Global Warming

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

Global Warming is...

human made
33%
natural and nothing to do with the human pollution.
13%
all bull shit political talk
30%
boring
24%

Total votes: 46

Xiphias
39mins club

Global Warming

Post by Xiphias »

What do you think about the subject?

Saw "An Inconvenient truth" again on monday. I thought it was a very interesting movie, that had a few good theories, but then I saw The Great Global Warming Swindle (which is a movie that argues against Al Gore's movie) and now I'm all confused.

At first I thought that Al Gore's facts or statements I believe a bit in those CO2 theories Al Gore is talking about, even though I'm normally very skeptic. But this Global Warming Swindle documentary twists it all over. It seems it has much better facts than Al Gore's dramatized movie. Now it seems for me that An Inconvenient truth is pure bs :P

Have you seen these movies? Discuss?

Impsy to take a "side" on what is facts and what is bs.
For me it seems that this has become a "religion" more than science

some say it is human made Global Warming, some say it is the pollution.
Some say it is CO2 others say it's the Sun itself.

I found the movies websitetoo : http://www.greatglobalwarmingswindle.co.uk/thesun.html
Last edited by Xiphias on 12 Nov 2008, 22:50, edited 1 time in total.
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
Memphis
37mins club

Re: Global Warming

Post by Memphis »

it's all a money making scandel from Gore. I heard on the news that around the world the average temperature this year was one degree lower than last year which leads me to believe global cooling over global warming. Funny thing is after news got out about that they started calling global warming, climate change which is a load as well. Now in canada they have crap like carbon tax to make money off something that is a theory but they have brainwashed everyone to believe it's the truth. They are starting to teach it in schools now like it is the truth. Quite sad actually.
Religious Man
|| TT: 37:47:70 || EX New Wave WR + Animal Farm WR || 24 Canadian Records || TEC Bronze Medal || HHIT in the 37min club || http://elastomaster.tripod.com/
||
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

A fact is, that Earth's temperature would be about 30 degrees lower without CO2. And it all comes from science: CO2 molecyles and photons from sun doesn't interact because the differences of energy levels of CO2 molecyles and energy of the visible light photons doesn't equal.

But then ground absorbs those photons and gets more energy. Then it sends that energy partly back in form of infrared radiation (photons that are less energitic than visible light photons and human eye can't see, but some special cameras can)

And now those differences of energy levels of CO2 molecyles and energy of the visible light photons does equal and CO2 absorbs those photons and the energy can't escape well back to the space and the temperature of the Earth rises.

Now the only question is that does humans produce so much CO2 that it affects the global temperature and personally I'm not sure either =) There are so much different researchs about this and in so economically important subject (those oil things etc) as this is you never know which surveys are really independent.

EDIT: Haha Memphis, I bet this isn't invented by Al Gore, all this physics is well known for something like nearly 100 years =)
And, btw, there are many many other variables too that can affect global temperature in time distance of one year. For excample vulcanic activity and sun activity are not constants. In global temperatures it's essential to compare decades and centuries, forget years.
Palme
Kuski

Post by Palme »

i want to have a vote for both.
Apoku RuLeZ! X) http://teamapoku.funpic.de

- me signature is good signature -
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

fucking boring, i don't care!
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

even if every single person on the Earth will DIE cuz of so-called global warming, it wont be me, so i dont fucking care :roll:
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

Yes it's proven that CO2 has some effects on the temperature.. but what Al Gore declares is that the more CO2 there is in the atmosphere the warmer it gets.. but that other movie says The warmer it is the more CO2 it is.

And the human made CO2 is uber low compared to volcanoes, leaves, shit, fart, the ocean.

I read about a Faroese scientist who did a small experiment.
He had an aquarium, and a lamp that was on. Here he got 26 degrees Celsius. and then he added some chemicals and the temperature went up.
So yeah I believe that chemicals in some way make a difference, but this was a Controlled Environment.

And if you look at the period from 1940-2006, after the 2. world war, when the industrial period started, you should think the temperature would go up with all of the CO2 and other chemicals. But ironically the temperature went down, and it people even called it Global Cooling. from some 1944-1975 the temperature went down, until it then changed again and is now what we call Global Warming =P
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

Jappe wrote:nature produces 30 times more CO2 than humans each year.
could you pls post a link, that confirms this?
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

it is nat necessary at all, ive also heard teh :roll: we even talked about it at sql so u can believe lukazz
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

xiph, just to enlighten you, the industrial period started a full century earlier. global warming is a fact, just as us slaying tigers, gorillas and each other. Humans have nasty habits. Global warming is one of the least outrageous and as said not 100% human act. Though we could look and offer solutions to those people in poorer regions that are about to drown.
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

Xiphias wrote:I read about a Faroese scientist who did a small experiment.
He had an aquarium, and a lamp that was on. Here he got 26 degrees Celsius. and then he added some chemicals and the temperature went up.
So yeah I believe that chemicals in some way make a difference, but this was a Controlled Environment.
Propably there just happened some a chemical reaction that released some energy and rised the temperature. It will cool down after a while. This kind of chemical reactions don't have any effect to global warming.
Pawq wrote:it is nat necessary at all, ive also heard teh :roll: we even talked about it at sql so u can believe lukazz
Well in the US they still teach kreationism =) Don't trust auchorities like school (always), school trusts auchorities like scientists and scientists can be stupid too.
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

nick-o-matic wrote:
Xiphias wrote:I read about a Faroese scientist who did a small experiment.
Propably there just happened some a chemical reaction that released some energy and rised the temperature. It will cool down after a while. This kind of chemical reactions don't have any effect to global warming.
This experiment was made to test the CO2 theory, and the "More CO2 teh warmer" or "teh warmer the more CO2" theories. And it's actually these "facts" the theories are based on.
Reason I said Chemicals is because the atmosphere is not pure CO2, actually it's amount of CO2 is overwhelming little compared to the DEVASTATING effects it has on the environment :P The percentage is some 0.03-0.04%.

This Global Warming is getting crazy. Every thing is based on money. If it's true or not.
I read a danish article that the temperature would rise up 6 degrees Celsius and the Oil would go up to approximately 200$/barrel in x-amount of years if these environment pollution would continue.
The article was written in such a way that the main focus was the MONEY, and the Global Warming itself was just a bi-problem.

Of course you can say that with more and better resource saving technologies, wind power, solar panels etc. it would be cheaper to get more resources, but still. Does it always have to be a money issue to get things started?
Sometimes I do not understand politics.

If we say that this pollution has no or miiiiinor effects on the Weather, we are still polluting the earth and throwing shit into the ocean and borrowing dump to get "rid" of it.
And also people are afraid of the Oil reservoirs, yet it's being used like it's infinite oil under grounds.

Lol this topic is impsy to find a plausible theory on.
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

i don't believe. i cannot see the light.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Post by Bismuth »

I think it's natural but has been accelerated by humans. It's not that bad, though, but it'll sure have consequences we'll have to face. And politicians love to bullshit about it.
:mrhat:
wjelo
Kuski

Post by wjelo »

prolly bullshit but what pisses me off are the euroX restrictions for cars and shit to reduce the co2 production levels, the hybrid prius shit and sach

also seen both movies and Gore's one seems max political propaganda, can't believe that guy got Nobel Prize
A beer a day keeps the doct0r away.
last.fm profile
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

and huge taxes for big-engine (sports) cars -_- imbecility
FinMan
36mins club
Team: dat

Post by FinMan »

Max easy to get hot girls when Global Warming has been running very much. :beer:
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

lolololol :P lots of Hot and Wet girls xD
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

lol FM :P
let's produce more CO2 :D
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I've done my share of farts, I admit
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

:lmao:
Oops, better put my ass on, if I wanna fart some more tonight :)
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

I haven't been helping the cause either. Methaine gas is in the air.
Religious Man
|| TT: 37:47:70 || EX New Wave WR + Animal Farm WR || 24 Canadian Records || TEC Bronze Medal || HHIT in the 37min club || http://elastomaster.tripod.com/
||
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

if you worked in science you would now how it works
you want your (branch of) subject to be popular so it will get more grants from teh gouvernement
even if humans cause 1% of teh co2, all things are a bit exaggerated
[carebox]
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

Did this in science class recently.

Every globally recognized scientific firm on the planet agrees that climate change is real. Whether humans contribute to it or not is a matter of much debate. Fuck this topic, here is the real answer which took years of research to attain:

The Jews are stealing our money, climate change is a scam.
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

2coal
Lee
37mins club

Post by Lee »

this is what i think of global warming

done in photoshop with pictures from google image search
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

Yeah there are some small oddities but still, nice work! :o
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

EPIIIIIIIIIIIIIC nice work Lil0r, you a professional artist or what? always pwnage stuff you make.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Lee
37mins club

Post by Lee »

This is the beforemath that led to that horrible day.

We fear the day that giant pieces of toasted bread come hurling out of the sky to destroy us all. It can't be stopped!
But, you can do your part to keep bread untoasted. And you've all been talking about global warming...... Pfff, don't you realise this is how we will meet our deadly demise?
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

i prefer rye bread :
Costya
Kuski

Post by Costya »

Off course humans do change the world. Only assholes can deny this. They can also disput about in what way it was changed or by what reason, its CO2 shit or another shit. Moreover there are other assholes who pay the first ones money for their bragging. It's capitallistic shit.
The real reason of all this shit that in our world there are so many lazy bastards, politics, capitallists, and other fags that I would prefer one half of their kill, and order to work at the uranium mines to the others. So many problem will disappear then
k0xx
39mins club

Post by k0xx »

Global Warming is obviously a natural phenomenon, not man-made.
elma
Lee
37mins club

Post by Lee »

global warming is happening on mars too. so when earth is uninhabitable, maybe mars will be inhabitable, providing we bring the right resources.
that is what my poster is trying to explain.
global warming is natural, but humans are just speeding it up.
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

The weather has been pretty extreme lately. Here the winter was expectionally cold and the summer has been hotter than ever. Now two storms put an end to the warmth and both sweeped over especially our area. Both destroyed very much forest and electricity lines. The later one was two days ago and we still haven't got the electricity. Luckily our forest was damaged only a little but our onion field was destroyed though by hailstones which is pretty big negative financial thing for my parents. But it could be lot worse, it looks like this like some 5km from us: http://www.esaimaa.fi/veera

So I think it's possible to detect the climate change just by watching out of your window. Weather used to be more stable.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

nick-o-matic wrote:Weather used to be more stable.
bullshit or not depending on the time scale. remember ice ages from your geography lessons? climate on earth has been always changing, once getting colder, the other time warmer. we might be on our way to the warmest period.
those shorter changes of weather are partially caused by El Nino and La Nina, which are respectively warm and cold currents in the pacific ocean, occurring every few years. they affect weather in south america the most, though in a lesser extent - whole globe's climate is dependent on those currents.
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

Global warming is the same bullshit as swine flu mania a few months ago. People are too manipulatable, it's all about money.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

no rly :d
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

Madness wrote:Global warming is the same bullshit as swine flu mania a few months ago. People are too manipulatable, it's all about money.
I really hated that swine flu -mania and also bird flu and SARS -manias. And also terroristmanias. And surely all of them were just about money.

But I think climate change is a real thing - extremely undoubtly CO2 amounts have increased since large amounts of oil have been pumped from underground during past 100 years and also amount of forests has decreased. And I believe that the increase of CO2 has been big enough to cause changes in global climate.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

nick-o-matic wrote:extremely undoubtly CO2 amounts have increased since large amounts of oil have been pumped from underground during past 100 years (...) I believe that the increase of CO2 has been big enough to cause changes in global climate.
booooolshiiit, cows emit more ugly gases than humans
nom wrote:and also amount of forests has decreased.
this very tru though
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

Well yeah there are many sources for those ugly cases.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

BOOL SHIT =0
Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace »

Globally, human consumption/emission counts for some stupidly small amount of carbon emissions, the whole global warming/climate change scheme is utter boolshit.
Image Cyberscore! Image
roope
37mins club
Team: MiE

Post by roope »

ohai i object stuff because that makes me cool and intellectual

global warming is boolshit

cats dont exist
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

Pawq wrote:
nick-o-matic wrote:extremely undoubtly CO2 amounts have increased since large amounts of oil have been pumped from underground during past 100 years (...) I believe that the increase of CO2 has been big enough to cause changes in global climate.
booooolshiiit, cows emit more ugly gases than humans
kinda bad argument, since most of the cows are there because human beings want to eat their meat. so it's actually "human made" too.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

try not to eat cows =D
what ppls tryin to do is not to burn carbon, not eating cows would be better xd
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

Pawq wrote:try not to eat cows =D
done. haven't eaten any animal for 1,5 years.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

vegetard? O,o
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

in your last post you said "not eating cows would be better" and in the next post you called me "vegetard" for doing it. very nice.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Pawq wrote:vegetard? O,o
foolin here
and my saing that not eating cows would be better was ironic, im a total opponent of saying that humanity has any influence on earth's climate