God is Cooking the Australians.

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

God is Cooking the Australians.

Post by Grace »

Well over the last 2 weeks, Australia has had some of the hottest weather ever recorded world wide, after a consistent 14 days of 40C+ Degree Days, there was bound to be some fires, and as of such, some fires were started. however while the fires were burning, we had our hottest day yet, yesterday it reached (in my town) a scorching 50C (which is about 125F) - the hottest recorded day in Australian History. Hottest day ever + fires in Aussie Bush = bad.

basically right now the statistics stand at this. approximately 50 dead, over 600 Houses destroyed (and that's just in one town, we can't actually get into the other ones) - although with all towns it's estimated to be 2000+ houses gone. A lot of you remember the California fires recently? it's that to a scale of about 30x + hotter days + winds. The Area currently on fire is about the size of Finland and half of Sweden.

the worst problem is that currently the fires are heading straight for the main power station for the state, which means if that power station goes down, all power goes out for at least 2-3 years in Victoria, and all Victorians will have to be evacuated to other states. with the economic crisis atm, Australia don't have the resources to do this. so basically if it happens, We are officially Fucked.

If i'm inactive for a few days, that's Why.

Here is a map i drew in like 10 seconds. Black area is burning, Red dot is where i live.

Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
dimkadimon
Kuski

Re: God is Cooking the Australians.

Post by dimkadimon »

Man that looks bad. Lets hope the fire crews can prevent this catastrophe. Yesterday in Canberra, we had about 41 degrees, which is close to being the hottest ever around here. I am currently sitting half naked, 10cm away from a fan and its still bloody hot. I can't wait when colder weather starts!
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

No, silly, lrn2bible. Satan is cooking the Australians.

QLD is pretty lucky, not nearly as hot here. I was in vic for the holidays and was geocaching in Marysville, dame that's burnt now (including the cache and the history) so all is sucks. Dame. Fires are Kevin Rudd's fault.
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

A.K.B. wrote:No, silly, lrn2bible. Satan is cooking the Australians.
So satan likes to cook people, and god likes to drown them? I don't see the big difference.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

So satan likes to cook people, and god likes to drown them? I don't see the big difference.
so there is no difference between water and fire where you come from, how does it feel to drink fire, and piss it too- like a mini flamethrower (very mini).

do you much enjoy singing songs around the campwater? much fun without light + heat?

ps. fuck you abruzzi

pps. hi igge :D
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

woah smaxi. I sure hope you can sort this one out :/

If nat by yourselves I sure hope at least sweden will offer help...
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Australia has the smallest population/km^2 out of anywhere in the world...
Image Cyberscore! Image
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

feel sorry for all the ppl dying to starvation everyday

oh right, my condolences for the australia incident also
hex
Kuski

Post by hex »

niN wrote:woah smaxi. I sure hope you can sort this one out :/
dimkadimon wrote:Man that looks bad. Lets hope the fire crews can prevent this catastrophe.
nature is better fix herself, isn't she?

edit: this could have been worse:
Staar
Kuski

Post by Staar »

Jappe wrote:world is overpopulated, australia is not bad place to start weeding out some
exactly what I was thinking
Rock n Roll All Night and party everyday
bob
Kuski

Post by bob »

108 now dead. that number is sure to grow.

the weather on saturday was just crazy. hit about 47 where i live and the wind made it a nightmare.

the noise and sight of 40 metre high flames must have been a very frightening experience.

my sympathy goes out to anyone (whether it be from this tragedy or another) who has lost a loved one.
mcleod
dimkadimon
Kuski

Post by dimkadimon »

Bob thank you for giving this thread some sense of reality. When 108 people are dead from a bush fire it is no laughing matter. I can't believe how immature some of the posters of this thread were! - you guys should be ashamed of yourselves!
Mawane
Kuski
Team: SV

Post by Mawane »

i wonder the pool popularity :D
how hot is the water btw?
how are the public pools?
any australian has pool?
i want details :D
Website || TT:41:45:64 || Team Image
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198025490048]Image[/url]
dimkadimon
Kuski

Post by dimkadimon »

Mawane wrote:i wonder the pool popularity :D
how hot is the water btw?
how are the public pools?
any australian has pool?
i want details :D
Pools and beaches are very popular here. I don't know about the exact temperature, but the water in the public pool I went to was very nice. So nice that I didn't want to climb out. However I got sunburned very quickly (a couple of hours), so one must be extra careful with the Australian sun.
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

bob wrote:108 now dead
did they forget to push the button?
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

Smax, have you packed your bags just incase you have to go impromptu? Consider it if not...

I really think these firebugs (yes some fires were lit- even some re-lit after they were put out) should be killed. I was at Marysville earlier on my victoria holiday, and now it's fucked. They fires came under control initially, then a fucking firebug re-lit the shit. What the fucking dickhole.

Seriously? People without any consideration for human life; though we joke about it a lot, fuck you.
Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace »

i'm still at least 15 minutes from the fire front at the moment, the furthest it's burnt is to lilydale at the moment.

if we get wind though, it's likely to push within 5 minutes of my house, hopefully we'll be fine though.
Image Cyberscore! Image
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

Staar wrote:
Jappe wrote:world is overpopulated, australia is not bad place to start weeding out some
I'm sure it wouldn't sound like that if it was your neighbours who was getting toasted.
Staar
Kuski

Post by Staar »

niN wrote:
Staar wrote:
I'm sure it wouldn't sound like that if it was your neighbours who was getting toasted.
Of course. But it's not my neighbours in this case.
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

No it's someone else's.
Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace »

there's nothing wrong with caring about the welfare of other people, Jappe.

Also it's not just Neighbours, it's thousands of people losing everything they have, and it's relatives and friends losing their life - most people in melbourne know at least someone from the incinerated region.
Image Cyberscore! Image
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

Jappe wrote:i dont give a shit if my neigbours die or not, i have seen them maybe 1 time max, most of them not at all, they are basicly strangers to me, do you guys cry constantly because someone completely unknown person died just now in country X?

people die all the time, if those 100 people who died in a fire would have died individually in car crashes, falling down the stairs, etc, you would have never even heard of them, let alone feel bad for them, oh wait, you dont feel bad for them now either, you are just hypocrites. gl hf next time trying to buy a sense of superiority over others
I think like this: What if one of them people would've been me? I would sure as hell not like to die today, I want to live and have fun. So when I think of other people getting robbed of that it makes me pity them. I'm not saying that everyone should! Only that they should think of the people who is missing out on something as amazing as living. Or at least not write stupid things like "good, one less human being on this planet to care for. Now maybe his seat can go to me :D mjejejejayerujea". It's just immature...

For the record, I know that people die all the time and I am still as happy as ever. I just think you can do else then upset the family and such which might have been hurt by the experience.. maybe? I dunno
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

well the problem with the media is that they always put so much effort on posting "Drama deaths" in the rich countries.
The amount of drama they put into the incidents is like: If 1 American dies it is, let's say the equivalent to 1.000 Africans.
Just think about how many Africans are starving to death or dying of pesticides and infections just because they can't afford food or medicine.
And the Iraqi war, some 4.200 Americans have lost their lives in the war compared to the staggering of 1.300.000 Iraqis casualties.
What do we in the western world see and hear on the media? "Oh, it's so awful, three American soldiers got injured and one died in an Iraqi militant assault."
*source: http://www.antiwar.com/casualties/

Normally I don't pay any attention what so ever to these media coverages. But I do think it is sad for poor young Smaxa here =/
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

Australia kicks americas ass in war. Minimal casualties h0h/
Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace »

agreed Xiphsy, which is why i always ignore the media saying crap like that. if you remember all the hype about 9/11 - maybe 3-4K people died, right? compare it to the tsunami.

i figure, there's maybe 200 deaths counted at the moment, and 1K homes gone, compare it to the tsunami with multiple hundreds of thousands of people killed, millions of homes lost.

Oh, and i can see the fire from my house now, but it's still not too close.
Image Cyberscore! Image
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

How are you now smaxa? I heard the casualties were up to 170 this morning :X

Read some sick things in the newspaper. Like how a father left his kids in the car and was going to go back in the house to get something, and when he got out the fire had already burnt the car and his kids... sick.
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

such tragedies are horrible, i feel sorry to everyone who died or who lost somebody/something... And to everyone living in this hell. Carry on SmaXa :(
Staar
Kuski

Post by Staar »

niN wrote:
Jappe wrote:i dont give a shit if my neigbours die or not, i have seen them maybe 1 time max, most of them not at all, they are basicly strangers to me, do you guys cry constantly because someone completely unknown person died just now in country X?

people die all the time, if those 100 people who died in a fire would have died individually in car crashes, falling down the stairs, etc, you would have never even heard of them, let alone feel bad for them, oh wait, you dont feel bad for them now either, you are just hypocrites. gl hf next time trying to buy a sense of superiority over others
I think like this: What if one of them people would've been me? I would sure as hell not like to die today, I want to live and have fun. So when I think of other people getting robbed of that it makes me pity them. I'm not saying that everyone should! Only that they should think of the people who is missing out on something as amazing as living. Or at least not write stupid things like "good, one less human being on this planet to care for. Now maybe his seat can go to me :D mjejejejayerujea". It's just immature...
niN, I know exactly what u mean, I've been thinking a lot and I've been through this 'stage of thinking', but realised that if everyone would think this way, in time the world would be so overpopulated (no natural selection) that we would just destroy earth. And destroying earth in my opinion is much worse than destroying a few thousands of human beings, many of them very humanish and by that I mean dumb.
Staar
Kuski

Post by Staar »

double post, doh..
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

Yeah Staar, we are too many. And nature is taking care of that, I'm not saying it's wrong. I'm definitely not saying we should all live forever, because that would make life hell. I just feel sorry for the families who have lost someone, and the people who don't get the chance to live. Even though I know we can not all enter this world and enjoy it.
Staar
Kuski

Post by Staar »

alright, but don't get carried away with the sorryness
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Fucking insensitive media! Today I've seen THE FIRST MENTION OF FIRES IN AUSTRALIA IN POLISH MEDIA!!!!!! Almost 200 people had to die to awaken those assholes sitting in their calm offices. THAT is horrible. If only I could I would kick their asses.

PS. That's why I hate media.
Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace »

seems fire is becoming sorta under control near my house now.

:)
Image Cyberscore! Image
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

be happey :P here it begun to snow... :| i loved 4 meters of snow in Italy but here even those 2 cm irr$itates me... 0-1c.
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

SmaXa wrote:seems fire is becoming sorta under control near my house now.

:)
That's great :D I hope you realize how lucky you are, I mean, 200 dead?? And you could see the fire from your house at one point!
Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace »

Ye we are lucky, hopefully all should be fine now, but the death toll is expected to go 350+
Image Cyberscore! Image
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Insane, you're getting away pretty clean there. And putting god aside, those fuckers who lit the fires, what are they thinking?
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

smaxa.. maybe take some pics? :D
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace »

from just outside my house.

note the orange ground? nearly all the plants throughout melbourne are dead cause of the heat last 2 weeks

my mums bosses sons stables, he's a professional horse trainer, they lost everything except the house and the horses.

his paddocks...

just a random hill in Yarra Glen that got owned.

another hill.
All of the above photos are from Yarra Glen, which is the second least hardest town hit.

a spot fire near Moe.

some random fire.

Tagerty :( this town is now gone completely.

Narbethong :( This town is also gone.

This is a partial Satellite photo of Victoria on Monday, note the enormity of the black area., the currently burning fires (also the ones thta burnt the most stuff) aren't there, they are to the northwest a little.

Speaks for itself. several kids did not get out.

a house in Churchill - this isn't too badly hit.

Coldstream. most of Coldstream is now black.

most people have seen this photo (main promo picture the media is using) - this was taken on the Melba highway, whats interesting is an untouched car was found just to the right of the screen.

Churchill Primary School.

this was once a vineyard (the area the fires occured are probably the worlds second largest wine producing region in the world.

Probably the best Winery in the country, basically the only thing in the area that survived. It's twin winery the Domaine Chandon looks almost identical

An Aerial of bendigo, this town wasnt hit too hard.

part of kinglake.

more of kinglake

the very edge of marysville

the kinglake national park, this is the front atm i think, once it exits the national park again if it still has momentum and speed then it will hit the edge of suburbia where it is likely to destroy at least 3-5K more homes. this is my area.

Mt. Misery.

Yarra Glen again.

Wandong, this photo comes as a shock to me, i thought this place was OK, now i'm worried for a few friends :\

more of kinglake

a photo taken of the kinglake fire while it's in clear ground in the middle of kinglake national park.

this is the reason so many people died. at the start this cloud of smoke was travelling at 25 Kilometres every 4 minutes (300Km an hour) - once it got you, you could no longer see and then the fire took you.

Labertouche, didn't know this had burnt either :(

The Kiewa valley, this fire has no resources on it atm as it is a more rural area than that threatened elsewhere.

this horse prolly only survived another 20 seconds. this photo was found in a camera underneath a burnt out car, held in a dead persons inner jacket.

Sorry i couldn't find any good kinglake and Marysville photo's, i did find one but was shit quality.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace »

you can sorta see the fire is going left through the photo here, it was moving constantly at about 200km per hour, but got to 300.

that really puts it into perspective for you. this is Lilydale, the LEAST HARDEST HIT TOWN OF ALL. Firefighters fought THIS and only conceded a few buildings, shows how fucking hard they're working.

the very first house to burn. Marysville.

some of marysville, maybe 1/10th.

crap quality pic of some fire at Narbethong.

pic of the smoke. this is showing it crossing over New Zealand.
Image Cyberscore! Image
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

Amazing job by those Australian fire-fighters! Gotta give them a hand there!
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

wow nice landscapes. like australia ias a one big village ;D

anyway did u wacth the match? japan - australia 0-0 :beer:
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
bob
Kuski

Post by bob »

some very sad photos there, smaxa.

such a terrible tragedy, but its amazing how the whole country has "come together". but out of everyone, the firefighters are the real heroes.

i didn't realise how much lilydale was/is in danger - everything i make at work gets sent to factories there.

not sure if people here have seen this photo, but it has become quite popular here:
mcleod
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

Wow, that's an amazing photo bob :)
hex
Kuski

Post by hex »

lots of digg people over here, isn't it
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Oh my fucking God.... I guess fired area is similar to whole Poland 8O
FinMan
36mins club
Team: dat

Post by FinMan »

Not allowed:
- Big pictures in signature (also very big ones in the posts)
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Oh come on finman. Those pictures were completely fine.
FinMan
36mins club
Team: dat

Post by FinMan »

Well, fine otherwise but cant see the whole image in one screen and it gets much time to load the images if has bad internet. That means the lenght of whole page is increasing whole time and browser corrects the position whole time. Is annoying.
hex
Kuski

Post by hex »

tip: press esc to stop image loading.