Merry Christmas 2012!

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

Zweq
34mins club

Merry Christmas 2012!

Post by Zweq »

Maybe slightly early, but Merry Christmas!
Igge
38mins club

Re: Merry Christmas 2012!

Post by Igge »

happy 2013 easter in advance
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

why is this topic? end will come then, no xmas to care about. 12.12.2012 :) haha
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

21.12.2011 hahaah
Kortsu
Kuski

Post by Kortsu »

I'd call dibs on 2013, but impsy to know if I'm alive then. Starter must be alive.
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

You're not THAT old... or are you?

then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Kortsu
Kuski

Post by Kortsu »

Same age as Kopaka, but like I said: "impsy to know". Unlikely to die by then but possible. Definitely need to step up my exercise plan next year, too much skinka as always.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

skinka? lol i do so MUCH exercise that i fear ill get killed by it.. :D
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

Don't die, Kortsu, don't die.
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

merry christmas zweq :*
Tigro wrote:why is this topic? end will come then, no xmas to care about. 12.12.2012 :) haha
aaaaaaaaand now that is getting old
Lee
37mins club

Post by Lee »

Merry Christmas, ya bastards! :)
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

happy fucking holidays! May the elma force be with you all through the next year. Image
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

was wondering who will be the first :D

Merry Christmas y'all! :mrhat:
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

merry Christmas all my fellow world end survivors!
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

48 minutes until Christmas here. Not waiting until midnight.
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
Kortsu
Kuski

Post by Kortsu »

"Starter must be alive." Oh dog, what done.

But hey, I did step it up so that's probably why I'm still alive.

Merry Christmas everyone! Waiting for px on the official news...
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

happy holidays everyone! don't forget to hug the ones you love, if possible. that applies to every other day, too!
39:37,91
Pingywings
Kuski
Team: singy

Post by Pingywings »

marry chrostmas
snajdig
Kuski

Post by snajdig »

Merry Christmas for all, for Lousku :)
Lousku: Snajdig, forgive all my subtle and not so subtle hostility towards you in the past. I can't go on harassing anyone who produces sach sweet wisdom.
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

Hi very christmas
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
Uncle Milty
39mins club

Post by Uncle Milty »

May the christ be with you :*
---
Team EA
pawq
38mins club

Re: Happy New Year 2013!

Post by pawq »

happy bday, world!!!

cya in a year guys, happy elma in the new year!!!
oh, and productive lives etc ;)
Hosp
38mins club

Post by Hosp »

Unhappy new year shitfags, nothing to celebrate here, please.
Another excuse for all the alcoholic antinarcotic white people to take another sip of their vodka.
ToMaT
Kortsu
Kuski

Post by Kortsu »

Maybe slightly late, but Hosp ebin huehuehuehuehuehuheuheuheuheuhuehuehuehuehuehue also good vodka!
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Thorze, why do you bash on people for drinking alcohol when you yourself use other drugs to stimulate you? You're just as much of a hypocrite as the people you look down on.

Also, Pawq, why would today be the world's birthday?
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

Happy New Year, Thorze! :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Igge wrote:Also, Pawq, why would today be the world's birthday?
The world started on January 1st, didn't it? ;)
jonsykkel
Kuski

Post by jonsykkel »

status:ONLINE - - -  drinking:GOFE - - - iq:85 - - - elasto mania ranking:#1
Hosp
38mins club

Post by Hosp »

Igge wrote:Thorze, why do you bash on people for drinking alcohol when you yourself use other drugs to stimulate you? You're just as much of a hypocrite as the people you look down on.

Also, Pawq, why would today be the world's birthday?
I don't mean to bash people for drinking alcohol I just mean that New Year's Eve is nothing else than a lame excuse for people to get mega drunk without feeling ashamed, since 'It's New Years Eve, I'm allowed to have a little fun and act like a complete retard!'

Edit: and I realize my post was kinda offensive but I had the worst day and was in bad mood but I mean that NYE is nothing to celebrate and it's still a sucky holiday or whatever it's called.
ToMaT
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

yeh, Hosp is right here. People like to find some reason to celebrate, so they just celebrate (and drink ofc). It can be Friday, holiday, NYE, Xmas, Graduation, anything. There are still some people who didn´t forget about meanings of those anniversaries though, or call it as you wish.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Drinking on whatever of those occasions may be deemed childish, but hell, drinking hard on NYE is a worldwide tradition!!! Now go get drunk cuz friday ;*

ps, jon good pic
Lee
37mins club

Post by Lee »

What do the other animals on this planet do on that day? They don't celebrate, 'cause it's just another day.
And so is every other day of the year just a day, including birthday's, but I'm not going to go on about that.
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

Comparing people with animals is always so compelling.
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

I really don't understand that kind of attitude. Sure, you don't have to celebrate anything if you don't want to, but blaming others for doing so? Animals don't celebrate because they didn't build this society nor did they come up with the definition of time. I don't need an excuse to drink, I drink whenever I feel like drinking. A normal Friday night is more obvious day to drink just for the sake of it, not a new year's eve. I think the reasoning behind celebrating (almost anything) is more psychological. It's there to remind you about things, maybe to show respect to someone/something. Tradition. You can drink without celebrating or you can celebrate without drinking. Or celebrate and drink. Or do none of those things. You shouldn't judge people if they celebrate new year's eve pls.
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
Pingywings
Kuski
Team: singy

Post by Pingywings »

this ville j man knows his shit, calm ur tits people
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

The reason most people choose to go out and celebrate and drink on big holidays etc is simply because so does everyone else. Almost everyone has a day off on new year's and the day after, so it's the perfect time to go celebrate because pretty much everyone you know will also be able to do so. The more the merrier, basically.
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

Indeed, what is wrong with drinking? :beer:
It's just another poison ;D I do it, and so does almost everyone else. Come on, there is plenty of cancer stuff and what not in basic food. Not to talk about all radiation/signals in the air that flows through you all day all nite.
I can use alcohol as a tool to get more self confidence cuz I don't really have much of that. Many things can get easier.
Of course it can back stab you and people in the surroundings but that is only for people who can't control their intake, or people who gets mad from drinking. People with less responsibility that is.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Bjenn wrote:Not to talk about all radiation/signals in the air that flows through you all day all nite.
lals, like it affected you :P but k post overall, i prettily agree
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Bjenn wrote:I can use alcohol as a tool to get more self confidence cuz I don't really have much of that.
So you are constantly drunk when on irc, eol and lauta?
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

Bjenn once confided to me that he underwent treatment for alcoholism, unsuccessfully.
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Bjenn wrote:Indeed, what is wrong with drinking? :beer:
It's just another poison ;D I do it, and so does almost everyone else. Come on, there is plenty of cancer stuff and what not in basic food. Not to talk about all radiation/signals in the air that flows through you all day all nite.
I can use alcohol as a tool to get more self confidence cuz I don't really have much of that. Many things can get easier.
Of course it can back stab you and people in the surroundings but that is only for people who can't control their intake, or people who gets mad from drinking. People with less responsibility that is.
Lets flex my medical knowledge muscles a bit here.

Drinking, Smoking, Taking drugs etc. They are bad for you. We are talking SERIOUSLY bad for you. We are talking FATAL for some. The chemicals in Ciggarette's/Tobacco aren't just addictive, there are commercial poisons and oxidants and various other terrible things within. The nicotine is just the most publicised one because it causes the addiction.

Alcohol damages the liver - everyone knows that. Does everyone know that everytime you drink too much alcohol for your liver, you are affecting all your other organs as well? You are also becoming closer to obesity but that's just an interesting fact.

Compare this to use of a mobile phone or a microwave (radiation) - You can be constantly using these devices for an entire year and only just reach the universal legal radiation limit for nuclear physicists. To explain - Anyone who works with Radiation MUST wear a device that tracks how much radiation you are receiving. If you breach a certain level, you must cease work with radiation immediately and aren't allowed back onsite for 6 months until your yearly dose has dwindled down. This is a precaution for those workers who are BEGINNING to MAYBE compromise their cells even a tiny little bit. A year of using a mobile or microwave will not quite make you reach this limit. They just aren't a problem.

As for carcinogens in food - yes they exist. Yes they can cause cancer. Everything can cause cancer. To put it into perspective, the (known and proven) most radioactive food that is commonly eaten and commercially available is the humble banana. You could spend a year eating banana's and doing nothing but eat them, and you will only just surpass the legal radioactivity limit.

--

What i'm trying to say is - sure normal everyday activities can cause health problems and Cancer and whatnot, but they just CANNOT be compared to the effects of Alcohol/Tobacco/Drugs. It's an entirely different playing field. Go ahead and drink and smoke etc, you all know how dangerous they are, but i'm just letting you know that the excuse that normal things are bad too - it just doesn't hold.

--

As for using Alcohol to boost confidence, it's an interesting tactic but i'd still vouch for a more head-on approach. Maybe try taking up drama or music and performing, it's a massive confidence booster when you realise you can captivate an audience with a single skill, and it doesn't overtly harm your body. It also enables you to have alcohol as merely a social thing. It's far more healthy to have 3 beers at a party than get drunk in order to ask a girl out.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

I completely agree with you, Haruhi. You just can't compare using a microwave or a mobile to cigarettes/alcohol/other drugs. I'm not sure if Bjenn mentioned the radiation things just to make a joke. But anyways, I'm just curious because of your post Haruhi, do you not use any alcohol/cigarettes at all?
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Haruhi wrote:What i'm trying to say is - sure normal everyday activities can cause health problems and Cancer and whatnot, but they just CANNOT be compared to the effects of Alcohol/Tobacco/Drugs.
I'm more interested in how bad certain drugs are rather than whether they are bad or not. Do you have any statistics for the most commonly available drugs (both legal and illegal)?
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Igge wrote:
Haruhi wrote:What i'm trying to say is - sure normal everyday activities can cause health problems and Cancer and whatnot, but they just CANNOT be compared to the effects of Alcohol/Tobacco/Drugs.
I'm more interested in how bad certain drugs are rather than whether they are bad or not. Do you have any statistics for the most commonly available drugs (both legal and illegal)?
Not how common but a few of the more common ones aren't too hard to make. As far as illegal drugs go the LEAST harmful is Marijuana but i must say this: Marijuana is EXTREMELY harmful to the human body. People cite it as the safest illicit drug - IT'S STILL FUCKING AWFUL.

It takes about 2 months of weekly marijuana smoking to do irreversible damage to your brain and lungs. The damage to the brain tends to consist of extreme loss of decision making skills, decrease in general retention and damage to coordination.

I'll write more later. I have to leave soon.

--

I drink alcohol occasionally - socially. I have never been paralytically drunk. I have never been drunk enough to vomit. I passed out on a table once.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

I'd like some source(s). What you're saying, and more importantly the way you say it, makes it sound very sensationalistic.
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

I haven't studied this stuff, but seems about right. It's not as simple as brain cells dying, though. I see it as perspective changing and old connections dying.
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

Good words haruhi. I will take this information and try to remember it.
I don't drink very often, maybe once a month or once per 2 months. I believe this is okay and not that unhealthy, but still only guessing. I don't like when people get max drunk and don't know what they are doing, it is a bit frightening sometimes.
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

Haruhi wrote:It takes about 2 months of weekly marijuana smoking to do irreversible damage to your brain and lungs.
only from smoking marijuana, not from marijuana itself. so this sentence was a bit misleading.
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

If my eyes read correctly, he indeed wrote marijuana smoking, so I don't find it that misleading, but your post a bit confusing :?
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

Haruhi wrote:I drink alcohol occasionally - socially.
I never quite understood what's that supposed to mean. Why is drinking for social reasons (sounds like peer pressure to me) better than drinking for being drunk, if the result is the same anyway?
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65