The Quote Code List

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

A.K.B.
37mins club

The Quote Code List

Post by A.K.B. »

This simple game starts like this:

Step 1:

Take a quote of the person above you, and only a certain selection of their text. Your aim is to achieve the highest score you can using their quote.

Step 2:

Each letter in the alphabet starting from a-z grows exponentially in value, each time gaining value to the value of the golden ratio squared. So obviously it's better to get a z than an a.

Step 3:

If you use a quote with the same letter twice then you must go back and remove the 4th letter from the end of the quote, then half the value of the 17th letter from the middle letter of the quote (either forwards or backwards) so if this rule doesn't substantially affect your quote, then consider it.

Step 4:

Put your value into a List, and as your score increases add each value on the list like so:
Step 5:

As your list grows you must begin including code with the 15th word of each quote starting from the 4th quote. Once you've created code with 31 words then it effectively becomes a quote itself and you get bonus points! But beware Step 3. you might want to take care in selecting quotes in which the 15th words do not contain coinciding letters.

Have fun with this game! It's worked just fine at school and I know you all enjoy a bit of mental relaxation.
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
ribot
Not banned

Re: The Quote Code List

Post by ribot »

I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones

-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

Have fun with this game! It's worked just fine at school and I know you all enjoy a bit of mental relaxation.
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

i didn't know that you were allowed to subtract with matrix computations... in fact i thought this competition was meant to be one-dimensional... but you calculated it paradoxcal-non-linearly.... which of course is cheating in a sense...

if you take your calculations of previous magnitude:
(-591)
(-342)
(34)

you'd end up with:
1691 :devil:
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020