Path of Exile :)

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

Zweq
34mins club

Re: Path of Exile :)

Post by Zweq »

has to be wort something because highest defense (armor/ev) i ever saw was 1.3k and i have picked many chests in my playtime. + teh fact that in anarchy you dont need megalife everywhere unless you go for lev 95+ where death exp penalty starts to nom bigger chunk of playtime
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

sweq still playing, is cool to read you progress in this thread
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

sewk not progres for 6 months at least
ElrondMcBong
Kuski

Post by ElrondMcBong »

seems like, that u have to pray to rngsus for endless ledge, impsy groups with bad luck^^
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

Haruhi wrote:sweq still playing, is cool to read you progress in this thread
nice to hear.
anpdad wrote:sewk not progres for 6 months at least
nicely

I could consider buying 100 regrets and respec char to something map viable, but bandit rewards are the problem. Also i need at least 50iiq 200iir or i will simply get bored with maps in 5 mins. What is the build that can handle this amount of iir/iiq and maps solo? for low life spork(S H A V R O N N E S ) i dont have enough currency
anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

Dont need to be low life to get pretty high iir imo. I'd go for a hp based character myself that uses blood magic to spam main skill; get anpdadius and aurseizure, and stack up iiq+more iir using rare helm+boots+jewelry with tons of hp on them. Counteracting resists should be ez with purity and some skillpoints. I used to swap out life leech gem to item quantity on my roa char in most ez maps.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

thats not how it looked when i played it. i want my money back(
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

i found an onyx with 29% WED, augmented 50% mana regen and then did what ppl should never do and regaled (for lolz) and got 16% all res o.O!

prolly exalt would give 20% ES and next one 5-70 lightning dmg and last one 65% crit multi, but i aint got no baaalz

anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

100% chanc to fail exalt, but i'd do it for fun. Imo sometimes fun more worth than curency. But is very potent ammy.

Im have a story to tell. Sporker frend yesterday got koams drop while playing with randoms in pubic party even without any mfer. Sudenly rich. Then we started palying maps in our party with norm mfer, roled a 100%+ mazed waste pool with eleweakness, noregen, 90%+ light damag full of chargers, rhoas, titty bitches, alchemists, burning ground golems. Was fun. Then he ran into room with 3 rhoas. Sudenly dead. And this is how, my lovelies, you do interleague trades HC koams -> SC hsavs. Not sure if worth it but thought i share.
Goted 6 71+ maps from it, and i goted half invenotry of good ilvl jewlry so we were all hapy.
epp
Kuski

Post by epp »

is good
Image ^_^
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

bought 3 archons ilvl78 from anp and wasted like 80 chaos and got nothing good, today tried again with 20 chaos and improved all of them :beer: that life one norm good for my mfer and can sell those high ES ones or use on oter chars

it was quite weird i even tried alting before chaosing and got +140, and many other chaoses were +140 too, like got that highest ES fak really many times with very few currency, realy weird

the danger is to get addicted to chaos spam
anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

show after exalt today
anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

i hav 2 tldr stories to share today, wil try not to obfuscate them so that mans understand everythink.

1st story, entitled "The Godliest RNG Day". It happened few days ago. The day started out pretty normally, one random dude contacted me in hopes of buying some gg jewelry and belts. I linked him my best belt, with the only downside of small fire res. It would've been perfect for him if it had more fire res since he lacked some on his gear. I suggested him to exalt his amazing gloves for fun, cuz "maybe you'll get lucky ;)". He disappeared after that.
Later we'd been playing with my mfing friend, and decided to do a unique Ledge map in hope for some good uniques. Gathered a public party, ran the map through and it dropped 14 uniques or so. I've got 5 of them, and one dude got a lottery win - Rainbowstrides. MFer got 0 uniques. Ran through another unique ledge with about the same result, and the MFer got 0 uniques again! We bust out our last ledge, kill the first pack and Kaom's Heart drops for the mfer. No more uniques drop from the map. Everyone is full of envy, some dude starts a blue crappy Ghetto map after that, we kill the boss and Soul Taker drops for the mapstarter. Right after that the fireres guy suddenly contacts and thanks me for my tip. Links his gloves - it appeares he had exalted a 37% fire res roll on them. He proceeds to buy a belt from me for 3ex and says something about running a lvl20 arctic armor and needing +mana on his gear now. I notice he still has 1 prefix left on his gloves, and troll him about exalting them more. He does that. Gets mana. GG RNG.

2nd story, entitled "weird RNG morning". So, i'm doing my typical Solaris mf runs, getting alterations and trying to get some chaos recipes going. 3 hours worth of running and i still can't get any chaos recipe because in that time 0 gloves dropped (wtyf??). And 0 uniques. I keep running, getting more and more frustrated, and after a while the first unique drops - al dhih claw, oh yeah. At that moment i get interrupted by a customer, i tp into town, sell him stuff for ~20chaos, then create a new instance in solaris, when i suddenly realize i havent finished one run because i had got interrupted. Soooo, i go back to town, use my old tp, start running and 2nd unique drops instantly - saffel's frame this time. Then i get to the solaris boss curtains. Kill them, get a double unique drop. Crypt map + Soul taker. Wooooooooooooooooooooo.

First good unikve drop since june or so. Feels good man.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

faaaak soul taker? gz 100 dolar
5tr1k3r
Kuski

Post by 5tr1k3r »

moar like 1000
anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

Zweq wrote:i found an onyx with 29% WED, augmented 50% mana regen and then did what ppl should never do and regaled (for lolz) and got 16% all res o.O!

prolly exalt would give 20% ES and next one 5-70 lightning dmg and last one 65% crit multi, but i aint got no baaalz

neck story continued a little bit with exalt. still looking fantastic. it is bending towards CI wander now , which are very common

anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

Since the release is approaching and the skilltree is being reworked, i decided to post some summary of my build, which might get destroyed in 5 days. I really love my character and how it plays in a group, and how all the skills synergize with each other. And it's the first hc char that i could get into 90s :p. If the idea of using bows appeals to you and you want something fresh, i'd recommend to try this thing out.

So, i've been playing a CI crit phys split arrow for about 2 months now, and the initial idea was borrowed from Kripp and Akira. I modified the skilltree a little and tried to make it work, and eventually improved it for my tastes. The build uses grace, hatred, wrath and discipline as main auras. Anger and purity are situational. Curses are critweakness and enfeeble.
My current skilltree and gear is revolving around the following ideas:
-Use CI + Vaal pact + Ghost Reaver;
-Use 5 frenzy charges + 6 power charges + 3 end charges + Conduit;
-Use blood rage all the time for a huge life leech boost and easier access to frenzy charges.
-Stack int, mana, manaregen and leech to combat a huge mana cost of the main skill without having to resort to mana leech gem. I have 1230-1400 mana depending on what jewelry i decide to use, and can easily do noregen maps.
-Use physical bow and phys passives to be able to leech lots of mana through a mind drinker passive and some physleech on gear.
-Use Grace and eva&es nodes + Ondar's guile to evade attacks effectively and, most importantly, evade your own reflect. This is also the reason why the build doesn't use Lioneye's Glare bow and can survive double phys reflect under vulnerability and double ele reflect with -res while being able to stack a 650%+ crit multiplier.
-Stack weapon elemental damage on gear, flat lightning damage, crit dmg (duh) and thunderfist + Wrath aura to be able to shock mobs, and also freeze them with Hatred.

Main 6L: split arrow - chain - life leech or wed - power charge on crit - crit dmg - elemental proliferation.
Eleprolif was a weird idea i got only a few weeks ago and it worked wonders. I have about 3.7k dps with chain with this leech and closer to 6k with wed (which i almost never use despite having like 15% lifeleech without a leech gem). I'm able to freeze and shock almost everything in 75- maps. Maze vaal often gets frozen through proliferation when he spawns adds, and when the adds are killed, he tries to spawn more, and you know what happens next. Same with dry peninsula boss, - the poor thing is permafrozen and shocked.

Single target : elemental hit (20%q is a must) - crit dmg - wed - faster attacks - mana leech - life leech. I'm using a 5L and stick a frenzy gem in the last socket, since we have a 120/505 mfer in our group and i let him cull most mobs, thus losing the ability to get frenzy charges from blood rage.

So the playstyle is as follows: be close to the first row (tanks in front. I usually run in front as well though due to being a dumbass), spread all charges to your group with power charge on crit + bloodrage/frenzy+endcry, proliferate status ailments on the mobs with split arrow. Avoid getting focused by ranged mobs by dodging when necessary. Curse dangerous mobs with enfeeble, the rest with critweakness. Use frenzy skill to quickly regain frenzy charges if you ran out of them or if you're about to run out of them, and use to elemental hit to snipe mobs. This involves using all 7 (+left click for movement) hotkeys often, while trying to be dynamic, so it requires little practice.

Here's my gear and some swaps that i tend use for diff map mods: ugly_pic.jpg.
Fun fact: chest took 11 eternals and ~16 exalts to roll a hybrid es% prefix, and it's one of the lowest ones. I'll reroll it eventually, but not now. The gear is weird in places, but finding good jewelry with all the necessary mods (see above) is extremely difficult. Not that my jewelry can be called bad xD
Here's a short _vid_ of me doing a Plateau (lvl75 map) with DANCINGKNIVES in duo. Map mods are -23%max res, vulnerability, elemental equilibrium (bad for me), faster mobs, increased monster life. I forget to turn blood rage in the beginning on ;D I had lower es back then due to not eternal-exalting the chest yet and using my dps ring. Skip to 1min mark for the map. You can see that i need a bit higher crit chance at few points (i deal 0dmg without crit), but a good phys bow with high crit is incredibly difficult to find. Surprisingly, even harder than a similar wand.

Flood is over! No one will read anyway, but i wrote it mostly for myself. When Nemesis comes, if this build is still working, i'll probably make something similar for the league. At least that's what my mind revolves around at this moment, since i fucking love this char:p Anyone else going to get back into the game in 5 days?
ElrondMcBong
Kuski

Post by ElrondMcBong »

I read it all, and very nice gear^^

A few weeks ago I finally got my first 6L , after using nearly all my currency. Next day I found 3 Exalted and 1 Eternal (never had them before), so I got hooked and tried to find some nice builds for next week to start over in nemisis.
But the only 2 builds I could get to work were a summoner and dual totem shit, all other builds got me on reflect dmg^^

Maybe I'll try some S&B in nemisis, but first need to check new skilltree. :)
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

anpdad: I never managed to make my own build that actually works even in merciless so if you did that (I dont read long texts ever), good brain. I only can move my mouse and press buttons in keyboard efficiently, but someone else has to tell me what skills to use and what skill nodes to pick, or at least the general idea which keynodes to pick, at least some improvisation is always required unless have 500 exalts in backpocket. What comms to the nemesis league, I don't understand why you would want to make similar char again? in new league im gonna only multibox MF(something i havent tried yet, perhaps my pc can handle 4 clients) and attempt to cross trade currency to hardcore eventhough it's not allowed anymore. In hardcore I want to make voltaxic man as good as possible and hopefully reach level 90 one day, maybe even higher level if there will be higher level maps in the release. I haven't really even tried maps with voltaxic man yet, just been doing as easy maps as possible and stashing as many 71+ maps as possibel. Atm my voltaxic man is standard-old-shit ranger build, go thorugh marauder and templar, pick life nodes, static blows and stuffs. Waitink for that free respec to go crit nodes.

ofc just quitting is also a possibility, it's funny i'm even playing the game because i haven't really liked it after the first few weeks. I just like it 'theoretically' if you know what I mean. I really like the systems in the game and how well they play together most of the time, but many other aspects were never appealing at all.

and lastly no post without a picture: trying to eternal exalt 70 + life on thsi impsy dps qiver
anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

Zweq going the bene way - getting impsy gear but never doing norm maps ;D

Also bad bad illegal interleague trading, shame on you -.- And yea, maybe i'll just make a boring EK mara in nemesis and quit after 2 weeks, who knows. But i got to enjoy CI for the first time on this char, and still far from being fed up with it, so choosing something similar for the new league seems like a way to go. And having some group utility is a must. Maybe should make a wander instead, never did that. They're very similar gearwise anyway, except for the weapon of course. We'll see when the tree comes.
Thundr-
37mins club

Post by Thundr- »

U guys back playin this game again? Coal
anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

RIP build. Fatality.

Don't like almost all of the changes at all. Not much to wait, so we'll see, but i'm already awating the release with a bit of a negative mindset.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

i didnt like the concept of blocked middle for old classes, because it reduces complexity. But the AURA change is just too much. Good thing is that maybe few gem slots get freed up if have to ditch a few auras, and saw pretty funny ideas in nugis stream, portal on crit and sach
anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

ElrondMcBong
Kuski

Post by ElrondMcBong »

One short dsync during endboss and i was down :S lvl 36
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

why the fuk evrybody dying and nobody playing
anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

Releveled again after stupit deth, feels pretty fun to be broke. Also couldnt resist checking out new areas, so did a run in normal on my main char -.-
Very nice atmosphere and an epic dominus fight, gj ggg.
ElrondMcBong
Kuski

Post by ElrondMcBong »

OMG thought i died again, was xp farming at docks when suddenly my hp run to nearly zero, Alt+F4 makro didn't work, so i klickt back to login screen, but couldnt log in again, some steam account shit problems. after 15 got new pw and the best thing is, i am still alive :D

getting ready for dominus on cruel, don't wanna go there before lvl 60, atm 53
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

I was helping frend with cruel dominus and we both client freeze simultaneously. We both restart pc and only I die (me extremely tanky and friend fragile like hell)
anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

ElrondMcBong wrote:OMG thought i died again, was xp farming at docks when suddenly my hp run to nearly zero
Far shot dogs = op. I'm super afraid of the docks now after the 1.0 patch. Even on an outleveled char with 75% fire res they still somehow hit hard as fak. Ruby flask or arctic armor is now almost a necessity there.
Zweq wrote:I was helping frend with cruel dominus and we both client freeze simultaneously. We both restart pc and only I die (me extremely tanky and friend fragile like hell)
noooooo :( another bulshit death, there've been so many of them in the last week. Hopefully they'll fix the problems soon instead of jerking off and introducing microtransactions, new uniques, and new nerfs :s It's actually sick that a cruel boss can kill a lvl80 tank char within 5 sec.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

is it 5 sec to disconnect? then I dont think it was even possible to die there, I wasn't even using pots, just life regen from endurance charges. Maybe life regen doesn't work when frozen or something. Well, my theory was that the server instance somehow made our party's clients go into infinite loop
anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

iirc u stay ingame for 6 seconds after getting dc'd, same for crushiks or anythink that makes you not send packetiks anymore.
5tr1k3r
Kuski

Post by 5tr1k3r »

I do think their current send-receive system is flawed in a big way, which causes desync and bullshit deaths as a result.
I guess they are trying too hard to believe that there's no other way and MOBA's way of dealing with it will ruin the pace and feeling of the game, doesn't seem to me like that.
They have their reasons of course, and I respect it, but did they really look into it that deep as they make it out to be?
Dota 2 is very fast-paced at moments, and I've yet to feel it being clunky and unresponsive.
You still need some time to get used to it with bad ping like mine (~150), but I have only about 70-80 ping in PoE and I imagine how great that would feel there.
Looks like at this point they can't really help it either, too much work to completely change the system.
Dunno. I'd prefer very slight-unnoticeable-after-some-time delay over bullshit-ruining-your-character desyncs any day.
Oh and by the way, Diablo 3 should have same problems being similar ARPG, but it doesn't, desync hardly ever occurs. Something to think about.
anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

I dont think their system is fundamentally flawed, it's just highly unoptimized. Alas, complex optimization of special cases (e.g.leap slamming) and general refinement of the code requires a lot of hard work, and they simply do not have enough people to handle it. I hope they get some postrelease moneys and use them to expand a little, that'd be awesome.

Also, Chris seems to be tired with all the dota/sc comments, hehe (few of his replies: "The games you mentioned are ones that use the wait-for-server approach. This doesn't work for Action RPGs (none of them use it). It feels a hundred times worse than the worst experience I've ever had out of PoE. I'm sorry for the hyperbole, but the solution doesn't lie in that direction, unfortunately." + "Wait-for-confirmation is the worst thing in the world for an Action RPG, seriously! It would also require rewriting a lot of stuff.") and i trust him in this, even though i can't imagine it being terrible if applied to poe. But it probably would sukc. Idc, desyncs seems ok and can be dealt with for now by using oos, shift, and more careful pathfinding. Lately people've been dying to non-instant logouts caused by servers being overloaded, and crashes at the dominus fight. This should be fixed asap.

Lately i've been making a EB trapper build with searing touch. The plan is to ditch searing touch in the end in favor of good +gems & spell dmg wand + hybrid shield. Shit's super fun! So far it's been very powerful, dynamic and fun to play, hope it stays that way in maps (i'm only lvl50 atm). I really love the new trap nodes on the skilltree, there's some crazy stuff there (penetration node, 2 additional traps, lots of damage and stuf!1).
5tr1k3r
Kuski

Post by 5tr1k3r »

Yeah, I may have confused desync issues with some other ongoing internal problems, I guess. Let's just hope it will get fixed soon.
ElrondMcBong
Kuski

Post by ElrondMcBong »

Its going so smooth this time :D
Lvl 65 now, found some good gear, could even 5L my chest armor, with like 6 or 7 fusis^^
But best thing is cast on dmg taken, have nearly permanent 7 endurance charges, molten shell up, and all mobs are cursed with warlords mark, for free :DDDD

ing: Backtonaziroots

Shop Elmanians get for free^^
ElrondMcBong
Kuski

Post by ElrondMcBong »

Double post, cause of 2 nab death in last 2 days

First was my 67 tank marauder, tried Dominus, but got scared in 2nd phase, cause of chaos dmg. Then i thought lets go try if u can face tank vaal^^ Stand there got my 7 endurance charge, 70+% armor, 3.6k hp and wited for the big hit --> oneshot death :DDD

So made new spectral throw duelist, reached merciles with lvl 50, hoyled ledge until 57, got nice dmg and finally all resists capped, just when i wanted to start to rush to act 3 my friends came over and i had to drink, a lot.
Later that night, when the party was over and i was a lil bit drunk, i thought even drunk i can rush through act 1 --> tidal island, first pack, corupted blood, didnt saw debuff (cause of drunkness) and kept throwing --> death :/

Seems like i am not made for HC :/
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

my first own bild that actualy works

in dreams using roa + life leech + wed+ conc+ increased aoe
empower + wrath + anger + reduced mana
empower + purity + haste + reduced mana
blood magic + reduced mana + clarity

using some cheap grove bow with 25% WED and attack speed gave me 30% more dps than some 150EDPS bow, so it funyik different in getting gear also
still problems to solve like squishiness (didnt figure out how to get IR and should i use determination etc), accuracy and single target dmg(which then again isnt that bad realy). Also there very good bow stuff right to the right of mana geysir but i didnt go there because % phys does nothing realy

feel free to chek it and bash

edit:
variation 1
variation 2

edit2:
understanding more about the build now at level 68. I get too much mana regeneration for rain of arrows(im at 150m/s already), and also one aura bunch isn't really that strong north east of scion start and isn't even required for running 5 auras if have alpha's howl. So if i want to keep on using rain of arrows this looks the best variation 3
Dreams are difrent too now, i think haste wrath grace in alpha's howl and purity + clarity in other places. at level 20 purity could put it in alpha's howl for more max res.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

lol died again this time not client freeze, but client crash. game over, bye
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

GRATS:)
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
ElrondMcBong
Kuski

Post by ElrondMcBong »

That was a nice rage quit :D

Edit: New char dsync --> death with 61 --> quit nemisis --> My shit for sale!
ElrondMcBong
Kuski

Post by ElrondMcBong »

Need some help. LINK -> ARMOR
Want to sell that armor, but i have no clue what it is worth^^^
Should i even put a buy out?
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

crash in docks, rib 2nd alfa hole
ElrondMcBong
Kuski

Post by ElrondMcBong »

Chaosed it a bit, should be better now
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

this droped yesterday, used 120 fuse already, but i think it's very 5linkabel because resistances are ez http://kopasite.net/up/9158up78289xagu/ ... _chest.png
ElrondMcBong
Kuski

Post by ElrondMcBong »

Nice zweq, mine can still roll high armor too^^

btw http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/594346 this is so damn nice :D
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/com ... sical_dps/

tldr guy spends over 1k exalts in standard to create 567 phys dps thicket and so far got 200 exalts back already from mirroring etc