What are you doing with your life?

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

kuchitsu
Kuski

Re: What are you doing with your life?

Post by kuchitsu »

Congratulations mate! This is great, great news! :beer:
Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

Post by Hosp »

Gz Mats!
ToMaT
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

kuchitsu wrote: 26 Jul 2021, 16:01Congratulations mate!
It's mats ;o
Mats
39mins club

Post by Mats »

Thanks everyone :beer:
TT:39.59.86|| AvgTT:41.49.24 || Multi TT:27:43:82 || Team [TR]
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I keep coming back to this topic. Amazing stories by some of you. And so many kids already, congratulations!

I just fed my own baby girl of 6 weeks old. She will never play elma I guess, but I will have her play guitar dammit.

And I changed jobs again, this time as a bookkeeper/full ledger accountant. I have announced my leave by March next year to go on a sabbatical and start working on my own as a tax consultant and financial adviser. It seems like a risky enterprise, but one with a potential upside of less working for the same money and more freedom and challenges.

I also want to dedicate some time to learn some programming skills. I never went beyond basic HTML and Excel noodling, but I feel I should do this anyway. Never too late to learn.

I read many books these past years. I watched The Big Short four times only to find the book even better and proceeding to read all 15 books by Michael Lewis this summer. I am now delving into the books of Nassim Taleb. Money and risk intrigues me a lot. Especially how other people handle it.

That double Iron Man nearly succeeded in 2019. I made it through the 8 km swim, 360 km cycling and 54 out of 84 km run, then I broke down. I did another single one this summer within 21 hours and still not on a proper bicycle. Hopefully I can take my revenge on the double next summer. My exercise nowadays is limited to walking with the baby between the feeding and some jogging every few days. Oh the joy of children... ;-)

On a final note, I practically stopped drinking alcohol due to my own rule of only drinking on a day with two hours of exercise (including walking) behind me AND a cumulative daily average of two hours for the current year. Works wonders, both ways! I somehow keep lagging behind but still manage to exercise more than without this silly rule.
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

Got f00kin engaged to the girl you could remember from "How many countries have YOU been in?" topic (sry, pics are gone now).

Asking her father beforehand was max stressful, but I managed.

I bought a diamond ring, she and I went to Naples (Italy) for a week and I asked her there. Life's good. :gaa: :gaa: :gaa: :gaa: :gaa:
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I did the double Ironman last summer. It took me four days and I if it weren't for antibiotics I could've died due to an infection on a toe afterwards, but I did it. :D

Other highlights are not so interesting for you, bye.
umiz
Kuski

Post by umiz »

Good to hear justice have won Mats!

Gz bludek on engagement! :apple: <3
teajay wrote: 3 Oct 2022, 17:13 I did the double Ironman last summer. It took me four days and I if it weren't for antibiotics I could've died due to an infection on a toe afterwards, but I did it. :D

Other highlights are not so interesting for you, bye.
Wow, thats amazing! I ran some 28km in hilly terrain last year and thought that was much :D

Latest for me is that I nowadays have four kids (6, 4, 2, 0 years old (2 boys and 2 girls)). I really like to create stuff like levels or kids. Otherwise I keep on working in the forest as a ranger and paint (and drink beer) on my free time.
[i cruise, i lev, i live]