some damn happyend, it became interesting. Also love Geoffrey Rush's acting. Recommended to watch.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Man on a Ledge: 6/10
Really kind of garbage movie but it was entertaining/exciting enough to watch until the end, just ok.

Cloud Atlas: 8/10
Had zero expectations of this -- figured it would be boring actually. Ended up being one of the better movies I've seen in a while, totally loved everything about it. I'm usually a negative nancy with voting; it's very rare I vote higher than the IMDB average, but this is one of those rare exceptions where I did.

Triangle: 4/10
Was entertaining enough to watch until the end. While it wasn't too horrible to sit through, it was however really pure trash when it comes down to it. Idiotic characters/decisions (ruins most movies for me instantly already), and everything about it seemed too far-fetched and dumb regarding the plot. It could have been made a lot more interesting.

Now You See Me: 6/10
Honestly really terrible movie but it was exciting and entertaining enough (again) to watch and somehow I enjoyed myself despite how stupid everything in it felt like.
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Kazan
34mins club

Post by Kazan »

The Equalizer (2014) - 5/10 expected more from Denzel Washington movie)
Zero
Kuski

Post by Zero »

You've Got Mail (1998) 5/10
Don't judge me okay, I had to give the less serious Tom Hanks flick a try in this Internet-hyping modern world romantic comedy full of the classic late 90s stuff like Starbucks.
I have to admit that this wasn't nowhere as awkward as an older comedy movie Big also from Mr. Hanks that i found extremely bad. Im comparing these two because of the similar cliche romantic plot and script they both had. Nonetheless the movie was nice to watch through for some funny stuff and good acting. It's also interesting to see how "outdated" a movie can be since it really shone with the newest trends and popular stuff at the time that are now long gone ;)
Anyways, this could be a nice movie to watch with your family or so. It's far away from the masterpieces Hanks was doing at this time but it's still quite decent feel-good comedy flick.
Rank #1 battler and the champion of BOSS cup :gaa:
36 club since 02/2024
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

The Equalizer - 8/10
A generous 8. Slow-paced action movie with solid acting and suspense. Also kept awake the whole movie which is a good sign these days.
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

The Hundred-Foot Journey - 7/10
Easy-to-watch, easy-to-like.
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

Edge of Tomorrow (2014) - 8.5/10

Amazing movie guys, I hadn't read anything about this and had no expectations. Truly a masterpiece!

It reminds me a bit of old good The Butterfly Effect.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

13 Sins: 4/10
Sounded like it could be interesting, but of course was just a total shit fest with retarded characters and decisions, like all these type of movies have in them.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Silver Linings Playbook: 7/10
Pretty solid, cute and somewhat funny. Hate JLaw but she was tolerable here.
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Gone Girl - 8/10
Was not sure whether to put 8 or 9 but ended up giving it a strong 8. Very exciting plot, good acting and a dense mood throughout the movie (typical Fincher). Can highly recommend it. Don't get intimidated by the runtime, it's 2h29m well spent.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Really looking forward to this one, coming up to my uni cinema in a month. Reznor + Ross soundtrack again! And what a soundtrack it is :]
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

The Negotiator: 6/10 at best
Sounded like it could have been interesting, but the whole movie is just one fucking big cliche. You won't be surprised at anything in the movie at all, completely formulaic and shallow storytelling.
Kazan
34mins club

Post by Kazan »

Dracula Untold (2014) - 6/10 good)
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Unbreakable (2000) 8/10 This is one good film I saw recently, the most noticable thing on this movie is the work with camera, which plays a great role here, very nicely done.
snajdig
Kuski

Post by snajdig »

The Monuments Men - worth to watch
The Heat - worth to watch

check them!!
Lousku: Snajdig, forgive all my subtle and not so subtle hostility towards you in the past. I can't go on harassing anyone who produces sach sweet wisdom.
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

Bitch please: Heat (1995)
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

21 Jump Street: 6/10
Thought this would be pure shit, but it redeemed itself by not taking itself too seriously and giving some nice homage to original series, plus it had a fair few actual funny moments.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

22 Jump Street: 5/10
This was pretty shit however. Barely 5/10, but just enough brainless entertainment to orka watch it through.
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »