IMDB votelists

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Re: IMDB votelists

Post by John »

Close Encounter of the Third Kind - 5/10
Don't really see how this movie can have such a high rating on IMDb. So slow paced, which is not necessarily a bad thing as long as something is happening! Some scenes were too long but the visual effects were pretty good considering theyve aged almost 40 years.

Somm - 8/10
Very interesting documentary on Netflix. The production itself is nothing special but it easily kept my interest through interviews, facts and pacing. I'm not even into food and wine (although I like watching such documentaries on Netflix oddly enough, for example this one) but the ticking time bomb as the master sommelier exams are coming closer and the impressive skills shown made this a nice viewing.
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

The Lost Room - 9/10
really good scifi miniseries. there was some bad acting (not really overly bad but some standard tv show side character level) and writing but the concept is interesting so i can forgive some of those aspects, some nice dry humor also and the series doesnt take it too seriously even if its mostly a serious show

Warcraft - 4/10
wasnt expecting much but this movie was kinda "messy", the director said he had to cut 40 minutes and everything seemed kinda rushed. characters were kinda meh, action was kinda meh, just meh all over!
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Zoolander 2: 2/10
Not a huge fan of the first one, but at least I found it funny enough to have some memorable moments and enjoyed watching it. This one however, dear lord... Complete garbage.

Tyttö sinä olet tähti: 4/10
Not very great... Didn't mind sitting through it too much, but was hard to ignore how poorly done it was with writing, acting and all shit.

Explorers: 3/10
First half of this it seemed like some sort of Goonies feel, but still just strictly worse. Then the second half came and it turned into the most shitty thing ever.
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

The Monster Squad: 7/10
WOW fucking sik COOL-ASS 80s movie, got dat klasik goonies feel. hot babes, milfs, kid club, redemption vs bullies/cool kids, action adventure, some gore, mediocre acting but with genuine 80s goodness feel to it. sometimes following a formula is worthwhile. ez 8 in enjoyment level becuz so pure 80s, but realistically maybe not the greatest unless really into this sort of thing. im loved though.
Pascal
Kuski

Post by Pascal »

Me Before You - 8/10
No necesarilly fan of romances but this one was especially good, the best I saw in a while. Well played and emotional story.

The Conjuring - 7/10
Heard many good opinions about this one and in fact it was very good. Certainly above average, was scary and had nice plot.

The Conjuring 2: The Enfield Poltergeist - 5/10
Disappointing especially because according to reviews it was better than the first one. Pretty mediocre, not really scary and sometimes boring. Only BOOOO! scenes all the time, the poorest way of builidng tension. Some scenes were just ridicoulous like dog transforming into clown or something (not much a spoiler, so don't be mad if you haven't seen it yet).
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

Knocked Up 4/10
this was some weird mix of seth rogen stoner comedy and norm romatic comedy and it didnt fit together at all, 3-4 movie but it still had few ok jokes so gave it generous 4
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Let Us Prey: 5/10
This wasn't halfbad for what it was, but not really anything special either. Pretty predictable happenings and whatnot, but totally oke to spy if in mood for something like this.

Last Shift: 3/10
This was however bad even for what it was, predictable as shit and boring beyond belief. One of those horror movies where everything in it is distorted high pitched sounds and jump scares and someone walking around in the dark going into rooms and 50/50 whether something there that's supposed to look scary or just fool you. Gets so old quickly.

Green Room: 6/10
Was entertaining enough and half decent. A little breath of fresh air in this kind of genre I guess, maybe some 6.5 more like it. Still pretty overrated on IMDB though, duno if people voting just because of that guy starring in it dying irl or people terrible taste, maybe both.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Honeymoon: 3/10
Started out little promising, or at least looked like it could be not too retarded movie, but was only foaled for a little bit. It really went into complete retardo direction and ruined whole movie, really extremely skippable. Only +1 for Ygritte, that's about it.

Creep: 7/10
This was way better than expected going into it, enjoyed it all the way through and loved everything about it. Still 7 is pretty generous because it has some things about it that fails, and it's not like a master piece or anything. Just super enjoyable and tense and overall cool atmosphere and style.
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

The BFG - blargh, wtf Spielberg? I know it's very much for kids so I can't bash it much but damn. Very simplistic, many annoyingly and embarrassingly long scenes, instead of something interesting happening they just show more and more CGI that doesn't do much. And overall most scenes are just kinda clumsy and unconvincing. Not good Steven.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

The Crash Reel: 5/10
Pretty average documentary, not really super interesting subject matter or people in it for my taste, but didn't mind it too much either I guess.

The Triangle: 3/10
I went into this pretty blindly, only quickly spied the short plot synopsis of it and decided to watch because its clickbait story made me want to figure out what this documentary was about. I must give them credit, until halfway I actually did think I was watching a documentary with the way it was filmed and the acting. Got foaled by the documentary tag, and after halfway into the movie when things started not making sense and suddenly the way people were acting didn't feel real anymore I realized it's not actually a fucking documentary and it made me annoyed as fuck and then I hated the entirety of what was left of the movie because it ended up being some fucking shitty blair witch project except without the horror part. duno why exactly but it made me so fucking disappointed.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice: 3/10
Decided to give it a chance, even though so many people complained about it, it still had a decent-ish rating, how bad could it be??? Pretty bad it turns out. The movie was all over the place, disjointed and no coherent story or build-up with anything, just random scenes thrown at the screen it seemed like. And even when they had 3 fucking hours to tell a story, they somehow still didn't manage to make anything interesting to take you into the movie. Everything that happened was pretty damn expected as well, no surprises, nothing original or exciting. Such a completely lackluster movie, incredibly devoid of any soul or imagination, everything just felt so contrived and idiot. 3 might even be a bit generous to give it.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Demolition: 7/10
This was just great, made me smile whole movie almost, just really enjoyed all about it. It's not quite 8 movie but maybe some 7.5 appropriate! Dunno, could see people not liking this at all, and it's not really anything amazing or special, but something about it just made me thoroughly love it all the way through
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Conspiracy: 5/10
Pretty average tv movie, had some nice random actors who were funny to see together like this, but the movie wasn't really very good, not horrible either though.

The Rainmaker: 5/10
Pretty meh. The whole story and characters were just so unbelievable, everything was so over the top dramatic that it was just laughable at points, and with some silly narrating voice over trying to do some kind of disney-hollywood good feeling all the time, yuck.

Hart's War: 5/10
This had kinda same problem, stupid characters and story, felt so contrived. Nothing likable about anything or anyone, just really average.

Primal Fear: 6/10
Slightly alright, pretty much the best I can say about it. Had some interesting twists and turns which were enjoyable and saved the movie from being completely meh.

Only the Dead: 5/10
Pretty much similar to any other of the million imbedded war documentaries out there, just different people different place different time etc. Some interesting things but overall meh.

Breaker Morant: 4/10
zzznore for the most part. horrible editing and cuts, felt so amateurish and poorly put together, same goes with the acting and pretty much all of the story and everything. Really zero idea how this has so high rating, was pretty garbage.

It's Kind of a Funny Story: 6/10
Almost a 7 from me, but not quite up there. Was just funny and cute and enjoyable, not too serious or too stupid. Enjoyed actors and characters.
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Genius - a very good movie imo, Colin Firth is fantastic there, just like everyone around him. I've actually never heard of Thomas Wolfe before, so a moment or two felt a bit overly dramatic/contrived perhaps, but now I see in Wikipedia that all these things really happened, so can't really complain. Very nice, I'd say worth watching if you wanna see something thoughtful.
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

Diving Into The Unknown 7/10
documentary about a diving accident deep in an underwater cave that causes two fatalities and then official recovery of the bodies failing so the original crew decides to take matters into their own hands and attempt to retrieve the bodies on their own. they kinda brushed over the accident and focused more on the recovery and i didnt get a clear picture of what exactly went wrong and why, they had cool 3d animations about the layout of the cave and where people were at different points of the recovery and they should have shown the accident in same way. still its a nice documentary and the footage is surprisingly good considering the extreme environment
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

En man som heter Ove: 7/10
Some 7.5ish mebe for me, I liked very. It's pretty intensely sweet and pretty predictable with what happens, but luckily everything about it is done really well and the characters are awesome and enjoyable, so you just kinda forgot how it's this sugar sweet on the rails type of affair. Recommend 4shure!

Krampus: 6/10
Surprisingly decent for what it was. It had a sort of enjoyable Gremlins feel to it, like it could almost become some sort of cult classic. Not too campy and ridiculous, but still very unserious either way. Few funny moments and creepy at the same time, had a nice balance of things.

De ofrivilliga: 6/10
Strangely enjoyable. Putting it on you almost forgot you are watching a movie in a strange way, was just like seeing random images and glimpses into some different life. Kinda going right on the edge of that uncomfortable to watch type of things because of cringy scenes and situations. I enjoyed, but sort of left me wanting a bit more out of it.

En ganske snill mann: 6/10
Slightly above average, but ultimately nothing amazing. Sort of liked though anyway, really wasn't very good still but oke.

Hundraåringen som klev ut genom fönstret och försvann: 6/10
Quite enjoyed this one, but it did feel a bit weird in some ways. Story just felt a bit... ugh dunno, it became a bit over the top, besides that very fantasy-nature of it that is intended. Either way worth a watch if bored.
Polarix
Kuski
Team: TR

Post by Polarix »

Hundreåringen is a very good movie, I give 8/10
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

The Legend of Tarzan (2016) - 5/10
A strong 5. Quite liked it but somehow I just couldn't put a 6 on it. It looked quite cool, some bad CGI occasionally but nice landscapes and settings. Margot Robbie always pleasant to look at too.

Nice to see you liked Ove skint0r, I agree with everything you said about it.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Yeu Ove was sik nice, if only it had something more to it I would have given 8.

Criminal: 4/10
lul.. i went into it thinking it must be extreme shit so thought maybe it could surprise me. nope, was just shit. so dumb.

Below: 5/10
eh... pretty much just that: eeeeh. Not horrible but not good at all either. Would have to be extremely bored or be in mood for this exact kind of movie to remotely enjoy I think. Pretty much submarine movie with idiot people, disguising as almost horror but is just really more thriller, but shit at all parts anyway.

Hardcore Henry: 5/10
Close between 4 or 5 for this, really was quite idiotic, only remedied by some originality to it even if it's a complete gimmick thing. Hated everyone in it and so bleeeeh story etc. Wish they would just have skipped any attempt at a story and just go with the stupidity instead and it would be less retarded.

Takaisin pintaan: 4/10
Very boring and uninteresting subject to me, at least the way this was presented. Not much backstory to anything and just left wandering wtf why it happen and what problem and how so hard, even though I don't doubt it actually is etc. Dunno just didn't like much about it.
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094226/ The Untouchables 1987 - 4/10
this movie was pretty all over, at some points it was lighthearted and some points very serious. one of the worst soundtracks of any movie ive watched, few good songs but 90% total garbage that doesnt fit the scenes at all

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072890/ Dog Day afternoon 1975 - 8/10
good one, al pacino was great
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

The Jacket: 5/10
Basik norm mystery almost horror but more thriller thing, kept my interest enough to spy it through, but not very good beyond that.

Black Sea: 4/10
Average people-stuck-together movie where you know pretty much exactly what's going to happen and which characters will be annoying or do something stupid. Nothing good about this.

Heathers: 6/10
Started out decently, then slowly got a bit meh throughout. Had this awesome campy humour thing going for it and it was kinda hilarious and felt like it could be a good cult movie type of thing. Too bad the second half or so just ruined anything good about it and just made it another average affair. Maybe worth a watch, duno.

Mannen fra Snåsa: 4/10
Documentary about this Norwegian so-called miracle healer dude who had gotten somewhat famous. Actually seemed like an alright guy in the movie, and not some guy out to scam people directly, just ending up with seeing how people believe in random shit and make themselves feel better just by talking and visiting him etc. Unfortunately still a pretty shitty movie because of the director woman who made it seem even more retarded and about herself in some weird way. Seems like very narcissistic woman, can just feel it somehow.

The Guest: 7/10
Finally something decent. Loved this movie, despite it falling flat with the ending parts. Has one of the most amazing 80s synth type of soundtracks ever, made the movie even more awesome.

The Verdict: 6/10
Extreme average court movie thing.

A Time To Kill: 6/10
Extreme average court movie thing. This time with more unbelievable events and scenarios taking place, but moderately more entertaining so balances out to still be average boring.

Money Monster: 6/10
Honestly kinda enjoyed this, but still not a great movie or anything. Stuff taking place felt so incredibly unreal it was hard to really get into the movie, like this stuff would never in a million years take place. Still oke, maybe worth watch if want something brainless and entertaining enough.

Dog Pound: 6/10
Basik youth in prison movie, some oke characters and not too bad, just felt a bit boring in the end.

The Jungle Book: 3/10
lol so bade wtf, can't believe this rating at all.

Now You See Me 2: 4/10
The first movie, while not great at all, was at least quite entertaining and enjoyable. This one is such a bag of shit, like holy fuck did they mess this one up. It's so incredibly cliche filled and just awful in everything from the characters, writing and BLURGH. Giving it a 4 is pretty generous, but I guess 3 is a bit too little despite how bad it was.

I Spit on Your Grave: 3/10
The remake. Pretty much just as bad as the original, maybe slightly better. Some interesting revenge deaths in the end, that's about it. Awful and trite otherwise.

Adventureland: 5/10
Eh... 5 is maybe a bit low, but it got hard to enjoy much of it towards the end with how things developed. Started out ok but got meh. Slightly funny but eeeeh.

Hush: 5/10
Somewhat interesting concept. For a horror movie, the main character wasn't a complete retard all things considering, so it was somewhat decent. Just not very interesting stuff happening though.

Carrie: 4/10
Da remake again. Meh, slightly more enjoyable than the original, still pretty shit. Chloe though.

KidPoker: 6/10
Not the most amazing documentary, but love the dude so much and was fun seeing some old memories of him and stuff. I guess worth a watch if remotely interested in poker.

The Man Who Knew Infinity: 4/10
Jesus this was a real bore to sit through. Already knew a bit about the guy from before, figured it might be an interesting story. Apparently the people who made this movie decided that was not the case, or maybe he just didn't have the most interesting life after all. This was just total shit.

Captain America: Civil War: 5/10
5 is pretty generous I guess. duno why I keep expecting something to actually be good when watching these, thinking maybe the average movie goer has some sense and there's a reason why it's high rated. NOPE.

The Conjuring 2: 6/10
Way worse than the first movie. pretty much only saved because I love the two main characters and their whole story from the first one, which made this watchable. For a horror movie, not terrible I guess anyway.

The Nice Guys: 6/10
God damn this had some fucking hilarious scenes and a nice vibe to it. Wasn't digging the story at all though, and got a bit bored watching it. Only thing that made it worth watching was the few humorous scenes pretty much.

Starry Eyes: 3/10
No, just terrible. Senseless shit even for a horror movie.

Man vs Snake: The Long and Twisted Tale of Nibbler: 7/10
Dug this, you probably will too if you enjoyed the King vs Kong movie or whatever it was called. Pretty much the same kind of thing here.

The Eye: 3/10
Boring as fuck, idiot movie. Definitely don't watch, no reason at all to do so.
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Captain Fantastic - very nice, from the first minutes I knew I'll enjoy it and throughout the whole thing there was nothing for me to complain about. I say go watch it unless you're a Christian or just very traditional sort of person (the movie is a bit radical I guess).
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Okay, so I haven't written here in a while, but watched several movies. Failed to go to the cinema several times for the good chatches, but I hope I will collect them later (Suicide squad, Secret life of pets, BFG, Sausage Party, etc.)
Too lazy to add links, you still prolly know all of these movies alreadi, so I don't see the point.

The Walk (2015) - 9/10
Amazing. It got me entertained for the whole time, I laughed a lot and kept staring at the screen. Levitt played a great role, as well as I liked Ben Kingsley's performance.

Amadeus (1984) - 8/10
Miloš Forman makes great movies, too bad he is so old. This one is preety good.

The Aviator (2004) - 8/10
Imo one of the best DiCaprio movies. Good cast, good performance. good story.

22 Jump Street (2014) - 2/10
I don't get this type of humour. It isn't entertaining at all. It's just going full retard. Never go full retard. Althought Channing Tatum is a fine actor, he made a fool of himself. But if it earns moni, then I get it. But still. Why?

2 Fast 2 Furious (2003) - 7/10
I watched this a long time ago and seen it several times, but never really reviewed or rated it. For me it's probably the best F&F movie out there. Not that much stupid action, but enough plot and story and enough nice cars and girls, etc. Maybe Tokyo drift is somewhere around this point too.

The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (2006) - 6/10
More nice cars, but shittier story. Still one of the best.

San Andreas (2015) - 5/10
This kind of movies is never good. And the Rock didn't help this one either. It is just so unconvincing and feels stupid. I wonder why I gave it as much as 5. Prolly some good CGI or so, don't remember. It was long ago.

Prometheus (2012) - 5/10
Apart the fact that many of the ideas are Giger's ripoffs of Alejandro Jodorowsky's Dune project (which angers me to insanity), this movie seemed promising in its darkness and mystery. But when people started being unprofessional and supid, it all fell apart and I wasn't able to focus on the good things around, like the environment and graphics and music. I had to see the big flaws in story and people's behavioral patterns. Still, it earned 5, so... Not actually that bad, just sub-par. And I expected way above par.

The Curious case of Benjamin Button (2008) - 8/10
I love Pitt+Blanchett combo, as well as in Babel movie. Interesting plot idea, and well performed and executed.

Man of Steel (2013) - 7/10
For some reason I spyed this after seeing Dawn of Justice. This was better than that. Great music, that has to be said.

Mr. Holmes (2015) - 7/10
Was positively surprised by this one. It sat in the corner of my HBO Go, so I gave it a shot and wasn't disappointed. Simple, yet entertaining story, good acting, though Ian McKellen is really getting old. Pretty cool tho.

American History X (1998) - 8/10
This movie is almost 20 years old, yet still is a very good piece of artwork. For some reason I started to like movies depicting the bad, wrong, cruel and nasty side of being a human. This movie shows it very precisely and interestingly.

Fantastic Four (2015) - 3/10
So even when I promised I wouldn't watch this, I couldn't resist. And it was a mistake. It really is that terrible. Cringy, awkward and obnoxious. Naive and stupid. Nuff said.

Pixels (2015) - 6/10
Possibly the only Adam Sandler movie that I enjoyed in some way. I knew this was going to be total BS, but in the end I found myself enjoying it. Maybe starting with an attitude that this can bring any stupidity helped it. It indeed was stupid, but at least it made me laugh.

Warcraft (2016) - 7/10
I went to cinema right after becoming a bachelor, to relieve myself from the school stress. It did indeed relieve me, because I quite enjoyed the flavor it had. Yes, it's not that great of a movie, but imo watchable and even enjoyable.

Kill Bill vol. 1 (2003) - 6/10
So, Tarantino's directing pinnacle work. Blood and strange things happening, etc... What I like in his movies, is that he doesn't give a shit and inserts a storytelling parts here and there, dviding the movie into chapters etc. It gives the movie a different feel and is imo awesome. The movie as a whole isn't that breathtaking or anything, for someone even unwatchable, but I managed.

Kill Bill vol. 2 (2004) - 5/10
More boring than the first one. Otherwise the same.

Pacific Rim (2013) - 4/10
Didn't know it was DelToro's movie until after I watched it. And I guess he underperformed. Maybe nice robots and stuff, but in the whole very unconvincing and the whole idea was plain stupid. I know, I know, it wasn't really about that, rather than about the relationship of those two, but still, action movie with not enough spirit for me.

Salt (2010) - 7/10
I have to watch this again to fully appretiate. But all in all, very good one, pretty unpredictable and it sucked me into the story.

Sharknado (2013) - 1/10
No comment. Maybe I'll ony justify you why I watched these. Basically - younger cousin was visiting us and was a bit bored so he started Netflix and we watched 3 sharknados in a row for the lulz. I will never be the same again.

Sharknado 2: The Second One (2014) - 1/10
period.

Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No! (2015) - 1/10
This one was the best. If you know what I mean.
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Jason Bourne - eh. I've only seen the first movie before so maybe I missed something important, but to me it seemed like about 75% of it could have been cut without losing much. All these annoyingly long chase sequences with that dumb music kind of ruined the whole thing. A shame, because it could have been a cool movie if they instead concentrated on how the CIA works, added more details and backgrounds, etc. I don't remember the first movie too well, but wasn't it much more rich on psychological details and actual plot advancement instead of pointless action?

Alicia Vikander is hot as shit though, it was always a pleasure to see her on the screen even though her acting was very monotonous (which maybe makes sense since agents are supposed to be calm and stuff).
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Ghostbusters (2016) - lol, I enjoyed it. Very likeable main cast, especially the university girl and the crazy blonde chick. Plot is kinda basic and that resulted in a couple of boring scenes, but it didn't matter much to me because I was just happy to keep looking at the characters and their interactions, as well as the cute little details that appeared everywhere. Not the kind of movie where you laugh a lot, but I had a slightly dumb smile on my face most of the time. I am often rather critical of reboots, remakes and sequels, but I'm satisfied with this one. I think I don't dare to look at the comments on the internet though. xd
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Sully - a bit misleading maybe? It begins with this strong image of a hero who's all confused: even though he just did something incredible and everyone is praising him, he feels kinda lost because of how shocking it was, and when the investigators start pressuring him, he begins to wonder whether he did the right thing and even doubt his own sanity as the facts don't seem to match what he is saying. But then all this gets resolved in the most awkward Hollywood-style scene imaginable. I was expecting at least a semi-dramatic ending with maybe him getting diagnosed with a slight mental illness and having to get a job outside of planes. Maybe it's not very nice to want a less happy ending when the movie is based on real events lol? Kinda funny feeling. Well, I still can appreciate the belief in humanity shown in this film.
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Sully - 7/10
A bit over-complicated way of storytelling with a bit too much jumping back and forth in time, I would've liked a more linear approach. The scenes of the actual incident wasnt as intense when you had already kinda seen it a couple of times. Tom Hanks very good tho. Aaron Eckhart also good portrayal.
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

I really didn't understand what was the point of showing the same stuff on that conference at the end. One of the weirdest uses of repetition I've ever seen in cinema.
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

the nice guys - 6/10 pretty much same opinion as skint0r. kiss kiss bang bang is better movie with similar plot though this was watchable also

godfather 8/10
godfather part II 8/10 both good movies even if quite long and could have cut down a bit

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070666/ serpico 6/10 based on true story about a cop whistleblower and how the other cops turned against him, a lot of this was kinda meh but this better than avg movie so i gave 6

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106519/ carlito's way 9/10 really enjoyed this one, similar to scarface but a lot better imo, good story and characters
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

Suicide Squad - 5/10
Even though I like superhero movies, this one wasn't that good. And without Will Smith's performance I would rate it even lower.

Jason Bourne - 8/10
Really liked it, also Alicia Vikander hot as hell.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

The Tunnel: 5/10
This started out sort of interesting, despite concept already having been done a billion times in horror movies, it seemed to bring a little fresh flavor to it with a nice slow buildup and a nice feel to it. Was quite enjoying it, but then unfortunately turned into norm cliche idiot fest with annoying screaming girl etc and just orka.

Bølgen (The Wave): 5/10
Pretty damn average movie, 5 might be a bit generous but oh well. For a norge movie it almost wasn't horrible so that's something I guess. Plot is nothing new so it's pretty much up to how much you enjoy the characters or can stand the actors, so I guess I didn't mind it too much but that's about it.

Brødre (Brothers): 5/10
This is basically the norge answer to Boyhood, if it was a documentary and not a made up movie. Or an attempt I guess anyway. Fell kinda flat in the end, because it was mostly pretty uneventful with just a few interesting moments of their life captured. Instead movie was more about this mother's need to make some artistic shitter opinions and voiceovers to make meaning out of the boring shit that happened.

Tsumetai nettaigyo (Cold Fish): 5/10
I was mostly unable to enjoy this properly because of the incredibly annoying initial antagonist character you are met with, it was hard to really get into this and believe how fucking passive and pathetic the main guy is and how all this could happen. It started pretty slowly, and eventually built up into something interesting where I enjoyed it more, but it was sort of too late already. 5 might be a bit harsh really, it was an interesting movie and mans might enjoy the weird fucked up shit in it, but I was too annoyed early in it to appreciate teh.

Warcraft: 3/10
dear lord... i heard this wasn't too bad, but I was lied to. Garbage movie. Most basik shit plot ever, with how much lore and stories there are to choose from in the warcraft universe, they really picked the most bland shit to make a movie out of. Felt like zero of the actors fit to the character they were playing, weak ass acting, cgi looks out of place and weird even though it's not poorly done it's just... not fitting with the rest of the world. Mega disappoint shitter stuff here, but maybe I'm just critical from having played the game so long and have complete diff idea in head of things, and that it's geared to non-players. But even then it's still basic as shit so dunno how this got so high rating at all.

X-Men: Apocalypse: 7/10
These newest x-men movies are great, feeling just like the first couple when they were still good. Seems like maybe they learnt a lesson with all the mediocre movies in between that were universally shit. Hope they keep this up with the new movies as well, I'll keep watching and enjoy. Usually most superhero movies are total shit, but for some reason just digging the x-men stuff.
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

Captain America: Civil War: 5/10
I like marvel movies but captain america has always been weakest of their franchises. usually they are somewhat saved by having other actual better superheroes but this time movie was filled with shit tier heroes and a lot of the action was just basically hand to hand combat you can see in any regular action movie. plot was also kinda horrible

X-Men: Apocalypse: 8/10
not huge fan of the new younger cast except for sophie turner as jean grey. hate jennifer lawrence though, how does she get so many roles wtf. last few marvel movies have had problems with getting a proper villain but i think they fixed it this time. despite the bit meh new cast teh action was nice and effects etc so still very watchable
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

Vermin Supreme wrote:Captain America: Civil War: 5/10
I like marvel movies but captain america has always been weakest of their franchises. usually they are somewhat saved by having other actual better superheroes but this time movie was filled with shit tier heroes and a lot of the action was just basically hand to hand combat you can see in any regular action movie. plot was also kinda horrible

X-Men: Apocalypse: 8/10
not huge fan of the new younger cast except for sophie turner as jean grey. hate jennifer lawrence though, how does she get so many roles wtf. last few marvel movies have had problems with getting a proper villain but i think they fixed it this time. despite the bit meh new cast teh action was nice and effects etc so still very watchable
Kind of important distinction here though. Marvel Studios makes Captain America, 21st Century Fox makes X-Men. Both are around 7 for me purely for the mindless entertainment. As actual movies with actual plots they're both more like 5.
<veezay> antti also gonna get stabbed later this month
<nick-o-matic> niec

My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

+1: 6/10
bit basic movie with not too original idea but was ok entertainment

Zoolander 2: 5/10
i heard this is megashit but it wasnt THAT bad. the main duo was quite unfunny and a lot of the jokes fell flat but will ferrell saved the movie imo. lots of bad product placement and million stupid unnecessary cameos very out of place kinda annoying

Sicario: 4/10
pretty uninteresting movie and not much suspense or anything, just a series of events and quite bore

Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice: 3/10
real shitter, story was total clusterfuck and much of the dialogue seemed like it was written for retards and some of it was total cringe. dunno how to miscast lex luthor any worse and jesse eisenberg was terrible, didnt mind ben affleck as batman though. mabe 2/10 movie but i like dem effects and they were nice so sick 3/10 rating

KidPoker: 4/10
i have followed poker casually for quite some time but never really played myself but always liked the personalities the community has. negreanu was never one of my favorites though and document jumped a lot in time. was some point at 2000ish then jumped straight to 2013, dunno why because the poker boom was at full force just during that skipped time period. would have wanted them to include more poker player interviews also. document also bad for wider audience without much knowledge about poker scene etc so not the best doc mabe
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Florence Foster Jenkins - 6/10
Weak 6. Meryl driving the Oscar vehicle on autopilot.

Captain Fantastic - 7/10
Great movie with nice indie feel to it.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Btw for mans still not hip... maybe time to join Discord server...!: http://mopolauta.moposite.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9522
You can now do !set imdb <your-imdb-ratings-url> to set your rating url, then !imdbupdate to update your ratings. The bot we have been developing will import all your ratings (takes a little while if long list because imdb is slow as fuck). Then you can do !imdbtop to list top movies by all server mans there. Right now only shows by default top10 list to avoid spam and shit, but there is also a website for the bot which is jointly updated with features as they are developed, and at some point there will be complete list there with more filters and stuff. Would be interesting to get some idea of elmans favorite movs and recommendations 8) In future there will be genre and year filtering etc as well. There is also atm !imdbtop series to list series instead of movies.

Come join nabs!

Kopaka shows how insane feature!!!!
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

R: 6/10
Pretty decent danish prison movie, sort of predictable stuff for the most part and slightly cliche, but enjoyed enough.

Up in the Air: 7/10
Was sort of funny and cute, nice relax romcom kinda thing. As always, maybe gave +1 just because Anna Kendrick....

Happiness: 4/10
Had this on my watchlist forever, finally got around to watch it. Don't get the "hype" around this at all, boring as shit, nonsense stories that goes nowhere. Only few funny scenes sporadically. Felt like very trying to be edgy.

The Message: 1/10
One of my few remaining titles on the top250 list. Managed to sit through 1.5hrs of this but then just had to turn off and abort completely, which I rarely do. Just terrible senseless garbage. Can't enjoy these kind of religious movies at all unless it's more historical and not about actual religion. Just very annoy knowing it's all bullshit and people trying this hard to portray some kind of story as reality. Besides that, the story and events are just boring as hell anyway.

Song of the Sea: 3/10
Another one on the top250 list I had left. Kind of avoided a long time because I hated the previous movie from the people behind this and I just knew this was going to be similar kind of thing with stupid irish fairytale nonsense and pretentious art style and bleh. Don't like these things at all, but at least I guess I could see why others would. Just no surprises or anything special about this.

Ghostbusters: 5/10
Way better than expected going into this. Really wasn't terrible at all. Laughed a bit, didn't hate anything too much or find it super corny. Just a few random unnecessary drawn out lame family guy type of scenes and jokes here and there. Nice effects and coal ghosts imo. Cool with cameos from all main people in original movie as well, guess I for some reason always appreciate and enjoy those. By no means was it good, nor should it have been made or be any reason for a remake of such a great movie franchise anyway. I kinda enjoyed watching it though, and it probably got way more hated than it deserved.
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Yeah, to my surprise I quite enjoyed the cameos, especially seeing Bill Murray made me smile before he even started talking.)

btw I feel like maybe Russian dub made the movie better for me. I watched the trailers to compare the voices and they seemed too normal to me or something. In the dub they were more exaggerated (wow I made three mistakes on my first attempt to spell this word) and I think it really works well with silly movies like this.
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Snowden - nice movie with obviously very interesting plot. The above average length felt totally justified, no complaints here. Very cool touch with the man himself appearing at the end. kuchi is completely satisfied.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising: 5/10
I liked it a bit better than the first, still pretty average at best. Got a few nice laughs out of it though, even not being a fan of anyone in the movie particularly. Well except Cloë.

Children of Heaven: 7/10
Another one remaining in the top250 list for me. This was pretty adorable and entertaining, quite captivating once you saw down with it. Im liked quite a bit.

Tickled: 8/10
Highly recommend watching this if you're a fan of Louis Theroux, this gives the same kind of vibe and atmosphere as his documentaries. This was surprisingly interesting going into it without having read or seen much about it, and took some very weird turns. Totally didn't expect to like this so much. Dunno if 8 a little high, maybe just extra documentary enjoynga +1 but whatever, was really interesting.
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Brooklyn - 6/10
Weak 6. Not that interesting tbh, but good acting I guess.

The Magnificent Seven - 6/10
Also a weak 6. Decent movie although quite predictable, some good actors even though no challenging characters etc. Watched this in 4DX in New York :) 4DX was quite distracting, wouldn't really recommend it.
skint0r wrote:Ghostbusters: 5/10
Pretty cool, I visited the Ghostbusters fire station in Tribeca on the day of your post :p
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Snowden - 6/10

Deepwater Horizon - 6/10

Lots of average movies lately. Entertaining but not so deep.
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children - 3/10
Boring, had trouble staying awake because of uninteresting plot.

The Secret Life of Pets - 5/10
Pretty funny at times.

Rosemary's Baby - 8/10
Quite unsettling even today.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

I have nothing positive or interesting to say but I have watched into the wild earlier and I didn't like it, it seems to stay above 8 rating which normally means good movie, so I decided to watch it again, but nope, it's ridiculous :D every 5 mins there is a 30 sec long scene where dude runs / laughs / cheers / fuk yeah's in the outcast. And in other scenes all he is eating is berries and random roots, with the occasional game :D. In reality he should have 0 energy to do any sort of happy runs uphill, cheering, laughing, smiling, fuk yeahs'ing. In reality he should be feeling fuckiing miserable, like any western cunt who has been eating high carb diet for 25 years and then suddenly living off raw vegetables. The only realism is presented in the very end of the movie

Very difficult to watch this movie

I'd consider "The Way Back" far better survival movie
ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Post by ville_j »

I don't remember if Into the Wild was trying to be accurate on that aspect but I don't think so and it didn't bother me at all, 9/10.
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

Magnificent Seven was oke action movie imo. Perhaps a bit excessive on the plot armour, but good fun either way. Until the very last scene. They managed the whole movie without narration, and then they royally fucked up at the end. I mean what the actual fuck? That closing narration was so forced, awkward, out of place and I don't fucking know what. I actually laughed out loud because I couldn't contain myself it was so stupid. It's like a leading racing driver who slammed into the wall 50 meters before the checkered flag because he suddenly forgot how to drive.
<veezay> antti also gonna get stabbed later this month
<nick-o-matic> niec

My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

Tickled 7/10 quite bizarre but very interesting, truth stranger than fiction type of thing

My scientology movie 3/10 really disappointing, not much about scientology at all, imo this reveals more about the "defector" than scientology itself, didnt like going clear that much but its still better doc about scientology. this is worst louis theroux doc by far imo

Louis Theroux: Savile 7/10 have not seen the original but it was not really needed, released same week as scientology mov and maybe theroux knew scientology thing was not good so this there to balance things out

Cocaine Cowboys 8/10 really good documentary about 80s miami cocaine business. they interview drug smugglers and other people involved. 2.5h doc but really fast paced and the stories are insane, didnt know how much of miami was actually built on drug money
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

Ruben wrote:Magnificent Seven was oke action movie imo. Perhaps a bit excessive on the plot armour, but good fun either way. Until the very last scene. They managed the whole movie without narration, and then they royally fucked up at the end. I mean what the actual fuck? That closing narration was so forced, awkward, out of place and I don't fucking know what. I actually laughed out loud because I couldn't contain myself it was so stupid. It's like a leading racing driver who slammed into the wall 50 meters before the checkered flag because he suddenly forgot how to drive.
Oke simple movie I think. But the one thing that really pissed me off/made me laugh at the end was how none of the villagers seemed bothered with the fact that because of Denzel's plan like 3/4 of the villagers were dead (parents, siblings, children, friends, etc.), and were just thanking him continuously. Yeah, no problem bitches. At your service.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

My scientology movie - ? / 10

I think I'll have to rewatch, much of it just seemed so garbled that I couldn't actually grasp the content. But possibly it's because of the nature of scientology and stuff. But it pretty clearly showed how people can be manipulated to the extent of actually commiting a social suicide. It was disturbing, but in a different way I thought it would be. It showed different aspects of the phenomenon than I thought it would, etc... Not a garbage movie, I can't say it was. But for me it was really hard to grasp (I didn't have subtitles and was getting lost in the names and whatnot, so it could be the reason). So the rating can vary from 4 to 8 somewhere.
anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

Swiss Army Man (2016) - 5/10
It has its moments, the beginning is hilarious and sets up the tone for the rest of the movie brilliantly. I also liked the ending, - it seems like it would be easy to screw it up given how little actually happens prior to it, but they did a relatively good job not overdoing it. Nothing special, but at least nothing horrible. However, there are a lot of boring filler scenes throughout the whole thing, which imo feel weak and thus didn't have the necessary punch to keep me interested. I get what they were going for, but it failed to connect with me. Wouldn't watch again, but it's a fine choice for when you want to see something fucked up & funny. Seeing a dead Harry Potter save the day with his magical farts and puke is a curiously captivating experience.

Oculus (2013) - 7.5/10
Atmospheric horror story about a supernatural killer mirror LUL. I went in with super low expectations and was pleasantly surprised by the end. Parallel-istic nature of the narrative works well and enhances the feeling of being captured by madness. Acting is also pretty solid. Would recommend to horror enthusiasts.
Pascal
Kuski

Post by Pascal »

Inferno - 5/10

Loved the book. It had great plot which wasn't clichéd in my opinion. On the other hand, the film was just mediocre. Interesting villain from book was replaced with dull one. Felicity Jones was as annoying as always and doesn't really reflect her book archetype. Tom Hanks did OK. They changed many IMPORTANT event from book and I didn't like it since it made the film more schematic. Also, did I mention replacing German named Bruder with French Negro?