Boring topic

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Boring topic

Post by John »

Right now I feel very bored. Tried some Elma earlier, got bored. Don't feel like switching to PS3. Don't have energy to hang out with friends. Kinda feel like doing some canvas art with spray cans, problem is I don't have any spray cans yet. I also would like to get started writing a screenplay from my whiteboard notes but duno where to start and have no energy.

In summary, what do you guys do when you feel bored like this? Are there any ways to not feel so bored? Do you have any suggestions for me personally? And if any of you feel a bored as I do write it here and we can help each other out of boredom.
Igge
38mins club

Re: Boring topic

Post by Igge »

I think I know the feeling. When I experience something similar, I usually go for walks. I like to listen to an album or two, while thinking about the very things I found boring/disturbing before I left, or things that are bothering me. I'd recommend listening to calm and thought-provoking music that helps you focus; some Pink Floyd or such.

In your case, take a walk and maybe think about your screenplay and what you can do to make it happen, think about elma (personally I think about levels I could make), think about your life and everything. After an hour or two when you get home you'll have thought of at least something you want to do, and will have energy to do so from the walk.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
twipley3
Kuski

Post by twipley3 »

I have recently been on a fitness program. I eat the healthiest veggies in blendered soups, http://adph.org/diabetes/assets/Vegetable_Ranking.pdf

and I am following the T25 Alpha, Beta, and Gamma cycles workout, then it'll be Insanity & Asylum (vol. 1 & 2 & the advanced, hybrid calendar). If I get the motivation.

I know you like taking walks. You might have an interest John, like me, in writing down your dreams. This can take a lot of time in the day, and be considered a creative pursuit.
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

Good topic.

I don't get bored easily, but when I do, other people always take me out of boredom. If there are no other people around, physical activity is very good for getting out of it. But I never go for walks (I mean, just by myself. I love long walks with other ppl, tho), I do some gym stuff then.

But I often feel just A BIT bored, but then Youtube helps (a lot. I can spend a lot of time there) and if not, Elma is an evergreen. It almost never fails to entertain me. And when I get bored of Elma, there is a lot more new stuff on teh internet again and I can spend time there, till I feel like elmaing again :D

It only sucks, when I get bored at work. And I can't youtube or elma at work, so I listen to music there. But after some time, even music is not enough. Only the best of the best music works (there's always something that I LOVE at that particular moment), but the problem with music like that is that there's never enough of it :)

But when we talk in long terms, some new activity helps like a miracle. When I started painting, I was like never bored, IIRC. So do something new, is my advice :)
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels
Lee
37mins club

Post by Lee »

I like Igge's comment. I usually go for speed walks and take my music with me. When I get back home I feel so much better and full of energy, I can do just about anything without getting bored again.
Chris
Kuski
Team: Ferrari

Post by Chris »

When I'm bored I go bike or walk alone (depending on weather). I drive a car without any aim too. Driving very late at night is good too when there is no traffic. When I do things like that I can free my mind.
Lousku wrote:could you mayke shorter sig please :( mega annoying and also against rules :()
ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Post by ville_j »

My vote, too, goes for taking a walk with music. It's very nice especially if some artist has just released a new album and you take a first listen while walking outside in a chilling weather. It's a good break from the computers and screens I stare at most of the time at work and on free time.
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Thanks for the advice. I use to take walks when feeling down or just feeling general sadness. Like when I'm in my old hometown with all my memories and getting all nostalgic while still not feeling at home anymore. Daft Punk's album Random Access Memories is great walking music. This particular instance of boredom (first post) I went out for a quick session of BMX with a friend then went home for some PS3. But I bet it won't be many days before I get bored again.
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

I guess I kinda see boredom and sadness as two sides of the same coin. Usually boredom for me is coupled with frustration, and that frustration can be linked to sadness.. They both result in the same symptoms, where simply nothing seems fun anymore. Clearing your mind and soul with a long walk usually helps for me in both cases.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Zero
Kuski

Post by Zero »

I force myself to do something I've been thinking about for a long time. Watching some movie that has been on my list for ages or starting some project.
Rank #1 battler and the champion of BOSS cup :gaa:
36 club since 02/2024
Mats
39mins club

Post by Mats »

Go bowling with random friend as icebreaker then talk about stuff, then figure out were to go from there. Just getting a text that says ok makes the boredom go away. Listen to some nostalgic party music to bring out the social gene.

Recently hung out with couple of guys from work for first time, was fun to visit them privately. Sometimes you're lucky enough to meet friend of friends that got mutual interest. Gives bigger opportunities.

TT:39.59.86|| AvgTT:41.49.24 || Multi TT:27:43:82 || Team [TR]
Boomer
39mins club
Team: LOS

Post by Boomer »

YouTube, podcasts, or call someone usually helps.
Team LOS website

<jaytea> uh milk was invented in 1966
-
<teh_mila> bah, fucked up nice labpro ride cause i almost fell of the chair:)
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Again very bored.
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Igge wrote: 14 Sep 2015, 20:33 I guess I kinda see boredom and sadness as two sides of the same coin.
I've seen some very "spiritual" people say that boredom is a problem of the modern man who is always running away from himself and constantly looking for things to distract his troubled mind. According to them, ancient people were different and could just sit doing nothing for hours without getting bored because they were at peace with themselves and didn't need any distractions. I wonder if there is some truth to this.
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

Oh yeah, I do think so at least. I think it's one of the biggest psychological burdens in modern societies - over-pressure to achieve, so we are inclined to feel guilty if we're idle even for a bit. I'm still learning to deal with this, but I think I'm a bit better (and calmer) now than I was at times in the past. Still bad though :/
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

when im bored i either
- go back and forth through my 10 most viewed websites
- put on some music
- retry the same elma lev 1000 times
- play the same osu! map over 100 times
while continuing to bore
hi im arzenik :>
elmzuke.lev is the greatest piece of art ever created