What are you doing with your life?

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

ArZeNiK
37mins club

Re: What are you doing with your life?

Post by ArZeNiK »

wtf mats sounds like story from psycho triller movie
hope all goes well
many famous people get "cancelled" over false rape accusations, its a horrible thing and can make you lose hope and trust in the preferred gender and any further one night adventures
hi im arzenik :>
elmzuke.lev is the greatest piece of art ever created
FinMan
36mins club
Team: dat

Post by FinMan »

That is fucked up. Reading this pushed me one step further from having faith in humanity. I hope justice is served.

As Orcc said, it's really scary what the situation with these accusations is, believe all women and so on. What happened to innocent until proven guilty? One unfortunate misunderstanding and anyone could fuck your life up, on purpose or by accident.
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

Fuck man, I don't even know what to say... Can only hope justice is served, but maybe getting a "better" lawyer could help? I'm sure we'd find a lot of people happy to chip in if you feel you might use the help, I certainly would. Just say the word buddy.

Keeping all fingers and toes crossed for you, that you manage to get through this mess and stay strong. Always here if you need to talk or vent or whatever else.
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

How can they convict you if there is zero evidence? Nothing on the phone etc. Finding nothing on the phone would contradict her story and cast doubt on the rest of her story as well. Here it's rare to get convicted if it's just word against word but the first stage of court is called "dice court" for a reason, your judgement can be anything and then you need to appeal and go to "real" court to get proper sentencing.

There was similar case in Finland not ago that made the news, guy got sentenced when the girl was obviously lying, she had even told friends that she was mad at the guy and might falsely accuse her and he STILL got convicted in dice court, luckily they overturned the verdict in higher court, good luck to you.
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Jesus, that's really crazy. I'm gonna second pawq here: perhaps it's time to be more proactive and look for a stronger defense elsewhere? Your area/country probably has some kind of support group or community of people who went through a similar process and can point you to a good lawyer or at least recommend some strategies. It's unfortunate that the world works this way, but I suspect that a lot of these cases are more about who has better representation rather than who's actually right...

In any case, I believe it's very important that you get in touch with someone who had an experience like this if you haven't done so already, because no matter how supportive your family, your friends, or we are, I think most of us can't even begin to imagine what it's like to be in your shoes so there's only so much we can say to console you. This might make you feel very lonely and hopeless sometimes, but it's important to realize that you're not alone, that these things happen to people and people do get through them.

I sincerely hope you can get the support you need and prove your innocence!
Mats
39mins club

Post by Mats »

Thank you for the support guys. The prosecutor managed to create a story where my apologies in text message got used against me. That got picked up as evidence.

I was very confused and nervous when talking in court so I didn't get to tell the full story the way I wanted to, and it was a little skippy just like a school presentation when you can't remember everything and try to save it by moving on in the timeline. However I got a better feeling next time knowing what Im going to. The counter evidence never got brought up and I didn't think much about it during the court. So got some more firepower next time and better judges. I already switched to a new lawyer which I feel was better for me.

I went in there clueless and tried to follow everything going on. It was kinda like a gameshow I felt like, and it all felt pretty stupid that just talking openly determines my future based on impressions made to the judge.

My lawyer was very surprised that nothing we did to defend even got mentioned in the verdict. Everything was like a copy paste from prosecutor it looks like. My lawyer is very positive going into next stage where they are more professional as I understood.

About Orcc's question, we actually didnt have sex, but some kissing and touching and sleeping together.

I forgot to mention that she got her friend in there as an ally to witness. She wasn't even present at that day and I hadn't seen her for years. She stood there saying I tried to rape her aswell. I almost laughed as that story was so exaggerated, however that was taken serious by the judge. Luckily I got witnesses and logs to defend against those claims. I never had anything intimite contact with her before and when I supposedly tried to jump her I was dating another girl at that time, very same day in fact so that's something to show I guess.

The minimum penalty according to the law here is 4y. So its either freedom or 4y which are the alternatives.
TT:39.59.86|| AvgTT:41.49.24 || Multi TT:27:43:82 || Team [TR]
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

All the best, Mats. I'm sorry this has happened to you.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
Mats
39mins club

Post by Mats »

Thank you, however thru this I manage to keep my mood up in general. It's mainly a background stress factor and it makes sleeping harder for sure. I just felt like ventilating it would make it less stuck in my thoughts.

Ever since gf came back, things been good there and she been very supportive thru this process. I mostly feel bad about having her move here and then maybe end up in prison. Personally I just wanna get done with the whole thing, but I'm definitely not giving up. Its soon 2 years ago, so a few more months and hopefully I'm a free man again.

Something thats really messed up about this. She gets compensated either way. If I'm found guilty I have to pay her, but if I'm not guilty she gets paid by government, unless I can prove shes lying which is very hard to do. So win win for her. Lose or lose badly for me.
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

That goes way beyond my comprehension. How could you be found not guilty while her story would still be deemed true?
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

This f*ckin sucks, man. I am very sorry to read that story Mats :cry: Ofc not going to give any legal advice, but damn, that shit is scary AF. Wishing you all the best in the upcoming weeks.
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

Getting paid either way seems like it would give people big incentive to lie? I can't really believe it would work like that.
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

That is one of the most awful things I've read on this forum. Holy shit Mats, hope you are able to sort it all out man.
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
Mats
39mins club

Post by Mats »

Orcc wrote: 21 Dec 2020, 22:47 That goes way beyond my comprehension. How could you be found not guilty while her story would still be deemed true?
Im not sure how it works, but if it can be true, they give some support just in case either way. I also heard from my lawyer that the money claim and prsion sentence works differently. So if I go free from prison, I could lose the claim and still have to pay. It's such a strange system I can't even comprehend how it works.

However the dice court was like, poor victim and bad guy. Strictly siding with natural emotions as I guess most would have like when you read about this stuff in the news. My lawyer was shocked reading the verdict and how our defensive points wasn't even mentioned.

Arguements like: she told her friend about it was listed as proof. Also a lot of empty words with nothing to back it up is apparently evidence. You won't even believe some of them, like picking out my adjectives from my text messages which was unrelated to this and put it into their narrative.

I got a whole list of weak arguements to work on now atleast so that's helpful.

Thank you all for kind words, really means a lot.
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

well, another great day for feminism
[carebox]
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

WTF Mats, that's some crazy shit! I remember you wrote some time ago you were going to prison for a few weeks for trying to move your car after drinking earlier, hope this doesn't make your case any worse.
Next day she contacted me on text message and started accusing me of filming her while she slept.
It turned out she told the police I had raped her and filmed it.
Isn't this evidence enough that she made it up? If you'd raped her and filmed it, then she wouldn't have been sending you a message next day accusing you of filming her while she slept (with no mention about rape)?

Either way, as Sunshine said, you need to appeal to the higher courts. They won't take this nonsense and send you to prison with no evidence. Then after her made-up story falls apart, sue her for false accusation.

Wish you all Happy Christmas!
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

Madness wrote: 25 Dec 2020, 23:28They won't take this nonsense and send you to prison with no evidence.
i wouldn't be that sure
anyway, good luck, mats
[carebox]
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

milagros wrote: 25 Dec 2020, 20:29 well, another great day for feminism
This is exactly the biggest problem we have with making feminism a force for good in the world. People abuse it to suit themselves, make false accusations which get supported because "poor girl" and then everyone involved becomes bitter not at the perpetrator, but at how gender inequality impacts society, which damages a good cause as well.

This situation is disgusting in so many ways, as with so many other similar situations.

All the best with the situation in the long-term. I don't feel that any higher court could sustain an accusation like this without strong evidence. The police took your phone as evidence so surely they can either produce the video, or analysis can be performed to identify if a video was taken if they deem that you had deleted it.

There's a few claims here:
- She claims that you raped her
- She claims that you filmed it
- Her friend claims that you attempted to rape her.

This is an awful lot of wrongdoing to claim, and evidence is required to prove each claim individually.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Post by Bismuth »

Hi, as some of you know I'm kinda back. So, since 2012-13 a lot of stuff happened.

I was in uni in math and didn't finish my degree, dropped out in 2014. Meanwhile, I got more and more involved with speedrunning, doing Minecraft, Turok 2, Super Mario 64, Donkey Kong 64. I got Minecraft any% WR at AGDQ 2014, the first GDQ I attended.

I worked for a shit webhosting thing for a year, it was work from home but billing support tickets made me hate my job and become increasingly depressed, got fired after AGDQ 2016 because I simply couldn't work anymore. I started working at a recycling center called Ecocentre a few months later, it was a lot more fun, worked with my brother who was supervisor, worked outdoors, people were nice, the job was fulfilling, physically tiring but overall relaxed, and I was good at it. Eventually, the other supervisor left for Peru so I took his spot (2017)

February 2018 while I was working part time (winter hours), I made a YouTube video about the SMB1 WR in two weeks and it took off.

May 2018, they were hiring people for the summer, and they hired this cute girl. :oops: Over the months, we got really close but I was kinda friendzoned for a while, then when uni started again for her she got busier and worked much less + couldn't see me as much, but I had a plan: on her birthday (mid-september), I gave her a collection of some of her favourite songs, that I learned and recorded on the piano for her. Fast forward to november and she tells me she's been listening to it non-stop everyday for two months, at this point we don't work together anymore because too few hours in the winter + she's busy with school. Friendzone line gets grayer by the day, and on New Year's 2019, we started dating

Meanwhile, I made a second video on SMB1 4:55 and that one also took off, I started seriously considering making a lot more of these.

2019, girlfriend was leaving for 6 months for a student exchange in Korea, so we didn't get to work together. Brother took another job elsewhere in the company that manages the ecocentres, so his spot was open. I was left with the choice to 1. take his spot, for a very small pay increase and a very large responsibility increase, or 2. leave it to a less competent coworker and have to work with/for an incompetent person. I disliked both choices, and even though the job was not bad, it had been slowly getting worse over the years, and I didn't see any interesting paths for me to take in the future with it, so I took a wild bet and quit my job to go full time making YouTube videos, all while having made only two videos thus far.

I made a few more videos since, a lot of them have done really well, and my YouTube channel is growing steadily. I reached 100k subscribers at the end of 2020. I also moved in with my girlfriend, and we are extremely happy together. We almost never fight, we understand each other, we complete each other. Everyday I'm thankful for her being in my life. The last 3 years have just been really great for me.

Here's to more great years ahead :beer:
:mrhat:
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Really great to hear that things have been going well for you! :heart:
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

I was looking at your channel Bismuth and then recent speedruns. What does the any% mean?
God Bless America
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Any% means that you don't have to complete every mission/level/challenge/etc, you just need to beat the game (so for example in mario you can use warps that skip levels and even whole worlds).
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

Does that also mean glitches are allowed? What about tools?
God Bless America
FinMan
36mins club
Team: dat

Post by FinMan »

Glitches allowed of course, because impsy to draw a line. There are other categories in most games, like 100% (complete everything or get in-game %-meter to say 100), glitchless (defined by the community), no certain glitches, etc. you name it.

Tools (any scripts etc) not allowed, except for the timer which gives pseudo-advantage only. (knowledge of run fastness -> more efficient when know if need reset or non)
Kiiwi
37mins club

Post by Kiiwi »

Been very active in irl for many years now and consequently been way more inactive in elmaverse than I'd like. Especially I regret missing out on the FEMs these past few years.

On the other hand all the toiling has paid off and the fruits are sweet. Substance abuse has taken a backseat, I have a steady dayjob despite the covid situation (turns out it was useful after all to study healthcare and social work as there's a shortage of nurses etc. In Finland), steady relationship with a woman I can honestly describe as my best friend as well as my partner. Both of us have worked to get ourselves free of financial troubles and soon I'm credible credit-wise. Drivers license done after final exam (although I dislike driving and the concept of having another rent-like regular hole into which to throw my minimal salary into xD). All in all life seems suspiciously good and ordered but I'll try and stay content instead of paranoid :D

Not too shabby. Strength and love those of you have it rough atm. Hang in there, situations change eventually :)
Image "It's good to be having fun, but it'd be funnier to be good"
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

Kiiwi its funny how you say life is "suspiciously good". i feel the same way, lets not get in our heads and find something wrong that isnt there.
God Bless America
zebra
Kuski
Team: TAP

Post by zebra »

Bismuth wrote: 7 Feb 2021, 10:12 Hi, as some of you know I'm kinda back. So, since 2012-13 a lot of stuff happened.

I was in uni in math and didn't finish my degree, dropped out in 2014. Meanwhile, I got more and more involved with speedrunning, doing Minecraft, Turok 2, Super Mario 64, Donkey Kong 64. I got Minecraft any% WR at AGDQ 2014, the first GDQ I attended.
Orcc wrote: 8 Feb 2021, 10:31 Liked and subbed! https://www.youtube.com/user/BismuthWasTaken
Very great, Bismuth! I watched some of your explained speedruns and they are amazing! I enjoyed seeing the old games like The Legend of Zelda and Super Mario Bros, which I have been playing like crazy in the early years. It's nice to see their secrets and that they are still begin played and "höyled".

Looking forward to seeing "Elasto Mania Speedrun Explained" :)
A winner of 4 GAA's (mc2 included), winner of mkup206, and a proud member of team TAP.
Play uni levels: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/uni.html
Homepage: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/elma.html
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Bismuth wrote: 7 Feb 2021, 10:12I got Minecraft any% WR at AGDQ 2014, the first GDQ I attended.
Even though a wr during AGDQ is sick in and of itself, this run in particular had a spectacular finish that's rarely seen in a one-time live run https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRX_ZVKIHN0

I don't even play Minecraft, but I saw the run live and I remember those final seconds word for word to this day. 8)

Very cool channel! Takes a while to watch the videos but it's really worth it.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

i have one stupid question: why do you suck at elma so much, while being good at other games?
[carebox]
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

and why do you feel compelled to be mean, while being so good at elma?
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

milagros wrote: 1 Mar 2021, 22:22 i have one stupid question: why do you suck at elma so much, while being good at other games?
he really does not suck compared to the thousands that have ever played this game
hi im arzenik :>
elmzuke.lev is the greatest piece of art ever created
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

You're a real meanie Mila!
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

gaming skills do transfer between games (to some extent)
with a little bit of effort and common knowledge about possible styles, anyone should be able to get <40tt within a year
especially someone with wrs in other games
[carebox]
Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace »

He sucks significantly less than you think Mila.
Image Cyberscore! Image
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

milagros wrote: 3 Mar 2021, 02:49 gaming skills do transfer between games (to some extent)
I feel like Elma is a bit of a special case when it comes to this. The mechanics are super different compared to just about anything I've ever played, including stuff like X-Moto and other bike simulators. If you master the movement in one Quake/Source engine game you can apply it to many others. Similarly, you can learn about micromanagement in Warcraft and that will surely help you in most RTS games. But I'm not sure what can transfer to Elma aside from common speedrunning wisdom like analysing your replays, practicing the trickiest parts, finding setups for tricks, etc. It's really a one of a kind game. :)
Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Post by Bismuth »

milagros wrote: 1 Mar 2021, 22:22 i have one stupid question: why do you suck at elma so much, while being good at other games?
It's not a stupid question. I think it's a combination of a few things. Even though it's a pretty terrible strategy, I generally try and come up with my own styles for the internals. One issue I have is I almost always just look at the WR and get discouraged when I get nowhere near replicating any of it, but I really should be looking at mid-level recs to study styles that I could easily grasp within a couple of hours instead. This is what I plan on doing next to get my tt down to <45.

Another thing is, I've never had a very good keyboard for elma. Actually, the main reason I quit the game was because I couldn't press very simple key combinations like throttle + right + turn. I just decided to switch to numpad 1235 instead of the arrow keys, and even now, I can't do brake + right + turn, and it's a disadvantage in a few spots.

Honestly, I think elma is just not a game I'm very talented at. I enjoy playing it nonetheless, but I don't wish to compete at the highest level. <40 TT might be an attainable goal someday, but I'm not sure if I will ever put the time and energy required to get my nab ass to that level.

In fact, I've often found myself to always be good at games, but never really great. I'm really good at platformers in general, but nowhere near top level in any. I got to Diamond in League of Legends, but I was still far from the top level. I can do 40 lines in sub-50 in Tetris, but top level is in the 20s, even sub-20. I'm one of the best DK64 speedrunners but only because the community only has a few dozen players. The best players still outshine me at some, or even all aspects of the game. I've come to accept that I'm very good at a large number of video games, but great at none of them.
:mrhat:
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

It's a quite interesting subject. I have been playing celeste lately and it's just impossible game to speedrun for my brian because it's so fastpaced 20 inputs / second. Elma is more about understanding the physics and maintaining momentum (think uphill battle for example), much less input required.
infected
Kuski
Team: LOS

Post by infected »

last time i was here i was a kid, now iam a grown man with 2 kids and a house.
time fly!
geomatric hallucinations
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

Got engaged!

Own a small 1 bedroom house, no kids yet :)
God Bless America
Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

Post by Hosp »

very nice inf))
ToMaT
Mats
39mins club

Post by Mats »

Sunshine wrote: 20 Dec 2020, 14:16 How can they convict you if there is zero evidence? Nothing on the phone etc. Finding nothing on the phone would contradict her story and cast doubt on the rest of her story as well. Here it's rare to get convicted if it's just word against word but the first stage of court is called "dice court" for a reason, your judgement can be anything and then you need to appeal and go to "real" court to get proper sentencing.

There was similar case in Finland not ago that made the news, guy got sentenced when the girl was obviously lying, she had even told friends that she was mad at the guy and might falsely accuse her and he STILL got convicted in dice court, luckily they overturned the verdict in higher court, good luck to you.
You were absolutely right, appeal court freed me on both charges. Which means freed from both prison or any compensation to her. They looked at the case way more neutral, and both jury and judges asked the important questions that made her story fall apart and mine make sense.

Thanks for your support and I hope none of you ever experience anything similar. The whole process was very draining, sometimes I felt like I just wanted to go to prison to get it outta my mind. 2 years to get in first court and then 6 months to second court and then wait for a possible third. Wait wait wait, but definitely worth it :D

Appeal time has run out and verdict is written in stone now, so cheers to that, I'm finally a free man again! :beer:
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Hey Mats,
That's such great news! I am so happy to hear (read) that. Great for you to not give up hope and fight until the very end. I really hoped that at least someone in the courts had to have some common sense and see through the shit you had to go through.

Go get a good cold beer and enjoy your time. I am really relieved and happy for you.
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

bestest news! Rly happy for ya, Mats!
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels
Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace »

Congratulations, that's some great news and I'm really pleased to hear it. You've made my day.

I hope that weight off your shoulders helps you moving forward. Bearing a burden and having it lifted makes you very strong afterwards.

:beer:
Image Cyberscore! Image
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Super happy to hear that!!! Now onwards and upwards :beer:
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

Great news mats! It must have been awful stress these few years to have those accusations hanging over you and waiting for verdict
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

Also am happy for you Mats :beer:
God Bless America
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

grats Mats!
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

That must have been such an awful experience! I'm so glad to hear the good news! :beer:
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

now it's time to sue her
[carebox]