Poker

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

gimp
Kuski

Poker

Post by gimp »

so i have been an avid poker player since i was a kid. lately i have been playing online with http://www.pokerstars.net/poker/download/. i like just about all games ranging from omaha hi/lo to stud and no limit texas hold'em of course. feel free to talk about hands, strategies, or money won or lost or your love for the game.

p.s. pm if you want to play online sometime in a tourney or cash game with me. would also be cool if we could set up a poker tournament between a bunch of kuskis, the site allows you to use play money and real money.
God Bless America
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Re: Poker

Post by niN »

I like poker, but I hardly ever play online. What I like about poker is listening to other peoples pitch, looking at their expressions and their bodylanguage, then I try to draw some conclusions on what they might have. I think it's really exciting backing up a theory of my own with some money :P And it's even more fun on those occasions you did a good job.
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
Labs
37mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Labs »

I play poker since more than 3 years. My biggest winning was 1000$ in one day with party poker "steps". I'm registered to more than 50 rooms, but my fav's are: Titan and Party poker. I play mostly online but sometimes i play in live too. If want to play with me than register to Poker Nordica and go to 100.000$ freeroll and qualify :beer:
Team SPEED

insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

Won 20€ last week in real life no limit hold-em (6 players). YAY!
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

Labs wrote:I play poker since more than 3 years. My biggest winning was 1000$ in one day with party poker "steps". I'm registered to more than 50 rooms, but my fav's are: Titan and Party poker. I play mostly online but sometimes i play in live too. If want to play with me than register to Poker Nordica and go to 100.000$ freeroll and qualify :beer:
thats a bit too much money for me....labs do you ever get worried about cheaters when you play online with so much money? i figure say its an 8 person tourney or cash table, if their were 6 guys with computers all next to each other working together they could easily milk money out of the remaining two. surely people must do this, its just an easy way to make money.
God Bless America
Ecchi
39mins club

Post by Ecchi »

A freeroll is free to enter and has prices:P

Anyway I don't think its very usual for people to sit together and milk money out of others, it might happen but its rare as most poker clients don't allow people with same IP to sit at same cash tables etc. In pokerstars I think the tournament have to have more than 100 players or something for people with same IP to sign up for it=) (or fulltilt it was, as thats where I sometimes play) Though I lost my 500NOK last time I logged in so cba
RIP enthusiast claim image:(
Labs
37mins club

Post by Labs »

gimp wrote:
Labs wrote:I play poker since more than 3 years. My biggest winning was 1000$ in one day with party poker "steps". I'm registered to more than 50 rooms, but my fav's are: Titan and Party poker. I play mostly online but sometimes i play in live too. If want to play with me than register to Poker Nordica and go to 100.000$ freeroll and qualify :beer:
thats a bit too much money for me....labs do you ever get worried about cheaters when you play online with so much money? i figure say its an 8 person tourney or cash table, if their were 6 guys with computers all next to each other working together they could easily milk money out of the remaining two. surely people must do this, its just an easy way to make money.
I think, theres not so many cheaters. Ofc you can make a bot to Fix Limit and you win ~as much money what you take in the blind (so you can get the Rakeback and win much money :)) but on No Limit its not working, you should have pro mathematics skills to make some bot which still loses money cause of the bluffs and other things. I play on tournaments, and there people can't cheat. And yes, on the Nordica you dont need money to qualify in the 100.000$ tournament. Firstly you need to be in the top50 from 2000 and then you go and qualify from second tournament to the freeroll. And back to the cheating, i think that several pokerroom deals cards for more rake to the room, like you have AKs and the other have QQ, on the flop coming some A7Q, on the turn comes the Q again and the river is A. Ofc coming the allin and manymany rake to the room...
Team SPEED

Juble
Hat tricker

Post by Juble »

Ive played NL for about a year and PLO for about 5 months. I find tournaments at the low levels($1-10)to be lotto draws. cash games are better at making money.
I play mostly on full tilt because of the software. If you just started Dan Harrington's books or Ryan Fees 6max guide(a free .pdf, I may upload if people are intrested and give me and upload site) are great reads. ;]

ps: the .net sites are all play money, the .com ones have real and play money.
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Danielj is running a poker bot in #nlhe IRCnet, you should all come there and play, there are around 10 ppl there at the moment, all elma players. I think it's really fun to play there cus it's ppl you know you play against.
FinMan
36mins club
Team: dat

Post by FinMan »

Kopaka wrote:Danielj is running a poker bot in #nlhe IRCnet, you should all come there and play, there are around 10 ppl there at the moment, all elma players. I think it's really fun to play there cus it's ppl you know you play against.
Heh, played couple matches too last weekend and indeed is worth it when you know the ppl you play against.
Raven
Moporator
Team: MiE

Post by Raven »

Anyone playing on IPN/Boss Media network? Could play some NL/POT Heads up SNGs (5€ to 100€) :wink:
Seize the day
Harald Hasch
Kuski

Post by Harald Hasch »

play mostly online too, but enjoy live poker a lot, won a live tournament a week ago, 200 dollar first price.

play on pokerstars, and usually prefer tourneys over cash game. @gimp, pm me if your playing in some cool tourney soon!
Morgan
36mins club

Post by Morgan »

started playing IRL year ago
usually i play with 6-10 friends. we play tournaments with low buy-in (3-4e max) every friday or at least once a 2 weeks.
played also with free 50$ from some poker site (pokerstrategy or such, no commercial) but lost everything
at IRL poker my balance is like 60-65% wins / 35-40% loses.
i think its not gambling when play with proper people and proper strategy
Image TT - 36:53.16 || 17 Polish Records || SPEED