Dreams

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Re: Dreams

Post by Bismuth »

John wrote:I read it LousQ ;o I've never experienced a dream like that, at least as far as I can remember.

Btw anyone else felt while dreaming/being half awake that hands has been really heavy? It's a feeling that I've had several times. Sometimes I can make hands even heavier if I concentrate on doing so. Is this lucid dreaming? :x
Yes, when I lay down somewhere for 15-20 mins without really sleeping, I often come to a state in which I want to move but I can't. I really want, I want, I WANT, but I simply cannot take the action. I am only wanting, concentrating all my efforts, but I simply can't DO the action. Another thing that happens is that I begin dreaming a bit and I think I stood up and there are things happening, but after a little moment I understand it's not true, I am still there and still haven't moved. It can repeat many times in a single minute, and usually I end it by simply stop concentrating very much on moving and just do it. Really awkward feeling but wouldn't say I am paralyzed or something, it's just bizarre and cool, after that I am always a bit lost for some minutes.
:mrhat:
Raven
Moporator
Team: MiE

Post by Raven »

It's sleep paralysis. (paralysis may be necessary to protect organisms from self-damage through physically acting out scenes from the often-vivid dreams that occur during this stage.)

I have dreams 99/100 :)
Seize the day
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

I don't really think it is, sleep paralysis is much more hallucinatory and usually extremely scary.
masterBurn
Kuski

Post by masterBurn »

Ye Mad, those are called hypnopompic hallucinations. Sometimes I can have them for a few minutes out of sleep too, mostly if dream was intense beforehand (i.e. erection, wild rem, high cardiac and respiratory rhythms, etc.). Funny thing to know is that erection of pelvic organs seems not related to erotic dream scenes per se, but merely to dream intensity. Some dreams I had through my life (including one a few days ago) were astonishingly intense, although too bizarre to be written in my dream journal. However, those will forever be part of my memories.

I can understand myself only in the light of inner happenings. -- Jung
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

I dreamed that you guys were suddenly hating me like never before because I was supposedly spamming all day long.
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

Last night I dreamed of reading an Elmawiki article about snajdig. It said something like snajdig not being a real person but rather a name that professionals use to troll everyone.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

you won't believe but i dreamt today i met john and was talking with him about that i'm sorry that i called him a nerd, he also told me it was a lie that he works in a cinema, but that is his greatest dream, he was coming back from school and was sweaty after some p.e. his face was funny, still

btw there have acome a period when i have lots of dreams, i like it, recently even i woke up laughing :D
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

I recently put a notepad next to my bed to be able to write down ideas and dreams. I'm sorry to say, so far the dreaming hasn't been mutual berh. Actually it's still pretty empty :(
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

John wrote:I recently put a notepad next to my bed to be able to write down ideas and dreams.

What an excellent idea!!! My notepad will become an encyclopaedia after a month :D
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Had some pretty nice dreams lately.

One were a mix of the three series Alias, Lost and Party Down. The ppl from Party Down were catering at some restaurant where the bad guys from Alias and Lost were sitting together and talking/complaining about some stuff the good guys were doing.

Another one were pretty much the pilot of a new mystery series. My class were at some museum, getting a tour and sach and there were one artefact that started transforming to some weird stuff. At the end the everyone were sitting together looking at the artefact, viewpoint were towards the ppl and then it kinda moved around and I viewed all the ppl form behind and it were revealed that some of the ppl saw the artefact in black and white, and some in color, and that were the cliffhanger that ended the episode. Then the song "Shine" from this years eurovision where the theme song that played at the end, when everyone ran out of the museum.

I guess I'm watching too much TV :P
masterBurn
Kuski

Post by masterBurn »

John wrote:I recently put a notepad next to my bed to be able to write down ideas and dreams.
Hmm, great. I have been doing this for a while, too. Useful for noting down ideas springing up when you go to sleep, and useful for noting down key words related to dream scenes upon waking up. Later (re-)constructing of dream scenes in a more complex way (e.g., by intent writing in a journal) may then be facilitated.

Once in a dream, I figured out I was dreaming. I had already begun the process of writing down key words relating to the scenes in which I was part of. Eight scenes later, my small notepad page (which I usually write on while in bed, in "complete" darkness -- note that I also like sleeping with earplugs, so as to mimic a sensory-deprivation environment (similar to the womb one)) was pretty much filled up. Upon quitting the dream state (the occurrence of which process I cannot seem to (yet -- laughter) control), I recognized that I "had left" the notepad in the dream world, and proceeded to transcribe down from memory and with integrity the complete content of the page I had written in the dream to my bedside notepad. The effect was thus one of "having brought back that piece of paper from the dream world to this one," and permitted me to spend time writing in absorption the dream in its different scenes, which I remembered quite much because of its intensity (in fact, my waking-world body must have presented vasodilatation of pelvic organs (in this case an erection), in addition of rapid cardiac-and-respiratory-systems rhythms).

That's it, folks. Stay awake. ;)
NoZKeY
Kuski

Post by NoZKeY »

abruzzi wrote:

What an excellent idea!!! My notepad will become an encyclopaedia after a month :D
I tried it long time ago...
I wrote the first 2 or 3 days
Then i forgot about it lol...
But yeah if i could write everything i think before sleeping and my dreams... i would write lots of books ;DDDD;DD;D
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

I had a nice dream this morning

For three days now, I put my alarm around 10:30 with CBC radio and it's classical music at that time of the day, so it's nice to wake up on that. Though, I always fall down to sleep for another hour so I finally turn it off at 11:30. This morning, I was asleep with the music on, and I was in a classroom in college, the teacher was saying "There was a philosopher who was also a composer, you know him already, it's Nietzsche. His music reflected his way of thought: more is better. Listen and tell me what does Nietzsche place a lot in this music." and then she starts the music and I quickly understand that there are a lot of tremolos and grace notes. But before the end of the song I wake up and realize it was the music on the radio my alarm was playing. It felt weird 'cause what the teacher had said was pretty true (except the Nietzsche part), the music was pretty dense in tremolos and other stuff with names I don't know in English (it was most probably baroque). It also felt weird because I was really concentrating on the music I was actually hearing in a dream context. But it was nice because I had a girl next to me and I could see her tits in her shirt 8)
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

Bismuth wrote:I had a nice dream this morning

For three days now, I put my alarm around 10:30 with CBC radio and it's classical music at that time of the day, so it's nice to wake up on that. Though, I always fall down to sleep for another hour so I finally turn it off at 11:30. This morning, I was asleep with the music on, and I was in a classroom in college, the teacher was saying "There was a philosopher who was also a composer, you know him already, it's Nietzsche. His music reflected his way of thought: more is better. Listen and tell me what does Nietzsche place a lot in this music." and then she starts the music and I quickly understand that there are a lot of tremolos and grace notes. But before the end of the song I wake up and realize it was the music on the radio my alarm was playing. It felt weird 'cause what the teacher had said was pretty true (except the Nietzsche part), the music was pretty dense in tremolos and other stuff with names I don't know in English (it was most probably baroque). It also felt weird because I was really concentrating on the music I was actually hearing in a dream context. But it was nice because I had a girl next to me and I could see her tits in her shirt 8)
Best end to a quote ever.
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Epic end quote.

I have managed to incorporate my alarm into my dreams several times. For instance, a fire alarm once started sounding in my dream exactly when my alarm clock went off. Another time when I had an alarm clock that played a short tune on a loop, in my dream I put in a CD in a CD player and pressed play exactly as the tune stared.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

this is creepy, honestly
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

uberpro endquote bismuth
[carebox]
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

milagros wrote:uberpro endquote bismuth
It's the type of thing you earn a few beers for and some smooth looks in a bar.
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Yeah it was amazing :D
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
Lee
37mins club

Post by Lee »

I just had the most fucked up dream last night. It was like a combination of Portal, Pokemon, cats, and flooding. It made no sense at all.

It was like a huge factory full of stairs and completely flooded with water, and Pokemon swimming around, and fiery explosions that set cats on fire. And big a dragon type thing (Rayquaza?) swimming around, and a huge dark room with Umbreon in a cage, and the water started rising so I had to put the fire out on the cats face and grab the cat and leave fast or I would drown. I would have used my Blastoise to put the fire out but I wasn't sure sure what ball it was in so I used my hands. I was running down all these stairs with the cat, and the rushing water not far behind me. Then I got into some deep underground cave/dungeon type area, and there was a lot of toxic goo on the floor, and a Blastoise off on some little piece of land shooting water balls at the wall. I pulled out my portal gun and shot a blue portal at the wall where the water balls were hitting, and shot an orange portal at the ceiling above Blastoise which made it so Blastoise got hit by its own waterballs. Then it caught on fire and turned into ash.
:beer:
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

Last night I dreamed that Orcc wrote on some post of mine and banned me for a short while.
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

I had a dream where I got my own apartment and the first thing I did was sauna with Lousku. max dream :*
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

Very roope. Waiting for you to get your own apartment now.

I dreamed that I was in Fear Factor and one trick was to sit in a dark box while they drilled holes through your head. After that my sight was about 0,2 fps.
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Lousku wrote:Very roope. Waiting for you to get your own apartment now.

I dreamed that I was in Fear Factor and one trick was to sit in a dark box while they drilled holes through your head. After that my sight was about 0,2 fps.
lolled at your dream.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

So did I : D
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I was about to tell a dream, but then someone rang me up and pulled me directly out of it. So lame when that happens =E
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

Been having and remembering lots of cool dreams lately.
Just had a dream where I was smoking joints with Kopaka and a lot of crazy stuff happened in the apartment building. My sister jumped in my face as a cat made of her hair, Kopaka opened up to me and shared his deepest secrets (can't remember what they were), also a recurring thing was a missing bag of peanuts. A lot of more max cool adventures too :*
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

i love dreams too, they the only movies i "watch"
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

sounds like nice dream roope ;)
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

yesterday someone mentioned reading about human-mans eating 8 spiders in their lifetime during sleep, in average. Of course I saw a dream about spiders last night
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

Zweq wrote:yesterday someone mentioned reading about human-mans eating 8 spiders in their lifetime during sleep, in average. Of course I saw a dream about spiders last night
I heard this too, in this song 2 days ago: Lazy Boy - Facts of Life
I dreamt that world population will be 7 billion people in 14 days though. 1960 there were 3 billion people on earth =)
Oh wait, it wasn't a dream o,o
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

No need to state the obvious, spiders dont like humid warm holes, that's for penises. Subconsciousness is just a bitch
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

One guy in my city many years ago had an infected wound inside his mouth, and it had growth like a boil.
One night he woke up by tiny spiders crawling out of teh wound inside his mouth. True story. Some spider mom had laid eggs there o,o creepy shit
(this is not a dream btw)
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

penis detaches from your torso, flies out of the window, goes charge up in someones vagina(actually you dont care how it charges up), brings back an orgasm. All this while you're happily höyling snaFF
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

[quote="Bjenn"]One guy in my city many years ago had an infected wound inside his mouth, and it had growth like a boil.
One night he woke up by tiny spiders crawling out of teh wound inside his mouth. True story. Some spider mom had laid eggs there o,o creepy shit
(this is not a dream btw)[/quote]
Doesn't matter if it's true, it's gross! Good story.
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Yesterday I dreamt that I was on a recon mission with Barack Obama, spying on a bunch of russians who were driving a large black RV. And damn, Obama was max pro at it. Jumping over fences parkour style and taking pics from a distance. I remembered the dream very well when I woke up but it faded away during the day :x Also remember pieces of a big glass complex, but can't remember what happened there.

Last night I dreamt I had an exam on eigenvalues. I was there for the exam quite early because not only did you have to write the exam, you also had to find a room in a tall skyscraper to write it in. I was picky with the room I wanted and therefore everyone got the nice rooms before I did. The skyscraper was some distorted mix of my old house at uni and the moomin house :p Though this house was yellow I think (just like my old house).
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I remember jack shit these days of my dreams. :(
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

I had quite a weird dream... like I had to ride a moped and a car in some countryside roads and I had to keep them hidden from other people that they don't steal them, and I had to move them both from place A to place B. So if I drive car nearer to place B I had to drive the car back near the moped to ride the moped nearer to place B, vice versa . Really weird stuff :P. Walk anyonE??
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Atm I very often travel to different places when dreaming. A few nights ago I went to New York which is probably my most frequent dream destination , in the past week I also went to Denmark. Many airports in my dreams, sometimes rushing to a flight, sometimes forgetting passport. I usually mention the destination for my gf when we wake up and she usually ask me "was I in it?". Sometimes she is, sometimes she's not. Quite pleasant dreams to have tho!
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

My recent dream was about one of my friends unexpectedly visiting us at my home at ~midnight. He doesn't usually visit, so it was kinda strange why he came in. Immediately as he walked in to the living room, he started loudly playing the piano for some reason, laughing like a maniac. Dad wasn't very pleased...

Woke up, and was like wtf brain?
5tr1k3r
Kuski

Post by 5tr1k3r »

Yeah. What an outrageous dream.
iCS
Kuski

Post by iCS »

Met with Nekit, the meeting place looked like an airport or maybe a bus station.
He revealed that he can speak a lot of languages, for example Albanian. Then he said something in Albanian, very confidently and apparently fluently (though I didn't understand a word of course). He mentioned other languages too, but I don't remember the details (didn't mention English imo). Then I said: I'm sure you can speak Ukrainian too, because it's quite similar to Russian.
He didn't exactly look like as on the FEM17 photos, but he was recognizable. Or at least, somehow I knew he was Nekit.

*edit: damm, there is an Acrossing dreams topic
analcactus
Kuski

Post by analcactus »

Lately I'm having as i call them "meta dreams", so that in such dreams I sleep. One of those was that i suddenly appeared at some kind of business game in the organisation where i was working like 3 years ago, and it was the game where one guy starts a story and the second one continues it with some rules, but i was sleeping lol and my boss told "Anton, wtf why you sleep, it's been three rounds already could you please participate too?" and i then tried to continue story but it didn't met the rules. then i woke up and was like "do i really sleep that bad that i need to sleep while sleeping?"
Image Image
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

I woke up about an hour ago and had to write this down before forgetting. There's a bit of boring dream setup at the start before the pay-off. Bare with it.

Park Pool Romance

On the way home, I was telling a story to some of the other guys from swimming class about what had happened during the class today, and how I couldn't believe it had actually happened in real life. Then I woke up, because of course it was too good to be true. Here's the story I was telling:

It's midday on a grey day of spring. The temperature is alright, but the world hasn't sprung into that characteristic vivid green just yet. No wind. Elsa, my girlfriend, is taking a swimming class, though in truth it's more like pool exercise group. It has a far too energetic 30-something instructor girl and everything. Elsa thinks I might like it, so she has brought me along. The pool is situated in one end of a huge park, completely out in the open. It's already filled with other people who are also in the class. I strip down to my swimming shorts, drop my clothes on the grass beside the pool just like everybody else, don the mandatory scuba mask, and jump in. The pool is very deep and dark. The class commences, we do some exercises, at some point Elsa has had enough and leaves without telling me, so now I'm stuck in this class with a bunch of strangers. Oh, and Jørgen from elementary. Fancy meeting him here.

During the class we also do some running around the park, and in the confusion I accidentally join another swimming group, who are situated in another pool at the other end of the park. Nobody seems to care, and the leaders from the two groups seem well acquainted anyway so I just go with it and continue my lessons in the new group, which I'll call Group B for the sake of clarity (the original group being Group A). The lessons go on for a bit, until suddenly everyone from Group B get out of the pool start putting on white robes.

This is where the fun begins.

I hear the sound of "Love Is An Angel" being played from a small CD-player, except it's a slow and sappy ballad version. Group B is now in a coordinated effort clumping together into a big formation of letters on the grass, obviously trying to spell out "LOVE." They accidentally spell out "SOS" in stead. I start wondering what the hell this is all about, but I don't have to wonder for long. In the park, maybe halfway between the two pools, I hear an amplified, mid-puberty voice bellowing "Love Is An Angel." Right in the middle of the park is a young boy in swimming shorts, "singing" through a megaphone towards Group A, who have finished with their class and are heading across the park. Beside him is what looks like his servant, a grown man in a tuxedo, holding an enormous bouquet. There must be maybe fifty red roses in all, and the whole thing is adorned with braided and patterned glossy paper. Poking out from the middle is a single, huge, yellow rose.

"This is for you Eline!" the young lad screams through the megaphone, and then he keeps singing the lyrics. Though, from the look of things he has yet to gain the attention of this Eline, so in a desperate attempt he snatches the bouquet from his servant and tries setting it on fire with a lighter. It kind of works, and he holds the sad, half-burning bouquet in the air while screaming "Love is an angel!" through the megaphone. His singing wasn't great to begin with, but now it was just flat out, red faced screaming.

Eline, a tall, blonde girl roughly the same age as the boy, who is making her way across the park along with Group A, finally notices the boy about a hundred meters away. Her face immediately turns tomato red, and she quickly hides amongst her friends as they very quickly escape from the park, disappearing into the city.

The boy stops screaming. It would appear is grand romantic endeavour did not quite go as intended. He drops down onto the grass, sitting hunched over with his head hanging. Megaphone on one side and charred bouquet on the other. Behind him his servant checks his watch, unfazed, as if this sort of thing happens regularly.
<veezay> antti also gonna get stabbed later this month
<nick-o-matic> niec

My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
Marcin
Kuski

Post by Marcin »

Night.
Last edited by Marcin on 23 Mar 2020, 11:18, edited 1 time in total.
Marcin
Kuski

Post by Marcin »

Night.