IMDB votelists

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

skint0r
39mins club

Re: IMDB votelists

Post by skint0r »

Birdman: 6/10
Movie felt a bit ADHD. Very up and down where I loved some parts and hated the next 10 mins etc. Maybe a bit too artsy for me duno. Was overall pretty oke but definitely don't get the fuss and high ratings beyond that.
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

Jupiter Ascending - 2/10
WTF... So boring I just had no interest of what was happening, all I saw was endless CGI fights. Mila Kunis is not ready (will she ever be?) to handle a lead role and Channing Tatum, well, kinda the same.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Cleanskin: 5/10
Wasn't really bad in any way, but it was just overall incredibly mediocre and not much more. Didn't find anything about it really exciting or too interesting; it didn't bring anything new to this type of genre, just the usual action/thriller about some bomb/assassination type of thing you've seen a million times before already.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Lilja 4-ever: 6/10
Have had this in queue for a while and I asked intellectual Ville_J for another one of his stellar recommendations so of course more reason to try then. Was oke I guess, maybe a bit too... dunno, like straight forward and simple. Was like depressing story and blabla could sympathize etc., but just didn't really quite connect with it in any way or feel too interested in it.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

The Sound of Music: 7/10
Najs =D Maybe more 6.5 rating but oke generous because enjoyed in some silly way.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner: 7/10
Very najs overall. Could maybe have been a bit less melodramatic at some points, felt like everything was kinda half-assed too. Half comedy, half drama, but not excelling in either of them, and maybe a bit lazy or naive approach to the whole subject matter. Was more of a 7.5 movie though, but not quite an 8 so had to settle for an 7 from me. Still could recommend and was very enjoyable if you think it sounds remotely interesting.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Force Majeure: 7/10
Quite liked this one, some 7.5ish from me. Had some nice mix of realism and awkward moments, filmed in a nice way. Not quite sure why, but it just had this nice feel about it that I enjoyed.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

My Fair Lady: 7/10
Another 7.5. Would easily have been an 8 if there was even one good song in it, but as a musical it was quite disappointing, with not a single enjoyable or catchy song. Was quite funny and cute, perhaps slightly longer than it needed to be, specially with the lack of najs songs, but ultimately very enjoyable.
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

Skint0r I see you watch a lot lot of movies. 3-4-5 movies a day? I love watching movies but how do you fit that many movies into a day :o
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Do nathing else np
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Productive life :D
To be not offtopic:
Whiplash (2014) - 6.5 or 7/10 One of the good movies, but is it really that amazing? Don't think so.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

(500) Days of Summer: 6/10
Was oke cute and little bit funny, but ultimately felt a bit flat and uneventful. Just nothing really too special about it.
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

John wrote:Re-watched This Is England (now seen twice) and The Breakfast Club (seen maybe 5-6 times). Really amazing movies in their own ways. Can highly recommend for anyone who hasn't seen them yet.
agree on both counts, easily top10 movie experiences for me, seen both the same amount of times as you oddly enough.
39:37,91
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

3 idiots - 7/10

i'll just repeat what i said on irc:

<balls> 3 idiots quite oke film. but indian culture mabe even harder to relate to than japanese
<Markku-> is that a reference to some jap film in particular?
<Markku-> or just general perception of japanese mans
<Markku-> but also yes, hard to identify with indian culture
<balls> not referring to any in particular. cultural paradigms in general - expressions, manners, humor etc.
<Markku-> rite
<balls> often feels like they either forcefully try to imitate western culture or forcefully protest it. either way much seems exaggerated and just unrelatable
<balls> meaning indians here mostly
<balls> can see how this is like super profound and enlightening to many when their culture is so backwards and problematic in many ways inconceivable for foreigners but for me is just awkward to observe, almost feel pity
39:37,91
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1: 2/10
I just hate everything about this series of movies, so don't really have any serious points to make. I guess if you liked the previous ones you'll think this is just fine too. To me everything about these movies is just pure garbage. Retard story, retard events, retard characters, retard acting + actors + actresses, retard setting and just: retard oke.
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

skint0r wrote:The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1: 2/10
I just hate everything about this series of movies, so don't really have any serious points to make. I guess if you liked the previous ones you'll think this is just fine too. To me everything about these movies is just pure garbage. Retard story, retard events, retard characters, retard acting + actors + actresses, retard setting and just: retard oke.
Perfect summary. (I only watched first movie of the series, barely made it through...)
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Foxcatcher: 6/10
Didn't know much about this movie except that it seemed to be well liked and decent ratings etc., so was looking forward to it. Was rather underwhelming. Couldn't really quite get into it and it felt a bit bland overall. Was just oke.
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Been scraping the leftovers in the local theatre:

Blackhat: 4/10
Not that believable, so-so acting and a few idiot actions from characters. Don't regret seeing it once, but will not see again. However, there was one shootout scene that felt quite authentic which I really liked.

Micke & Veronica: 6/10
Pretty standard rom-com but plenty of funny scenes. The acting was OK, the two leads aren't the most well renowned actors but carried the movie quite nicely anyway. Nice summer movie, made me feel like going to the swedish west coast.

And last nights movie at home:

Laputa - Castle in the Sky: 6/10
Missed that Studio Ghibli charm in it for periods of time. It wasn't until half the movie that I got into it. Well-made like usual though.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

21 Jump Street (2012) - 2/10 what the actual heck I just watched.
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay 1 (2014) - 4/10 not worth more. Big shit happens in this movie. As bad as the book was
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

Tigro wrote:21 Jump Street (2012) - 2/10 what the actual heck I just watched.
HAHHA that was some funny shit 7/10
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

Bjenn wrote:
Tigro wrote:21 Jump Street (2012) - 2/10 what the actual heck I just watched.
HAHHA that was some funny shit 7/10
Ye that movie is quite funny. Not all that good, but definetely 7/10 worth of laughs. As far as I remember at least, I might have grown up in the time between 2012 and now.
<veezay> antti also gonna get stabbed later this month
<nick-o-matic> niec

My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Yes, I laughed time-to-time, but shooting each other's dicks is so broken... Seemed so awkward and stupid and primitive that it is not worth watching 22 Jump St. at all.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Citizenfour: 7/10
I'd rate it higher for the actual content/enjoyment/thrill that I got out of it, but ultimately it's a bit too... scattered and poorly pieced together as an actual documentary. Somewhat understandably so, with the content involved and the massive scope of the topic. Even if you've read about the cases in the news and know about Snowden and what was revealed, it doesn't quite hit home as well as seeing this documentary will do, it's pretty terrifying. Was really interesting to watch, as the footage is from Snowden's initial contact and about what happened as the story unfolded; it's not a documentary about the case(s) themselves, so it was a bit more engaging than I anticipated going into it. Well worth a watch I'd say.
Hosp
38mins club

Post by Hosp »

Godfadre 8/10
Godpadre 2 8/10
Dogfadre 3 6/10

if was pos would give godfadre 7.5/10 and second one 8 since second one beder
ToMaT
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

The Theory of Everything: 5/10
Nothing particularly wrong about it, just not very exciting for me I guess. Felt quite average overall and didn't get a lot of enjoyment out of seeing it.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

skint0r wrote:The Theory of Everything: 5/10
Nothing particularly wrong about it, just not very exciting for me I guess. Felt quite average overall and didn't get a lot of enjoyment out of seeing it.
Yes I forgot to mention this. Good summary skint;
The thing that annoyed me the most was the trivialism they showed in mathematics and physics in this movie. I was expecting the movie to be more about relationships, but they shouldn't have done the maths seem primitive. And the scenes like
A: "That was garbage, Hawking! I am leaving!" *walks away*
B: "This guy has it!" *claps hands* *whole room applauds*
This seems so poorly directed.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Yea was quite oscar baity and poorly done. Basically about zero surprise and everything done by the book so to speak. Guess story also a bit biased or centric around personal stuff since based on his wife book.
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

The Imitation Game: 9/10

My only problems with this movie are the historical inaccuracies. They have taken some freedoms for dramatic effect, but given the quality of this movie it doesn't matter much. Still, takes it away from that sweet 10/10.

All in all, this is a very good movie, I enjoyed every bit of it. Many subtle jokes hidden everywhere, which worked really well with Benedict's acting. I did actually cry at the end, that rarely happens. Probably because I've been waiting for a (good) movie about Alan Turing for years, and finally there's one that shines a light on him for all the public to see. He wasn't a perfect man, far from it, and he lived in a society that at the time dispised "people like him," which made his life a very sad one. Still, he is arguably the grandfather of the iPhone in your pocket, having invented a whole new area of science. Namely computer science.

First new movie I've really liked in a long time.
<nick-o-matic> niec

skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Big Hero 6: 5/10
Incredibly average too. Don't get this rating at all. A lot of cringe and cliched stuff, and maybe at most a funny moment or two. Didn't like any of the characters, story is about as boring as you can get, no surprises or anything new about it.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

skint0r wrote:Big Hero 6: 5/10
Incredibly average too. Don't get this rating at all. A lot of cringe and cliched stuff, and maybe at most a funny moment or two. Didn't like any of the characters, story is about as boring as you can get, no surprises or anything new about it.
I guess you are not the target audience.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Safety Not Guaranteed: 5/10
Pretty weak movie, maybe more of a 4.5. Not really very funny nor interesting, everything just felt very lazily done without any effort to actually make it into something good. Not sure what others saw in this movie!
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

The Imitation Game: 6/10
Kinda underwhelming to me. Maybe knowing a lot about the whole story already made it a bit boring, I don't know. Of course with making a movie you often have to take some artistic license, which can be expected with such a story and fleshing out the characters, but it felt a bit too strangely done in some way. Just kinda meh.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

skint0r wrote:The Imitation Game: 6/10
Kinda underwhelming to me. Maybe knowing a lot about the whole story already made it a bit boring, I don't know. Of course with making a movie you often have to take some artistic license, which can be expected with such a story and fleshing out the characters, but it felt a bit too strangely done in some way. Just kinda meh.
I had the same, went to the cinema with gf, and we both were impressed by the story of course, but the film itself needed some kind of seasoning.

We did see one good movie though, couple of months ago, it was called Wild Tales: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3011894/. That was a great hit for us, I'd say 9.5/10. Awesome development of the concept that we all get angry at some point in our lives, and how that strong emotion can get totally out of control.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Got that one waiting in queue, didn't see much about it yet, just randomly downloaded for whatever reason.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies: 5/10
Definitely the weakest in the series. I feel like people that were behind all of this should be embarrassed about the result, but I guess all the money overshadows that feeling.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

The Judge (2014) - 7/10 I found it very entertaining. Liked both actors.
Gone Girl (2014) - 7/10 It was disgustingly good movie.
Se7en (1995) - 9/10 I think this deserves it. Many people told me about mixed feelings they had after watching this, but I found it well directed, excellently acted (though the ending scene with Brad was a bit questionable imo but I could embrace it). Liked the depiction of violence and gore and the morals of the movie.

Watched some of the Star Wars episodes as well, it's so classic :) varying from 5 to 8 rating.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

The Canal: 3/19
Nothing original about this, just cliche after cliche. Regular boring expected plot and events that happens.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Wild: 5/10
Pretty cheesy and uneventful. Whole movie is just basically a retarded naive girl trying to hike in the wilderness and failing at every simple thing you'd probably try to be aware of before heading out on such a trip. Someone too stupid to even fill up her water bottle when given the chance, let alone keep more than just one while hiking in the fucking desert. Every minute there is some flashback to her previous life, the entire movie is just back and forth telling random glimpses of her life then failing at some hiking, repeat over and over.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

skint0r wrote:The Canal: 3/19
Nothing original about this, just cliche after cliche. Regular boring expected plot and events that happens.
3/19 = ~1.57894/10 FTFY.
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Anyone planning to watch Pi today? It's Pi Day of the century after all :)
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

Saw Insurgent few days ago. Nothing amazing. I think i prefer Divergent over this one. 5/10 maybe.
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Interstellar: 7/10
Pretty damn good for sure, but maybe not quite as amazing as people are making it out to be. Felt like this could have been made into something sick epic if they ditched the melodramatic elements and the cliche events that always happens in such space movies. Close to more of a 7.5 or 7 rating for me really, but I guess overall I enjoyed it enough.

edit: actually yes decided think rather give it 7 than 8
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

The Signal: 2/10
Huge waste of time, retarded shit movie where nothing makes sense. Nothing original with the story, lame retarded "things not what they appear to be" type of shit. I loathe these kind of movies and how they keep being made with absolutely nothing new to offer.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

sixth sense lol what an waist of time, i like the genre and the score is good, i had high expectations, but just lol movie. And of course bruce willis being bruce willis le best actor of al time, aka same face and voice no matter what character he's supposed to play. what a fucking joke, anyone who gave this movie a higih score has to fuck of for contributing in my watchage
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

Zweq wrote:sixth sense lol what an waist of time, i like the genre and the score is good, i had high expectations, but just lol movie. And of course bruce willis being bruce willis le best actor of al time, aka same face and voice no matter what character he's supposed to play. what a fucking joke, anyone who gave this movie a higih score has to fuck of for contributing in my watchage
<nick-o-matic> niec

skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst: 8/10
Documentary mini-series, 6 episodes that are 40 minutes each. If you haven't read about the story recently surfacing up in the news, I'd try to avoid looking it up before watching. Had my attention the whole time, super interesting and engaging. Nicely filmed, and the way it's all put together keeps it from getting boring, plus najs production with everything (usually case with pro HBO stuff!). Mega sik najs stuff if you have any interest in crime documentaries. And serislyz don't read about it if you're not already aware of this case's resurfacing and why.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Blind: 4/10
Pretty senseless (hoho) movie, random shit happening where no idea what's real or not, maybe some existential metaphors and whatnot about being blind or something who fucking knows. Was just pretty boring as shit.
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

decided to watch papillon for fun, although i had seen parts of it 20 years ago, finaly watched whole shit. Prety brutal movie and stuf. It somhow made me think about stufs liek maby we could complain les about minor setbacks..... Why does papi keep on trusting pplz though when get scamed over and over again??? logick???