Bearing

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

roope
37mins club
Team: MiE

Bearing

Post by roope »

Was kinda surprised there wasn't a proper topic about this already (at least I didn't find with quick search).
How often do you drink bear? How much usually at a time? How do you think you would fare in a FEM bear balle? If you go to "have a one bear with coworkers", does it stay at just one? Do you log your bearings at #across like you should??

I'll maybe answer later o,o
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Chris
Kuski
Team: Ferrari

Re: Bearing

Post by Chris »

At first I wanted to bear a lot, but then I actually realized I drank too much. Loggings is good way to actually control my bearings.
Lousku wrote:could you mayke shorter sig please :( mega annoying and also against rules :()
Ithy
Kuski

Post by Ithy »

Only recently I have started to wonder same thing, is this too much.. On average, I think, 2-3 nights a week. More if need to meet people etc. Regularity is main problem

Yeah, I'm really not doing well, but getting better ^_^
ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Post by ville_j »

I guess 2 evns per week quite norm for me. I used to do more, then I started reducing it drastically because of the weight losing project, but now I have caught up again, probably because many social happenings, seeing friends and during summer people are on vacation and it's funner to go out and have a few bears after work. It's not that unusual that in these "let's go have a few bears" you end up drinking more than you signed up for, but sometimes it also stays at three pints or so. But I really like hanging out in pubs, having a few bears and chatting with friends. During summer it's also nice to go to enjoy some bears in the park, nothing better.

FEM beer battle.. there's nothing I am more worried about! Hat trick would be mega nice and would be happy to win it again, but I'm afraid it might not be possible. Since I lost some 12 kg I get drunk much more easily so it is going to be hard for me, I better start practicing already, been so little elmaing anyways lately.. Now-a-days I sometimes feel only after 8 bears that oke oke this is enough already, but I most certainly won't be giving up during beer battle!
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
Ithy
Kuski

Post by Ithy »

Yeah, one beer is never one beer, that is just a fact, really. Saturday, I was supposed to have "just a few" - I'm still up, only with about 5 hours sleep somewhere in there (about 60 hours now I think)

I think I might conquer the beer battle :lol:
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

I somehow still haven't tried beer at 23 years old. Partially because I don't socialize much so people don't get many opportunities to introduce me to beer drinking. Partially because I spent a significant part of my childhood living with a horrible drunkard granddad, which definitely had a strong impact on my views on alcohol. Also I guess the parenting affected me, as well as the fact that whenever I have to interact with a drunk person, I almost always feel like beer just turned a usually nice and pleasant man into an annoying tactless cocky bastard that keeps clinging to me and just doesn't get the hint that I want him to leave me alone. Sorry offtopic.
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

Last week I drank way too much every day (beer, spirits, cocktails etc). An idiot even convinced me to take an absinthe shot. Worst thing I have ever done. Oh god the horror. But it was vacation, me and a group of friends went to Riga for ten (very alcoholic) days. The rest of the year I hardly drink at all except for a party every once in a while.

I guess since I drink so rarely, I also don't know my own limits. Drunk Ruben is a fucking idiot. At a certain point his brain just snaps and he figures that in order not to sober up he has to drink a fucktonne, so suddenly he has a glass of wine in one hand, a glass of beer in the other, and a glass of whiskey in the third. Half an hour later he's shitfaced like a proper twat (along with everyone else at the party).

I don't think alcohol is good for me. It makes me feel weird.
<veezay> antti also gonna get stabbed later this month
<nick-o-matic> niec

My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

Also sounds dangerous Ruben, if you drink rarely, it's still the amount you drink at those times that are dangerous for you.
I drink rarely and I try to not drink that much when I do, I feel like it's not worth it, you are not yourself and you will most likely be sick the day after ;P
I also feel I have easier to get drunk nowadays than before, but not sure.
I always want to have control over what I do when I drink, I believe that I have had each time, with some exception maybe =)
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

Bjenn wrote:Also sounds dangerous Ruben, if you drink rarely, it's still the amount you drink at those times that are dangerous for you.
I drink rarely and I try to not drink that much when I do, I feel like it's not worth it, you are not yourself and you will most likely be sick the day after ;P
I also feel I have easier to get drunk nowadays than before, but not sure.
I always want to have control over what I do when I drink, I believe that I have had each time, with some exception maybe =)
Not really, I've never blacked out or been at the point where I can't walk or talk, so I've never really felt in danger. Also we're good friends who tell each other when to stop with the alcohol and move onto water. We also make sure everybody gets safely to a bed/sofa/floor.
<nick-o-matic> niec

Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

I drank way too much every time when too young, 14-18ish and it always led to shitness, blackout, vomiting and embarrassing stuff. So for some years I felt it isn't for me and didn't drink at all. Now I drink pretty rarely but it's usually small chill amounts and in control. It's a good social tool for me and very rarely goes overboard.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

That's good Ruben! How big was the absinthe shot btw? Curious :)
I have only tried that in small amounts, 80%.
Polarix
Kuski
Team: TR

Post by Polarix »

Lately, 5 beers a week. Two beers max a day. Sometimes it can go months without alcohol. At party, max 4 beers.

I like to take a beer when playing battles at the evenings.
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

Bjenn wrote:That's good Ruben! How big was the absinthe shot btw? Curious :)
Big af. Big shot glass filled to the brim. I couldn't breathe for a few seconds afterwards cause it was very strong. I should have known based on the look on the barkeep's face when my idiot friend asked for two shots of the horror. The day after I tried a proper drink with it, was much nicer.
<nick-o-matic> niec

Labs
37mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Labs »

Weekly 5-15 beer now, but it's summer time cmon! Not going over 10 at any night tho nowadays, i would be drunk from it.
Team SPEED

Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

I usually drink only light lager beers, but found quite teh interest in Brooklyn Lager from New York, it feels like a in between normal and IPA, I don't like any IPA or APA:s but this one I started to like quite quickly!
I recommend to try it if you usually only drink light lager beers.
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

Bjenn wrote:I usually drink only light lager beers, but found quite teh interest in Brooklyn Lager from New York, it feels like a in between normal and IPA, I don't like any IPA or APA:s but this one I started to like quite quickly!
I recommend to try it if you usually only drink light lager beers.
I quite like Kozel, it's a Czech dark lager. Very ez round and pleasant taste, and it hides its actual alcohol percentage very well.
<nick-o-matic> niec

Mats
39mins club

Post by Mats »

Bjenn wrote:That's good Ruben! How big was the absinthe shot btw? Curious :)
Once tried punch with 2 litre absinthe, not recommended, next day did 10 jaegershots at once, after half an hour it felt like massive amounts of redbull kicking in and energy was maxed out.
TT:39.59.86|| AvgTT:41.49.24 || Multi TT:27:43:82 || Team [TR]