Ending School

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Ending School

Post by Grace »

OK. Over the next 20 months, i go through my final stages of my secondary education, and i'm really unsure. How did you guys cope with pressure/workload of final years? I'm studying Chemistry, Physics, Senior year Biology, Advanced Maths methods course, English language (very stupid subject, will probably switch to your average English.) and Multimedia so i have a relatively heavy course.

Do you have any tips for studying/time management or anything that could perhaps assist me in achieving as high a final score as i can. I'm just worried about going through my 2 most important years of school and juggling the time, i have multiple hours of music rehearsal every week, semi-regular performances, multiple hours of sports training/matches every week and a ton of homework.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
Mawane
Kuski
Team: SV

Re: Ending School

Post by Mawane »

quit elma
Website || TT:41:45:64 || Team Image
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198025490048]Image[/url]
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

i didn't learn very much (about 1 week before my final exams) and still got good marks. :P
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

The closer I get to finishing school, the less I study. Seriously, nowadays I find grades and such useless; I go to school to learn now, not to get good grades.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

Personally, I was just having fun whole high school, just liked maths, physics, english, and got max results on the final exam. Didn't care about some other useless subjects and their grades since only the final exam is what counts when recruiting new students for the uni. Some other were spending much time, often money, I was just laughing. Wrote my polish exam oral thesis just during the very last night, also having learnt it by heart then. But then in uni there's a very different situation, I have a lot of things to study, a lot of projects etc.

It's hard to tell you some special tips, it depends on your attitude, of how you economy your time. Anyway the most important thing in my opinion is getting to know how the tasks of your final exams would be going to look like. Take some papers from previous year(s) and just scan them once a while to know what they focus on, what things are pretty repeatable. You surely know what I mean.

Don't resign from your special activities in the beginning by any means, make your teachers know that you are actually a busy, lifeloving man. They'll respect you more, and help you in many ways after they get to know you are interested in the subject, but your time to work on the studying material is limited. You'd see after a month that it fact it will have been a relative easy task, at least a lot easier than you had thought.
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

If I recall my last years on high school, I only recall playing elma, guitar, and stuff like that. I didn't get good grades though, only for german, for which I got 10/10 =D
Lee
37mins club

Post by Lee »

for my career choice grades meant nothing.
i did not study at all for my level 3 exams, but i still passed level 3. i had enough credits in math alone to get my level 3 cert :)
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

Last year was a breeze, ended up doing ~600 music rehearsals in total from 9 different ensembles + solo performances for piano whilst still getting a VHA10 for music (highest grade in history) ;D Pissed I only ended with A- on english and A for music extention. (excuse my retarded english) other than that got a VH10 in Math A (how could you not, it's so easy) and couple of other blah marks including Ancient History C+ (sleep class)

Just have fun, and who needs sleep? Relax, win. Advice out.
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

What's problematic to this topic that we have been merely been bragging about our grades instead of really giving any proper advise, which would be; just do some of your damn homework cunt, =)
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Some weird result about my university years: the less i played belma, the better my grades were. Strange...

And in another order of idea, do some exercice. Good for your general health and is often neglected during hardcore school sessions.
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

The_BoneLESS wrote:And in another order of idea, do some exercice. Good for your general health and is often neglected during hardcore school sessions.
Will maybe give this a shot. Thank you.

tj - i do!
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Tj, Smaxa, have you set a date yet?
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

11-11-11, fyi.
bob
Kuski

Post by bob »

well what university course are you aiming for, and what score is needed?

i hated the pressure of "choosing your career" at the age of 17 - 18. seriously, who the fuck truly knows what they want to do for the rest of their lives at such a young age.

there's way too much pressure for people to go to university. you don't need to go to university to have a successful career. schools (here) do discuss alternatives, but not near enough.

i was accepted into uni, but on the first day i simply said "i don't want to go".

it was a computer technology course. if i even enjoyed the course enough to complete it, i would probably be making mediocre money right now.

i'm happy i didn't go to university. now i'm currently in my 1st year (of 4) of an Electrical Apprenticeship and making very good money, and will rapidly increase every year. and eventually my own business could be on the cards.

don't stress about it. a couple years after school you'll realise that your scores don't really mean much at all. i recommend just enjoying (which doesn't mean not studying) your last year of school. for me, the last year of school was one of the best years of my life.

not sure why people hate school so much. hanging out with your mates all day, laughing etc. and it's a whole lot better then working. i miss those days.
mcleod