IMDB votelists

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

skint0r
39mins club

Re: IMDB votelists

Post by skint0r »

Born Strong: 6/10
Strongman competition documentary, pretty generic thing, but still oke.

Blade Runner 2049: 5/10
I'm liked original, but not a fanatic about it and was open to a sequel possibly being good and went in pretty positively based on all the hype, despite that usually not meaning much for me. Well it was boring as hell and felt totally soulless, and there was really no need for this sequel at all. Just felt like long mediocre ride where nothing matters or goes anywhere.
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

We are doing some movie thing in Japanese stuff discord server where we all watch a Japanese movie and discuss it afterwards. First movie we are planning to watch this weekend during Saturday-Sunday, let me know if want to join server. First movie will be this http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0358559/
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Pauly Shore Stands Alone: 5/10
Vaguely interesting documentary about man who didn't know was remotely relevant or had done anything else besides old shitty 90s comedy movies. Saw him on some few different podcasts last months and seemed like semi-oke intriguing man even if a bit over the top. He comes off as pretty dickish in movie and seems like annoy dude, but also interesting with some history of stuff. Specially since a lot of podcasts im watch are all standup comic centric and you start hearing names and history of everything in scene, and then get these axual characters come to life. Anyway not very gr8 but oke if interest in this stuff.

Thor: Ragnarok: 4/10
prety fuk shitty redonk. first two Thors were at least semi-oke, but this was just too dumb and didn't like much about it at all.

The Love Witch: 4/10
dame, was so stoked on this. mega nice looking 70s visuals and theme, max love this kind of retro stuff and homage to old movs. unfortunately this has no soul and it was just terribly boarink. but dame main woman is insane bjeauty. felt like mega potential in this but quite disappoint.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Your Name (Kimi no na wa) (2016) - 9/10
Fantastic anime. Pretty good story, amazing soundtrack and while being epic, is still funny and entertaining. Somehow reminds me of Melancholia (2011) but not that melancholic, right the opposite. I recommend.
Last edited by Tigro on 27 Feb 2018, 02:02, edited 1 time in total.
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

Agree so much. I loved it, cried a couple of times, smiled ear to ear many more. One of the best anime films I've seen. And gorgeous too! :) I gave it an 8 but was pretty darn close to a 9.

Also #79 on IMDb o,o very well deserved imo.

Love your avatar ;)

(your link is broken btw)

Here some of my recent ones:

Jackie (2016) - 6/10
Was actually pretty disappointed with this one, in a similar way to Dunkirk. Supposedly quite good overall, but didn't achieve anything with me - didn't provoke strong emotions, didn't expand my historical knowledge, didn't give me food for thought. I just... watched it. And it should have done at least one or two of those things! But quality-wise it was pretty good, so overall kinda average I guess. But then it had Natalie Portman, whose acting alone is ez +1.

Coco (2017) - 8/10
This was wonderful ^^ Such a beautiful story (although nowhere near as deep as, for example, Inside Out - I guess that's the difference between an 8 and a 9 for my), SO COLOURFUL <333 and so pretty and joyous :) I'm glad Pixar still does good old originals, because at some point it seemed like they were going to fall into Disney's money mincer with all the sequels. Let's hope more of these come along :)

Birdy (1984) - 7/10
I know about this film probably only because of Peter Gabriel's soundtrack, was high time to watch it. A pretty emotional and engaging experience, kept me at the edge of my seat for quite some time. And one of the best film endings I can remember!

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (2017) - 8/10
I rarely say this (no, really!), but anyone who says this film is bad knows shit about cinema (haven't heard anybody say that yet tho!). It's just such a perfect example of a very very good film. A story that is seemingly very far from epic, but presented in such a way that everyone is impressed. Fantastic acting (all 3 main characters), great screenplay, great direction... Just through and through super high quality. Will definitely rewatch this at some point.

Kramer vs. Kramer (1979) - 7/10
Worth it mainly for the acting I guess, but the whole film was quite solid. Given that it's almost 40 years old, I think the emotions of the people in it were not just authentic, but are still very relatable.
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

Black Panther Low/10, one of the worst marvel movies in the last few years. I haven't seen all, but I've seen many and this one blows. Would not recommend.
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

Alien: Covenant 2/10 stupid shit (original Alien was 10/10 ofc)
[carebox]
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Wonder Woman: 6/10
Had extremely minimal expectations for this, and was sure it would be most horrible idiot superhero mov with mega bore character. It was however totally oke; not much more than that, but still.

Justice League: 4/10
rofel bad. new batman is very idiot, other characters are boring, villain max boring, all mega generic. even worse than expected after wonder woman gave some hope that maybe this could be oke too, but nope.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

100% agreeance with skint.

Final Destination 5 (2011) - 2/10
I actually had some fun, but this movie is so incredibly bad.. Like all previous 4. Watched anyways...
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

The 5th Wave (2016) - 5/10
I am a fan of such post-apo dystopian theme. So that was good. And Chloe is pretty. And that's about it. Idea wasn't too bad, but the execution was poor and the plotline very primitive and predictable, things left unfinished. Many things felt naive and superficial, so there wasn't very much to enjoy. So not terribly bad, but definitely subpar.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri: 7/10
pretty good; entertaining and some charm to it, but was kinda expecting a lot more out of this.

Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi: 7/10
was ready to not like, but surprisingly very oke
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Your Name: 6/10
It was totally fine and mostly enjoyable; cute, sad, funny and good combo of things. Coal visual art style/look etc. Found it mostly very disappointing in the end though, like a lot of build up for a very dull conclusion. Goad but meh.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Take your pills (2018) - 6/10
Good documentary, especially when my mom treats ADHD people every day. Defining the stigma, devaluation of the disease, drugs and their effects, it's all very good.
What I didn't like was that too americanized approach to the problem. Some things felt very simplistic, many scenes had annoyingly short cuts which only added into the mix of attention-disorder-ness...
Good content, but below-average execution imo.
Last edited by Tigro on 22 Mar 2018, 09:40, edited 1 time in total.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Dude, sort out your hyperlinks!
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

It's not me. It's mopolauta's fault. I am doing it the same way for years, and suddenly it doesn't work? Lauta always prepends mopolauta.moposite.com/blabla in front of my links. Wtf, pls fix. It happens when my URL doesn't contain http://
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Then why not put http://...
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Without http:// it will think it's an internal link, for example you can just write viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5789 to link to a topic.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

IMDb doesn't show http:// in their links so copypasting from it does this. I guess I'll have to manually edit every single link I want to paste here. Such a nuisance...
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

The Titan (2018) - 3/10
Yep, it was shit. What did I even expect.

Anomalisa (2015) - 5/10
Felt very awkward, I probably didn't get what this was supposed to be about. Just... strange. Wasn't very entertained or anything...
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Recent stuff...

Wonder Wheel - what can I say, Woody Allen is a man you can always rely on. Great colorful complex characters, really interesting lighting, lovely Justin Timberlake, another memorable final.

The Killing of a Sacred Deer - masterful psychological horror, made me so uneasy that I'm not sure if I can even recommend it. Just... Jesus! Colin Farrell is awesome.

Ready Player One - meh, the story and the characters are very underdeveloped. The film also tries to be a cool geek thing but it never really goes deep into the nerd culture, it just bombards you with references that don't have much depth to them. Looks good though. Btw any doomer will laugh at the first Easter egg path. What, you just need to turn around? Come on, checking whether you can open the door behind the start is always the first thing I do in custom maps.

Mary and the Witch's Flower - a Ghibli-like movie from the people that used to work at Ghibli. Not much to say about the plot (although it's fun to think about the intended message behind the idea of abandoning everything that's magic and going back to "normal boring life"), but the visuals are wonderfully inspiring. When I left the cinema the outside world seemed so bleak in comparison!

The Mercy - I didn't know anything about the events that inspired this, had no idea what will happen at any point, so I was kinda blown away. A very morally ambiguous story with an aftertaste that doesn't go away easily. Also Colin Firth is even more awesome than Colin Farrell.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Pawn Sacrifice (2014) - 7
Interesting, fine watch. Not boring.

Spotlight (2015) - 9/10
Really deserves an Oscar. I really liked the story, development, characters. Good acting; it was engaging and interesting. Very good watch.

Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials (2015) - 4/10
There was absolutely nothing special about this movie.

In Bruges (2008) - 8/10
Old, but gold (wtf 2008 movies being old?). Great comedy: grotesque, Irish, funny, bloody. Just great.

Beauty and the Beast (2017) - 8/10
Not a fan of musicals, but this one was quite great. Beautiful visuals and camera work.
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Sayonara no Asa ni Yakusoku no Hana wo Kazarou: 10/10

One of the very very very best things I've ever seen, anime or otherwise. I actually had to go see it for a second time in an attempt to cope with all the emotions, which has never happened to me with movies before. Didn't help though: the second screening made it even harder to process everything and now my mind is very exhausted. I barely recognized myself in the mirror, that's how much the tears deformed my face. I urge everyone to watch it as soon as you possibly can. I'm simply speechless.
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

Pacific Rim : Uprising 2/10
[carebox]
Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

Post by Hosp »

Sayonara no Asa ni Yakusoku no Hana wo Kazarou = Let's play the promiscuous blowjob in the morning of the goodbye
according to my friend Google.
I know is very diff tho :p (imdb) will try watch some day
ToMaT
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

Isle of Dogs - 4/10
Sorry to say it but this movie is probably the movie which has dropped the furthest in rating during the viewing for me. It started off promising with a very funny prologue but from then on it was just really boring. I'd say at first it was close to a 8/10, but as it sent along I just kept losing interest and fell asleep a few times even though it was mid-afternoon. Disappointed!
Zero
Kuski

Post by Zero »

John wrote: 6 May 2018, 22:21 Isle of Dogs - 4/10
Sorry to say it but this movie is probably the movie which has dropped the furthest in rating during the viewing for me. It started off promising with a very funny prologue but from then on it was just really boring. I'd say at first it was close to a 8/10, but as it sent along I just kept losing interest and fell asleep a few times even though it was mid-afternoon. Disappointed!
That's a bummer.. The last one from Wes Anderson was a masterpiece!
Rank #1 battler and the champion of BOSS cup :gaa:
36 club since 02/2024
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Avengers: Infinity War (2018) - 7/10
I was in 3d cinema and it wasn't that worth it, everything was 20% darker. Orka make a review vid.
I am really not sure how I should rate this one. It is definitely watchable (+). It is still Marvel action pack (-). It was bleaker/darker than expected (+). It had no deeper idea, just sit and watch all your favorites do something (-). Ending was good (+).
So, I gave 7, but maybe 6 is more real. I'm generous to myself. Ok overall, but I'd like to watch something that is not so shallow now.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975) - 7/10
Probably better than avengers. Had some great laughs. I don't really know how I missed this for so long.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

The Shape of Water: 6/10
Pretty mediocre and predictable at all points.

Fifty Shades Freed: 2/10
real work of art

Black Panther: 3/10
vov bade, silly me for believing it could actually be good and live up to hype.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

A Quiet Place (2018) - 3/10
I can't fathom how can this shit have 8 on IMDb. Only thing that was really good here was some camera work, and maybe okay-ish acting. But the characters, plot development, story, logic, etc. was so bad it hurt me. Everyone was so stupid, doing shitty decisions, literally not using brain, just painful to watch. I could invent 20 things that would enhance their QoL during the movie, which has 90 mins or so, while they couldn't think of anything proper for a year. Many silly stupid mistakes in the logic made it way too hard for me to believe this piece. I didn't even want to pay attention to teh movie at the very end, because whatever happened I was like, "ok, director, do whatever you want, I don't care anymore, just finish this pls". It was supposed to be tense and kinda scary, but I checked my heartbeat several times during movie and I was completely calm. Nothing that would happen on the screen could get me out of my "I don't give a shit" mood. So yeah. Shit movie.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Red Sparrwow (2018) - No idea / 10
I am still just processing this. This movie was brutal. Not in the popculture-sense brutal, but honestly and really damn brutal. If I were in a cinema, I'd probably shit myself and puke at the same time. Some of the scenes were so unexpectedly drastic yet realistic that I literally curled into fetal position wanting it to go away.
All this might suggest that I think it was a bad movie. However, it was genius. The plot was kind of classic secret-agent/spy style, but still it had some elements that made it thrilling and kept me in tension till the end. And this movie is 140 mins so that was a lot of thrill.
I advise you watch this and then tell me what you think, because for some reason I'd like to give it 9+ rating but probably that's just the initial shock. I'd say something between 7 and 8 would be suitable. Also, bonus points for filming in Slovakia (that reversed pyramid building is in Bratislava).

I have some uncontrollable tremblings going on. Pls send help
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Extinction (2018) - 3/10
Oh, Lord. That was shit.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

John Wick (2014) - 3/10
This was not a good movie.
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

John Wick is a great movie. The best action movie in a long time. Excellent choreography, excellent cinematography, ridiculous plot. Perfect.
<veezay> antti also gonna get stabbed later this month
<nick-o-matic> niec

My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Ruben wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 23:39 John Wick is a great movie. The best action movie in a long time. Excellent choreography, excellent cinematography, ridiculous plot. Perfect.
This is what I expected from it. And apart from fight scenes there was literally nothing good imo.

Plot - not above average (actually very stock one)
dialogues - not above average
camera - not above average
acting - not above average
fight scenes - slightly above average
music - not above average

This summed up created an extremely ordinary action movie, with really nothing special into it: A guy is seen bleeding in the first scene (hmmm, what could have possibly happened? Duh). Then a basic story of hitman unfolds and how he goes for his revenge. He gets it and is wounded but survives and gets a new dog. Wow. I am really dazzled. /irony
This together with high expectations caused me to dislike it because it felt very meh. Literally nothing attracted my attention or made me interested in it.
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

Tigro wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 10:54
Ruben wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 23:39 John Wick is a great movie. The best action movie in a long time. Excellent choreography, excellent cinematography, ridiculous plot. Perfect.
This is what I expected from it. And apart from fight scenes there was literally nothing good imo.

Plot - not above average (actually very stock one)
dialogues - not above average
camera - not above average
acting - not above average
fight scenes - slightly above average
music - not above average

This summed up created an extremely ordinary action movie, with really nothing special into it: A guy is seen bleeding in the first scene (hmmm, what could have possibly happened? Duh). Then a basic story of hitman unfolds and how he goes for his revenge. He gets it and is wounded but survives and gets a new dog. Wow. I am really dazzled. /irony
This together with high expectations caused me to dislike it because it felt very meh. Literally nothing attracted my attention or made me interested in it.
The only purpose of this movie is to be violent, and it is. Very. The cinematography is great because it's so minimalistic. Very little cutting, and the cutting that's done has a purpose. The fight scenes (which is most of the movie) are really well choreographed, which is good cause then they don't have to hide bad fighting with lots of cutting (see: Jason Bourne). It almost reminds me of old Jackie Chan movies, just way more violent. This movie is only trying to do one thing, and imo it does it very well. It's all a matter of taste, of course. I can definitely see why many people won't like this movie.

The plot is paper thin, and is only really there to serve as a platform for the action scenes. It's a cliché in that it's a revenge story, but at the same time it's utterly hilarious that the whole thing happened because someone killed his dog.

I also like how the bad guys get less and less facial hair throughout the movie, as there were only like 7 stuntmen who died over and over again with slightly less beard each time.
Last edited by Ruben on 27 Aug 2018, 17:46, edited 1 time in total.
<nick-o-matic> niec

kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

I only watched the second John Wick movie and it definitely succeeded at creating these long well choreographed fights (like you could actually follow the movements and tell what is happening at any moment), something I almost never see in cinema nowadays. I really appreciated all these scenes even though the violence was a bit too much for me. Also some of the settings were pretty neat (like the whole underground hobo society). The authors definitely know what the word "stylish" means.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Ruben wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 15:30The only purpose of this movie is to be violent, and it is.
I agree. But movies whose only purpose is to be violent aren't good movies by the definition. Just my opinion.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Tigro wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 20:36(...) by the definition. Just my opinion.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Watched the last two missing Pixar films this weekend (Cars 3 & The Good Dinosaur), rewatched Cars & Cars 2 too:

Cars (2006) - 7/10 -> 7/10
Cars 2 (2011) - 4/10 -> 5/10
Cars 3 (2017) - 6/10
The first one is not as good as the Pixar classics, but still very decent. The second was pretty annoying at times. Not much deeper value in there, just silly jokes and action scenes most of the time. Great design and animation tho (+ Michael Caine :D). 3 was definitely better than 2, with some deeper values, but it wasn't very inventive (hardly at all actually). Still, the quality pretty decent, so above-neutral rating.

The Good Dinosaur (2015) - 6/10
The story of this one hardly goes beyond some of the Pixar shorts, which is a downside for a 1.5h film. But the animation was so breathtakingly gorgeous, that I didn't mind spying that for 1.5h at all :) Highly recommended even just for the beautiful nature animation.

This takes my Pixar ratings to:
--------------------------------------
Toy Story - 9/10
A Bug's Life - 8/10
Toy Story 2 - 9/10
Monsters, Inc. - 9/10
Finding Nemo - 9/10
The Incredibles - 9/10
-------------------------------------- acquisition by Disney (2006)
Cars - 7/10
Ratatouille - 8/10
Wall-e - 10/10
Up - 8/10
Toy Story 3 - 5/10
Cars 2 - 5/10
Brave - 7/10
Monsters University - 7/10
Inside Out - 9/10
The Good Dinosaur - 6/10
Finding Dory - 5/10
Coco - 8/10
Incredibles 2 - 8/10
--------------------------------------
average: 7.68/10
average for originals + Toy Story 2: 8.29/10
average for sequels - Toy Story 2: 6.00/10
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

pawq wrote: 17 Sep 2018, 15:11 Toy Story 3 - 5/10
Monsters University - 7/10
The Good Dinosaur - 6/10
Wat? Toy Story 3 is worse than Monsters Unnecessary Prequel and First Draft Dinosaur Movie?
<nick-o-matic> niec

pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

In my opinion, yes. As much as I love Toy Story, its world and characters (see ratings for 1 & 2...), I found this one hugely disappointing. Couldn't relate to anything, I felt that a lot of it was forced, and unnecessarily pulled towards the current pop culture (the stupid dancing scene, too much of female barbie and male barbie...)

Also, -1 just for Jessie hooking up with Buzz instead of Woody. (Not sure if this is conscious or subconscious.)

It's possible that if I watched them back to back now I'd rate them slightly differently, but I enjoyed The Good Dinosaur quite a bit, I remember enjoying Monsters University a lot (tho nowhere near the original ofc), and I remember being quite upset after Toy Story 3, so yeah. Still, it wasn't horrible, for me 5/10 is sth like "neither good nor bad", or "both bad moments and good moments".

edit:
also, what sequel or prequel (apart from Toy Story 2 and Terminator 2) is not unnecessary :D
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

Well totally depends on the nature of the sequel. You shoul listen to the sequelisers podcast. They take bad sequels and rewrite them =D That being said:

Godfather 2
Aliens
Indiana Jones 2 & 3
Star Wars 2 & 3 (AKA V and VI)
The Lord Of The Rings (book)
Spider-Man 2
the Naked Gun 2 1/2
Mad Max 2
The Wrath of Khan (best Star Trek movie, and it's a sequel in two rights: It's the second Star Trek movie, and a sequel from an episode of TNG also featuring Khan)
The Dark Knight
<nick-o-matic> niec

pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Godfather 2 - oke (but I'm not a big fan of Godfather in the first place so... I mean it's very good, just not OHMYGOD<333)
Aliens - yes
Indiana Jones 2 & 3 - can't remember :?
Star Wars 2 & 3 (AKA V and VI) - not true sequels (planned saga)
The Lord Of The Rings (book) - not true sequels (planned trilogy)
Spider-Man 2 - maybe saw when was 5y
the Naked Gun 2 1/2 - same
Mad Max 2 - unsaw
The Wrath of Khan (best Star Trek movie, and it's a sequel in two rights: It's the second Star Trek movie, and a sequel from an episode of TNG also featuring Khan) - star trek :orc:
The Dark Knight - not true sequel (planned trilogy)

just my imos :>

I know it's still technically a sequel even if planned from the beginning, but I definitely wouldn't throw them in the same bag. For my sequel or prequel is something that they came up with after the original film was finished, so usually mostly driven by commerce, and with story written after the original was finished. Planned trilogies/sagas/etc. are completely different, because they are written and planned as a whole, so imo should be treated as such.

Not sure if I made sense...
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

pawq wrote: 18 Sep 2018, 12:04 Star Wars 2 & 3 (AKA V and VI) - not true sequels (planned saga)
As much as George likes to think they are planned, they really aren't. Hope was made as a standalone, and Empire was written mostly by Irvin Kershner and Lawrence Kasdan.
pawq wrote: 18 Sep 2018, 12:04 The Lord Of The Rings (book) - not true sequels (planned trilogy)
Pawq you tool xD
LotR is a sequel to The Hobbit.
<nick-o-matic> niec

pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Ruben wrote: 18 Sep 2018, 13:41
pawq wrote: 18 Sep 2018, 12:04 Star Wars 2 & 3 (AKA V and VI) - not true sequels (planned saga)
As much as George likes to think they are planned, they really aren't. Hope was made as a standalone, and Empire was written mostly by Irvin Kershner and Lawrence Kasdan.
Well I guess yeah, but that would only relate to IV->V anyway, cuz when V came out it was, well, V :P
Ruben wrote: 18 Sep 2018, 13:41
pawq wrote: 18 Sep 2018, 12:04 The Lord Of The Rings (book) - not true sequels (planned trilogy)
Pawq you tool xD
LotR is a sequel to The Hobbit.
Ah, didn't realise you had The Hobbit in mind. Usually when it comes to LoTR, it's meant that 2 & 3 are "sequels" to 1 (look here even - https://www.imdb.com/poll/bZtI0jH5cqg/). Anyways, that was not the main point I was trying to make :P
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

Yeah I agree, they're not even planned sequels. Tolkien wrote it as one book (in six parts), it was the publisher who split it into three volumes and gave them the names.
<nick-o-matic> niec

skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Kevin Smith: Silent But Deadly: 6/10
If you like Kevin Smith stuff (previous "standup"/talks etc) then probably this oke too. His stuff can get a bit repetitive, but I'm semi fan so can ignore and just enjoy for what it is.

Tig Notaro: Happy To Be Here: 2/10
vov extreme unfuney standup

Cobra Kai (Series): 7/10
I was so ready to just dismiss this as stupid joke project thing, but it was surprisingly good/decent. Actually enjoyed it a lot. Has some annoying characters and acting and whatnot, but I thought the idea was super fun if just not take it too serious.

Molly's Game: 6/10
Eh, was ok but felt a bit too fake (unlike all other totally real movies obv). Just dumb entertainment enough when bored.

Tomb Raider: 5/10
Pretty much get what you expect. Not total horror, but pretty norm shit skippabel. Probably only accepted enjoyment of it because was in mood for it at the time.

Ready Player One: 6/10
Could have been a 7 maybe, but got a bit too Disney-like and overly sweet or whatever in some way. Didn't get around to read book before movie so dunno how different it is. It was a pretty fun movie though in general, just not very great.

The Commuter: 6/10
Norm stereotypical Liam Neeson mov. Totally oke though. Can't help but spy them despite how dumb they are at their core.

In Darkness: 4/10
vov much worse than expected. what a ridiculously stupid plot.

The Lottery: 2/10
zzzzz short film, so dumb, idiot people. it's like premise for really bad twilight zone episode except they had to fill out the time by drawn out scenes.

One Punch Man (series): 9/10
vvovv. I kind of avoided checking this out for so long because it just sounded like such a stupid plot and visually looked unappealing. This was sooooooo much better than ever expected, loved it a lot. So funny. Really great character.

Avengers: Infinity War : 6/10
maybe more like 5... norm dumb marvel thing, only remotely oke because have some of characters that im like and some oke scenes here and there.

Deadpool 2: 5/10
ugh this kind of "lol so random zany" humour 4th wall self aware deprecating thing gets so old fast. but oke enough if can get through dumb cringe parts and turn off brain a bit.

Tag: 6/10
better than expected, just dumb fun. liked more than I thought I would. ok for when just need some unserious humour thing

Game Night: 5/10
eeeeeeh, ok.

Bert Kreischer: Secret Time: 7/10
prety oke from burnt chrysler

Sicario: Day of the Soldado: 7/10
about as good as first one, if liked that then 4suare give this a go too. good tense action gak.

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom: 5/10
Not the greatest sequel, pretty much no surprises or original stuff here.

Utøya 22. juli : 4/10
wow bader than thought. didn't get into it at all, just got annoyed by dumbness of people portrayed in it

Born This Way (series): 7/10
fun series with nise people, got hooked

Lost in Transition (series): 7/10
pretty interesting, though it gets a bit too fake reality at times where the editing becomes a bit obviously fake dramatic.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

skint0r wrote: 22 Sep 2018, 06:06Ready Player One: 6/10
Spyed this in the summer, and it was so uninteresting and borefest that I actually forgot about it.
4/10 at best.
skint0r wrote: 22 Sep 2018, 06:06Sicario: Day of the Soldado: 7/10
Will spy definitely, even though Sicario 1 was bader than I thought it would be.
skint0r wrote: 22 Sep 2018, 06:06Utøya 22. juli : 4/10
Utøya was 10/10 cinema experience for me, totally forgot I was on a movie, physical shaking osv. Had nightmares two nights after.
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

First Man (first time) - 6/10
First Man (second time) - 8/10

Mild spoilers ahead. Expected a different kind of movie the first time and so ended up slightly disappointed. I thought the astronauts weren't introduced properly, even Neil's seemingly closest friend Ed White was quite anonymous. To mourn the loss of his fellow astronauts like Neil do, we have to get to know his fellow astronauts like Neil do. The movie failed to establish that connection. I also think the movie failed to show the complexity of being an astronaut, it doesn't seem to require any training, you just get assigned a mission and hop in a rocket. The movie looks great though, looks like it was filmed with analogue cameras, a bit grainy and with a few specks of dust here and there, everything adding to that 60's feeling. Still feel like the movie could've been different but the second viewing somehow made it better.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

22 July (2018) - 6/10
Good, but nothing shiny. Exactly what you would expect of a true story terror movie. The topic is sensitive, and the movie approaches it well, but it is not anything spectacular.

Venom (2018) - 5/10
Absolutely generic. But Tom Hard very oke.

Upgrade (2018) - 2/10
Well it was funny at times, but overall it is a terrible movie. From plotline, character depth, behavior, etc. etc. all was kinda really bad. Maybe except cheaper version of Tom Hardy whose performance was somewhat decent.