Your first memory of Mopolauta?

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Your first memory of Mopolauta?

Post by Grace »

Not enough good discussion topics around atm.

What is your very first memory of this here forum? Is it a person? A thread? a Date? explain.

Mine is this: I remember there was a thread with some nifty graphs of wr and player tt development over wr/record tables. The topical discussion at the time was - will the WR/Player tt ever go under 36? at the time, WR tt was some 36:4x and Tor had a blistering 36.59 or something ridiculous.

I remember posting how i thought no player would break 36, but WR would break the limit. Of course i was new to elma and i was young, so didn't account for the uber stylefindings.

I was 11 years old :)
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
FinMan
36mins club
Team: dat

Re: Your first memory of Mopolauta?

Post by FinMan »

I guess the first thing i really remember is Dynamos internal improvements.
roope
37mins club
Team: MiE

Post by roope »

tijsjoris, his topic about metal music, and my über cheesy comment<3
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Wow that's so long ago :D I can't really remember what was the very first impression but some of the first things I can remember are things like world cup 4 times topics and general discussion about it. Also some very stupid posts of mine ;)
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

I remember posting some VSK lev in the review topic early on, and that Tijsjoris liked it. It made me happey. : D
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I'm in the first memory of already two guys. Sick.

I remember reading about ramone. I gotta find that thread, he was like "im gonna quit, my life's a wreck..."
http://mopolauta.moposite.com/viewtopic ... 6462#p6462
http://mopolauta.moposite.com/viewtopic ... 031#p18031
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

First memory was finding current WR rec of steppes (11.51) which had just been released. Then PMing it to everyone on elmasite as if it were a huge secret.
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Post by Bismuth »

I registered because of the riddles topic, riddle was easy as shit and people were nabbing, so I registered and posted the answer.
:mrhat:
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

http://mopolauta.moposite.com/viewtopic ... 7117#p7117
That's the first post I remember actually writing. I think it was like my 5th post or something.
MagnusB
Kuski

Post by MagnusB »

I remember posting a thread suggesting that the moving killers and apples from Across 1.0 should be added to Elma. Then psym0rph posted a friendly reply explaining why it was a bad idea, and I was like omg since he was the ultimate Elma idol of my retarded 13 year old self. The post probably doesn't exist anywhere because it was on an earlier version of Mopolauta. Was it even called Mopolauta back then?
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Ah man, long time ago. Throughout all my years of adolescence I can read how I've developed better skill at writing english, how I rose to be an elma god, how I fell from the heavens down to earth and quit playing, and how my interest in music bit by bit overtook the interest of computer games. I grew up on this shit, and some of you together with me. In a year it'll be a decade of lauta. By then I plan to have quit posting as I hope to achieve 10k posts. And to leave the scene once and for all. To rise to the heavens again of the vanished elma gods: karlis, psy, bartek, mp, all those people. Some of them made careers, some of them have babies probably and I am to follow them in their footsteps. But alas, still a few moments of adolescence left. So keep reading. :)
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

teajay wrote:Ah man, long time ago. Throughout all my years of adolescence I can read how I've developed better skill at writing english, how I rose to be an elma god, how I fell from the heavens down to earth and quit playing, and how my interest in music bit by bit overtook the interest of computer games. I grew up on this shit, and some of you together with me. In a year it'll be a decade of lauta. By then I plan to have quit posting as I hope to achieve 10k posts. And to leave the scene once and for all. To rise to the heavens again of the vanished elma gods: karlis, psy, bartek, mp, all those people. Some of them made careers, some of them have babies probably and I am to follow them in their footsteps. But alas, still a few moments of adolescence left. So keep reading. :)
NB: BarTek and MP still playing occasionally, Karlis too mebbe?
Image Cyberscore! Image
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

this is definitely elma related
[10:51:18] <skint0r> i could SACh see KyJelly working at ICA ;D
[10:51:37] <skint0r> "vad kostar denna?" "wtf ch0b0"
Thursday, March 2nd 2005, 0942 i was 3333 [4.43% of total / 3.25 posts per day]
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Ky.Jelly wrote:this is definitely elma related
True.
Jack wrote:NB: BarTek and MP still playing occasionally, Karlis too mebbe?
Really? I had no idea, ofcourse. But funny to see that so many people eventually returned to the scene. Karlis too? I supposed he'd be married with children by now. ;)
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

my first memory would just have to be the old lauta itself, rad colour scheme, forum mechanics that just didnt make sense, iirc i had <10 posts, or maybe even none at all. but it was straight outta the 80's that for sure
[10:51:18] <skint0r> i could SACh see KyJelly working at ICA ;D
[10:51:37] <skint0r> "vad kostar denna?" "wtf ch0b0"
Thursday, March 2nd 2005, 0942 i was 3333 [4.43% of total / 3.25 posts per day]
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Such a shame that I wasn't around earlier to experience the old lauta. I remember reading it through though. It looked very quaint. =)
sleap
Kuski

Post by sleap »

my first memory about lauta, even though ive been registered and active befor, was ribot making statements about abulaism.
it kinda branded my brain, for it described everything that i hate about a coworker or a supervisor.
it is this supersmart mongoacting with not knowing shit. it is this "i am better than you because my stats say so" cuntass acting that i will hate untill eternity. it is the acting of the false and stupid and i will never accept them as beings at all.
the so very weak that get away as strong -- are the very worst to me.
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

my first memory is probably reading everyone's awesome times in new internal times topic, especially those of karlis and dz.
39:37,91
Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace »

sleap wrote:my first memory about lauta, even though ive been registered and active befor, was ribot making statements about abulaism.
it kinda branded my brain, for it described everything that i hate about a coworker or a supervisor.
it is this supersmart mongoacting with not knowing shit. it is this "i am better than you because my stats say so" cuntass acting that i will hate untill eternity. it is the acting of the false and stupid and i will never accept them as beings at all.
the so very weak that get away as strong -- are the very worst to me.
That's not how i interpret the Abulaism idea.
Image Cyberscore! Image