religion of peace

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

milagros
Cheatless

religion of peace

Post by milagros »

discuss
[carebox]
Fruitós
Kuski

Re: religion of peace

Post by Fruitós »

Religion and peace are antagonic concepts.
analcactus
Kuski

Post by analcactus »

religion or peace*

peace
Image Image
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

I'm down but religion needs some type of God to worship so we will have to assign one.
God Bless America
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

I like your signature, gimp.

For the sake of high quality discussion, please define terms 'religion' and 'peace'. k10x
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

Define high quality discussion.
jblaze
38mins club

Post by jblaze »

:burn in hell
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
(Devann) u are the master of your own universe. remember that
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

Tigro wrote:For the sake of high quality discussion, please define terms 'religion' and 'peace'. k10x
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_of_Peace
[carebox]
iltsu
37mins club
Team: EF

Post by iltsu »

Islam is sick and shit religion. Its not religion of peace. Europe should not take any islamist refugees in here.

Ei mulla muuta.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

Just fix education (without propaganda) for all the people, and education will do the rest.
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

If you do not believe that the bombings were the results of white people in Australia, then you are considered a racist.
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

I think killing people is not cool. Seriously, you're not supposed to do that.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

kuchitsu wrote:I think killing people is not cool. Seriously, you're not supposed to do that.
oh, muslims actually are.
Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

Post by Hosp »

religion of piss imho
ToMaT
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

religion doesn't kill people
guns don't kill people
bombs don't kill people

people kill people

/thread

Also Zweq is right on the education issue.
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

+1
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

if islam was the religion of peace, muslim extremists would be extremely peaceful:)
[carebox]
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

ISIS is to Islam what the KKK is to Christianity.
<veezay> antti also gonna get stabbed later this month
<nick-o-matic> niec

My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

ISIS kicks ass, how can you guys hate this? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXMSY9gaA1o
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

Ruben wrote:ISIS is to Islam what the KKK is to Christianity.
KKK was not a religious group / movement / extremists
[carebox]
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

milagros wrote:
Ruben wrote:ISIS is to Islam what the KKK is to Christianity.
KKK was not a religious group / movement / extremists
Wait what? Are you seriously saying the KKK isn't religious?
<nick-o-matic> niec

8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

kuchitsu wrote:ISIS kicks ass, how can you guys hate this? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXMSY9gaA1o
my fav track for years, I miss those guys
39:37,91
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

Ruben wrote:Wait what? Are you seriously saying the KKK isn't religious?
The Ku Klux Klan (KKK), or simply "the Klan", is the name of three distinct past and present movements in the United States that have advocated extremist reactionary currents such as white supremacy, white nationalism, and anti-immigration, historically expressed through terrorism aimed at groups or individuals whom they opposed.

the goals of the "organization" had nothing to do with religion
[carebox]
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

milagros wrote:
The Ku Klux Klan (KKK), or simply "the Klan", is the name of three distinct past and present movements in the United States that have advocated extremist reactionary currents such as white supremacy, white nationalism, and anti-immigration, historically expressed through terrorism aimed at groups or individuals whom they opposed.

If you read about 20 words further into that wikipedia page.
The second group was founded in 1915 and after 1921 it rapidly expanded into a very large nationwide organization. It opposed Catholics and Jews, especially newer immigrants. [...] while adding cross burnings and mass parades. It stressed opposition to the Catholic Church. [...] Though members of the KKK swore to uphold American values and Christian morality, virtually every Christian denomination officially denounced the KKK.
You can continue to read more about that in the article; or elsewhere on the internet.

In short, the second klan was started initially as a protestant movement and was heavily anti-catholic. They're actually a fairly good comparison to ISIS.

---

A better example is Kony's "Lord's resistance army".
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

im not educated in KKK stuf but in general there are 3 laws in elma scene you should keep in mind:

1. jon is always right
2. mila is always right
29. bjenn
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

But what if mila and jon collide in an argument?
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

Haruhi wrote:
milagros wrote:

The second group was founded in 1915 and after 1921 it rapidly expanded into a very large nationwide organization. It opposed Catholics and Jews, especially newer immigrants. [...] while adding cross burnings and mass parades. It stressed opposition to the Catholic Church. [...] Though members of the KKK swore to uphold American values and Christian morality, virtually every Christian denomination officially denounced the KKK.
You can continue to read more about that in the article; or elsewhere on the internet.

In short, the second klan was started initially as a protestant movement and was heavily anti-catholic. They're actually a fairly good comparison to ISIS.

---

This.
<nick-o-matic> niec

Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

Ruben wrote:
Haruhi wrote:
milagros wrote:

---

This.
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

Zweq wrote:im not educated in KKK stuf but in general there are 3 laws in elma scene you should keep in mind:

1. jon is always right
2. mila is always right
29. bjenn
LSHISOTS... Laughing So Hard I Spat On The Screen. :D
analcactus
Kuski

Post by analcactus »

Zweq wrote:im not educated in KKK stuf but in general there are 3 laws in elma scene you should keep in mind:

1. jon is always right
2. mila is always right
29. bjenn
you best
Image Image
ROKKEBOL
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by ROKKEBOL »

analcactus wrote:

1. jon is always right
2. mila is always right
29. bjenn
you best
no, jon best

A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

If the KKK was Christian, was their aim to establish a Christian state? If not, then it's a bad comparison to ISIS. Didn't they have an aim closer to eugenics, or institutionalized racism? Reading comprehension seems low here.
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Aim of second movement of KKK was primarily motivated in elimination of catholicism rather than racism as the KKK is widely known for. Either way, it's not really with the intention of establishing a protestant state. I agree it's not a perfect comparison to ISIS, which is why I suggested a more accurate alternative.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Islam is actually an (almost) perfectly designed (political) system for stampeding the western culture. It utilises the three stages where in the first (peaceful) phase muslims (citing the first (peaceful) part of Quran) claim to be assimilative and willing to cohabitate within the western world. The second (passive-aggressive) phase focuses on demanding (unequal) rights for the muslim community (citing Quran out-of-context), concealing the fact that Quran allows them to subside to western lifestyle (e.g. eating pork) if they live in such conditions, however still trying to pressure sharia law (which western authorities usually don't know well enough), and since politics of humanism and freedom is very vulnerable here, they usually get what they ask for (prayer breaks at school, etc.). After all this is done, the muslim community within the given state gains on population (since muslims are ordered to conquer the world either by sword or by seed), which results in bigger political, economical and social status they now posess. This concludes in the third (aggressive) phase, where sharia law starts to be (or already is) heavily insisted on, the (so called-extremists) influential muslim leaders cite the (aggresive, late-dated Medina) Quran parts which order muslims to erradicate all kafirs (infidel dogs).

The first stage can be observed in a few countries only now, since most of the countries actually face the second stage already. Germany, USA, France, Britain... all the countries which pressured the multi-culti system now suffer from this.
The third stage countries are mostly the original middle-eastern countries, which now seem to us as extreme and radical (but they are actually not, they just focus on different part of Quran, because they face different situation)

Western world has no answer to this even today. As long as boundless freedom and blind humanism is enforced, this will become bigger and bigger trouble.
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

The problem is is that you just assume all Muslims are the same, which is like saying all Christians are the same. And assuming that, for some reason, all Muslims are in on a huge conspiracy to control the world. It's preposterous. It's like saying all Christians are evil puritans hell-bent on sending everyone to hell.
<nick-o-matic> niec

Mats
39mins club

Post by Mats »

Tigro wrote:Blind humanism is enforced, this will become bigger and bigger trouble.

That's pretty much the world today.

We don't think about their values because most people don't know them. They want people to comit their life to god and are against much of our current lifestyle.
To many of them free will, wealth and luxury lifestyle is satanism, which actually is true according to the holy book.

Worst factor in all of it is all the hate, we hate them, they hate us. In reality most people are neutral, but noone cares about that. Drama is memorable and gives much more impact, media focus on drama and generate even more.
TT:39.59.86|| AvgTT:41.49.24 || Multi TT:27:43:82 || Team [TR]
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

Mats wrote:
Tigro wrote:Blind humanism is enforced, this will become bigger and bigger trouble.

That's pretty much the world today.

We don't think about their values because most people don't know them. They want people to comit their life to god and are against much of our current lifestyle.
To many of them free will, wealth and luxury lifestyle is satanism, which actually is true according to the holy book.

Worst factor in all of it is all the hate, we hate them, they hate us. In reality most people are neutral, but noone cares about that. Drama is memorable and gives much more impact, media focus on drama and generate even more.
I have never met a muslim who thinks this way. I have met plenty of Christians like that though
<nick-o-matic> niec

Mats
39mins club

Post by Mats »

Religion means believe or suffer
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

Ruben wrote:I have never met a muslim who thinks this way. I have met plenty of Christians like that though
then where are all the beheadings by christians? Tigro on beheading spree?
[carebox]
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

Mats wrote:Religion means believe or suffer
I'm more of a suffer guy then =)
I met and talked to my first two muslims like a month ago, only one of them covered her hair fully, the other one didn't cover shit (didn't dare to ask about that first time meet).
They do not celebrate christmas or anything like that, but they do have two big celebrations when the youngsters get presents and a load of money from family and all adult relatives.
Could be up to 330€ (4000 SEK) or so they said.
I also asked why they did this "fasting" thing or "Lent", they said it was because other people from other parts of the world are suffering from not having enough food, sounded legit.
Mats
39mins club

Post by Mats »

Many muslims are nice people, my neighbors celebrate christmas even. Visited my neighbors home once, the women in the house ran to the bathroom to cover their hair, even tho I already saw them going in there.

Father in the family said he was so tired lately, because it was some prayer period for him. He had to pray every 6th hour, so had to wake up 3AM to pray half an hour. Otherwise a normal family life with Arabic TV1. Had to hold my laugh when he turned up volume to some Folklore Arabic song. He said good song, its a classic from back home.

I recently read many people explaining their relationship with god, and found a lot of good explainations to understand from which angle they look at it.
My general impression is that God is a feeling. Like with meditation, yoga and breath exercise, praying or "feeling" god is a moment where you are fully relaxed, emptied from stress and anxiety.

To make a replica of how it feels try breathing with deep breaths, only think and focus on good slow breathing. If doing it right it's like all other thoughts is gone.
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

milagros wrote:
Ruben wrote:I have never met a muslim who thinks this way. I have met plenty of Christians like that though
History is soaked with the blood of people who were beheaded by Christians. Usually for not being Christian. It's not so commo today, but mass shootings are like the modern equivelant. Almost always done by some delutional white Christian.
<nick-o-matic> niec

Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Ruben wrote:
milagros wrote:
History is soaked with the blood of people who were beheaded by Christians. Usually for not being Christian. It's not so commo today, but mass shootings are like the modern equivelant. Almost always done by some delutional white Christian.
This is basically a Godwin's law, just with christian history. Yes, in dark ages many people died "in the name of God".
Also, I don't behead people. but I used to stone them. Now, they usually stone themselves like three times a week.
Secondly, please distinguish between Chrstian and Christian. Calling yourself christian doesn't make you Christian. Same for muslims.
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

Tigro wrote:Same for muslims.
This! This is what I'm trying to say. Nobody seem to judge all Christians as the same, but it happens constantly with Muslims. Before that it was jews, and before that it was blacks, and before that it was pagans, and before that it was the neighbouring tribe. It's a tribal instinct and it has overstayed its welcome.
<nick-o-matic> niec

Mats
39mins club

Post by Mats »

Kind hard to ignore when sheep enters a wolf pack and want his culture. As I previously said, media make headline news everytime a muslim want something. People are indoctrinated to judge. News got so strong impact that it's the only way to change views on society.

http://www.dawn.com/news/1228079
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

milagros wrote:
http://heavy.com/news/2015/12/anti-bala ... d-youtube/
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

ruben, enjoy gang rapes
[carebox]
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

milagros wrote:ruben, enjoy gang rapes
At least I was never molested by a catholic priest as a kid.
<nick-o-matic> niec

milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

well'
Ruben wrote:At least I was never molested by a catholic priest as a kid.
I am an atheist, but you must be blind to see no difference between today's christianity and islam.
Islam is a fascist ideology, incompatible with today's values in western europe and should be banned as nazism or scientology in some countries. I tried to read qu'ran, it's wicked, no words can describe how fucked up the book is.

I just don't understand this left-wing bullshit. The same people fight for gay/lesbian rights, women rights and for rights of muslims to spread their ideology. Where is the consistency? They would be the first to fuck things up and return to the bronze age. For whatever reason whatever happen, white males are responsible for everything. How is Europe responsible for the conflict in Syria (or poverty in Eritrea)? Who is fighting against who? Maybe their countries are in a shitty state because their people are shitty.
[carebox]
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

milagros wrote:well'
Ruben wrote:At least I was never molested by a catholic priest as a kid.
I am an atheist, but you must be blind to see no difference between today's christianity and islam.
Islam is a fascist ideology, incompatible with today's values in western europe and should be banned as nazism or scientology in some countries. I tried to read qu'ran, it's wicked, no words can describe how fucked up the book is.

I just don't understand this left-wing bullshit. The same people fight for gay/lesbian rights, women rights and for rights of muslims to spread their ideology. Where is the consistency? They would be the first to fuck things up and return to the bronze age. For whatever reason whatever happen, white males are responsible for everything. How is Europe responsible for the conflict in Syria (or poverty in Eritrea)? Who is fighting against who? Maybe their countries are in a shitty state because their people are shitty.
Have you tried reading the Bible? It is equally fucked up, if not more. It's the most gruesome display of blood, horror and fear-mongering shit I have ever read, yet nobody seem to think all Christians are evil. Why? People clearly seem to think all muslims are evil because of some passages in the Quran. The problem is that people assume all Muslims are the same. Yes, there are some fucked up Muslim terrorist groups, but they are about as representative of Islam as the KKK are of Christianity. Every Muslim I have ever spoken to has refused to call these terrorists Muslims. We have to stop generalizing these people, because they're just fucking people. A QUARTER OF THE WORLD'S POPULATION. Are you seriously judging almost 2 billion people on the actions of a few thousand? It's preposterous.

I don't have anything against Christians, I do have something against religion, but people can do whatever the hell they want as long as they keep it to themselves. The reason I keep generalizing all Christians based on a few odd ones is to show how absurd it is. Human rights, remember? Not western rights. Sure, some things in many Muslim countries, such as Syria, are very dated, especially when it comes to views on women. And that's a problem, in those countries. However, in Indonesia the head of state is a woman, and that is a muslim country. In fact, lots of muslim countries have women heads of state, you can read more here if you're interested.

Now, when immigrants come to another culture, regardless of ethnicity, religion or whatever, it is more than fair to require that they learn their new culture; how to behave, learn the language etc. Outdated views on women or anything else is no more acceptable from an immigrant than it is for a "native" Norwegian (although the "natives" of Norway are the Saami, and God knows how our Christian forfathers fucked them over). In my experience, though, refugees do whatever they can to stay. They have been through hell, and never want to go back unless it's safe. These people WALKED from Syria to Norway for fuck's sake, there's some serious desperation here.

All I'm asking is that we stop thinking of these people as "the others" and start thinking of them as people. Nothing good comes from generalizations and fear mongering.

Also, remember that the only act of terrorism in Norway since 1945 was commited by a devout Christian. He murdered teenagers whose political views differed from his, to "defend the west." He's an atrocious piece of shit, and no upstanding christian would associate themselves with him. The same way no upstanding Muslim would associate themselves with ISIL, Taliban or Al Quida.
<nick-o-matic> niec