IMDB votelists

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

Tigro
Kuski

Re: IMDB votelists

Post by Tigro »

Blade Runner 2049 (2017) - 8/10
It was really good. I dunno what say more. Even the most action packed scene wasn't actually action packed. It was so slow it created great amounts of tension. Very nice camera work, not many cuts, which slowed it even more, and I liked that. In today's world of Marvel ultra CGI fast fights, this was a very welcome feature. Also, it had this cult-ish feel. I sometimes felt like I was watching Ghost in the shell. Gosling had some very neat acting. Nice (zero) facial expressions by him, and overall. Zimmer + some dude nice music. Villeneuve is very quickly becoming my fav director. I watched this with Dune in mind, and after this, I am pretty sure it will be amazing. This is what Dune really needs to be unforgettable. I am starting to get really stoked.
But orka give 9, considering what movies I have in that category. But definitely a great piece. Go spy in cinema, prolly 2D is enough.
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

Tigro wrote:Blade Runner 2049 (2017) - 8/10 (...) prolly 2D is enough.
Yes (the cinematographer himself said it's better), BUT go see it in IMAX if you've got the chance. The visual spectacle is well worth the money.

I'll write more of a review later =)
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Spider-man: Homecoming (2017) - 3/10
This was the stupidest Marvel movie I have seen in a long time. Awkward, cliché, not funny, ...
All the characters were flat as Taylor Swift's chest. This Peter's friend Ned, I don't remember more obnoxious movie character. And this Michelle, idc it was played by some Zendaya girl (whoever it is). She was just so bad. Everything was bad. Not 2/10 bad, bud definitely 3/10 bad. Which is shit.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Megan Leavey: 3/10
Pretty bade, Kate Mara horrible actress very dont like. So mega uninteresting on-the-rails nab us war movie, very skippable.

Jerry Before Seinfeld: 5/10
Pretty boring and lame jokes for the most part, some oke, just oke.

The Big Sick: 7/10
duno, kinda dumb and little over the top in some ways, but just kinda enjoyed it anywei. pretty niseoke

Baby Driver: 6/10
Very overrated, too cheesy. Was somewhat entertaining enough, but no idea why so highly praised at all.

Spider-Man: Homecoming: 5/10
Just norm Marvel shit. Predictable gak without much depth. Mebe was just in mood for dumb brainless thing so didn't mind as much.
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Tigro wrote:All the characters were flat as Taylor Swift's chest.
If they were also hot as fuck as much as Taylor Swift then it's gotta be pretty decent!
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

skint0r wrote:Baby Driver: 6/10
Baby Driver - 6/10 seems accurate. From me this movie gets the same treatment as In Time. Very nice idea, but at the end of the day, it was performed so badly. Scenes synced into music were really neat, but imo needs cinema to appretiate fully. Other that that though, it was really mediocre. Very basik gak.
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

The Snowman - 5/10 Quite disappointing =)
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

Bjenn wrote:The Snowman - 5/10 Quite disappointing =)
Agree
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

Thor: Ragnarok - 9/10
I loved the Hel character!! She almost made two points on her own for me!!!
Really funny throughout the second half of the movie, made good laughs. Well made movie overall, amazeballs!
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Thor Ragnarok (2017) - 7/10
Good comedy.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Fright Night: 3/10
Pretty disappointing and dumb... had like some charm since nat mega serious thing and very 80s cult feel, but just not very funny or interesting or engaging or anything at all.

Christina P: Mother Inferior: 5/10
disappointing main mommy material sadly, as much as wanted to like it. pretty meh jokes.

Ari Shaffir: Double Negative: 7/10
Somehow only know man from various podcasts and never saw any of his standup, imagined wouldn't like it very much, but was wrang. Quite funny and worth spy I think.
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Happy Death Day - 6/10
It's not a "good" movie but it's an entertaining one. Had a few lol moments and also very pleasant watch due to charming lead actress.
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

Hacksaw Ridge (2016): 1/10

kinda off topic: whatefak is going on with imdb? I mean there have been Marvel/Disney/Pixar films in top 250 for quite some time as apparently the films in which the marketing budget doubles or triples the production cost get feeble minded teenagers to rate 10/10 no matter how shitty it is. But Hacksaw Ridge having 8.2/10 and being currently on #173 is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard.

bye bye imdb :(
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

insane guy wrote:Hacksaw Ridge (2016): 1/10

kinda off topic: whatefak is going on with imdb? I mean there have been Marvel/Disney/Pixar films in top 250 for quite some time as apparently the films in which the marketing budget doubles or triples the production cost get feeble minded teenagers to rate 10/10 no matter how shitty it is. But Hacksaw Ridge having 8.2/10 and being currently on #173 is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard.

what about instead of bashing imdb teenager voters you elaborate on why hacksaw ridge is in your opinion worse than sharknado?
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Yes, I'm also curious. I don't consider myself a feeble-minded teenager and I rated it 9, summarising my lauta "review" with "One of the best war films I've seen."
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Despicable Me 3: 5/10
oke pretty bade, barely any funeyh/cute things. Enjoyed first and second ones and I'm totally unashamed minions lover, but this was dumb.

Patton Oswalt: Annihilation: 6/10
Some oke funeyh jokes once you get past the initial minutes of overdone Trump jokes

Shot Caller: 6/10
6.5ish mebe, pretty oke enjoyable semi tense prison/gangster thing that had some new things to offer in this genre and pretty well done I guess. Just has some issues with characters being a bit too movie-like as norm so becomes a bit too unbelievable and exaggerated. One of those movs that maybe aren't really that good, but still gets your attention to some degree so worth a spy maybe.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Blackhat (2015) - 4/10
Watching the electricity travel through the transistors in CPU in the beginning of the movie made me want to turn it off and leave the room. I forced myself to watch it whole and it was straight bad. All this movie hacking shit me rage.

Stasis (2017) - 4/10
Very subpar, nothing I would actually want to watch. Why did I watch it, I don't know.

Ares (2016) - 5/10
French movie, a bit better than other two, but still nothing artsy or compelling or somehow worth watching.
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

Tigro wrote:
insane guy wrote:Hacksaw Ridge (2016): 1/10

what about instead of bashing imdb teenager voters you elaborate on why hacksaw ridge is in your opinion worse than sharknado?
pawq wrote:Yes, I'm also curious. I don't consider myself a feeble-minded teenager and I rated it 9, summarising my lauta "review" with "One of the best war films I've seen."
Ok sorry, didn't mean to insult anyone because of movie taste. Taste is taste and for my taste Hacksaw Ridge was 1/2 overly corny and predictable love story so cheesy it was dripping to the floor, the other half was a succession of unrealistic slapstick splatter war scenes. I'm not even going into the painful to watch religious stuff and the way they overly stylized some fight scenes that make you feel like "OMG this is so fucking cool! Machine gun slowmotion!"
And: Watefak unrealistic ladder?? Why don't the Japanes just cut it off or throw down bombs? WATEFAK ninja kicking grenade move???

One scene I have to pick out is when that Rambo dude uses a torso of a fallen Japanese soldier as a shield and just runs towards the enemy firing his machine gun with one hand. In another context (or film) this scene would be hilariously funny and super cool. In this movie (which I assume is meant to be anti-war [although it is screaming "WAR IS FUN - GO JOIN THE ARMY" all the time] and somehow based on true events) it has absolutely no place and if the love story hadn't been enough already, they lost me completely at that point.

All the above is my opinion and not meant to insult anyone (except Mel Gibson and his producers).
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

I didn't feel insulted, just surprised at your reaction :p I agree that some bits were cheesy or idiotically unrealistic, but for me it worked, made a pretty strong impression. Can't elaborate more now cuz watched it some time ago and can't remember the detail. Thanks for elaborating tho!
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Loving Vincent - great animated film about the aftermath of Van Gogh's death. Everything is drawn in his style by hand, which must have required thousands and thousands of hours, and the end result is certainly impressive. It's very entertaining too, almost like a detective movie with the main character getting lost in all the conflicting stories he hears about the great painter. And it's very deep and thoughtful, definitely the kind of film that leaves you thinking. Recommended. :)
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

The Glass Castle - 6/10
Good acting by Woody but never that intriguing story to me. Brie didnt really convince me. A nice viewing still but I wont see it again.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Justice League (2017) - 6/10
Archvillain seemed stupid. Batman was decent. Superman was barely there. Aquaman was not aqua. Cyborg was underdeveloped. Flash was annoying as hell. Wonder Woman was beautiful, strong and fierce and...

Yep. Pretty much that. If there was not for Gal Gadot, I would have not been entertained at all. At least she is really a woman I can lay my eyes upon.
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Two movies in a day! :o

Awakenings - 8/10
Good acting but quite basic story structure, felt like I knew what was going to happen all the time.

When Marnie Was There - 6/10
I wanted to like it but it lacked that special Ghibli feeling. Still looked great and I could still appreciate the movie as a whole.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Hardcore Henry (2015) - 5/10
5/10 means it's worth spying for some reason. The reason is the 1st person view. That's all there is. Otherwise it's real crap. I was very surprised I saw Tim Roth playing in this.
Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

Post by Hosp »

The Aviator - 7/10 quite nice
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales - 7/10 i like pirates, seemed like a much less serious film compared to the first 3 tho, enjoyable anyways + Paul McCartney guest appearance
Sherlock Holmes - 7/10
Sherlock Holmes 2 - 6/10
Jerry Seinfeld Comedian - 4/10 I did not really enjoy this and what was that Orny Adams stuff about anyways..
The Big Year - 6/10 didn't suck and was chill enough
The Revenant - 5/10, one of the biggest let downs ever
ToMaT
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Wind River: 6/10 somewhat enjoyable, but kinda generic/basik plot/story.
Gerald's Game: 2/10 rofl wow what an horseshit... sounded vaguely interesting going into it, but it was so laughably bad and complete idiot plot. retard characters. soooo fucking bad wow.
Spirited Away: 7/10 rewatched this for first time in liek 15 years... this was one of my few 10 rated movies. hard see why now. didnt really enjoy as much this time around, but still ghibli niceness so still good. just not as magical as once was, very weird.

lately mostly been hoyling standup specials spam, very subjective and basically just question of if find man funeyh or not but anywei:
Marc Maron: Thinky Pain: 6/10 somewhat oke funey guy, maybe litel lackluster
Marc Maron: Too Real:: 6/10 same
Jeff Ross Roasts the Border: Live from Brownsville, Texas: 6/10 him roast series kinda hit and miss, but this mostly funeyh, just nothing amazing beyond that.
Joey Diaz: Sociably Unacceptable: 7/10 pretty much depends if you enjoy him way of talking/stories. if you seen his podcast appearances or his own thing and like, then you for sure will enjoy this too. im do anywei. so hard to not like him for me
Brian Posehn: 25x2: 5/10 weak as fuk. sometimes liked his humour before i recall, but this super boring
Frankie Boyle: Hurt Like You've Never Been Loved: 8/10 one of alltime fav standups, always so fuking funeyh and very rofl style, very like him. if you like anything else from him then cant go wrong here.
Nick Di Paolo: Inflammatory: 4/10 pretty much only know him from the random sidecharacters in louis ck shows, so assumed mebe could be funy. nope. very generic lame "manly man" act, barf
Lavell Crawford: Home for the Holidays: 6/10 kinda seems like nice guy, but his act kinda very black focused humour that's hard apreciate, with lots of american stereotype and black family things thats difficult relate to I guess. kinda oke but yea not gr8.
Mike Birbiglia: My Girlfriend's Boyfriend: 7(.5)/10 wow, total new man for me. sik funeyh highly recoment. very love storytelling and not always trying to be 100% humour bals to walls, but with more leading up to things etc. very good enjoy.
Mike Birbiglia: Thank God for Jokes: 8/10 even better, mega recoment cheg him stuff a++
Tony Hinchcliffe: One Shot: 5/10 only knew this man from podcast stuff. always seemed like most annoying cunt ever with mega grating voice, and basicaly ruin any podcast he is on with his lame jokes and "fukc yea" attitude gak and just aaaaaaaaaaaah so annoy. his special not too bad, but still has a bit of that stuff in it so hard appreciate except a few nice yolks here and there.
Neal Brennan: 3 Mics: 7(.5)/10 another total new man for me, wow very surprise good. mega love style and mix of humor/sad and storyteling gak. also recoment cheg.
Patton Oswalt: Talking for Clapping: 6/10 about same as other special of hims, oke enjoy, nothing amaze but oke man
Hannibal Buress: Comedy Camisado: 7(.5)/10 another man mostly know from podcasts where always liked his style of humour, duno why not cheg his standup before now except some random clips here and there. mega funeyh dude, max love style, also recoment.
Judah Friedlander: America is the Greatest Country in the United States: 7/10 kinda avoided dude because didn't imagine would enjoy his mega satire style and the whole amerca is gr8est schtick, but it's actually way funnier than i thought would be, and it doesn't get as old/lame as thought would. also nise recoment.
Tiffany Haddish: She Ready! From the Hood to Hollywood: 6/10 very hit and miss humour for me. also very black centric hood humour gak that hard appreciate as much. but some of her jokes were ridiculousl funeyh actually, very like her personality thing, but there were too many misssed things and overdone stereotype things that made hard to enjoy fully.
Don't Be That Guy by Kenny Sebastian: 2/10 wategak... indians taking over comedy ratings too now I guess or watehell... so unfunny dude. his humour sounded like random guy from audience trying standup for the first time, not funny at all, holy fuk. couldn't even finish this rofl, soooooooo bade, worst shit ever heard mebe in standup. mega lame fukfake shit.
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Agreed. I enjoyed the first 45 mins at least, lost interest a bit after that.
Bjenn wrote:Murder on the Orient Express - 6/10
I liked it more than that, 8/10. Though it looked great in 4K, very nice cinematography and good cast. Especially liked the actor/(director) playing Poirot. Movie made me feel some sort of wanderlust which mightve boosted my rating.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Baywatch (2017) - 4/10
Some mild spoilers ahead, but imo you would expect that anyways.
The whole time I felt like the director could milk so much more out of this, but intentionally resorted to shooting a primitive sitcom.
If staring at boobs, talking about dicks, staring at boobs, dropping some awkward jokes, staring at some more boobs and casually blowing the drug dealer up with a firework is what they wanted to show us, then they succeeded. I guess it just was supposed to be a ridiculous montage of beachwear and some jokes, just like the original Baywatch once was.
Nevertheless, this doesn't make it a good movie at all. I guess I'm pretty generous with 4/10, but at least those girls were spyable.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Psycho (1960) - 8/10
Among the current movie industry saturated with action-packed movies, this slow-paced detective thriller was a very good break. I'd probably give it a 9 but realising that I don't actually want to watch this again that much. It's a movie where not knowing the plot creates a great piece of tension and rewatching it would somehow lack this kind of thrill. But big props to Hitchcock, it really is a very good movie. Great camera and fine acting, music is old-stylish, but not obnoxious, and helps the atmosphere. I liked how grim this movie felt.

The Matchbreaker (2016) - 6/10
I would never willingly choose to watch such a movie, but since I really loved Christina Grimmie and felt a great amount of sadness and grief after her tragic departure, I guess it is understandable that I wanted to watch her in a movie that was released after her death.
Speaking of which, it wasn't that bad. Yep, it's a classic rom-com, with everything that's to it. Tons of relationship stuff, love, falling in and out of love, break-ups, get-togethers, etc. etc. But there was this fun part, which made me laugh out loud in the train and people stared at me strangely for lolling in there like a maniac. But i couldn't help it, it really was funny that much to me. Which is a plus. And if ends pretty satisfyingly (not surprisingly though, of course), but finishing the movie was pleasing. Didn't expect it to be that watchable. Just after I finished watching I realised why some of the actresses seemed familiar to me. Then it hit me, that there are plenty of youtube personalities, like Tessa Violet and Shawna Howson. Which is really cool. I could imagine watching this with my (nonexistent) GF one day.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Assassin's Creed (2016) - 3/10
Uninteresting as shit. Just outright stupid. There was not a single thing I liked. I completely lost interest in 15 minutes. And when it went to the DaVinci Code bullshit I quit. It's shit, just not in the "Camp Rock shit" tier so it gets a 3.

The Departed (2006) - 9/10
This is the real stuff. Dense as hell, great directing, perfect tension, good enough action and not overly hollywooded, DiCaprio played here 3x better than in Revenant imo. Damon shines as well, and Nicholson does his average - which is very high quality. Shore's music adds a great amount of atmosphere. I really enjoyed this piece, and would definitely like to rewatch it.

Sausage Party (2016) - 4/10
I have no idea what did I just watch. How should I even rate this? In some wicked, twisted, deviated way it was funny. But... eh..
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

The Red Pill (2016) - 10/10

I encourage everyone to watch this documentary, it brings up a bit of feminism (which is a movement about finding equality in sexes) and their activist groups.
THOUGH, The films main dialogue is about MRA (Men's Rights Movement) and its incorrect "stamps" on the Internet about it being pro rape and racism, or hate against women.
It's recorded by a 10 year long feminist activist woman over a period of 1 year time.

This film got me thinking so hard about norms in our society, the feminists doesn't want society to see this because they are afraid we could start having other opinions than what they and the mainstream media want.

This film got banned in Australian cinemas by the work of feminist groups, watch this short discussion about it https://youtu.be/QQDOAFJwCnM.

MRA is pro equality, they are not a hate group against woman or anything like that, which comes forth really clear in the film.
Feminist groups want us to believe that though by making it banned everywhere, it didn't even get into Netflix.

It exists on YouTube for rent or buy.
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

The Foreigner - 6/10
Decent for a one-time watch
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Jim Gaffigan: Cinco: 5/10
semi-oke man but kinda boring humour

This Is It: 4/10
eh some interesting footage from MJ, and hard not to get a bit taken into teh level of star he was etc, but not really the most interesting thing in the world.

Dunkirk: 5/10
woaw extreme bore, no idea why high rated at all tbh... seemed to try really hard making tension/anxiety feel with sounds/music and anticipation stuff but just felt dumb to me. couldn't care less about anyone in teh movie also
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Radius: 7/10
oke so very far from perfect, and it has its issues with plot stuff and whatnot, but just really liked this one. Finally felt like something new with some kind of originality to it, however flawed it might be. Reminded me of what it felt like watching It Follows in a way, ignoring the completely different plot obviously. Basically not really a good movie but totally appreciate it for what it tried at least. im guess.... #makesmanthink
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Locke (2013) - 7/10
Cool concept. Some may find it really unappealing, but for me it gained a very good plotline just from the dialogues. This is a fine example how good dialogues can push the story forward. And Tom Hardy did a good job. This dude plays with his face all the time. I liked it really.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Brigsby Bear: 8/10
woaw, very surprise good. duno how to describe it, just one of those nise feel movs
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Jumanji (2017) - 4/10
A few funny moments but lacking the adventure feel that the 90's movie had. Disappointed even though I wasn't expecting much.
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

The Greatest Showman - 8/10
Actually liked it a lot. Not a typical musical, the songs were well-made and moving. Seems like the composers are (partly?) the same as in La La Land (9/10). Most of the movie has normal dialogue though, it's not like Sweeney Todd or Les Miserables. Had some issues with poorly made CGI and set pieces which unfortunately reminded me I was watching a movie. Also the first third or half of the movie felt slightly "right on track" with fast pacing and little conflict. Sounded great in 7.1. Recommended! Metascore is quite low tho.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Trevor Noah: Afraid of the Dark: 4/10 prety lame humour and annoy guy
Ryan Hamilton: Happy Face: 6/10 oke
Brian Regan: Nunchucks and Flamethrowers: 3/10 pos one of lamest non-funeyh standup ever saw almost
It: 6/10 been way too long since saw original, but I feel it was better? maybe? duno. it was pretty oke anyway, though annoyed it was split up because went into it thinking it was liek teh whole story at once, but guess not pos these days to release such long thing.
Creep 2: 7/10 pretty good sequel, enjoyed it a lot. If liked first one then pos like this too. I think both very underrated movs!
Brawl in Cell Block 99: 6/10 pretty retarded unbelievable stuff, but it was definitely entertaining and I enjoyed watching the whole thing despite all its flaws. Was just good fun.
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Star Wars: The Last Jedi - fantastic episode. The whole movie is about fighting traditions and literally killing the past in order to free yourself and establish your own identity. Just like Kylo Ren, the franchise is finally ready to mature and reinvent itself instead of depending on its outdated foundations. He is an amazing ambivalent villain and the best thing that could have happened to Star Wars. Excellent drama film with insane visuals (wow at the use of color, especially red) and cinematography.
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Ferdinand (2017) - 5/10
Actually better than expected even tho I had to watch it with swedish dub. Some really funny scenes and overall pleasant viewing.
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Star Wars VIII - VIII/10
Yep, really good one. I enjoyed.

Gonna watch 3 billboards soon, waiting for the cinema movie release.
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

Tigro wrote: 16 Jan 2018, 18:58 Star Wars VIII - VIII/10
Yep, really good one. I enjoyed.

Gonna watch 3 billboards soon, waiting for the cinema movie release.
i click Unread Posts for Lousku and the only thing i get is this.... fucking pain in the ass
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Wind River - 8/10
Ted - 6/10
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

K-19: The Widowmaker - 7/10
I saw it a long time ago so had to rewatch because I remembered it was pretty good. Yes, indeed it is okay movie.

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - 9/10
I have no idea how could I have been ignoring such a masterpiece for so long. Forman is a genius.
Zero
Kuski

Post by Zero »

Star Wars VIII - 3/10 / !!!SPOILERS!!!

Some reasons for disliking it as much as I did.

Extremely messy movie. Killed most of the plot lines that were hyped up in the The Force Awakens and gave us a terrible background for the next episode. The death of Snoke for instance made him useless in both Episode 7 and 8. They could have handled it so much better.

Soullessness. Everything felt very Hollywood-type of scripted to me meaning that they actors simply followed the guidelines brainlessly and couldn't bring anything of them own to them. I had absolutely no emotional connect to any of the characters although the Rey and Kylo plotline was mildly interesting. But instead of focusing on that they decided to follow the other characters more and quite honestly I forgot the name of the new asian female character immediately after watching them movie. I learnt nothing about the character and the kiss between her and Finn in the end of the film felt so very forced.

Luke Skywalker is now ruined forever, GG. A complete change of character made up for several cringeworthy moments and in the end they just killed him pointlessly. I find it funny that the character who tried to see positivity in Darth Vader was about to kill a boy in his sleep simply for being afraid. I really wouldn't want to compare this movie to the original trilogy in any shape or form but since Disney made the decision to forcefully include old characters in to the movie I must think accordingly. The final scene of Luke was so bad that I questioned whether it even was a death scene or not. Zero effort tbh. Whereas Han Solo work perfectly in Episode 7 the decisions made for Luke were atrocious and Disney should be embarrassed of themselves.

Porgs. Created only so that they can make toys and earn more money. The total lack of need for them felt kind of disgusting since it's obviously a marketing trick and nothing else. They served absolutely no purpose but to produce a few cheap awww moments throughout the film but I am too grumpy for such things.

I think the movie was put together in a great rush and it doesn't seem to have any kind of a structure. It was all over the place plotwise and due to many of the decisions Episode 9 seems to be beyond repair. I am very disappointed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZlw64mI228
Rank #1 battler and the champion of BOSS cup :gaa:
36 club since 02/2024
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

The New 8-bit Heroes: 6/10
Enjoy tropic and idea, but entire thing felt a bit too faked or disingenuous somehow, and was hard to like mans in mov.

Louis Theroux: Talking to Anorexia: 6/10
norm Louis oke-enjoy thing but not most interesting subject to me. Maybe gave some other perspective to it, but already seen million other things about same thing before so just kinda whatever.

Tom Segura: Disgraceful: 7/10
pretty on par with hims other stuff, if like him then enjoy.

Jigsaw: 6/10
yea not a good movie, like most of the other ones in the series. However these movies are mega enjoy to me no matter what. Way better than the one before this at the very least. If remotely liked anything else in this series then mebe enjoy a little.

Dave Chappelle: The Bird Revelation &
Dave Chappelle: Equanimity: 7/10
These were way way way better than his last specials last year, felt a bit more of him back to old form or style, duno.

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring: 7/10
Rewatched, I guess ez some decade ++ since last time saw. Think I had this as a 9-rated or so before. Watched the extended edition as well. Just.... not really very good as remember it. Things felt really outdated and lame/generic. Very weird. Still not horrible obv. The extended edition pacing is fucking garbage as well, probably not helping. imo just made movie worse. Usually one would enjoy heving like a director's cut or extended thing of a good movie, but this felt totally pointless. Just lots of unnecessary scenes that drag on several minutes more than they should, with boring filler shit that does not work in a movie like in the book probably.

American Made: 6/10
just oke. pretty predictable, plus tropic been kinda overdone lately. if seen Narcos and/or other documentaries or movies, then it feels a bit old.
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

Loveless/ Nelyubov (2017) 8,5/10

Wanted to see this, coz it is a Academy award nominee and I was not disappointed. I spyed it in small-ish cinema and it made the perfect atmosphere for it.
It is kinda raw, quite cold, a bit surreal at times, but sometimes very nicely depicting modern world with mobile phones and "untraditional" relationships.
Would recommend/10
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels