Elma Chess League

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

Spef
34mins club

Re: Elma Chess League

Post by Spef »

2-0 against danitahelj

this 2nd game was a cool finish from me with white: http://www.playok.com/fi/game.phtml/216122253?ch
Missed 11. Nf7 though :s
[10:47:49] (Hosp) tol thinks that all there is in life is a gf, status, money blabl
[10:48:19] (ANATOLIY) not all hosp =)
[10:48:29] (ANATOLIY) but elma must be at second screen
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

53,3% of month has passed, 59,3% of games have been played
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

Why are Russians so impossibly good at this game?

Why does Berh keep calling my mobile when I am sleeping?

Because love. <3
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

some matches have been fun to watch) found myself mesmerized for full 1 hour in the first match between stini and badyl... i didnt know chess is so good for my brain
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

jonsykkel: 0.0
AKB: 2.0
Tm
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Tm »

achievement unlocked - draw against anatoliy (thanks for his kind decision because i was in huge time trouble) - http://www.playok.com/lt/game.phtml/216748971?ch

and lost the second big time (need to improve my motivation stability) - http://www.playok.com/lt/game.phtml/216750747?ch

i'm still happy :)
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

nice tmik gmik, happy to see you're improving! that's actually one of the main target of our leaugue, to get to know your opponents and improve because of the post game analysis
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

Okay guys, as the new month shows slowly up in the horizon, we gather ppl for next league month. There will be probably two divisions now, all according to the results. Also the time increment will be tested in order to avoid situations where some players agree for a draw, while others not, and continue opponent's time bleeding. Ok, who's in - please confirm. My in.
Spef
34mins club

Post by Spef »

my am in
[10:47:49] (Hosp) tol thinks that all there is in life is a gf, status, money blabl
Tm
35mins club

Post by Tm »

in
badyl
37mins club

Post by badyl »

me too
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

So far we have 9 players for the next month signed in. Adi? Bamilan? Please confirm or deny your willingness.

Also, adi and especially AKB, please join #elmachess whenever possible to play a game, you have some games missing and it would be a great loss to give 0 points for them.

Next tournament will also be 15/20/30, but will have a 10s increment to each turn.

Results and new tables of the divisions on 1st of July.

Don't worry, knowing the level of all people makes it possible to avoid senseless games by dividing us into divisions, so rather than a lengthy marathon, you'll now experience pure competition. To add some spice to that, the worst person of 1st division will not be able to participate in the 1st division following month, and the winner of 2nd division will earn the mentioned license.
bamilan
Kuski
Team: WLA

Post by bamilan »

Im in
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

Code: Select all

<Spef> now
<berh> thanks all for the participation
<berh> hope all had fun, what is important
<berh> but what is eve more important is to get better, to see how are opponents like
<berh> to gather in a friendly community
<berh> and to be able to discuss games and their ideas afterwards
<berh> pity that not all games were played, but we didn't know our levels
<berh> so there had to be some games that weren't exactly necessary
<Spef> experimental
<Spef> good result imo
<berh> nevertheless there will be 2 divisions next month
<berh> so must be better, it's also summer so ppl want to rest
<berh> okay thanks all! thanks for the great games, laughs
<berh> and maybe new stars (like spef) were born!
<berh> to the results!

06 full results

Top7 earns license for the top division.

Okay, the next month tables are up! http://mopolauta.moposite.com/viewtopic ... 64#p230364

Fun facts:
  • in this month there are only 62 of chess games to be played. A huge relief for many as it's only 34.1% of 182 we had last month
    A, B, S are the first letters of players' nicknames from the top division
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

Thanks for the idea Berh, sorry that I have been unable to play as often as needed.
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

Hey guys my comps broke so prolly wont be here for a while. Play games, ill collect results when poss cheers
totem
39mins club

Post by totem »

[advertisment]
a friend of mine made a chess site : http://www.lichess.org
[/advertisment]

i'm not a chess player myself, but i think his site is fine. It's an open source project and ad-free, and there are cool features like mini-games-captchas :)
Last edited by totem on 17 Jul 2013, 19:17, edited 1 time in total.
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Tried playing against level 1 computer like 8 times, lost all))

Good site, really.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

totem wrote:[advertisment]
a friend of mine made a chess site : http://www.lichess.org
[/advertisment]
really, a frind of yours made that site? ha, i used to play there quite a lot a couple of months ago, very good site!
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

Deadline prolonged to 5.08.

Unlike the lower league which is a deserted island by now, the higher one still provides excitement and some heavy fights. Today Spef was upset by ANATOLIY in the first game what may complicate several things for some.

There were some technical problems with comps, probably lengthy trips of some, so the deadline of finishing the games is prolonged to the 5th of August.

50,0% of games played in the top division
0,0% of games played in the 'run up' division
90,3% of month has passed

Adi, bamilan - please appear in the channel.
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

Deadline prolonged to 12.08

adi, bamilan please appear in the channel
adi
36mins club

Post by adi »

I was some 3-4 weeks 24/7 online but opponents nowhere...decided to quit the league anyway.
Team MiE
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

hmm i haven't seen you in channel too much last month, but i was off too due to comp failure, so that might explain.

anyways thanks for the participation! still a couple of games to go before the Elma World Cup 6, ANATOLIY, bamilan - please join the channel
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

[19:37] <zamps> missed resign because end of womans 10000m
[19:42] <berh> ok i'll post results, now prolly wcup break
[19:46] <berh> thanks all for a prolonged yet hot fight
[19:46] <berh> the run up league hasnt got a single result
[19:47] <berh> so i guess no winner there or maybe a coin toss
[19:47] <berh> i'd say tm appeared once and wanted to play
[19:47] * Spef (Spef@212-149-182-170.bb.dnainternet.fi) has joined #elmachess
[19:47] <berh> so let him be the winner
[19:47] <berh> hi Spef
[19:47] <berh> end of league
[19:48] <berh> and prolly wcup break unless better idea
[19:48] <berh> thanks all brain men
[19:48] <berh> 7. adi 0,0
[19:48] <berh> 6. ANATOLIY 3,0
[19:48] <berh> 5. bamilan 3,5
[19:49] <berh> 4. badyl 6,5
[19:49] <berh> 3. berh 7,0
[19:49] <berh> 2. Spef 8,0
[19:49] <berh> 1. Stini 12,0
[19:49] <berh> supergrats
[19:50] <Stini> tänks
[19:50] <Stini> ez Spef win next one
07/08 full results

Thanks all! Grats Stini and Spef for great result again! Prolly a WCup break now! Cheers!
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

Hello! Let's go with our superspecial Elma Chess League edition!

After a brief nighty discussion we decided to squeeze in a limited-edition tournament for the four most successful and prospective players to make them clash in a bloody, merciless 5 minutes blitz battles. The first to reach the 4-points mark takes it all! A very rare draw possibility would occur only when the match would be held at 3.5-3.5 with a shared point next.

So, badyl, berh, Spef and Stini! Get ready to action and don't make it bbullSShit!
badyl
37mins club

Post by badyl »

I think it's not 100% fair because player who has white first has a little advantage. I suggest that there would be always even number of games (unless the losing player has no opportunity to draw the match). For example if the result is 4-3 you don't win yet and one more game is played for the opportunity to draw the match. If 4-4 then maybe two more games or just draw.
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

Nicely pointed out, so let it be that way, even if black wins to lead 3-4 it's still another game to keep the games amount even.

Lost with badyl 4.5-1.5, horribly chess period for me, can't do anything. Also like a dumbass i chose a spanish in last game, which i havent played white for like 5 years or even more, yes
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

Spef won with Stini in the decisive match of our special edition of the tournament!

That means...

Yes, Spef is the first non-Stini being to attain the gold medal in our monthly championship!

[17:52] * berh changes topic to 'SPEF WINNNER OF AUGUST!!! FIRST NON-STINI WINNNER!!! GRATS!!!'
[17:53] <Spef> :D()
[17:53] <Stini> I think now I can quit chess forever
[17:53] <Stini> such humiliation
Of course it wasn't a humiliation, but a healthy, immensely complicated match!

08 full results

FIRST POST (ALL RESULTS)
jonsykkel
Kuski

Post by jonsykkel »

pls new
status:ONLINE - - -  drinking:GOFE - - - iq:85 - - - elasto mania ranking:#1
Spef
34mins club

Post by Spef »

Hi I am taking over this topic and posting links to my games from an ongoing tournament. Started 29.12 and ends 6.1. Unfortunately it doesn't say Spef in links but ville seppänen(
http://shakkiliitto.net/live/HM2014-1/tfd.htm Round 1
http://shakkiliitto.net/live/HM2014-2/tfd.htm Round 2
http://shakkiliitto.net/live/HM2014-3/tfd.htm 3
http://shakkiliitto.net/live/HM2014-4/tfd.htm etc
http://shakkiliitto.net/live/HM2014-5/tfd.htm hi

http://shakkiliitto.net/live/HM2014-6/tfd.htm Here mans can follow games live tomorrow (17:00 finnish time) or check them after they are finished. If I orka post here again but you want to find later games just change the number in link to 7, 8 or 9.
kabii
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by kabii »

i:m in! /kabii from team WLA nice
bamilan
Kuski
Team: WLA

Post by bamilan »

Thx
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

Grats Spef on your improvement, and fruitful games! As you took over, please organise another event, if you have time. Some young brains are hungry for chess action after the World Cup break :)
Tm
35mins club

Post by Tm »

I've improved some, so I might be in if anything happens :)
Spef
34mins club

Post by Spef »

I suggest people who like chess join #elmachess at IRCnet to talk about new league/tournaments. and also about my wonderful games.

Btw next 3 days the games start at 12:00 fin time.
Spef
34mins club

Post by Spef »

Hi and ho! Gonna be organizing something for february, nothing decided atm. Would like to hear who wants to play either here or in #elmachess. Also want to hear suggestions for what times people want for the games, how many games to play in the tournament etc. Been getting a couple suggestions for 5min games. with those could play more than 1 game vs each opponent. kthxbye.
jonsykkel
Kuski

Post by jonsykkel »

IM
geims should be a bit longer though i nmy imo maby 15 or 20 or ETC....... kkkk
status:ONLINE - - -  drinking:GOFE - - - iq:85 - - - elasto mania ranking:#1
Spef
34mins club

Post by Spef »

After an overwhelming amount of suggestions (4(four)) it seems that the stronger players prefer faster time controls. It would be possible to have 2 tournaments at the same time, 5min and 15-30(or more)min. Personally I would prefer one of these for all, then next month can try the other, or rethink this later. Or some compromise, like 15min or 15|10 now, that's pretty fast games already.

Now that I think about it, I will just be the diktator I said I wouldn't be, and say we will have a 15|10 tournament for all. Will see later if we have groups or not, depending on amount of players.

So far likely to play: Spef, Danielik, bamik, jonik, Markku, kabii, igge : D, badyl
Less likely/ donno yet: Stinik, lousk.

Go for #elmachess at IRCnet.
Last edited by Spef on 29 Jan 2014, 20:23, edited 2 times in total.
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

im nab but ill play)
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Spef
34mins club

Post by Spef »

Currently going for this system:

Top group (edited): Jalli, Spef, badyl, bamilan, MJXII.
Bottom group: jon, kabii, igge, lousku, markku, danielj(sneaky edit)

2 games vs each player in own group, one with white, one with black. Probably will make it so that last placed from top group and top placed in bottom group will switch for next tournament.

Time control is 15|10 meaning 15min for the game +10s each move, this is one of the default options at chess.com so it's maybe easiest to play there. Games can start to be played tomorrow, you have the whole month to play tho so no hurry. If this is finished very fast then can have some new one before the month is over if people want another.

Good luck all!
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

Can see standings and find games etc here: http://danitah.com/chess/
I'm sure most know but must add games (or get someone to add) in #elmachess.
Spef
34mins club

Post by Spef »

Top group with only 4 players has been completed. Grats: my! ty!

Results for group 1 in elma chess league
       | Spef  | badyl | MJXII | Jalli | score
 Spef  |  X X  |  ½ 1  |  0 1  |  1 1  | 4.5 / 6
 badyl |  0 ½  |  X X  |  0 1  |  1 1  | 3.5 / 6
 MJXII |  0 1  |  0 1  |  X X  |  1 0  | 3 / 6
 Jalli |  0 0  |  0 0  |  1 0  |  X X  | 1 / 6
Same table with games here: http://danitah.com/chess/Standings1_1.htm

Bottom group running nicely too, Kabii only one to play all games and got a perfect score 10/10! grats!:

Standings for group 2 in elma chess league (22 of 30 games completed)
           | kabii | danielj | jonsykkel | Markku  | Igge  | Lousku  | score
 kabii     |  X X  |   1 1   |    1 1    |   1 1   |  1 1  |   1 1   | 10 / 10
 danielj   |  0 0  |   X X   |    1 0    |   1 1   |  1 1  |   _ 1   | 6 / 9
 jonsykkel |  0 0  |   1 0   |    X X    |   _ _   |  1 1  |   1 1   | 5 / 8
 Markku    |  0 0  |   0 0   |    _ _    |   X X   |  1 _  |   _ _   | 1 / 5
 Igge      |  0 0  |   0 0   |    0 0    |   _ 0   |  X X  |   _ _   | 0 / 7
 Lousku    |  0 0  |   0 _   |    0 0    |   _ _   |  _ _  |   X X   | 0 / 5
Games: http://danitah.com/chess/Standings1_2.htm

Still almost 2 weeks for the rest of the games. Go for win jon.
Thanks to Danielj(person) for Danielj(bot), very cool teh to input results and games.
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Have to say, despite not doing so well perhaps, that this is a really cool league! Nice mans, nice games, nice channel and bot. Really enjoying it so far. Also having spef or some other pro analyzing your game afterwards is something I really appreciate, so big thanks to everyone involved!
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

Yeah it's been very fun and a great motivator for improving in chess :) Looking forward to next month! If anyone else want to play next month come to #elmachess or post here, we have players of all skill levels so don't need to worry about that.
Spef
34mins club

Post by Spef »

Tomorrow is new month and new tournament. We will play with 30min time controls, + some increment undecided yet. I think if we get atleast 12 players we will have 3 groups instead of 2 as we have roughly 3 skill levels in the league. also then with longer games we can have a lower amount of games.

Some mans who wil play (probably osv): Spef, badyl, jalli, MJXII, jon, kabii, danielj, igge, markku, zeputin, lousk. This looks like 11 mans. 1 more pls.

Some grouping planning later to be editeddy bear:

Group 1: Spef, badyl, MJXII, a
Group 2: kabii, jon, danielj, jalli
Group 3: igge, markku, Zimbabwe, lousku.

imo kabii might go top group if noone stronker joins(stene -,-) oke.

Anyone can join ofc, can post here or go to #elmachess. Go there in either case tho, that's where all the magic hapens. thxbye
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

Time controls are 30min + 20sec, and other than that same rules as last time i guess (not very many rules)
Standings are here: http://danitah.com/chess/ (standings 2_1 to 2_3, 2_4 is actually 1_2 so I'll change that when all games there are finished.)
badyl
37mins club

Post by badyl »

How about next season of Elma Chess League?
badyl
37mins club

Post by badyl »

Nobody interested? Send me a pm if you want to participate in new season of elma chess league. After I collect all people willing to play we can maybe start thinking of time controls and dividing into groups according to strenth.
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

Hi badyl, I would like to be apart of this year's season. I am noob at chess, maybe 1600 elo.
God Bless America
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

i can play any time control, my level is beginner (1500-1700 on lichess)