Making Money Online

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

Lee
37mins club

Making Money Online

Post by Lee »

This year I've been making money online from surveys and other things. I myself am a member of seven different websites. This was mainly how I was able to save up for a new computer.
I won't list the names of the four NZ websites here, just the international ones. I can tell you how much I have earned so far this year, and I was wondering if anyone else has been earning online too.

Neobux: $82.63
GiftHulk: $102.00
Toluna: $50.00
Website 4: $90.00
Website 5: $220.00
Website 6: $50.00
Website 7: $58.68

Total: $653.31 (everything in NZ dollars)
Zweq
34mins club

Re: Making Money Online

Post by Zweq »

oke, well, never orkade effort, but thought about it for pretty much 10 years. I remember making 30dolars in diablo2 by selling near perfect crown of ages! But I think making money for the sake of making money is not in me, and I dont need a new pc, 8fps in poe is enough.
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

Isn't the return rate so low it is basically not worth doing? You could earn 10x-100x an hour by just getting a normal job?
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

yeah i am interested in money/time ratio.
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

Lee: How much money did you put in to start with? I remember at least Neobux takes forever to earn anything significant without some initial money.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

If you've spent more than 30 hours on it, you'd be better off doing some overtime at work, I guess.
Lee
37mins club

Post by Lee »

Time varies a lot. For Neobux I don't bother with ad clicks, I just do mini jobs instead. That works out to be around $1 per 6 minutes of work.
Some days I get lucky and earn around $10 for 30 minutes worth of surveys. Some weeks I don't do anything at all because of no surveys.
Some surveys say they'll take 40 minutes to complete for $4 but only takes 10 minutes, which is good. And some times it says it'll take 20 minutes to complete for $2 but it really takes 35 minutes, which is annoying.
All up the amount of time spent probably averages out to around 15 minutes each day (just an estimate). It's not that bad for some extra money on the side.
I know some of you were playing that Motocoin game and earning money that way. How much was earned through that?
Mats
39mins club

Post by Mats »

Don't you just click through survey as fast as possible?
I never bother reading questions in those
TT:39.59.86|| AvgTT:41.49.24 || Multi TT:27:43:82 || Team [TR]
Lee
37mins club

Post by Lee »

Nah, there are trick questions in there sometimes to stop cheaters.
Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

Post by Hosp »

some 300E on motocoin i guess
ez worth it
was maybe 12h total playing? dont remember
ToMaT
Labs
37mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Labs »

1. Arbitrage betting:

Some 600-1300eur monthly.

2. Steam trading:

- buy cheap skins, sell it higher -> free games - i have 84eur on my steam wallet now and many sellable things.

3. Recyclix

I got 20eur free, it looks real, so i did pay in 20 eur cos they banned members who did not deposit, then i sold some garbage and did withdraw my deposited money, now i just reinvest all income. They have webcams from buildings etc.

https://recyclix.com/?id=29e22d95d3ebc4
Team SPEED

anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

Any updates on this? Would be interested in this arbitrage betting thing Labs mentioned, sounds solid (but risky?) judging by the numbers.

My only real accomplishments were winning Jace Hall's doom tournament and splitting $5000 with my friend; and selling some ingame currencies in online games for about $2300. Would be interested in knowing more about additional sources of income on the side, since both of the things i've done are basically seasonal. The former will most likely never happen again, and the latter happens once every 4 months or so, and takes about 200 hours kek.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

buy my shit and sell for profit
ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Post by ville_j »

Well arbitrage shouldn't be risky because that's the whole point of that method. But if you want to make real money out of it then you have to bet a lot because the wins are not that big. It also takes time.. orka. Of course it also possible you make a mistake yourself and bet 500e for some wrong thing yikes. But there are many tools developed for this purpose, you just have to know if you can trust the tools and know what you are doing. I myself find real job an easier way to get money ROLf but sure if something easy and quick comes up I might jump on the bandwagon!
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

Much thanks for the input! I agree about real job, but it heavily depends on the country you're living in. It's completely unrealistic for me to earn more than 3-5e/hour even with good education and couple years of experience. So it'd be a huge plus to have something additional, at least for the next few months, hence the question :^)
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

well, my offer stands if you want to make money :) sell my shit and get a %. More or less riskfree for you. And I have some good shit that sells fast, don't even have to waste a lot of time and you probably have connections already.

hmm it starts to sound like drugs xd
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

If you have marketable "digital" skills (coding, design, marketing, tech support etc) it doesn't matter where you live - you can make about the same amount freelancing anywhere - you just need to be able to convince potential clients you know what you'ŗe doing even if your portfolio isn't much to show when starting out. Fluent level of professional English is also quite essential to stand out and make people believe you understand every detail of the requirements.

No offense, but these "making money" methods are a huge waste of time when you could be learning marketable skills that pay off wayyy more in the long run. It's current year, you don't need to have a degree or to live anywhere in particular to make money comparable to American (or whatever) salaries. Just the ability to use resources available for free on the internet. And a self-motivated attitude because you basically run your own business and there's no boss to keep you from slacking off. I can see why the stability of a "salary job" can be enticing in western countries but in 3rd world or post-Soviet states it just makes no sense to not go for a digital nomad career instead if you can speak English at all as the payoff is way better.
39:37,91
Labs
37mins club

Post by Labs »

Oke, some update of my "shit".

1. Arb betting: huh its like 300eur-700eur monthly now...

2. Steam trades: hmm, smth like 100eur-200eur monthly (you can sell the skins for real money, so its real money, ye.)

3. recyclix: 0, this one seems dead, at least i got out from it without minus.

4. New one for me: Mining e-money with computer (bitcoin, ethereum, zcash etc...). Nothing yet, but i bought an 1070gtx to start mining, datas showin 5eur daily with one card, if it will work fine in the next weeks i go hard and buy a 'norm' rig with 4-5 cards in it, which will make about 20eur daily without any work. (i always need future plans like this, cos i dont have a job and i dont want to get one.)
Team SPEED

milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

Labs wrote:if it will work fine in the next weeks i go hard and buy a 'norm' rig with 4-5 cards in it, which will make about 20eur daily without any work.
compare the profit to the cost of electricity, I wouldn't be surprised, if you were losing money
[carebox]
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

even if his pc was drawing full power (550w) 24/7 the cost of electricity would be max 1-2e (i put price per kwh to 7-14cent range)
Labs
37mins club

Post by Labs »

milagros wrote:
Labs wrote:if it will work fine in the next weeks i go hard and buy a 'norm' rig with 4-5 cards in it, which will make about 20eur daily without any work.
compare the profit to the cost of electricity, I wouldn't be surprised, if you were losing money
Price of electricity already down from that. (oke some prices went down, but still 4eur/card now) Check it here: https://www.nicehash.com/?p=calc
Team SPEED

8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

Historically you'd always make more money by buying (Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc) and holding rather than spending the same money on mining gear and mining.
39:37,91
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

I saw this Banking on Bitcoin (2016) and it was very interesting, it feels risky though to invest anything in Bitcoin, but maybe in the long run it could work it it does not crash or something else happen. In China, Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency are now illegal to exchange with.

It's no use in mining Bitcoin today with one computer, you are mining too slow and the worth of it is too high. Better off using your money to actually buy Bitcoin and then just wait.

I'm still investing in stocks, Swedish companies.
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Started doing some Japanese-to-Russian translations. It's kind of a rare skill, so finding clients (e.g. anime fans) doesn't seem terribly difficult. I've already made about 70 dollars and I'm expecting to double this sum in the following 2 weeks. I'm still trying to figure out how to set prices. So far everyone gets surprised when I name the price as they expect larger numbers. I have pretty much zero experience in stuff like this so it's kind fo tricky. I obviously would love to make more but I want to remain very accessible to everyone. I guess I'll try increasing them slowly and seeing how people react.
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

kuchitsu wrote:Started doing some Japanese-to-Russian translations. It's kind of a rare skill, so finding clients (e.g. anime fans) doesn't seem terribly difficult. I've already made about 70 dollars and I'm expecting to double this sum in the following 2 weeks. I'm still trying to figure out how to set prices. So far everyone gets surprised when I name the price as they expect larger numbers. I have pretty much zero experience in stuff like this so it's kind fo tricky. I obviously would love to make more but I want to remain very accessible to everyone. I guess I'll try increasing them slowly and seeing how people react.
wow that's really dreamjob. btw who needs these translations?
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

Well, I'm not knowledgeable about this, but when I saw $70 I was really surprised. I think translation tends to be a pretty expensive business, so, given how rare your skill is, I think you can be making quite a bit that way! I suppose Russian-Japanese is gonna be mostly informal stuff, but you may consider getting some professional accreditation too (course/exam/etc.), then you could take on formal translation jobs too, which I assume would allow you to charge substantially more!

Anyway, great to see some entrepreneurship here =) Good luck kuchi!
Labs
37mins club

Post by Labs »

Labs wrote:Oke, some update of my "shit".

1. Arb betting: huh its like 300eur-700eur monthly now...

2. Steam trades: hmm, smth like 100eur-200eur monthly (you can sell the skins for real money, so its real money, ye.)

3. recyclix: 0, this one seems dead, at least i got out from it without minus.

4. New one for me: Mining e-money with computer (bitcoin, ethereum, zcash etc...).
1. 400-800 eur

2. 50-100 eur

4. 50-60 eur (decided not to buy more cards yet, but maybe in future.. mostly mining zcash, but if smth goes high at a time, i change to it)
Team SPEED

Labs
37mins club

Post by Labs »

Oke, again an update:

1. Arb betting: 0 - stopped doing it

2. Steam trading: ~10eur/month

3. Mining: not mining anymore

4. New one: arbitraging co trading and abot using - ~500-1500eur/month (you can join if want here:

https://www.arbitraging.co/platform/reg ... e/RLsHLHLq

More info about that? - check on youtube :) - also a small tutorial: http://netespenz.000webhostapp.com/arbco/

5. New one: Sharenode
- nasgo - nothing yet, but they got a promotion now of an airdrop, if you want to get 500 Nasgo coin for free (300$)

You can sell these coins after 11th january on bitforex. To get them, check this site:

www.umustsee.net/MAY0 - (put in your email and name), then its starting - click on get started, then click on menu icon on right top corner in presentation, click "id like to be a Sharenode member, or onto i have questions".

Now you can register to the site here: https://sharenode.com/zenth0r

After registering, go to https://idecideinteractive.com/nasgo and register there also, with your given data from your registered sharenode account. You can now login to idecideinteractive.com and get your link, which have to be viewed by 10-50 ppl to get your nasgo coins. Promotion ends in 31. dec.
Team SPEED

Orcc
Moporator

Post by Orcc »

500-1500 € per month (tax free?) sounds pretty good for many people in lower income countries. Out of curiosity I'd like to ask some questions:

1) How many hours of work are required for that sum? In other words what would be the hourly wage?
2) How risky is that? Since trading is involved is it possible to lose money?

Sounds like it's not something to build a career on since I don't see those kind of things lasting very long, but maybe it could be beneficial for someone.
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
Labs
37mins club

Post by Labs »

Orcc wrote: 11 Dec 2018, 09:20 500-1500 € per month (tax free?) sounds pretty good for many people in lower income countries. Out of curiosity I'd like to ask some questions:

1) How many hours of work are required for that sum? In other words what would be the hourly wage?
2) How risky is that? Since trading is involved is it possible to lose money?

Sounds like it's not something to build a career on since I don't see those kind of things lasting very long, but maybe it could be beneficial for someone.
1. If you want to trade on the internal exchange, i'm not the man who cant teach it (also there is many rules), hourly wage is impossible to say in this world of trading, it can be anything.

You can try to trade the coin (ARB) tho on coinexchange.io since there are no rules like on the internal exchange. The whole point there is, you make an offer, when it fills, you sell it higher, like on any other exchange. I would not suggest it, if you are new in trading, you can lose all your money ez.

2. You dont have to trade, can just go into abot and you get a daily percent of the company's earning (arbitraging bots) and compound or withdraw it.

There is pretty much thing tho which you should know about how to use the site and abot, also the internal exchange. All of the knowledge needed takes some time, but here you can watch some tutorials:

Useful Links:

* ARB Official Tutorials Channel - https://t.me/ArbTutorials
* ARB Official Discord - https://discordapp.com/invite/VRzhnna
* ARB Media Channel - https://t.me/arbbroadcast

Useful Tutorials & Videos
* ARB TUTORIAL CHANNEL - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY6mUk ... vQKNbsTR0Q

Abot gives ~0.5-1% daily, so after some months with getting your daily incomes you are at your money and you have nothing to lose from that point.

At every company, there is a risk that they disappear, but here the CEO and the whole team is known, also many community members already met them.
Team SPEED

Orcc
Moporator

Post by Orcc »

Personally I'd stay the hell away from companies that ask you to join, deposit money and invite friends, especially if they promise daily growth of 0,5-1 % (can be for example compared to average stock return of roughly 7 % in a YEAR). Surely if you feel comfortable being part of one feel free to do so, I suppose there can be good money in them for a small group of people.
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
ile
Kuski

Post by ile »

slay green dragons on runescape

Labs
37mins club

Post by Labs »

It's time for a new update:

1. Arbitrage betting: 0 - stopped doing it

2. Steam trading: ~50-250eur/month

3. Mining: not mining anymore

4. Arbitraging co trading and abot using - not working anymore

5. Sharenode - its dead i guess

6. Crypto trading: xxx-xxxx eur/month (some months are rough, but this space gives big volatility, so cannot tell numbers)
Team SPEED

kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

pawq wrote: 22 Oct 2017, 02:58you may consider getting some professional accreditation too (course/exam/etc.), then you could take on formal translation jobs too, which I assume would allow you to charge substantially more!
Translating for two manga publishers now. It's not exactly a goldmine, but I guess as long as the jobs keep coming I can support myself while still having plenty of time for self-improvement in all sorts of areas (inner peace, human relationships, arts, other languages, whatever). Working from home at a pretty comfortable pace, doing something enjoyable and creative to make people happy: this is pretty much exactly where I wanted to be in terms of employment. Perhaps this life is going somewhere after all... I think my biggest goal now is to do something about loneliness.