Formula 1 2014!

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

Ruben
Kuski

Re: Formula 1 2013!

Post by Ruben »

It seems to me that Kimi just doesn't have the pace. The car is good, but he's just involved in too many "accidents" to win the season. Grosjean is crazy, never had any hope for him. For the final champoionship standings I bet Vettel 1st, Kimi and Alonso battle for 2nd.

Although I don't like him, Alonso did a great race. Vettel untouchable (as too often is the case, hmpf).

I also love how fantastically incompetent Van Der Gaarde seems every single race. He gets overtaken by like three/four laps and then proceeds to explode his front wing. It's hard to remember that he actually made it into the F1 circus, so he's literally one of the best racing drivers in the world.
<veezay> antti also gonna get stabbed later this month
<nick-o-matic> niec

My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

Also sick feat from DiResta! And Kimi going for pointing-in-a-rowing WR :)
Chris
Kuski
Team: Ferrari

Post by Chris »

Interhybritizer wrote:It seems to me that Kimi just doesn't have the pace. The car is good, but he's just involved in too many "accidents" to win the season. Grosjean is crazy, never had any hope for him. For the final champoionship standings I bet Vettel 1st, Kimi and Alonso battle for 2nd.

Although I don't like him, Alonso did a great race. Vettel untouchable (as too often is the case, hmpf).

I also love how fantastically incompetent Van Der Gaarde seems every single race. He gets overtaken by like three/four laps and then proceeds to explode his front wing. It's hard to remember that he actually made it into the F1 circus, so he's literally one of the best racing drivers in the world.
Kimi has pace, but Lotus main strength are high speed corners. There were none in Canada. It should be better in Silverstone. Lotus will be slow in Monza too and possibly Spa.
Lousku wrote:could you mayke shorter sig please :( mega annoying and also against rules :()
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

spa has veri meni fast corners just 2 slow ones and one slowish she-cane. and we know kimis record there !
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

If I could go to one circuit to see the race, it would be definitely SPA! I love that circuit. And yes, its fast race, since la source thru kemmel straight is full throttle all the time, then a bit tricky part and again full throttle (broken only by teh chicane).
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Tigro wrote:If I could go to one circuit to see the race, it would be definitely SPA!
+1
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Pawq wrote:
Tigro wrote:If I could go to one circuit to see the race, it would be definitely SPA!
+1
+1
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

Zweq wrote:spa has veri meni fast corners just 2 slow ones and one slowish she-cane. and we know kimis record there !
There are many straights there too. That team was hopeless there for years, because Renault engine is crap with 18k rmp limiter. Only Kubica scored podium in wet conditions, both quail and race. Red Bull can win there because their cars are known to be have very efficient aerodynamics, but it still took them a while to be win there. In 2010 Red Bull was monster on high speed corners (they were about 20 kph faster than anyone at that high speed turn in Turkey!), but they still didn't shine at Spa that year. This years Lotus may be similar to 2010 Red Bull. As you may noticed Kimi often has troubles with overtaking on long straights.
Lousku wrote:could you mayke shorter sig please :( mega annoying and also against rules :()
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

ZOMFG what a race! :D The last few laps were probably the most exciting laps I've seen this year :D I'm very curious about what Pirelli will do next, but as I have been supporting them since they rejoined F1, now I'm really concerned about the safety. 4 tyre explosions and a few more near occuring in a race that is not at all the hottest of the season is ridiculous!

And gz to Kimi for breaking the all-time reliability record :)))
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

Pawq wrote:ZOMFG what a race! :D The last few laps were probably the most exciting laps I've seen this year :D I'm very curious about what Pirelli will do next, but as I have been supporting them since they rejoined F1, now I'm really concerned about the safety. 4 tyre explosions and a few more near occuring in a race that is not at all the hottest of the season is ridiculous!

Yeah Kimi got the record alright, but p5 is a bit of a disappointment after that race. At one point it almost seemed like p1 was within reasonable grasp.

Mixed feelings about Vettel. Although it's good to see his points get cut off, it still sucks for him to retire that late in a race that he definetly had in the box.
<nick-o-matic> niec

Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

After 12 laps i got red in face for that Pirelli nabs who cant do proper tyres for the best race in the world. Go home, Pirelli! Vettel´s gearbox was just the... shit that.
However, there were many good overakings during the race, exciting enough!
Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

Interhybritizer wrote:Yeah Kimi got the record alright, but p5 is a bit of a disappointment after that race. At one point it almost seemed like p1 was within reasonable grasp.
Kimi should have pitted during last safety car period, at the same lap as Rosberg. He could have won it.
Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

Pawq wrote:ZOMFG what a race! :D The last few laps were probably the most exciting laps I've seen this year :D I'm very curious about what Pirelli will do next, but as I have been supporting them since they rejoined F1, now I'm really concerned about the safety. 4 tyre explosions and a few more near occuring in a race that is not at all the hottest of the season is ridiculous!

Time to get rid of these boys :P

pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Come on guys, this all hatred towards Pirelli is hipocritical bullshit :/ Firstly, equipment failures are as common as anything in F1, with wheel guns and all the other kinds of stuff breaking down regularly. It is the first time the Pirelli tyres failed so spectacularly and significantly, so their reliability up until now has been great. Also, there is absolutely no guarantee that any other company would prepare better, safer or more reliable tyres. Pirelli are a super-renowed and respected brand, who are quite likely to be the best prepared for the job of F1 tyre making, in which they have been doing a great job. Also those interested may have read that Pirelli determined the causes of failures as being partially team-induced - swapping rear tyres, using excessively low pressures and extremely high camber angles. Sure, their tyres could be unsusceptible to such factors, but isn't it too much to require? Pirelli will be able to impose some factors on teams now, to ensure that the tyres are used exactly according to the specifications.

All in all, please think reasonably before joining into the general hatred on Pirelli :)
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Pawq wrote:so their reliability up until now has been great.)
This is why the hate on Pirelli is so common - it HASN'T been great, all year the tires have been delaminating and causing accidents. Tyre strategy is one thing, but having a tyre formula CAUSE ACCIDENTS in a sport such as formula one is just unacceptable. For safety's sake, they NEED a 0% fail rate.
Image Cyberscore! Image
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

1. There were ~no accidents on the tyres' side.
2. Nothing has 100% reliability. Even in F1.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

damn last race.
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

Pirelli were told by the FiA to make shitty tyres so that it would be more exciting, and then Pirelli get crap for making shitty tyres. Logic!

I wish F1 teams were given free reign to make the best cars in the world. They should be the very pinnacle of motorsport. In stead they're being thwarted more and more every year.
Tigro wrote:damn last race.
Didn't see the last race, I was busy being social and other useless crap like that... But the results give me some hope for Kimi and Lotus at least, even though Vettel won.
<nick-o-matic> niec

Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

i didnt see it as well, but was looking at some highlights (tyres!!) and results etc.. was camping in the mountains last week.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Interhybritizer wrote:I wish F1 teams were given free reign to make the best cars in the world. They should be the very pinnacle of motorsport. In stead they're being thwarted more and more every year.
Can't be done. It would be a battle of money then, which is quite pointless.
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

Pawq wrote:
Interhybritizer wrote:I wish F1 teams were given free reign to make the best cars in the world. They should be the very pinnacle of motorsport. In stead they're being thwarted more and more every year.
Can't be done. It would be a battle of money then, which is quite pointless.
Okay, then put a lid on it. Of course a few regulations will have to be in place, nothing at all could become a safety hazard of intergalactic dimentions. But one could easily have a maximum amount of money being spent. You can't deny that money is already an issue, with teams like Red Bull having significantly more funds than other teams like Marussia, or even Lotus.
<nick-o-matic> niec

pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Yeah, but giving more freedom to teams inevitably spreads out the competition, which is harmful to the sport's interest. Even with so strict and tight regulations on both the economic and technological sides the teams are still widely spread out. We have at least 3 fields at the moment, each usually unable to compete with any other if no special circumstances occur. Imagine spreading that out even more and having more or less the same results at each race :/

I'm also saddened by how limited the technological advancement is in F1, but understanding the causes allowed me to put up with it and enjoy the sporting spirit instead :)
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Redbull bittersweet victory. I feel really bad for Mark Webber :(
Plus, checking last 10 laps, Button dropped from 3rd to 7th place... looks like his tyres gone away in last laps.. :?
Kimi very well done, as well Rosberg. And Alonso, I didn´t even hear of him during the race, but 2nd is super place. Still, it looks like he can´t compete Vettel this year (or ever?).
Sebastian had great time out there, gaining like 1 second every lap. Insane, that guy uses S/L or what. 8O
Mark at least did get lifted up by Fernando :)

EDIT: 8O 8O I saw Kimi LAUGHING in the paddock. thing i have never seen before, what the heck! 8O :D
Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

I think all top 3 were brilliant. And no wonder Webber is retiring. Before his gearbox failure he was circa 45 seconds behind Seb. Seb was untouchable in the same car. I feel for RoGro who possibly had race of his life :( (oke it's hyperbole, but nonetheless he could have scored a lot of points)
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

I think Vettel has different car setup than Webber. For sure.
Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

And your point is? Drivers have different driving styles, it's extremely common for drivers to have their own setup that suit them best. It's like having your own setup in elma/eol- buttons setup, mini map size, camera settings etc. I don't know you copy Zweq's or Kazan's EOL setups. You probably have your own settings and you probably don't feel any disadvantage due to that fact as the game is the same for everyone. The cars that Webber and Vettel driver are also the same, but they still need the same adjustments as elma does. Aside from top management Webber and Vettel have separate engineers working only for them. When it comes to setup Webber could only feel disadvantaged if Vettel used Webber's setup.
Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace »

Chris wrote:I think all top 3 were brilliant. And no wonder Webber is retiring. Before his gearbox failure he was circa 45 seconds behind Seb. Seb was untouchable in the same car. I feel for RoGro who possibly had race of his life :( (oke it's hyperbole, but nonetheless he could have scored a lot of points)
To be fair - everyone else was as well. Seb was just a class above this race.

Grosjean had a decent race but far from his best.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

my point is, that there are so many things that can be tweaked in the car, that its almost impossible to talk about "same cars".
Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

It's not that. Red Bull rely heavily on aerodynamics thus it is faster in clean air. Webber was just about 0.1 slower than Vettel in qualifying, the issue is that Webber was stuck behind other cars, Vettel not. Also I believe it's not secret that Red Bull design cars to suit Vettel driving style, probably because Vettel already delivered 3 titles.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

that may be true, but another thing is, that there are DOZENS of secrets hidden in each of their cars, which no normal human will ever see or hear of.
Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

Funny race.

It was like :) :) 8O 8O :lol: :lol: :D :D :D
Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace »

I'm sick of sebastian vettel.

that is all
Image Cyberscore! Image
Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

And now you are probably ever more sick of him. 3 stops could have worked, but Mark's second stop was too early and was suck behind Grosjean. Either way, the fact is that Vettel had better strategy.
Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace »

Chris wrote:And now you are probably ever more sick of him. 3 stops could have worked, but Mark's second stop was too early and was suck behind Grosjean. Either way, the fact is that Vettel had better strategy.
Mark lost out when we was too slow at the end of the first stint. You heard over team radio his engineer saying "drop back to a 2s margin and then close in at the end of the stint" and then he lost nearly 2s on his inlap alone. You can't do that and win races.

His pace was pretty decent for a 3 stop, they just dillydallied too much at the first stint.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

dildos:

Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

V6 sux
Grace
38mins club

Re: Formula 1 2014!

Post by Grace »

What an awesome session to see live! Vettel forgot how to drive, some rain spicing things up and Ricciardo driving his brain out in front of the home crowd. New boys Magnussen and Kryat performing outstandingly on debut.

You should have heard the cheering when Vettel failed to get through to Q3. It was hilarious. He also got booed on his walk to the weighing room.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

i also wanna at least once in lief experience teh NNNNNNJJJEEEEEUUUUUUMMMM
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

I'm betting you're gonna hear it more than once if you do attend
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

So Ricardo got DSQ. What shame. :evil:
pawq
38mins club

Re: Formula 1 2017! Grid girls?

Post by pawq »

I just saw an article about the possibility of removing "grid girls" from F1, and I took a little part in the discussion below on facebook. I'm really curious what you guys think.

Here's the article:
https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/311/ ... -the-past/

Here's my original comment:
pawq on fcb wrote:Agree about this, but even more I don't see the charm of podium girls. I've been thinking for a couple of years now that it's not as impressive any more, and seems embarrassing for both parties - you manage to get on the podium so you get to walk through corridors full of women - incredibly vain. And then how must the ladies feel... Christian Horner may say there are a lot of women at senior positions in F1, but these traditions essentially bring the value of women down to their bodies, often scarcely dressed, which I think is derogatory.
One of the replies to my comment:
"no one's saying they're forced to but a) just because anyone does a job doesn't mean they enjoy it or feel comfortable with it b) even if they do enjoy it, it's also about the impact it has on other people not just them. Like Pawel says - it says your value is your body, you are the there for no other purpose, men deserve to have women lined up for them to look at as a reward. That's not a good message and for women there working at or enjoying the race it's a jarring occurrence. You can see the drivers are embarrassed by it too they're not like wahey woman amazing let's grab them (thankfully) and most regular guys nowadays would find it very awkward in my experience"

and some other comments:
"Keep them. They are all willing ladies, getting paid to do it so why not? Nobody 'loses' in this situation. Except feminists of course."
"Good it's just really cringe. The drivers ignore them anyway and the women (not "girls"!) look uncomfortable and it's just bit weird and dated and more than anything just unnecessary - it's about the race! I'd say the same with some half naked young men lining up being ignored - how is this relevant to race??"
"I've never seen the light between grid girls and motorsports. I think I'd prefer to see them on the grid but in a cockpit of the cars. That would be meaningful."
"Clearly Formula 1 is next on the Feminazi hit list."
"And they wonder why people now find f1 boring..."
"I always felt like it was [oldfashioned]. It's good news to know they're thinking about removing them."
"Goodness me, it's always been part and parcel of F1. I like them very much and they should stay."
"I like them. But. I don't like the whole 'you're tall, shiny and pretty' get up there thing."
"I think it's up to the girls them self's if they don't want to do it don't do it if they are happy in what they are doing what's the harm"

Please share your opinions, not just about "grid girls" but about the podium/corridor celebration girls too. I'm curious to hear your thoughts!
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

If I was a racer I would find the girls distracting I think. I wonder if all contestants fap just before the event in order to be able to concentrate on the race. In Japanese there is an expression 賢者タイム ("wise man time"), which refers to the state right after masturbation when you can think more clearly than ever. So I've been thinking recently that masturbation might actually be an important tool in decision making and stuff like that. Like if you have to make a very important choice, it might help if you play with yourself first.

And yeah, obviously this stuff is bad as it assigns women the role of mere decorations. Maybe some of them genuinely enjoy posing there, but that's most likely because they were sort of programmed by society and got used to serving the interests of men instead of pursuing their own dreams. Or perhaps they are narcissistic and find it pleasing when everyone is looking at them, but I feel like that's not healthy either. I doubt that it's a fulfilling job.
Last edited by kuchitsu on 15 Dec 2017, 16:04, edited 1 time in total.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Here we go again.
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

couldn't care less about it tbh :roll:
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Come on, what kind of answer is that to a teammate who is passionate about the issue? :P That's not the TR spirit!
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Yeah, I was a bit surprised too :P Thanks for your answer kuchi, I agree with what you said :) Interesting stuff about that "wise man time" :D
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

Just very hard for me to get engaged about this topic i guess, maybe because i also don't care about the sport in the first place. But I don't see how I would care that much either way. But I guess I understand that it looks old-fashioned and might make it look less classy or something.
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

There's an ez fix to this, just add an equal number of sexy men. Problem solved.
<nick-o-matic> niec

Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

Some years ago I read some comments from one of grid girls and she was quite excited to be on German GP and be paid for it! She wasn't even full time model. That was like dream summer job for her. She maybe was exception, maybe not. Give equal representation of girls and boys, but don't completely ban some job opportunities. That's just silly.
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »