Roller Coasters and trip over Europe

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Roller Coasters and trip over Europe

Post by Bludek »

Does anyone here visit Theme parks and Roller Coasters in Europe?
I love them (maybe coz I played RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 a little bit too much, like many of you guys :) ), but I haven't rly visited many of them. Here in Czech Republic there are NO Theme Parks at all. Which sucks as f**k. We have only some lame-ass attractions in Prague (like swings and few slightly thrilling rotating stuff, but Roller Coasters are the real deal!). I guess I could visit some in Germany, coz that's pretty close to Czech, but I jut didn't find enough ppl and enough money to go there. I was in Mirabilandia once with my parents and it was like one of THE BEST trips ever, but nowhere else.

But why I am telling you this, guys. I have some light budget now and we are planning a trip by car to south France with my gf and two friends and on our way back to Czech we want to visit some theme park (I have suggested thisidea ofc ;) ). Friends found Gardaland in Italy, which looks pretty awesome, but there are deffinitely other options too. Do you have some good experience with other parks too?

btw this is VERY ROUGHLY the map of our ride:

And last but maybe the most improtant question:
Because we would like to sleep every night somewhere else, what do u guys think it is the cheapest option for nights (3 of us are students)? Some Camps? The other guy (friend) just registered on https://www.couchsurfing.org/ and it looks pretty good, but it might be hard to find ppl on that site who will let us sleep in their house :)
It would be pretty awesome, if some Kuski lived in some of those countries, but I think there are not many elma players from France or Italy..

I know some of you have experince with trips like this, so pls share it. Thx :)
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels
J-sim
39mins club

Re: Roller Coasters and trip over Europe

Post by J-sim »

i have been to gardaland. they definitely have some nice rollercoasters. two pretty straight forward but exciting ones with loops and stuff. they also have some lighter waterbased ones etc. generally it's quite a family oriented theme park - it's very disney land like.
so you probably wouldn't be disappointed going there, but if it's just the rollercoasters and thrill rides you're looking for i imagine there's something better in germany.
europapark might be a good option. i haven't been there, and it looks disney like in the same way as gardaland, but they have more rollercoasters. i don't think there's anything like six flags in europe.
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

From what I've heard http://www.heide-park.de/heide-park/ is the shit when it comes to Rollercoasters in Germany. And if you come through Berlin you are all invited to stay at my place - maybe your gf wants to check out more drawings :). Can't get any cheaper!
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
Bludek
38mins club

Post by Bludek »

Wow, thx for offer, insguy! We've never been to Berlin before, we'll talk it over for sure Image
The Heide park is a bit to the north, but it sure looks dope 8)
btw we'll go for the trip in late august or more likely early september...
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

I trust you already know about http://www.rcdb.com ?
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
Bludek
38mins club

Post by Bludek »

Ye, I do. :wink:
I wanted some review from you guys, coz there could be some issue that I won't be able to find on the park's site. Like long queues, bad food or unclean park or smth...
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

Only silly 2-second rides in Finland, although that probably wasn't one of your options anyway. xd
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?