Quitting Smoking

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

gimp
Kuski

Quitting Smoking

Post by gimp »

I know nobody likes a quitter, but please spare me the common jokes. I normally smoke 5 cigs to a pack per day depending on if I'm drinking. Tried to quit today but I had one cigarette today so I failed so far. Anybody else here quit the habit? Maybe wants to try?
God Bless America
Thundr-
37mins club

Re: Quitting Smoking

Post by Thundr- »

I managed to quit smoking entirely, however I never really smoked that much either to begin with, just a few here and there (1-2 packs/week). I simply went over to snus instead.

Now I'm having a much harder time trying to get off the snus. Trying to quit = oops accidentally increased the amount for the entire week.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Two of my friends believed in Jesus and stopped smoking entirely, in a blink of an eye.
True story.
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

Tigro wrote:Two of my friends believed in Jesus and stopped smoking entirely, in a blink of an eye.
True story.
i believed in the flying spaghetti monster and flew to mars on an elephant.
true story.
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

I'd rather smoke than believe in Jesus :)
God Bless America
bene
Hot kuski
Team: dat

Post by bene »

I quit snusaring this year. It was quite ez using method of alternating nicotine free snus with normal snus while increasing frequency of nicotine free over a while.
Most impossible time was when quitting nicotine free, I just did this randomly one day cause I had few left and didn't orka go to the store. But I spent a month or two using only nicotine free before quitting.
Why did I quit? I can't remember even, it costs many monies and annoyances of having to go to the store osv, but the cost was not an issue at all, I had more than enough money every month.

Several months later today I still miss the taste/feel of snus and can easily get addicted to fishermans friends or some other halstablett osv. But never did snus again.
I read somewhere that snusaers have a much easier time using nicotine free alternatives compared to smokers.

I never was addicted to smoking and just smoke randomly on/off when someone offers for free at a party. Which is like one cig per 2 months or less.
Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

I fucking love cig taste so much it can't even be described with words. Also it's cool to stop doing whatever activity i'm into atm, and just go outside and have a smoke while thinking about something irrelevant. Or, in a social environment, to have a typical smoke chitchat. Cig breaks are teh best.

It was really difficult to quit for me, but i managed to do teh after 7 years of somkeing)()()()) The fun part is that i did quit the day after i had said to a friend that i was probably never going to quit smoking ever, even though i wanted to. For me the key to the quittage was to put myself into an environment that was completely nicotine-free. I basically lived for 2 months in a house that was 3km away from the nearest shop, so buying cigs was annoying, and i had some light health problems at the time which, coupled with my laziness, kept me away from running to the shop despite the nicotine urges. I also had no friends nearby who smoked, which is an extremely important factor imo. After a few weeks it became much easier to stay away from cigs (first 2 weeks were hell though, both physically and mentally), and after a few months i could just walk past smoking people without getting an urge to buy cigs and have a smoke myself.

Dunno, everyone finds his own answers imo, and they usually come quite naturally with time. Unless you're sick of it, it'll be almost impossible to quit i think. Maybe i'm wrong here, but that's how it was in my case. I really like smoking, but at the time i kept getting headaches every day due to my lifestyle (smoking played some part in it too of course) and generally had no energy to do anything, so some changes had to happen. Quitting smoking was one of them.
badyl
37mins club

Post by badyl »

I quit smoking last year after 3 years of addiction. I read one of Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking books. I recommend you this as the easiest way to quit. IMO some statements there are not true, yet IT HELPS A LOT.
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

I stopped smoking almost 4 months ago, after smoking 7 years (but only like 4-6 cigarettes a day, more when drinking). I've always tried to quit, but never could. My longest break was 3 weeks. After that break, I wanted to feel the taste so bad, I just couldn't resist. Now I realize I needed completely different mindset. I just WANTED to quit. After like 1 month, I was convinced I am completely free from cigarettes. So I tried one from my friend and it just tasted awful, so I was proud that my addiction is over. :beer:
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

I've gone about 48 hours without one and it feels like a damn demon is buried in my chest screaming at me to go outside light up and relax. Very strange this whole not smoking thing, I am not enjoying it atm :(
God Bless America
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Never heard of snus before so I googled it and jeez, these teeth pictures are fucking creepy. Hope you guys can quit!
analcactus
Kuski

Post by analcactus »

Well now it's been a month that I didn't drink alcohol! Using acid instead (twice last month) was way better for my
i'd say, why no replace smoking with something else?
also, i heard that e-cigarettes are almost good
Image Image
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

I think the better question is why replace nicotine with something else? Cold turkey is the best way imo.
God Bless America
analcactus
Kuski

Post by analcactus »

all habits earlier or later become annoying
i would never believe i could quit drinking, i tried to make sober month like two years ago and succeeded but exactly once this month was over i been drinking for a week or so. but now my body is tired of alcohol, it's not that tasty as it used to be, more hangovers, and the worst thing is that i cant be just a little drunk - i'm either sober , then i continue drinking cuz cant stahp and bah - i'm drunk shit, amnesious.
that's why best to replace old habit to something new - even if that's not benefical or it's worse than previous one but you will atleast enjoy it
Image Image
Mats
39mins club

Post by Mats »

Thundr- wrote:Now I'm having a much harder time trying to get off the snus. Trying to quit = oops accidentally increased the amount for the entire week.
Same thing with me. Tried quitting, going for less nicotine alternatives. Then I failed and increased amount and kept it higher so far.
Big problem is that it feels so good, especially when stressed. It's hard to concentrate on work when I'm too long without it.

My brother gave me the first snus, seemed interesting effect so I bought it myself. Then only used it when driving, because I got less aggressive and more focused. Then after some time got addicted full time user. Also remember thinkin how can it be addictive enough to make it impsy to stop. Well it is really hard indeed :P
TT:39.59.86|| AvgTT:41.49.24 || Multi TT:27:43:82 || Team [TR]
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

Been a week without a cig so far, slowly getting easier for me. Read some interesting logic the other day in regard to smoking. This to me explains why quitting is so fucking hard and depressing, they say only about 4% are able to quit on any given serious attempt. Success needs more definition here but you get the point.

Imagine how every experience is often enhanced with a cigarette. It's what keeps us coming back, for example, you see a nice sunset and think to yourself, how about i admire it with a cig. Or have some nice sex and think, lets soak it up with a cig. Or maybe that rum and coke is hitting the spot, and then think, lets enjoy it with a cig.

Lets assume that your brain normally associates a sunset with an enjoyment level of a 7.

Brain = Enjoyment
7=7

Lets add the enhancement of nicotine to the sunset.

Brain = Enjoyment + Nicotine
10=7+3

At the beginning the nicotine will enhance experiences for you, however eventually it will be nothing more than a dependence, in other words, to reach a 7 you will need a cigarette.

Brain + Nicotine = Enjoyment
4+3=7

What happens when you quit then? You no longer have the nicotine, everything will seem so less enjoyable without your best friend around.

Brain = Enjoyment - Nicotine
4=7-3

Shitty right? Almost makes you think you shouldn't quit smoking at all. Good news is over time the dependence on nicotine goes away, your brain can become normal again.

Brain = Enjoyment
7=7

This logic applies to stress as well. Many say they smoke to relieve stress. This is a huge misconception. The smoking is not getting rid of stress, the nicotine is simply putting you at the normal stress level of what you would be as a non-smoker. Think about it, it's ridiculous to say that a smoker has less stress than a non-smoker simply because they smoke. You're brain is dependent on the cigarette to feel "the normal amount of stress". Quitting will be extremely stressful at first, because your brain is programmed to survive, it will believe the cig is a necessity to you. Dependence takes roughly 21 days to go away, withdrawl symptoms about 30. The nicotine however can be out of your system in 3 days. I notice my addiction trying to trick my brain everyday, right now it is a day by day experience, but i am determined to quit, some part of my brain knows it is the better way of survival, call this will power, your true hearts desire, i dont care, but for whatever reason some part of YOU knows what is best for you.

I've found that encouragement isn't enough to get over the habit. Knowledge of what your dealing with goes further than anybody else's encouragement or nagging at you to quit. Ultimately you need to educate yourself and make the decision only for you. I know every smoker has contemplated quitting, our brain typically realizes this in the middle of smoking. Not when it is craving them. Im not going to turn into a smoking nazi in real life as pretty much most of my friends smoke anyways, and i used to hate smoking nazis, but i figured if this knowledge was able to inspire me maybe it can inspire someone else too.
God Bless America
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

The tiem after which you can truly say you are out of smoking is at least 2 years, someone even says that many years, as many you have been smoking. Well, how many is that?

But nice perception there, gimp.
bene
Hot kuski
Team: dat

Post by bene »

The amount of tiems you can truly say you are understanding Tigros wording is after at least reading the sentence 15 times, someone even says that many times, as many you have been reading. Well how many is that?
Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

twice.
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

bene wrote:The amount of tiems you can truly say you are understanding Tigros wording is after at least reading the sentence 15 times, someone even says that many times, as many you have been reading. Well how many is that?
lol yeah i dont fully understand what you are saying tigro. but i have heard once you become a nicotine addict you always will be one. people relapse after many years of not smoking. perhaps a death in the family could trigger it, or just having "the worse day of their life", unfortunately, i think the cravings may never fully go away.
God Bless America
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

I managed to quit smoking entirely, however I never really smoked that much either to begin with. I believed in Jesus and stopped smoking entirely, in a blink of an eye. It was really difficult to quit for me, but i managed to do teh after 0.5 mins of somkeing. I just WANTED to quit.

proud that my addiction is over. Now I realize I needed completely different mindset.
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

Zweq that is great I am very happy for you. Please post your quit date so we can have celebrations for your quitiversarry.
God Bless America
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

Here is an update on my quitting success so far.

Stats

Time since last cig
35d 20h 49m'

Money Saved:
$93.26

Not Smoked
286 cigs

Time Saved
1d 4h 41m

Health - All according to a cessation app I have.

My sense of taste and smell is back to normal, nicotine is out of my system and withdraw symptoms are 100% gone. 39% of my circulation is back to that of a non smoker, and 13% of smoking related sinus congestion, fatigue or shortness of breath is that of a non smoker, also my risk of a stroke has dropped 1% to what a non smoker's would be.

risk of heart disease, lung cancer, or tooth loss have not even dropped 1% yet. Good thing I am young because it can take roughly 15 years before these risks are back to a normal risk level.

Observations

I know longer crave very hard anymore. If it does happen its like once a day. And it is usually only for a couple minutes. For the first week I thought about it constantly, I was fearful of never having a cig again. Now that fear has substantially subsided.

I came very close to relapsing twice in my quit, both within the first two weeks and because I was heavily drinking. Second time a friend literally hit the cig out of my hand before I could smoke. Since then I have drank heavily and been around smokers and it doesnt bother me anymore. I used to worry I could only enjoy a conversation outside unless I had a cig with it, especially if the other person was smoking, now I enjoy them just the same without a cig.

Health wise the coughing has stopped, first couple weeks of a quit you cough a lot, your lungs are getting rid of a lot of crap it seems like. My running has improved and I have a bit more energy. Biggest difference is the sheer amount of time I am saving.

Before so much of my time was smoking or thinking about smoking, for example I'd sit in class and think about having a cig, or after a long car ride I'd think about when my next cig would be, this has been a shocker to me, I never noticed how often I thought and cared about smoking, to where my focus was no longer focused on simply enjoying life. The improvements of non smoking come on slow but now in hindsight I realize there are very many I have already achieved.

Ill update again maybe in a few months.
God Bless America
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

well done, gimp, keep on good work.
Maybe I'll suggest starting swimming. It helps to enlarge your lungs. The chlorine in water is a bit af a downside, but once a week for 1 hour is totally sufficient. After two years of swimming once a week, my lung capacity went from 88% to 102% of normal.
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

Thank you Tigro. I do hate the chlorine but once a week can't hurt.
God Bless America
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

Here is another update on my quitting success so far.

Stats

Time since last cig
129d 00h 43m'

Money Saved:
$335.48

Not Smoked
1032 cigs

Time Saved
4d 7h 13m

Health - All according to a cessation app I have.

Everything before except now about half of smoking related sinus congestion, fatigue or shortness of breath is that of a non smoker, also my risk of a stroke has dropped 7% to what a non smoker's would be.

risk of heart disease, lung cancer, or tooth loss is 2% of the way to normal :0

Observations

I suppose the benefits of not smoking come on so slowly I don't even notice them until times like now when I reflect on when I used to smoke. I can't emphasize how much time is saved now that I am a non-smoker. 4 of these days out of the 129 days would of simply been smoking a cig, that seems crazy to me. Also the time thinking about having that next cig has completely vanished. Truly I dont have cravings at all unless I am completely wasted drunk. For like the first two months I had a couple nightmares that I had smoked and would wake up thinking that I did, only to immediately remind myself it was just a dream and to calm down. Sometimes walking around campus I still feel envious of the people smoking around me, it is not so much a craving though as much it is just that, a little envious of that camaraderie I could have with random strangers. Sometimes I will smell the smoke and I do not dislike the smell but kind of enjoy it.

Of course these are all very fleeting moments in my life. They come momentarily about as quickly as they vanish. But I still believe it to hold true that once an addict you will probably always be one. I don't know if there is any science or study behind it, but I think I used to be a bit more cynical as a smoker, more ignorant and have a fuck you attitude to others just about life in general. Now that I do not smoke I notice this in smoker's to some small degree or more. It could be that smoking is a bit socially "non-acceptable", and to an extent smoking is rebellious, you begin to take on this persona the more you smoke, that you are rebelling. and you and the random others you smoke with will carry this attitude on almost sub-consciously. This is why drinking and smoking are probably such a delightful combination. Drinking will lower your inhibitions and often justify to yourself the rebellion of smoking.

Of course if you told me this while I was smoking, that smoking was controlling me, I'd of done what I just described, I'd of mentally in my mind said fuck you. Those fleeting urges do occur still, a small desire at a random moment during the day to say fuck you and go smoke. But truth is I didn't really like that part of me, if I smoked one I am pretty sure I'd go right out and buy a pack and hit the bar. It's not a lifestyle that can ever harvest the things I want in life, i.e. a steady job, house, wife, kids, and the white picket fence.

If you smoke and are thinking about quitting I would urge you to have more sense of urgency about quitting, its some serious shit even if it doesn't seem like it.
God Bless America
ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Post by ville_j »

Very nice writing gimp and good job.

I have thought about quitting smoking many times, but for some reason I am unable to carry that out. I think the main reason is that I find it very hard to prove myself why should I do it. I don't think about money that much, I don't really care if I save or waste 100€ more per month. I also don't really care if I save some time by not smoking, it would only mean more time sitting in front of computer in an office. Health is of course the greatest reason of all, but even that doesn't make me want to quit. I'm living quite carefree and always just think if I want to do something, why should I deny it (true addict talk). That being said, I can have some two weeks long periods of time when I don't smoke at all, and those come almost accidentally. Sometimes I just don't feel like smoking and don't even think about it, but then I eventually will smoke again when I feel like it.

So, would I even want to quit or not - I don't know. At the moment smoking feels like a fun and social thing to have, but I guess in the long run it would be a good thing to quit. At my age and in today's world it is not anymore mr. cool guys who smoke, it's the opposite.
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

culinko wrote:I stopped smoking almost 4 months ago, after smoking 7 years (but only like 4-6 cigarettes a day, more when drinking). I've always tried to quit, but never could. My longest break was 3 weeks. After that break, I wanted to feel the taste so bad, I just couldn't resist. Now I realize I needed completely different mindset. I just WANTED to quit. After like 1 month, I was convinced I am completely free from cigarettes. So I tried one from my friend and it just tasted awful, so I was proud that my addiction is over. :beer:
8 months now :)
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

culinko wrote:8 months now :)
Very happy to hear that.
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

Ville_J wrote:Very nice writing gimp and good job.

I have thought about quitting smoking many times, but for some reason I am unable to carry that out. I think the main reason is that I find it very hard to prove myself why should I do it. I don't think about money that much, I don't really care if I save or waste 100€ more per month. I also don't really care if I save some time by not smoking, it would only mean more time sitting in front of computer in an office. Health is of course the greatest reason of all, but even that doesn't make me want to quit. I'm living quite carefree and always just think if I want to do something, why should I deny it (true addict talk). That being said, I can have some two weeks long periods of time when I don't smoke at all, and those come almost accidentally. Sometimes I just don't feel like smoking and don't even think about it, but then I eventually will smoke again when I feel like it.

So, would I even want to quit or not - I don't know. At the moment smoking feels like a fun and social thing to have, but I guess in the long run it would be a good thing to quit. At my age and in today's world it is not anymore mr. cool guys who smoke, it's the opposite.
All I know is pretty much everybody who does the occasional smoking deal eventually gets hooked and starts smoking everyday. Any advice you get of course is there for you and only the smoker ever gets to make the decision whether smoking seems like it's worth it at the end of the day. I believe that almost all smokers deep down truly want to quit. There is some complex form of cognitive dissonance going on if you think you don't. You've gotta think about it, when you are deep in the addiction you smoke more than you eeat or drink water. Admit that perhaps everything you tthink and feel about smoking could be heavily influenced by your addiction. If you can at least admit that, it'll stand to reason that you May want to quit. HHopefully some kind of seed has been planted in your mind about it, but ultimately the best way if you decide to quit is to acquire knowledge about the addiction. It doesn't matter what you read, just that you are reading something and educating yourself about what you have been putting in your body and mind thousands of times. For how often people smoke, it's amazing how little most of them know about it.
God Bless America
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

culinko wrote:
culinko wrote:I stopped smoking almost 4 months ago, after smoking 7 years (but only like 4-6 cigarettes a day, more when drinking). I've always tried to quit, but never could. My longest break was 3 weeks. After that break, I wanted to feel the taste so bad, I just couldn't resist. Now I realize I needed completely different mindset. I just WANTED to quit. After like 1 month, I was convinced I am completely free from cigarettes. So I tried one from my friend and it just tasted awful, so I was proud that my addiction is over. :beer:
8 months now :)
Very nice congrats (this congrats is better than any congrats you'll get for winning a balle) :)
God Bless America
Ecchi
39mins club

Post by Ecchi »

I've gone over to vaping, more enjoyable, tastes better, doesnt stink and gives you a nice hobby at the same time<3
RIP enthusiast claim image:(
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

Ecchi wrote:I've gone over to faping, more enjoyable, tastes better, doesnt stink and gives you a nice hobby at the same time<3
fixed
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

Lukazz wrote:
Ecchi wrote:I've gone over to faping, more enjoyable, tastes better, doesnt stink and gives you a nice hobby at the same time<3
fixed
Congrats Ecchi, whatever works as long as you aren't smoking! Just don't hurt yourself
God Bless America
Ecchi
39mins club

Post by Ecchi »

Its awesome, its also a real partyhit if you got a proper one, almost like a mini smokemachine that smells good:D
RIP enthusiast claim image:(
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

Ecchi wrote:Its awesome, its also a real partyhit if you got a proper one
this is getting better and better.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

I see what you did there, you bastard :D
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

Yes I have done it at parties too, always a real crowd pleaser!
God Bless America
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I never smoked anything in my life. Last week someone passed me this e-cig thing, but didn't dare to try it. Yes, I wrote dare there. I'm quite sure I will be a huge addict in no time and I don't like the idea of being an addict. For the same reason I have never tried coffee instead of a small sip when I was young. I have enough addiction to alcohol, why add more?
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

how's that lauta quitting thing going?
39:37,91
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I had a relapse just a few days ago, funny that you ask.
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

Oke I decided to quit, not for any other reason but for the sake of quitting. Tracked my last two weeks cigarettes, here are the numbers:

6.2. 8 cigs
7.2. 3
8.2. 0
9.2. 4
10.2. 4
11.2. 7
12.2. 6
13.2. 6
14.2. 5
15.2. 0
16.2. 4
17.2. 1
18.2. 6
19.2. 2
20.2. 11
21.2. 15
22.2. 4
--------------STOP---------------

Might have missed few smokes here and there on that list but mostly it is correct and reflects my smoking habits on a longer scale too. Haven't smoked since last Sunday 7:45 am. Doesn't feel anyhow different or hard, but my first true test will be on Saturday when I go to party and be probably idiot drunk. Wish me luck!
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

Ville_J wrote:Oke I decided to quit, not for any other reason but for the sake of quitting.

Doesn't feel anyhow different or hard, but my first true test will be on Saturday when I go to party and be probably idiot drunk. Wish me luck!
Congrats on one of the best choices you'll ever make! But when you say quit for the sake of quitting what does that mean? Quitting for better health, maybe you feel dependent and it's getting out of hand?
You seem to try and downplay this whole no smoking thing as much as possible ;)

Drinking will be your ultimate test, it was for me at least. Maybe tell a close friend you are trying to quit and tell him/her tonight will be tough for you, having somebody around to hold you accountable might help. Also just stay away from other people smoking if you can. Smoking will seem like a great idea while drunk, but you will regret the next day with worse hangover and probably will just start right back up smoking again.

Good luck man
God Bless America
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

I meant that I still don't have these health or money things to motivate me doing this. Reading and posting in this topic just made me think about quitting again, but as I already said earlier I find it hard to find the motivators. I'm not saying there isn't any addiction involved, but it is something different than a need of a daily dose of nicotine. So I decided to just take the quitting itself as a challenge and that doesn't mean I wouldn't take it seriously, I don't like failing things.

Good advice, stoked to see how it all turns out on Saturday!
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

Smoking just has so bad satisfaction / harm ratio that ez skip. I did the calculations in elementary school or something. Luckily I did because I don't find myself a very good addiction beater. Vaporization is nice.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

I remember before I got really addicted I used to smoke out of boredom for maybe like a year. It only began to escalate from there though, I never thought I'd get to the point where if I didn't have a cig I would straight up feel irritated and have a headache

EZ quit now and never get to that point. You seem confident in your control of your quit so best of luck
God Bless America
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

Oke oke it all went well yesterday, didn't smoke any. There were few moments when I thought damn it would be nice to have a cig, but wasn't too bad.
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

Congrats and keep that quit :)
God Bless America
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

Now it has been a full month since I quit, wow that went quick. Kinda funny that just last night I had a dream where I started smoking again :< I think just posting in this topic made me feel like I should stick to this decision and I haven't been even close to have a cig. Before it has been easier to just forget about the whole quitting when there is no written word about it. Weird Brain. Still, I am little afraid I might just flip some time and start smoking again.
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

Ville_J wrote:Now it has been a full month since I quit, wow that went quick.

Still, I am little afraid I might just flip some time and start smoking again.
Well first of all very nice job making it a month :) obviously this is probably the hardest part but of course it is hard afterwards as well, but as you've probably noticed it's just in a much more subtle way. Basically it comes down to a choice:

Either you are a smoker temporarily not smoking, or you are a permanent non smoker.

Which one are you? Not sure yet? Was it all just an experiment to prove something to yourself or do you never want to smoke again?

Personally I've made peace with the fact that I will never have another cig, I won't concede for just one here and there or anything. That was my goal from the beginning, basically I was quite desperate to quit. You may not be as desperate, but our two choices are the same. The cig does nothing good for you, you truly don't need it for anything, not to satisfy any nostalgic smoking or drunk binge or even pure boredom. Forget about smoking.

A month is a pretty good milestone and most people on any given attempt wouldn't have made it, you've beaten some heavily researched odds of the addiction already, you should be proud of yourself :)
God Bless America