Formula 1 2014!

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

Zweq
34mins club

Re: Formula 1 2012!

Post by Zweq »

Chris wrote: And McLaren after 14 years finally designed truly dominating car again :beer:
what the fuck are you on?
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

rbr chief engineer
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell

McLaren not as dominant as qualifying shows, just that they have better one-lap pace than the RB cars it seems. In all honesty the Red Bulls drove a much better pace during the whole race but lost because of traffic.

Mercedes disappointing. Seems like they'll be max in quali and terrible in races atm. Hope race pace improves greatly, i want them to win races.

Red Bull cars (And toro rosso too) very fast race pace, they were pretty quick all day. Teh toro rosso's appear to be very quick as well, top of the midfield at least. Ricciardo finished 9th even with teh 70s slower first lap + Pit stop, pretty great. Webber's car had manymany problems with KERS last year and seems they still carry on, and it hurts him accordlingly. His clear air times are far and away better than anyone else, just that he can't overtake D:

Lotus (Renault) seems to have a great package. Grosjean unlucky start but Kimi was very quick all day. Excited to see them carry on.

First thing that comes to mind is that the whole field is closer together this year, Sauber/Williams/Lotus all much closer to front-runners and Mercedes is now front-runner.

As for the race itself, kinda crazy race, especially last lap. Was disappointed to see Grosjean out and Ricciardo damaged at start, but there was so much action all race, kinda exciting. Last lap was max with so much midfield action, 5 cars in 1 tenth on run to checkered flag xD
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

very nice race, i enjoyed much.
Chris
Kuski
Team: Ferrari

Post by Chris »

Zweq wrote:
Chris wrote: And McLaren after 14 years finally designed truly dominating car again :beer:
what the fuck are you on?
Have you seen McLaren in 1998? After that they had some fast cars (2005, 2007, 2008), but they never had clear edge over competition. They have always been on pair with some other team. More recently you can look at 2002 or 2004 Ferrari to see what domination is.

This year maybe I was too early say about domination, but their gap in qualifying was rather big and Button easily pulled away from he rest of the field.

@Pawq

Mercedes was off the pace in race.
Lousku wrote:could you mayke shorter sig please :( mega annoying and also against rules :()
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

it has begun!!! <3

Chris: yeah, probably partially because DRS is only available on 2 straights, but there could be a million other reasons too ;)

McLaren... YAY <3 great pace, great confidence, great calm! Button had such a wonderful start, I was like OMGOMOGMG YESSSS :D I have no bloody idea why anybody would think they'd be dominant after one qualifying session, it's just ridiculous xD And i totally disagree that RB drove better pace but lost because of traffic. Webber, probably, but surely not Vettel. Vettel had clear field ahead for most of the race and has been losing a lot of time relative to the McLarens until the safety car was ejected. Then he got his 2nd place, practically by luck. He was slightly faster than Button at the end of the race, but why could that be? Well, Button had kinda old tyres and probably was just trying to carry his lead to the chequered flag not doing any stupid mistakes.

Mercedes was kinda fast, but... :( I'd like to see them faster too :/

Toro Rosso and especially Sauber omg :o sach great performances. The mid-field seems to be by far the tightest region atm, those two plus Force India and Williams seem to be almost equal :D Last straight of the race was loooooooooolz indeed, diResta such douchebag :D

Lotus is a great mystery for me, I wish Grosjean didn't have his accident and Raikkonen didn't make his qualifying mistake :/ Grosjean had wonderful qualifying, then something went wrong at the late stage of start and he was fucked up shortly later, so can't really say anything about his pace :/ Raikkonen was driving like crazy for the first half of the race getting from 18th like to 5th at a time, but then went back to 10th and I don't really know what happened :< (That's the part I wasn't watching very carefully, I had to do some life or death stuff for school at the same time :/ ) I can't wait for the next races to see what they're really capable of, I hope they'll remain competitive, not like last season!

I'm glad to see that Williams is better than last year, Maldonado annoyed some of the midfront runners quite a lot, would've been fucking 6th had he not had that bloody accident! :(

Lols at Ferrari, I'm not even sad:d

I loved it so much, the excitement.. Can't wait for the next Saturday already!!!

btw, I feel sooo sorry for Webber :/ Bloody pussy, he could make it to the Australian podium at least once!! Such a cool guy and so unable to fight :/
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

ah pawq, who will read that? :o
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

no idea, possibly me in some time :D im just writing all this shit because i have basically no friends at all watching f1, so i have nobody to share thoughts with :/
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

i will gladly share thoughts, but not so much tho. :) when i just see reply for the whole screen, i say to myself: forget it.
so if there are 2-3 rows of text, it is ok, readable and ready for discussion.

:D Vettel my favorite for this season. Like in last seasons.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

well that's just me, i'd read any amount of text in this particular tropic :D

shortly:
I love McLaren, I disagree that RBR was faster throughout the race, I'd like Mercedes to be even faster, I love the tightness in the mid-field with 4 teams nearly equal in pace (Force India, Sauber (my fav), Toro Rosso and Williams). I can't wait for the next race to see where Lotus really is in terms of longrun speed, I hope they'll be good, especially Raikkonen. Also Maldonado pretty sick and Ferrari lolololo nabs D: And i'm kinda sorry for Webber, I'd like him to outrun Vettel, at least at his home race :/
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

over the years i've started disliking albert park, although it has been in the calendar for a while and imo the race was bad and boring
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

:D
maldonado was mega sick this race, last lap DNF :) It´s nice to see Lotuses now here in their new outfit, very historical flavor.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

Red Bull and Lotus have requested clarification from the FIA and hope to have it before the Sepang weekend.
Nice :D
Lousku wrote:could you mayke shorter sig please :( mega annoying and also against rules :()
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Why so? They were smart enough to invent something others didn't think about and those others immediately want to take their invention down, why is that nice? :/
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

ah pawq, you didnt know? its the same thing like with KERS. when someone is too much in front of others, FIA comes and prohibites it. ar at least restricts to some nab limits.
Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

Pawq wrote:Why so? They were smart enough to invent something others didn't think about and those others immediately want to take their invention down, why is that nice? :/
Because Lotus will be faster when they copy it. And come one.. Mercedes copied old f-duct, blown diffuser in the past. In F1 you can't patent your designs anyway. This is how F1 works.

And f-duct is called f-duct because someone at McLaren called it like that. :P
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

omg nabs, everybody copies everything all the time, but bongoing that something is not legal while it is legal is simply nab. that's what lotus and now also rbr are doing. and "when someone is too much in front of others"... just listen to yourself xD
Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

Pawq wrote:omg nabs, everybody copies everything all the time, but bongoing that something is not legal while it is legal is simply nab. that's what lotus and now also rbr are doing. and "when someone is too much in front of others"... just listen to yourself xD
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11203214260 ... z1pl9ttMxJ
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Pawq wrote:omg nabs, everybody copies everything all the time, but bongoing that something is not legal while it is legal is simply nab. that's what lotus and now also rbr are doing. and "when someone is too much in front of others"... just listen to yourself xD
Sadly it's the truth.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

Teach me the basics, I also want to argue about billionaires' toys.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace »

Lousku wrote:Teach me the basics, I also want to argue about billionaires' toys.
Cars go around in a circle for a bit. Fastest one to do 300Km wins. They have to stop for tires at least once a race.

Only it's not that simple, governing authorities impose thousands of restrictions on the cars, so rather than it being the fastest car they can design, it's just the best car designed to certain rules.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

Lousku wrote:Teach me the basics, I also want to argue about billionaires' toys.
http://www.formula1.com/default.html -> inside f1 -> understanding the sport
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

Meant the basics of cars. I've been to a GP in Indianapolis. I understand there's some car limitations that change pretty often, constructors try to get as close to the limits as possible and some judges decide what's within limits blah blah, right? Basically the same thing as enigma bance; a gamebreaker, innit? I'll go make myself a sandwich now.
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

Lousku wrote:Meant the basics of cars. I've been to a GP in Indianapolis. I understand there's some car limitations that change pretty often, constructors try to get as close to the limits as possible and some judges decide what's within limits blah blah, right? Basically the same thing as enigma bance; a gamebreaker, innit? I'll go make myself a sandwich now.
Are you stupid? You didn't even read that.
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

You didn't even write it.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

Igge wrote:You didn't even write it.
So what?
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

Yeah, Chris, I am. That sandwich was good.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

ah Chris ._. Fe'y not detected + what lous said is basically true, just it's usually easier to determine what complies with the rules and what does not.

btw, fuck im excited with malaysia! such coal and hot circuit o,o im really curious if it will rain, that often gives button and schumi certain advantage :D
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

Pawq wrote: im really curious if it will rain, that often gives button and schumi certain advantage :D
yeah... just that vettel's first win was on super wet track, in a fucking toro rosso
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

just that once ;) button is famous for his fantastic handling rain, schumi was famous for it before :)
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

Pawq wrote:it's usually easier to determine what complies with the rules and what does not.
Oh. Well, that's good.
Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace »

Zweq wrote:
Pawq wrote: im really curious if it will rain, that often gives button and schumi certain advantage :D
yeah... just that vettel's first win was on super wet track, in a fucking toro rosso
Rooting for Ricciardo! :P
Image Cyberscore! Image
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Same shit again, goad :D creepy vettel on hard tyres, im wonderin what's the difference :0 toro rosso probably surprised everyone, but i never kinda felt they were that good... but vergne 18th? lals
alonso good massa bad (no surprise here :D), perez gooooad kobayashi baaad, ricciardo good vergne bad, end as usual... poor rakkionen and kickass grosjean, i cheer for them tomorrow! gonna be tight, can't wait :D
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

will be boring again, start-finish rides from mercedeses...
Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace »

Tigro wrote:will be boring again, start-finish rides from mercedeses...

? Do you mean McLaren? :P
Image Cyberscore! Image
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

pit, retire the car, retire the car, retire the car
(...)
stay out, stay out, stay out, stay out!
(...)
stop the car, it's an emergency, stop the car!

WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT!!!!!
Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

It was stunning Alonso and Ferrari win. Alonso is leading WDC now, unbelievable 8O

I feel for Sauber and Perez a bit.

Ahh and Mercedes should admit defeat once again this year?
Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace »

Well i think the whole race can be summed up with: Sergio Perez.

He was without doubt the fastest driver all day. Alonso was second quickest and won because of perez slide on turn 13 lap 50 imo.

Seems McLaren a little less confident now than they were. Button (and Vettel) runs into an HRT and it ruins his day o,o Although neither of them were very quick. Red Bulls not really fast either.

It seems to me that the midfield (Sauber, Toro, Williams) have caught up to the frontrunners enough now that the front 12 cars or so are on similar paces. Mclarens better in qualifying than anyone else (and same to be said for Mercedes) but the midfield teams crazy fast in the race.

As for Perez -> They speak of him replacing massa at ferrari, looks like a certainty now. Sad for Massa, but lets see some new talent shining in a place other than RB. Ricciardo and Vergne are doing their bit in Toro and Senna doing a great job at williams today, i'd like to see Perez/Koboyashi and Senna/Ricc/Vergne in a better car.

Stunning race. WDC close still :D
Image Cyberscore! Image
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Perez

was

amazing.

that´s all. pity of that small hesitation 5 laps before end.
Didn´t see whole race, only since 30th lap. didnt see red flags and sach, just read logs. must have been amazing.
keep on going sergio!
Was jusr rofling at Vettel and his radio-man - retire!, continue!, emergency stop!! lal.
Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

Red Bull ridiculous..

http://youtu.be/JieCLevAsLI
Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

I think this is brilliant:

Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

real or fake?
LAL :)
Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

Real.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

hahahah, fucking win 8D

now a few words about the last Sunday: what a GP! Unfortunately the 107% rule didn't really work because of HRTs (or rather Karthikeyan) starting on full wets, which allowed him to break into the midfield, where he successfully managed to fuck up the race for first Button and then Vettel :( (ye ye, i know both of them actually ran into Karthikeyan, but it probably wouldn't happen if he wasn't THAT slower -.-) With those two up front all the time the race would probably be twice as exciting as it was!

Vettel's final radio frenzy was due to break cooling damage (caused by the earlier puncture), which made his engineer want him to stop for emergency reasons. No reaction occurred, though, because the radio communication between Vettel and the team was down throughout the race due to Horner.

Alonso drove pretty well, congrats ye, but biggest props obviously go to fucking Perez!!! Not only got through to the top thanks to great strategy, but also maintained extremely fast pace throughout the second half :O first he caught up with Alonso by 1s per lap, after the runout he caught up again even though he lost some 5s! :D fucking sick, too bad he run out on that 17 corner, i bet he'd finally take alonso on those 5 final laps :(

Mercedes extremely harsh on the tyres, as they predicted... too bad :/

There's talk that the midfield teams caught up with the frontrunners and some even became frontrunners... Well, I don't entirely agree. It seems that the last year's frontrunners broke up into two new divisions, the new frontrunners (McLarens, RBRs, Alonso), and the rest (Massa? :S, Mercedeses). Now the midfield teams (Lotus, Sauber, Williams :o, TR?, Force India?) are fast enough to compete with the old frontrunners (Mercedeses and Massa), but still not really with the rest. Let's wait and see what Kimi is capable of though, I can't wait to see his "first" win! :D

Plus, I wouldn't be so sure about that Perez & Ferrari intercourse... Polish commentators talk about seeing Kubica in Ferrari, so I wouldn't really trust any commentators, unless that's Coulthard or someone alike -.-

Can't wait for China!!!!!!!!!!!
Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

Pawq wrote: Unfortunately the 107% rule didn't really work because of HRTs (or rather Karthikeyan) starting on full wets, which allowed him to break into the midfield, where he successfully managed to fuck up the race for first Button and then Vettel :( (ye ye, i know both of them actually ran into Karthikeyan, but it probably wouldn't happen if he wasn't THAT slower -.-) With those two up front all the time the race would probably be twice as exciting as it was!
Pawq, Karthikeyan was faster than Button and Vettel expected hence they ran into his HRT.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Chris wrote:Karthikeyan was faster than Button
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

Pawq wrote:
Chris wrote:Karthikeyan was faster than Button
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Great selective quoting. Bravo, you can now work for some random tabloid. :beer:
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Chris wrote:Pawq, Karthikeyan was faster than Button and Vettel expected hence they ran into his HRT.
Ha, makes sense now! xdddddddd
Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace »

Pawq big idiothead.

Anyways -> Was Martin Brundle that mentioned the Perez/Ferrari thing.
Image Cyberscore! Image