Path of Exile :)

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

ofta
Kuski

Re: Path of Exile :)

Post by ofta »

i tried it but it felt like chinese copy of diablo 2
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Pretty much exactly how I found it.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

That's why you guys are still nabs :-))) Just like b0ne.

Ontopic: 5tr1k3r why havent posted your damn vids and skilltrees and stuff yet?
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

ofta wrote:i tried it but it felt like chinese copy of diablo 2
Tomorrow diablo 2 ladder reset. Anyone?
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

you planning to play sc? i might be interested in botting with sorc in sc for nostalgy's sake, hc i tried 3 monts ago but it was quite bore
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Zweq wrote:you planning to play sc? i might be interested in botting with sorc in sc for nostalgy's sake, hc i tried 3 monts ago but it was quite bore
botting works only with kolbot now, which is for 60 bucks. Blizzard released 1.14 and 1.14b to address some compatibility issues as well as hammering botters. Botting will get you banned pretty easily now.
I play SC of course.
ElrondMcBong
Kuski

Post by ElrondMcBong »

Had really fun this season, too. Didn't go full autismo, but got all the gear i wanted.
Only started when i saw that Varunastra was at 15c and in standard at ~2ex

Main char is now a low life self cast spark inquisitor. Chars

@anpdad in some of ur vids u had some nice resolution. Is it really an exploit or is it save to use and the real question is how??^^ google doesnt help much.
anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

Nice gear, that enchanted Vertex is so damn good! The shavs should have been divined though -___-

I don't use any exploits, poe simply gives you wider field of view if your width to height ratio is high. So i simply play in a windowed mode and stretch the window as much from left to right as possible, and as low from top to down as possible. Basically, poe takes up only the upper half of my screen. It has its drawbacks - for example, it gets harder to actually click on items, so you're forced to use larger font size in your loot filter settings. Also it's easier to accidentally click somewhere outside of poe window, but that hasn't happened to me yet. I got so used to this field of view, so i'm not willing to give it up yet, even though it makes my vids look retarded, with all the horrible black bars :D
ElrondMcBong
Kuski

Post by ElrondMcBong »

Thx, cant play like that, the view is nice, but i am already to lazy to click for stuff on the ground, now its impossible.

wrote my own filter, put nearly everything to fontzsize 60 until i realized 45 is max (which is already pretty tiny for me)

mask was only 6ex, hate that labyrinth shit, new league --> endgame lab -_- ascendency classes are already so op, and now we get 2 points more^^ gg ggg

GIMME PROPHECY NAU!!!11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbx-gasGS3o
ElrondMcBong
Kuski

Post by ElrondMcBong »

double post FTW

Crafted this ring today :beer: Ring was 60c and took only 4ex for max roll :D 8.2k es with shadows and dust. 9K es with voidbringers.
Also upgraded shield and boots. Got new belt and call of brother hood with better rolls. And switched to shadows and dusts for normal mapping. Also droped rumis and got a 2nd vinkars flask and a Sulphur flask.
Facetanking everything atm, only twinned core with ele weakness and vulnerability raped me :D
Ohh, and divined the shavs, still shit but not as bad as before. ;)

Played a little bit with Anpalcactus the last days, was really fun, cleared twinned courtyard today together. ez life

GEAR
analcactus
Kuski

Post by analcactus »

randomly spent currency for rolling low crab uniqs i got in stash
suddenly

Rarity: Unique
Quill Rain
Short Bow
--------
Bow
Physical Damage: 6-16
Critical Strike Chance: 5.00%
Attacks per Second: 3.00 (augmented)
--------
Requirements:
Level: 5
Dex: 26
--------
Sockets: G-R-G-G-G
--------
Item Level: 73
--------
Adds an additional Arrow
--------
+19 to Dexterity
100% increased Attack Speed
+37 to Accuracy Rating
85% increased Projectile Speed
50% less Weapon Damage
--------
Corrupted
--------
Image Image
anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

Chiming in again, a bit early this time! Got my 40/40 yesterday, so felt like it'd be a fitting time to post some feedback again. All in all, the Prophecy league is a bit disappointing, - as usual, the ideas behind it were nice, but the same cannot be said about implementation. Most of the time i felt like playing a regular permleague with no special modifiers. On top of that, they really dropped the ball with xp penalty this time, making red maps even less worth running than before. What a shame. And i still do run them just because i'm so sick of yellows :D However, uber lab is pretty awesome and is a nice place to run through every once in a while. Let's just hope they won't ruin it too.

My current char is a lvl93 CoC Trickster Discharger - decided to give this build a go while it's still strong. A pretty disappointing experience, to be honest. Even though it's a very powerful build which can do any content easily, it is soooo much slower than the pre-nerf VMS it's not even funny :D It feels like i'm a damn tortoise chasing mobs around, trying to kill them with an annoying-to-use melee skill. Still, it's mostly fun, but not really worth it, especially considering the price. At this moment, it costed about 40-45ex to get this build going. Now add on top of that all the map and challenge expenses and you're asking for problems.

Here's the gear: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view- ... #p13419483
Stats are something like this:
-350% crit multi on discharge with 7 power charges and 6 endurance charges.
-260% whirl speed (300% with vaal haste).
-125-145 movement speed because of infinite pots.
-88/75/88 resists. Will maybe go for 90/75/90 if i keep playing this char.
-11k es, 16k with vaal discipline.

Obligatory random enfeeble Abyss vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnBfCZo ... e=youtu.be
bene
Hot kuski
Team: dat

Post by bene »

CoC is cast on crit
Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

Time for some mid-league thoughts. So, Prophecy league has actually become relatively fun once i started buying huge bulks of coins (2-3k a day) and seal away the shitty prophecies instead of spending 5min searching for a 1 chaos item over and over again. It completely changed the way i was used to playing the game, which is a good thing. However, GGG has long since stopped introducing new prophecies, so now it became a repetitive chore once again. Well, at least it's quite profitable (it still is!), which kept me motivated me to continue playing more. I find it quite boring to play without any goal, though, so i decided to try farming this mechanic and uberlab in order to buy a Mirror. Bought it eventually (77ex), then decided to set an even harder goal - collecting an entire The Doctor set (~85ex) to get a Headhunter, which took only 4 days! This was a really cool and exhausting challenge. But now i'm left with no goal again, which completely ruins all motivation to play :D There's really not much left to do in this league for me except for maybe trying out Fortune Tellers in Springs/Shrines and farming Council for a little bit. Will do that and call it quits most likely.

Are any other elmans playing except for me, str and anpal? It's quite nice to have other mans playing, but the whole guild is completely dead except for 4 people, which is depressing to look at lel.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

lvl89 is not even considered as "playing"?

Time for some mid-league thoughts. So, I havent talked to purple bitch since normal
anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

Yeah, lvl89 in a month is definitely not considered as playing. But i included you in the 4 non-dead people in the guild :D
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

fuk al! pushing like crazy on verge of exhaustion!
analcactus
Kuski

Post by analcactus »

Time for some mid-league thoughts.
imo giv currency

UPD
>repetitive
>plays one character
>partying close to zero

>nn headhunter cuz have one on std; (when i told that save voidhearts for std) why care for std COLLAPSE

ultra good i improve english with russian guys

UPD UPD
Epp if you reading this pls make me officer!
Image Image
anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

Got 40/40 challenges again, even though didn't plan for it originally. Was easy and cheap (about 1500-1700 chaos, and actually even lower, cuz about 100-200 of it was shared with 5tr1k3r), total "/played" time is about 4 days.

Overall impressions on the current state of the game:
-Blade Vortex sucks ass for mapping, - it's extremely unsatisfactory, fiddly, unsmooth and slow. Usually the really strong meta builds are also fun to play and motivate you to push harder. Not this time, though. And it kinda worsened my overall impression on the whole expansion. Blabla CI is still op, blabla lifebased builds suck, melee still sucks blabla whatever.
-Build diversity aside, the Atlas is quite awesome. It's interesting to explore it map by map and move deeper to the center. Maps themselves have been significantly rehauled and re-themed, so the whole mapping process is less repetitive and dull right now. It feels like they added more new tilesets / lighting effects to maps than in all previous expansions combined. Too bad i have no one to play with :^)

Gear (it's crap): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view- ... #p13697895
anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

No one cares, but I'm happy right now and have to share lel. I did put some effort in trying to make a fun pic to celebrate the moment at least. ASLKJDAKlsjhdfhjklsah fuck forgot to use win fireworks :D

analcactus
Kuski

Post by analcactus »

grats, go jsp him!
Image Image
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Trying to play for the first time. I chose the ranger because I liked her introduction speech. So far I have to agree with "chinese copy of diablo 2". Everything feels a bit weak in comparison to D2: the fight sounds are less satisfying, the music lacks that magical feeling, the graphics don't seem particularly appealing... But I only spent like one hour in the game so far so I'll definitely give it a chance to grow on me. It does seem kinda unique with its overwhelming skill tree, attractive dark setting, surprising ideas like skill gems or not having money, etc. Maybe I can become a fan.
ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Post by ville_j »

i have no idea what this path of exile is but i am very annoyed by the topic having a smiley in it can someone please remove it
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

nice kuchi :) what initially got me into the game was the complex skill tree. :) What kept me in the game was huge skill tree revamp every expansion. :) That disappeared when jewels and level 28 pvp were implemented. :) Although I really like jewels they really made it impossible (economically unviable) to make huge revamps on the skill tree. :) Pvp is just super shit no other comment :) Since skill tree became stagnant i seem to have slowly but surely quitted the game :)

Of course there are other things too nowadays that I don't like... like the insane speed. :)

kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Wow, many smileys! Anyways, I got to the 2nd act in one day so I guess the game is fun enough hehe. The audio\visual style is definitely growing on me. It's not mind-blowing or anything but it does have a unique feel. So far I'm rather overwhelmed by all the different properties and such (for example, choosing between two similar items is incredibly difficult because I only have a very vague idea which bonuses are more important for me) but I guess it's natural, and it gives promise that the game might be really complex indeed. I have many questions, but for now it probably will be more fun if i try to figure stuff out by myself. Don't want to follow tutorials and such, at least in the near future. My biggest question is when will something finally kill me? So far everything seems almost too easy. I wonder if it's a ranger thing.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

so you're in act2? you're gonna start facing difficulties in act3 and definitely act4. After normal act4 it gets extremely easy again
anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

Give me your character name, i can help out ingame if you want. Also, if you got as far as act2, i'd recommend pushing to the end of the Normal difficulty. That'll require some googling, some farming, some minor effort in learning the skilltree and some mental effort.

Or just go full ham and play like this https://www.twitch.tv/videos/143475597 or this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcgZZHcJvjM :^)
analcactus
Kuski

Post by analcactus »

dafuq first vid
Image Image
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Also tried Diablo 3 a bit. What I don't understand is why do these games make you feel so powerful from the very start. You immediately get very flashy spells, attacks that allow you to slaughter hordes of enemies quickly, lifesteal so strong you don't even need to think about your safety most of the time and can just mindlessly click on monsters. Also BIG NUMBERS on parameters like health. I wanna be a wimp that often struggles and only slowly gets better! It's much harder to find satisfaction in a game like this when you're a demigod from the very start. It's like there is not much progression then, you're always good. Reminds me of Doom maps that give you rocket launcher and BFG in the first room.
ofta
Kuski

Post by ofta »

i'm no expert but i guess games nowadays wanna get u hooked asap cuz of micro$ and so on idk ._.?
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

kuchitsu wrote:Also tried Diablo 3 a bit. What I don't understand is why do these games make you feel so powerful from the very start. You immediately get very flashy spells, attacks that allow you to slaughter hordes of enemies quickly, lifesteal so strong you don't even need to think about your safety most of the time and can just mindlessly click on monsters. Also BIG NUMBERS on parameters like health. I wanna be a wimp that often struggles and only slowly gets better! It's much harder to find satisfaction in a game like this when you're a demigod from the very start. It's like there is not much progression then, you're always good. Reminds me of Doom maps that give you rocket launcher and BFG in the first room.
Wholeheartedly agree. And it used to be like that in poe in 2012-2013 - you were ultra ghetto with slow kill speed until the very end where you started feeling powerful and kill norm fast. Nowadays you are quite fast killer from start, but in the endgame it becomes epilepsy fast, which is just annoying imo.

If you want ultra hardcore version of what you just asked for, go play everquest 1 on some fan server like project 99.
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

d3 has adjustable difficulty from the start and you can make it impossible where you die from one hit and it takes year to kill even one shitmob if you want
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

kuchitsu wrote:Also tried Diablo 3 a bit. What I don't understand is why do these games make you feel so powerful from the very start. You immediately get very flashy spells, attacks that allow you to slaughter hordes of enemies quickly, lifesteal so strong you don't even need to think about your safety most of the time and can just mindlessly click on monsters. Also BIG NUMBERS on parameters like health. I wanna be a wimp that often struggles and only slowly gets better! It's much harder to find satisfaction in a game like this when you're a demigod from the very start. It's like there is not much progression then, you're always good. Reminds me of Doom maps that give you rocket launcher and BFG in the first room.
Go play Gothic 2 (with the NotR addon), that's the only game I've player where I truly felt like a wimp for the entire game =D
<veezay> antti also gonna get stabbed later this month
<nick-o-matic> niec

My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
error
Kuski
Team: 27

Post by error »

Does anyone else play?
twitch streams | one-handed | EOL winrate 20.1 %
Horace99
Kuski

Post by Horace99 »

Sure, I'm still playing. For me, this game is still good.