Hockey

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Hockey

Post by Bismuth »

There was some quick discussion on belma sometimes, it seems like there are a few hockey fans in the community. So here is to talk about. NHL, european, etc. etc.

To Memphis: WAAAA HA HA HA Canadiens PWNED the hell out of your crazy Canucks tonight, I was rolling on the floor laughing my ass off watching those poor losers, poor you who have to watch them fail every game! Canadiens are so epically awesome this year, the Cup is in our hands for sure! :beer:
:mrhat:
Memphis
37mins club

Re: Hockey

Post by Memphis »

ummm you kidding me? Canucks won 7 to 1 and lit up carey price in net. Hendrik almost got a hatrick and they were looking solid. I feel sorry for Canadian fans but looks like they might have another bad year. didn't washington beat up on them last night?
Religious Man
|| TT: 37:47:70 || EX New Wave WR + Animal Farm WR || 24 Canadian Records || TEC Bronze Medal || HHIT in the 37min club || http://elastomaster.tripod.com/
||
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

you say hockey and start talking about NHL. you know there are other leagues? either way i care only about NHL . Eventhough finnish league is quite good (for example tampereen tappara won florida panthers some days ago), I havent watched it at all for some 15 years. NHL i check results every morning if there has been any games, in the end of season/playoffs i wake up middle of night to watch some juicy game.

so that being said, montreal aint winning cup thats for sure, they'll barely make the playoffs! im gonna cheer for ducks for obvious reasons for a finn
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

The 1981 Canada Cup Final.

Best. Hockey. Ever.

I have it on a VHS tape. o/
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

Zweq:
Bismuth wrote:NHL, european, etc. etc.
And of course I was kidding, Canadiens with Markov injured for half the year, Kovalev gone, and everybody gone, they'll suck :D
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

about half the canucks roster is sweeds so you may as well just cheer for them zweq. close enough to your mother land.
Religious Man
|| TT: 37:47:70 || EX New Wave WR + Animal Farm WR || 24 Canadian Records || TEC Bronze Medal || HHIT in the 37min club || http://elastomaster.tripod.com/
||
Juish
38mins club

Post by Juish »

well i cheer for teh worst team right now toronto lol 14th out of 15 in the eastern, only team worse is new jersey. montreal is doing good actually ranked third in eastern.

toronto is actually ok team they just need more solid goaltending. they have two young, new to the nhl goalies and now the one pulled his groin so they have to use some other random guy. which means toskala will be back starting in net. the word is that toskala has a winning attitude but just doesn't perform to match it lol. whatever, they are the closest team to me so i will keep cheering for them. GO TORONTO.
TT= 38 somethin
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

Well, Montreal won 2 games: the first, 4-3 I think, they nabbed and won in overtime. The second, 2-1, they nabbed even more and won in overtime. Third game, they nabbed again and lost. Last game was awesome, 1-7 against Canucks, they were epic. Montreal is a team full of young players, Kovalev is gone, Koivu is gone, Komisarek is gone, our goalie can be extremely awesome but he can be very ordinary (i. e. 7 goals in 34 shots). I believe they will not make the playoffs, they'll end up being 9th or 10th, something like that. And Bob Gainey will be kicked out. :(
roope
37mins club
Team: MiE

Post by roope »

Of course the olympics and the world championships have always interested me, watched as long as I can remember.
But recently the leagues have also gained more of my notice, mostly NHL. Don't really have any favorite teams or anything, just any team with a Finn in on it is najs o,o
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Juish
38mins club

Post by Juish »

leafs play tonight! =)
TT= 38 somethin
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

hockey is played with wooden sticks and a ball.

at least where I'm from.
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

Today was the official 100th anniversary of the Canadiens hockey club. I don't know if you fellow Canadians watched the ceremony and the game (I know the ceremony was on CBC), but it was epically awesome. The ceremony was great, they "removed?" the jerseys of Émile Bouchard and Elmer Lach (whose name sounds like elma), there were true legends such as Dryden, Lafleur, Roy, Henri Richard, Jean Béliveau and all. Even Andrei Markov was there. Seeing Bouchard's and Lach's faces was moving: at their age (90, 91), they were living the climax of the recognition of their career with the Canadiens hockey club.

Then, the actual team delivered a very strong match against the Bruins. They started up by scoring a goal in 1st period, a pretty nice powerful shot by Spacek. Then, in 2nd period, they got 2 penalties at once. They played for 2 minutes 3 vs 5, and they played it just perfectly, Price was in fire and the three other players on the ice were perfect. 15 seconds after the end of the penalties, Cammalleri scored. That was the key point in the match. After that, Cammalleri took advantage of a dumb mistake by Thomas to make 3-0. Then, still in 2nd period, Metropolit boomed for 4-0. When there were 3 minutes left to the period, the Canadiens took advantage of a turnover in defence to launch an attack and a super goal by Cammalleri, rocketing a 5-0 and being a hat trick for that great player. Too bad the Bruins scored one in 3rd period; the final score was 5-1.

Really, that was one hell of a night.
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Did they also show the 1981 canada cup final?
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

haha Igge, your getting the Montreal Canadians and team Canada mixed up. One is an NHL team the other is a Country's team. Ya I saw a bit of that Bis, looked pretty solid.

Canucks have been hot lately too and Luongo has been standing on his head. Ez number one starter for the Olympics.
Religious Man
||
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

Memphis wrote:Canucks have been hot lately too and Luongo has been standing on his head. Ez number one starter for the Olympics.
Well, Canadiens are ice cold lately, and not only because they're playing hockey (ice cold, wa ha ha)
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

Canada lost 6-5 to USA in overtime. FUCK THIS.
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

but teh 1981 canada cup final was quite lol though
[carebox]
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Was an epic final. o,o
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

The Hockey News wrote:A problem is that the Canadiens are last in the NHL in drawing penalties. They have been on the power play only 138 times in 47 games. The next-lowest team is Boston at 153, while Pittsburgh, which has the league's second-worst unit with a 14.3 success rate, has had the most with 196.

But Montreal has given opponents the most power-play chances with 198. Happily for them, their penalty killing ranks a healthy seventh at 84.3 per cent.
Unfair? Bad luck? I go for unfair.

Edit: oh and read that Auger/Burrows story, was quite funny. By the way, it is the same retard referee who called a no-goal on that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v0HSV6yIYQ
Ecchi
39mins club

Post by Ecchi »

I have never watched hockey, though I played it a little when I was like 10. Though I quit after I managed to get my homemade puck-whacker in the nuts o,o
RIP enthusiast claim image:(
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

I just witnessed the most epic in extremis win of all time.

Starts out quite bad: Ducks lead 3-0 after one period. Canadiens score one in second, but are still trailing 1-3 and they don't score in the third. With two minutes to go, it is almost certain that the Ducks win. But, Gionta scores at about 18:15 to make 3-2. Then, at about one minute from the end, the Habs remove their goalie to play 6 vs 5. The Ducks still manage to get in the neutral zone and Perry has the puck at Canadiens' blue line. He shoots towards the net... and hits the post. Canadiens strike back. At 19:49, Markov ties the game. 3-3 and Markov lols at Perry :)

The game stretches to shootout. Both teams' first shot misses. On the second, Ducks score. Gomez tries to score, misses. At that point, if the Ducks score at their 3rd, they win. They miss. Gionta must score; he shoots, and Hiller stops the puck. BUT! when stopping it, he was moving towards his net, and he didn't know where it was. He lifts his left arm to see, and the puck falls in the net. Canadiens tie the game! Some noob makes 4th shot, he doesn't even shoot. Plekanec is Canadiens' 4th, he shoots, and score. 4-3 in shootout in a game that was 3-1 at 2 minutes of the end. 8)
Last edited by Bismuth on 8 Mar 2010, 17:57, edited 1 time in total.
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Was so epic i can't find the words!
Was way better than the Oscars!
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

You saw Markov taunting Perry after his goal? didn't think he could be so cocky sometimes :P
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

ragequit
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

Playoffs have begun!

And Habs PWNED OVECHKIN and WON THAT FIRST GAME!!!!! :beer: :beer: :beer:
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

Canucks won too! What a great night for Canadian hockey. Canucks might win the whole thing this year with them sedin boys.
Religious Man
||
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

True thing, Canucks sure have a chance for at least Western Conference. 83 assists this season for one of the Sedins, pretty damn incredible. And Canucks have a chance for the cup if Capitals get whooped out before the finals. If they don't, we'll see. But they sure will, in first round even :D :D :D
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

I honestly believe Montreal has a real chance of winning their matchup with the Capitals. If i'm not mistaken, the Canadians have a winning record against them during the regular season. In addition, despite their great attack, the Caps have a quite bad defense adding to their average-bad performances while shorthanded.

Hoping to see a Canadians vs Canucks matchup in the finals! Go Canada!
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

Seeing NHL's best two powerplays one against each other is pretty badass. Though, Montreal is better than Washington when shorthanded. And Théodore is probably not as awesome as Halak, though both of them played equally great yesterday. Markov plays extremely well against Ovechkin and, overall, Canadiens play great against teams that play openly, and lose against teams like Devils that play defense all the way. But, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Semin, Plekanec, Gionta, Cammalleri... Caps sure have a head start there.

By the way, BoneLESS, even in English, Canadiens are Canadiens, not Canadians :)
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

Habs and Caps play a 7th game tomorrow, will be max :mrhat:

3-3 tie now, thanks to Halak's FIFTY-THREE megaultraspectacular supersaves yesterday :)
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Bismuth wrote:Habs and Caps play a 7th game tomorrow, will be max :mrhat:

3-3 tie now, thanks to Halak's FIFTY-THREE megaultraspectacular supersaves yesterday :)
Haha, you cannot imagine how much i've screamed at my tv! Was such a ridiculous game for Halak!

Hopefully the Habs are on a roll and will knock the Caps out of the competition wednesday.
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

can't believe montreal has tied the series up at 3 a piece now. If they pull off the game 7 win, it will be amazing. Canucks are facing off against the pesky blackhawks again for the 2nd time in a row in the 2nd round. Hopefully they learned their lesson last time to not take them too lightly.
Religious Man
||
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

(Sorry for French, I somehow can't find a way to translate many words and it would look really mongo; maybe it's because I just woke up, I don't know)

Bone: Je vis en résidence au cégep et les matchs sont projetés sur un grand mur blanc dans un salon plein de divans, on est une vingtaine de 17-21 ans qui se commandent de la pizza et du Saint-Hubert et j'vas te dire que pour crier, ça crie :D

Sorry again :oops:
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Must be one crazy vibe you got there! I think i'll watch game 7 with my dad and brothers and beers.

Holy crap, i'm so nervous!
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

will be max

Predictions: Canadiens score three in the first; Capitals score two in the second, Canadiens score one; Caps score one early in the third, and one late; Canadiens score in OT :D

Edit: EPICEPICEPIC MAXMAXMAXMAXMAXMAX TIMES 8 BILLIONSZILLIONSFUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

27 people yelling their lives (and even 9 girls), including me. :beer:
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

HAhahahahHAHAA, that shit was crazy! Never screamed that much for any sport event in my whole life! That denied goal in early 3rd period really was the icing on the cake!

Next, Penguins!
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

wow I can't believe they won against the Caps. Now I am not sure who to cheer for from the east because I like sidney crosby soo much. It will be a good matchup either way.
Religious Man
||
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

Euro Hockey Tour started today. Really nice tournament for young players (like Granlund, Vatanen, Hartikainen) to show their skills for the world championships and the NHL scouts.

Finland leading Russia 2-1 after the first period o/

Hawks win teh cup btw
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
FinMan
36mins club
Team: dat

Post by FinMan »

Lets go Red Wings is my attitude. And Wild quite near behind.
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

probably half of sweden is cheering for the vancouver canucks considering half their team is sweds.
Religious Man
||
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

Finland won the LG Hockey Games tournament and the whole European Hockey Tour.
This tournament probably made some changes to the WC roster of Finland (Juhamatti Aaltonen in).
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

WINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNWINWINWINWINWINWINWINWINWINWINWINWINWINWINWINWINWINWINWINWIN
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

Two words: MIKE CAMMALLERI
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

Quad post :)

Montreal Canadiens is the most epic team ever. Eastern Conference final, here we are.
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Let's stop your posting streak. MONTREAL WON!!!! SICK DOGS!!!

Hopefully they won't screw it all by losing to Phily or Boston, that would suck... but they won't and we all know that!
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

wow, can't believe they won last night. Never would have guessed, thought they were going to have the same fate as the canucks. It will be interesting to see who they play next. Ya camalari had a solid game and so did Halak.
Religious Man
||
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

Canadiens' season is over :(
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

Niemi became the first ever Finnish goalie to win the Cup.

Leino made 2 more assists in the last game and now shares the NHL record for playoff points made by a rookie.

Ol' Timonen didn't get anything, tho he deserved it the most. I hope he gets one more chance before he retires :\
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

And I think Cammalleri is still the league leader for goals in playoffs, well done champ